PDA

View Full Version : Get WipEout HD for free!

H3avyM3tal
17th March 2009, 08:14 PM
A promotion is apparently being held by Sony in Austria, where you get a redeemable voucher to download WipEout HD off the Austrian PSN store for free.

All that is required is to simply register an Austrian PSN account, the promotion is said to have started yesterday (March 16th) and will finish on April 18th.

The codes will be emailed to the registered address after this date, according to PS3NewsRoom.

You can find the original German article translated by Google below.

Read more here (http://www.gamersdigest.net/2206/get-wipeout-hd-for-free/).

Wow is all I can say, and jump the offer like April 18th is the end of the world!

mdhay
17th March 2009, 08:32 PM
Except for the fact that you need an austrian address to get it.:(

eLhabib
17th March 2009, 08:38 PM
Well just make one up then, it's not that hard really... I've got 5 different accounts on my PS3, including a US, UK and Jap one.

mdhay
17th March 2009, 08:48 PM
I'm gonna have to - I can only swear in dutch!:lol

Axel
17th March 2009, 08:48 PM
Gosh, for free? ITS A TRAP!!!!!!!! :)

mdhay
17th March 2009, 09:00 PM
@eL:

I've done it. Is there a place called vddddfffggghnhytrfffffffff?

Xavier
17th March 2009, 09:17 PM
I'll use the address of the youth hostel I stayed at long ago. Wow, what a deal!

H3avyM3tal
17th March 2009, 10:38 PM
Please do tell if you actually get yer free copy :) This here is one serious chance to get one of d-games around.

Velocitar64
17th March 2009, 10:59 PM
:( Darn you Aussies getting all the games :(

eLhabib
17th March 2009, 11:52 PM
Actually, I wish you'd all get it the 'normal' way (which includes paying for it) - it's really a lot of value for the little money it costs, and you would support SL with it and possibly do your part in guaranteeing future DLC... :/

Darkdrium777
18th March 2009, 02:56 AM
Arf, I did mdhay a favor by making up a whole account, and after I read this thread where everyone already thought of the same thing.
Oh well. I'll see if I get the code, and if I do I'll give it to a friend.

rdmx
18th March 2009, 05:51 AM
Austria is different from Australia velocitar :P

zeeZ
18th March 2009, 11:03 AM
I usually use government addresses to sign up :lol

Your registration confirmation follows below. Please keep a copy in a secure place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: George Washington
Address:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington, District of Columbia 20500

Full Name: Anne of_Great_Britain
Address: Buckingham Palace

London, London SW1A 1AA

Lion
18th March 2009, 12:25 PM
Austria is different from Australia velocitar :Pare you sure about that?

eLhabib
18th March 2009, 02:31 PM
OMG! In which ignorant corner of the interwebz did you find that?!

archman
18th March 2009, 02:45 PM
hhahahahah, This is LOL!!!

Btw.: It's Austria.

Croatia is seen in this pic, hehhehe, my country! ;)

guillaume
18th March 2009, 02:50 PM
eL, I don't think whoever drew this map was serious about it... :)

eLhabib
18th March 2009, 03:12 PM
I know, I know ;) But you'd be surprised how many people (ok mostly americans...) think Austria and Australia are the same :lol

designer_79
18th March 2009, 03:20 PM
Hmmmmm or like Switzerland and Sweden .... wtf!!?? Ignorants ... some are :lol

Lion
18th March 2009, 08:02 PM
i guess you wouldn't be terribly surprised to learn that it came from 4chan.
most, if not all, of the users are aware that they are on opposite sides of the world, but the comedy value is indesputable :)

LOUDandPROUD
18th March 2009, 11:28 PM
I know, I know ;) But you'd be surprised how many people (ok mostly americans...) think Austria and Australia are the same :lol

Hey now! I resemble that remark! :P

Kscorps
19th March 2009, 05:06 AM
i guess you wouldn't be terribly surprised to learn that it came from 4chan.

