PDA

View Full Version : Red Dwarf

stin
28th March 2009, 07:41 AM
Red Dwarf is back with three new more episodes, which starts in two weeks time on Dave.

To me it`s smegging fantastic news!

The title is Back to Earth.

Can`t wait to watch this comedy.

stevie:sonar

BulletWraith
28th March 2009, 10:51 AM
:clap:rock
*welcomes 'Smeg' back into his vocabulary*
thanks Stevie this is great news, just hope it doesn't take to long to hit new zealand shores
-Stevie

KGB
28th March 2009, 11:11 AM
and Rimmer! :lol:lol:lol

blackwiggle
28th March 2009, 12:34 PM
Has anybody seen the photographic similarities between Asayyeah and KRYTON?

Doesn't matter.
BOTH ARE SUPERIOR BEINGS

yeldar2097
28th March 2009, 12:40 PM
haha! smeg! i'd forgotten how awesome that word was.
ah red dwarf how i love you so :)
great news! i love dave too :P

Asayyeah
28th March 2009, 04:39 PM
Has anybody seen the photographic similarities between Asayyeah and KRYTON?

you spooky bitch !

I was almost close to let that 'cold case' definitely stored & closed into the archive limbo of this site...but... a left handed golfer :) and a cheeky southern hemisphere basturd :p made my plan obsolete

:mr-t

YouAreFubar
29th March 2009, 04:10 PM
Id heard about this! Im looking forward to it although a lot of modern remakes tend to be not too good. Im hoping it doesnt let the older series down.

stin
29th March 2009, 07:59 PM
Guys,

If this go down to excellent ratings then they might create one more new series!:o

Well, I`m hoping they do.

According to these actors, who actually enjoyed their time and they would come back for another series.
Well to me, that is great news and we will find it out eventually.

stevie:)

DawnFireDragoon
30th March 2009, 12:43 AM
been looking forward to this for a while, Red Dwarf is great. Hopefully it should be good fun.

subtotal
7th April 2009, 09:19 PM
smegheads -just saw trailer ,
it starts good friday a 9.00 pm

omega329
11th April 2009, 02:51 PM
Well, I saw it last night, and wasn't too impressed, :| It lacks the creativity and feel of the older series...

SaturnReturn
11th April 2009, 03:14 PM
I had a little chuckle in one or two places. But it lacked the soul of the old ones. I think it's still worth watching but the episode I saw straight after it was way funnier despite being a repeat.

Someone suggested to me that it was because it didn't have the laughter track so people didn't know when to laugh. I think that's quite cynical but perhaps there is some truth in it. Laughter is supposed to be contagious.

Hellfire_WZ
11th April 2009, 03:18 PM
Absolutely right, it lacked the familiar feel without the laughter. Dunno what to make of it to be honest, funny in parts but I hope there's more to come.

stin
11th April 2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah, that`s true about laughter but, this will be a new thing for the future because, what about The Simpson?

To me personally, I did thought it was good and I was told, it`s suppose be good tonight on second episode and I will be watching.

SaturnReturn
11th April 2009, 08:11 PM
Oh dear! I'm watching this now and the storyline just took a massive turn in the direction of BAD. No spoilers from me but damn, I sure hope it's not as bad as it seems.

ACE-FLO
11th April 2009, 08:16 PM
Id heard about this! Im looking forward to it although a lot of modern remakes tend to be not too good. Im hoping it doesnt let the older series down.

Judging by the comments here , It has... I'm a BIG fan of the series!

Y'know, I'm of the opinion that as long there is another series which is at least half as good - it's worth watching!

But that's just me probably... ;)

stin
11th April 2009, 08:18 PM
second episode is the best so far atm, but I`m watching a re-run in 30mins time ;)

KGB
11th April 2009, 09:01 PM
was this on tonight, missed in that case :frown:

infoxicated
11th April 2009, 09:02 PM
I never realised this was on already - I thought it wasn't going to be on until summer. (Admittedly with the way the Scottish weather works it could already be summer and I just haven't noticed, but my calendar still says April!)

By series 7 it was starting to run out of steam, then series 8 killed it for me, really - I thought it was very poorly written and went for far too many cheap gags. I saw a picture of the cast in the free Metro paper a few weeks back and man do they look old... hard to believe it's twenty-odd years since the first series.

I'll need to try and catch the new ones on Dave when they re-run it. (stupid name for a TV channel.)

//edit

A-ha!

From Monday at 9pm they're showing the new ones back to back. Perfect - I'll watch it then. :)

stin
12th April 2009, 09:16 PM
Well, watched the third episode tonight and it`s slightly a bit serious but also funny too and very interesting too.

Guys, I must recomended you to watch the making of Red Dwarf!;)

Spaceboy Gajo
13th April 2009, 04:11 AM
Do they explain at all how they lost Kochanski and what the hell happened in the Mirror Universe? You know from Series VIII.

Those are the things that keep me up at night. ;)

omega329
14th April 2009, 09:47 AM
Kochanski, yes. Mirror universe, I don't think so...

It let the old series down IMO

DawnFireDragoon
14th April 2009, 03:06 PM
i finally watched all 3 and as a big fan of the original 7 series and a modest fan of series 8 i was mainly dissapointed. it has the odd bit of classic dwarf humour, but went all over the place later on.

it was worth watching, but people who wanted a resolution to the series 8 cliffhanger will be dissapointed as they skip some time and just don't mention it!!!

stin
14th April 2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah, but Dave are already talking about series Ten and Doug Naylor says, he is not going to do series nine. So, that is a shame and it`s time to move on.

SaturnReturn
14th April 2009, 10:12 PM
I'm glad they did it just because I wouldn't have seen the "smeg-ups" episode otherwise. That was hilarious. I didn't even bother watching episode 3 though as episode 2 just seemed to go wrong early on with all the Dave references.

DawnFireDragoon
15th April 2009, 10:37 AM
yeah the dave references were annoying and a bad idea as red dwarf is a cult show...people will discover this on dvd more than anything and be watching it years from now thinking what the hell is DAVE?

Lion
16th April 2009, 01:22 AM
as I was watching the first ep I was wondering if the whole show's humour had aged badly, or if it was just that this ep of the show was kinda arkward and not very good.. kinda got into it as I watched the second ep, but the third was kinda flat for me

Overall I don't consider it time wasted, but it's not something I'd go out of my way to see more of, if it continues at this calibre

ACE-FLO
16th April 2009, 06:01 PM
Despite obvious moments where I thuoght maybe the humour was too tired, after watching the re-runs on Ch-Dave, the mini-part series has grown on me. Almost sad, except i'm kinda comfy with that lol