PDA

View Full Version : Rumored PS3 2.7 update

blackwiggle
19th February 2009, 05:41 AM
http://ps3trophiesguides.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/rumor-firmware-27-details-leaked/

A few new features that are rumoured to be included in the next update include:

Friends List:
- Voice Messaging is now available as an alternative to text after selecting a user on the friends list. Voice message recordings are capped at 30 seconds.
- Home Integration: Saved Playstation Home avatar photos can be selected as photo ID for Gamer

Card/Friends List.
- Trophy number and Gamer Level are listed under Friend names for quick reference.

Gamer Card & Trophies:
- Gamer Card layout has been changed to more closely resemble the Playstation Store aesthetic.
- Past Trophy information can be viewed in detail by selecting “Recent Trophy History” option.
- Newly aquired trophies auto-sync in the background
- Server infrastructure for Trophies has been optimized. Resulting in faster retrieval time for Gamer Card and Trophy information.

In-Game XMB:
- Loading time for In-Game XMB has been drastically reduced, resulting in a more seemless in-game experience.
- “Theme settings” options while in-game is now available, allowing custom themes to be applied to the In-Game XMB.
- Internet Browser can now be accessed while in-game.
- Voice messaging and voice chat options can be used while in-game.
- Options that cannot be used in the XMB during game sessions are grayed out (but still selectable) to eliminate user accessibility confusion.

Misc:
- Other slight UI tweaks and enhancements.

Darkdrium777
19th February 2009, 06:29 AM
A friend who works in R&D...

Where have I heard that before? (A: All the firmware rumors before)

I'm not expecting this one bit. If it happens, good, very good. But I'm not expecting it. It comes from a forum after all, and from a friend of a dude on that forum. ;)

blackwiggle
19th February 2009, 09:28 AM
I'm not holding my breath either.

We can only live in hope.

It's a SONY,that's all we have......HOPE.

Senture
19th February 2009, 01:04 PM
So long as they fix the ability to look at trophies whilst in a chat room, I'll be happy (why is it so damn complicated?!)

rushin
19th February 2009, 03:18 PM
changing sound settings from tv to amp is impossible ingame. why for the love of god!?!

i realise sony dont make operating systems for a living but with 7 cores you'd think we could have a tiny bit of multitasking ;-)

AG-wolf
19th February 2009, 04:04 PM
would be nice if the music wasn't automatically categorized by only artist or album. I'd rather just copy a single folder with an assortment of files from different artists AND albums and have the machine recognize it was one single "playlist" or batch or whatever.