PDA

View Full Version : Noby Noby Boy

micky1984
19th February 2009, 07:06 AM
After the pleasant surprise of flower who here is getting ready for some mental weirdness with noby noby boy:lol:lol eurogamer just gave it a 9 woop

kanar
19th February 2009, 07:54 AM
I was a die hard fan of Katamari Damacy 1 & 2, I finished both episodes with passion. Can't wait for this one. Maybe I'll buy the Katamari Damacy psp episode one day too.

G'Kyl
19th February 2009, 09:56 AM
I'd think about it. 1 and 2 were great, but neither on PSP nor 360 did they catch the original fun. While Katamari 2 had many different levels, various challenges, much of its silly story (wonderful!) and so on, the PSP thing basically made you do the same thing over and over again without much in terms of variety. It was OK, like for an hour or two, but hardly enough to satisfy my lack of Katamari-fuel at the time. And as for Noby Noby Boy, I really don't know what to make of it... yet. I'm certain it's gonna be fun, sort of. But in the long run...?

Ben

micky1984
19th February 2009, 01:11 PM
yeah me neither i cant figure whats going on in the videos iv seen lol, but im gonna take a leap of faith seeing as its cheap and has had some good reviews

stinkleroy
19th February 2009, 02:08 PM
I saw a gameplay video for this last night - I think it caused some kind of mental breakdown

:dizzy

element42
19th February 2009, 03:41 PM
I've been checking the store for this every hour today...

micky1984
19th February 2009, 04:29 PM
just checked now and still nothing its 17:30 UK time :(

element42
19th February 2009, 06:18 PM
Well I've got it now... and it's bizarre, far stranger to actually 'play' than to watch :dizzy
I think that the point of the game is to learn how to use the camera controls...

micky1984
19th February 2009, 08:15 PM
lol thats what i was thinking the camera is a mutha bitch from hell :lol im strangely addicted tho i wanna see wen girl reaches the moon, plus i played for about 2 hours and i dont no why, i think my mind has truly been nobbed :frown:

KIGO1987
20th February 2009, 12:03 PM
WTF is this game? Is it made by Namco Bandi or something? I see a pacman logo on the jpg. I really dont understand how these kinda of genre games work.

djKyoto
20th February 2009, 02:09 PM
This game is weeeeird.

Yet I just played it for 3 hours. :\

G'Kyl
20th February 2009, 02:53 PM
How did you manage not to fall asleep? I tried. I loved Katamari. I think this one is tech-demo kind of nonsense. Controls are weird at best, there is no real goal, no challenge, and worst of all: little fun in making THIS particular thing bigger. Pitty, really.

Ben

element42
20th February 2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I've played with it for a couple of hours and my interest is definitely waning. But I've sorted out the camera!

zeeZ
20th February 2009, 06:42 PM
I have absolutely no idea what this is about... and ended up as a massive knot...
This is me in the process of getting entagled
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4693/nobynobyboypngdb1.th.png (http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nobynobyboypngdb1.png)

TheFrostE
20th February 2009, 08:07 PM
no offense but katamari blew this out of the water , good job on that series. but even for the low price of this they should be ashamed... :/

but its ok...one more week for bomberman ultra!

kanar
21st February 2009, 12:01 PM
ign rated it 9 out of 10. LOL, I still can't understand the meaning of this game...

micky1984
21st February 2009, 07:39 PM
yeah i dont quite get the high reviews either i mean a 9 seems extremely high. i hav to say i hav enjoyed it tho but i think the randomly generated levels are not that different from each other to keep me returning to this game, having said that i still wanna no what happens wen girl meets the moon.

Cerbis
21st February 2009, 08:51 PM
This game is absolutely insane :g I remember when I was a child, about say, six or seven years old. I'd drag my mother through toy stores and nag her to get toys that cost so much more than Noby Noby Boy did, and they weren't even close to as fun as this was!
And that's what I think this game is. It's nothing but a toy, a cheap diversion to just play around in. It's not a game per se, but just... a do-nothing thing to spend time in. And what a marvellous do-nothing it is! Bright colors, fun design, excellent physics. I spent maybe half an hour just tying BOY around the donut clouds, and making them sink to the ground!
Last time I had such strange make-believe fun was when I was a little kid, for sure.

I think that for the price (35 SEK for me!), a nine out of ten rating is well deserved. I sure love this nutty little toy :)