PDA

View Full Version : RE5 completed...simply amazing

TheFrostE
14th March 2009, 05:02 AM
well since pick up on midnight march 12 been doing nothing but playing RE5 :p. and me and my online mate john just did one solid online co op of the whole story mode. took all day and night up till about 12:30am but i must say, for anyone who had a lot of unanswered questions throughout the RE series , everything culminates in RE5. the story was phenomenal, online co op was flawless and now i cant wait to try mercenaries mode tommorrow and all of the co-op/versus mode DLCs they have planned for the next few weeks. now just need to clear it on veteran and professional and all set :). if anybody has the game and would like to team up ADD MEEE!!!

Darkdrium777
14th March 2009, 06:03 AM
lol versus mode (How does Deathmatch work in a game where you can't walk and shoot at the same time anyways?). They're getting blasted because of the crap they're pulling off with it. DLC announced before the game is released. They are not the only one but it's sickening that they think they can get away with it. Micro transactions sure, but there's a limit, and personally Capcom's over that limit IMHO, along with EA.
Most likely a great game, but poorly managed by Capcom. I'm a bit sick of the **** they have been doing recently personally, Monster Hunter being the prime reason I don't plan on purchasing any Capcom game in the future (I have no capcom games after MH: Freedom.) They switched development from PS3 to Wii because they are too lazy to code another engine, they've been using the same patched up one for the last five years. They haven't even written a new one for the PC version Monster Hunter Frontier (Japan exclusive as well, what BS)... With games like UT3 and Crysis and Far Cry 2 released, the old PS2 engine even with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic is a poor show on the PC... Shows how much INNOVASHUN they are capable of bringing to the table. Poor excuse for a developer.
While Monster Hunter is an awesome franchise (I am a big fan), it keeps being re-released with new monsters, new maps, new weapons, etc. There hasn't been a fundamental change in gameplay, graphics or features since the beginning in 2004 on the PS2. Refusing to make the move to next generation technology is stupid IMHO. The japan exclusive stuff is worse, the best games are only available there, here we get only the second rate games. People say it's the same thing for RE5 (basically no evolution), and I don't find it hard to believe them myself...

/rant

The game does look good (Really good), but I won't be getting it due to DLC snafu and because I'm not a fan anyways (Never been into horror, dead space, silent hill, etc). I'm also having troubles imagining the controls working well, and them making sense in such a game (It does not make sense that you can't run and gun, if I was attacked by zombies you can be sure I would be doing both at the same time xD:lol)

LOUDandPROUD
14th March 2009, 12:34 PM
Glad to hear such a glowing review, as I'm a huge fan of the series and have been really excited for this game. I'm a bit disappointed by the mixed "professional" reviews I've read so far though and, due to them, I admit I'm skeptical as to whether or not I'll ultimately be happy with this game. I hear they've gone far away from the formula that made this series so great, and that's the whole creepy survival horror aspect of it...supposedly they've turned it into an action game. I'm not thrilled about that. I still plan on giving it a go though. All I know is that I loved RE4 so much that I played through it 3 times back-to-back-to-back. What a game!

TheFrostE
14th March 2009, 03:49 PM
yes they have strayed far from the original formula. but if your a big fan of the series intricate story line and you liked 4 then this game is for sure going to be epic for you, especially playing with someone else online through the whole thing. you can also bring your weapons that you've got while you were playing to any online game you join. and keep everything you get. the game definitely is not for everyone, but the whole "cant run n gun" has been part of the survival horror genre (especially RE) since the humble start, that arguement is seriously beating a dead horse...for years. you want run n gun action games with mutated monsters play resistance for PS or GoW for the box.this game wasnt meant to compete with those in terms of gameplay. its survival horror