PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 1 memory card issues

JABBERJAW
10th March 2009, 06:40 PM
How in the heck do you transfer the data from the hard drive to a memory card? It really does not give an option. Or at least transfer from one xbox hard drive to another would be my second try if anyone knows how to do that.

GreenPhazon
10th March 2009, 07:32 PM
Do you not just select 'move' or 'copy'? I don't have an Xbox but we were doing this on my friend's 360 at the weekend.

JABBERJAW
10th March 2009, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't ask this if that option was actually available, even with the disk out on the system menu. nor in game.

AG-wolf
11th March 2009, 04:03 AM
In the memory manager, select the memory card, you'll see a list of all the games and subsequent files for each game. Highlight and select the game you want, then it should let you select one of the individual save files and you can copy them from there.

Some save files may not let you move them, but I'm not certain.

JABBERJAW
11th March 2009, 05:45 PM
I need to move it from the hard drive to the memory card. There was no option to do this.

komatos
11th March 2009, 08:06 PM
I've only a 360 and not an original XBox, so it may be different. For the couple of save game files that didn't have the "copy" or "move" option on them, what I had to do was load up the game in question (i.e. Ace Combat 6), load the save game from internal HD, put in the memory card (slot 1 or 2), choose save game from within that games' menu, and choose the memory card slot that you plugged in. That way you can backup those frustrating files that don't like to be copy/moved with the regular gamesave browser features.

JABBERJAW
11th March 2009, 09:09 PM
there is no option in Quantum Redshift to save, it just does :(

Darkdrium777
12th March 2009, 02:49 AM
This whole "You can't copy your own save files" is male bovine excrement.
Nothing further (Never owned Xbox, never will).

AG-wolf
12th March 2009, 04:38 AM
Al: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gley9hqkDcE

does that help any?

JABBERJAW
12th March 2009, 11:40 AM
mine did not give the copy option ?!

AG-wolf
12th March 2009, 01:32 PM
you have to highlight the individual circle that contains your save file. It looks like it only lets you copy your profile save, not the fastest lap save or whatever.

How badly do you need to copy it? Because the only way to move locked save files is by modding your xbox and then FTP'ing them off the drive. I could do all that happy horse-s**t for you if you wanted; I've modded enough xboxes at this point lol

JABBERJAW
12th March 2009, 04:25 PM
thanks, I figured it out during my last post, edited it ,but then hit reply instead of save. I saw that you couldn't save anything until I selected to the end of my save files list (the profile), then it worked fine. Thanks alot.

What is the bid up to on that colecovision?

AG-wolf
12th March 2009, 06:37 PM
still 30 bucks, but it has 6 watchers

JABBERJAW
13th March 2009, 12:35 AM
so that is my problem with some auctions. I didn't know the seller could see who the watchers are, then try and jack up the price(not saying you are doing this). I'll be more careful from now on.

AG-wolf
13th March 2009, 03:54 AM
you can't change the price once someone has submitted a bid, though. ..I don't see how someone could "jack up the price" anyway though, it's not like anyone can see how much someone has submitted for their maximum bid or anything like that.

JABBERJAW
13th March 2009, 12:54 PM
they can bid on it themselves if they see alot of people watching the item, although they could screw themselves in the process

AG-wolf
13th March 2009, 02:16 PM
well they cant use their own account to bid on it, they'd have to have a secondary account, and they'd have to be bidding from a different IP address because ebay redflags stuff like that. They've got people on staff looking out for stuff like that all the time, even for patterns of the same person bidding on someone else's auctions consistently over time.

If you're gonna bid on something on ebay, set a maximum price in your head that you're willing to pay. Put that maximum bid in within the last 10 seconds of the auction. If your max bid is higher than the current bidder, you get it. If your max bid is lower, you at least walk away with the satisfaction of knowing you made someone else pay a bit more :P This is usually how I bid on every auction I'm trying to win, it saves the hassle of putting in a bid four days before the auction ends and watching idiots bump the price up dollar by dollar over the next few days because they don't understand how the system works.

JABBERJAW
13th March 2009, 04:04 PM
that is exactly how I bid as well. Nice. I'll have to set it to 8 seconds now :)