Hahah that's what I guessed. Didn't know anyone on WZ goes there other than me :/

Xavier
19th March 2009, 05:52 PM
Here's another rumor: rather than lower the price, Sony is going to bundle the 80 GB PS3 with Motorstorm and Resistance.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/209314/new-ps3-bundle-to-include-resistance-motorstorm/

(and many other sites; Google for "ps3 motorstorm resistance" and see them all)

There was a Motorstorm bundle in the past, wasn't there? Will this create more Wipeout fans as people discover the fun of racing games with Motorstorm and then want something more futuristic? Or will it create legions of Motorstorm fanboys who go on to play the sequel to that game, and disdain all things Wipeout?

Who knows, but I sure hope they release this bundle in Japan, where I live. I've been on the fence about a PS3 and had been thinking about getting one in April when I'm less busy. This bundle (I've been wanting to play Resistance) plus a free WOHD would be what pulls the trigger!

Darkdrium777
19th March 2009, 07:48 PM
Motorstorm is OK, but get Motorstorm Pacific Rift. It's miles better than the first one.

Darkdrium777
21st March 2009, 04:32 AM
Still no e-mail (Apart from a "Welcome to PSN" one). Anyone got one with the code? (If so and you already have WipEout HD give it to mdhay. :+)

Cerium
21st March 2009, 06:38 AM

They're not...?!

RagnaRock
22nd March 2009, 01:50 AM
Still no e-mail (Apart from a "Welcome to PSN" one). Anyone got one with the code? (If so and you already have WipEout HD give it to mdhay. :+)

the codes will come at 18 of april...until them you have to wait...

mdhay
22nd April 2009, 09:27 PM
I'm guessing that this was BS, then.:(

Darkdrium777
22nd April 2009, 10:12 PM
Unless they actually check address we entered, in which case it's pretty obvious "lolcity" doesn't cut it. :g

Motorsagmannen
22nd April 2009, 10:14 PM
try Roflburg instead, that might wotk :g

crawdad62
23rd April 2009, 01:53 PM

Naw we know that Austria is where Arnold is from and Australia is where AC/DC is from. Apart from that though yeah you're right.

mdhay
23rd April 2009, 03:05 PM
When I come to think of it, it's kind of stupid for Sony to do something like this for just one country. Surely they would do it for all of Europe at the same time, or for nobody.(?)

Wip3ou7
24th April 2009, 08:56 AM
Pay for the game.

The people that make WipEout deserve the money.

I even made my girlfriend buy her own license of WOHD.

Slackasses.

Darkdrium777
24th April 2009, 10:20 AM
mdhay already had WOHD at one point, but I think he lost his PS3 account info because of PS3 hardware failure (right?) that's why we were looking into this so he at least could get some form of WOHD back...
Sure, blame him for forgetting his info, but he's already paid for it... :/ Kinda sucky in a way.
I obviously wasn't doing this for myself, as I've been playing WOHD since launch and been one of the first ever to Transcend so why would I need another copy of WOHD when I know my password and security question answer. ;)

mdhay
24th April 2009, 06:55 PM
Pay for the game.

Wip3ou7, please don't make me link to the reason why I couldn't get it before. As I said previously, it wouldn't be a problem if I had complete control over the account details in the first place, but I didn't. In addition to this, the price has increased, and I had explained to SCEE and have to phone them to sort it out, but my dad won't let me. So I'm boned until the western world's leaders pull their fingers out of their asses (which anyone could tell you isn't likely to happen).:(

RagnaRock
25th April 2009, 02:23 PM
still no email here :\

miufs
25th April 2009, 11:41 PM
still no email here :\

Just BUY the game!!!

18€ for this piece of art is nothing.
Studio Liverpool deserves this money!

I only wished that they release this on retail stores. I just love to have Wipeout games on physical format... :(