PDA

View Full Version : Trouble replying to messages

KGB
30th March 2009, 07:25 PM
I seem to be having a lot of trouble replying to other members messages at the moment. After receiving a public message and then clicking on their name I am being told that I am not signed in or do not have permission to view their page. This has happened a lot of late. Anyone know what is occurring?

subtotal
30th March 2009, 09:20 PM
mines been ok , is it anything to do with cookies not keeping you signed in

blackwiggle
30th March 2009, 10:12 PM
The dreaded 800xxx03D error message.

Something has changed on your modem.

Sometimes a modem can forget "who it is",sounds strange but it's happened to me a few times.
This is what my ISP's tech support has told me to do previously and it's worked.

Just get into your modems software by typing in your isp's address [it will be http:// with three sets of numbers]
Write down the information that appears on the screen
Protocol [depends what service your using ,usually PPPoE]
ISP username
ISP password
VPI
VCI

Just clear each cell one at a time and re enter the same info ,when finished hit apply,that should reset your modem.
Do the old power down of the modem for 30 sec,the power it back up again.
Once all your LED's are bright you should be OK.

Darkdrium777
30th March 2009, 11:01 PM
I think he's talking about the forums blackwiggle ;)

Visitor messages ain't it? Click the "View Conversation" link, and then type your message in the box and post it. That's how I do it and it works.

KGB
31st March 2009, 11:41 AM
Your right Darkdrium777, I meant the visitor section.

It's not just a replying to messages either, sometimes when I try and view someones profile page it tells me the same thing, this only happens on some people not all of them. I couldn't reply to a certain person yesterday but today, I can? :frown:

Darkdrium777
31st March 2009, 01:45 PM
Use CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/) to clean your temporary files and your registry (Make sure it is set to clear Cache and Cookies).
This might do it. :)