PDA

View Full Version : Second Chances ???

KIGO1987
18th February 2009, 06:06 AM
This is touching a sensitive topic. But will Flashback Jack be given a second chance in Wipeoutzone again?

Its been a while since his last post here, but for all you newbies this guy is a real, really hardcore Wipeout Enthusiast with a huge history of passion for this game and its entire franchise. His opinion would always be valid and most appreciated here for all to listen too.

Would he want to post here again, given if he was allowed to?

djKyoto
18th February 2009, 06:14 AM
I say yes, but only because I wasn't around here the first time. :pc

Mad-Ice
18th February 2009, 07:38 AM
I think his account is still active! I don't think he is banned for ever, or is he? Anyway, his opinions weren't always appreciated by everyone, but that is life too. We do not always have to agree on everything in life, that would be dull. So for me, Flashback_Jack is welcome. I think, respect and honesty is the way to stay friends even if you don't agree always.

infoxicated
18th February 2009, 08:11 AM
But will Flashback Jack be given a second chance in Wipeoutzone again?
No.

He was arrogant, blinkered, and disrespectful to other members. Essentially the kind of person that makes internet forums a horrible place to be.

Every time I'm reminded of his sweeping, moronic statements I want to ban him all over again.

micky1984
18th February 2009, 08:12 AM
I some how missed this slightly unfortunate episode (i think i was away on holiday at the time) so have no idea why he was banned. i only witnessed the slight ripples it caused in various topics. I dont no if its appropriate to bring up his offence again just for me but i was interested to no what happened. either way i think forgiveness is almost always the right thing to do

infoxicated
18th February 2009, 08:18 AM
It was an accumulation of bad behaviour, rather than one single incident.

KIGO1987
18th February 2009, 08:38 AM
I say yes, but only because I wasn't around here the first time. :pc

If you want to contact him. He has a Youtube account, as well he is a member on Wipeout's sister site Arena. Which, i think i scared him off, along with several other french, when i sometimes say hello in there chatbox. His YT channel is the best shot since he post some of his TT and SLs up there, and he loves to reply to people comments there.

No.

He was arrogant, blinkered, and disrespectful to other members. Essentially the kind of person that makes internet forums a horrible place to be.

Every time I'm reminded of his sweeping, moronic statements I want to ban him all over again.

Fair enough. He was a bit big headed in some of his comments. But i think that was just him (no direct offence). He had no intention to change the way he would present himself when typing new posts.

I some how missed this slightly unfortunate episode (i think i was away on holiday at the time) so have no idea why he was banned. i only witnessed the slight ripples it caused in various topics. I dont no if its appropriate to bring up his offence again just for me but i was interested to no what happened. either way i think forgiveness is almost always the right thing to do

I didnt realise it til later on also:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4609&highlight=flashback&page=12

LOUDandPROUD
18th February 2009, 01:12 PM
Hmmm...so, I read through the thread that lead to Flashback Jack being banned. Though he is certainly strong in his opinions and pulls no punches in sharing them, I didn't find anything to be particularly offensive, personally. I mean, I actually share many of his sentiments regarding BRs, as you can see within my posts in the "Barrel Rolls - The Ultimate Poll" thread...I even spoke on the issue that ultimately got him banned, though I only posed it as a question to ponder, a possibility, and did not continually insist upon it, as he did. All I can say, not that my opinion matters in the least, is that I really respect his passion for this game and think he deserves a second chance. :+

infoxicated
18th February 2009, 01:46 PM
He doesn't.

This isn't the easiest place to get banned from. Even considering the rules are at the top of every forum and people break them all the time, it's rare that we outright ban someone.

Like I said before, it was an accumulation of things he posted which I deemed to be at odds with how I think the members of this community should treat each other and be treated in kind.

When he had the audacity to claim that people who didn't like barrel rolls merely had that opinion because they couldn't do them, coupled with the sheer sickening arrogance of each and every one of his posts during that period, I decided to pull the plug on his posting rights here.

As has been said by Kigo' - he had no intention of changing the way he treated others (i.e. beneath his brilliance on all counts). Therefor I have no intention of changing my mind on the decision to ban him. He's gone. History.

It's lovely of you all to show such concern for someone who showed complete and utter disregard for other members here - how about you show the same concern for the spirit of the community here, too?

After all, I don't believe this place would still be around after eight years if we allowed people like him to treat the place like their personal gloating ground.

micky1984
18th February 2009, 02:17 PM
I guess it a problem this website must face, I personally love the mature respectful tone this forum has. Considering the state of other websites like eurogamer, which i might add is very funny to read but often leaves me disturbed at the amount of immaturity within gaming. I think Its important that the level of maturity and respect for other members within this site is protected. I would hate to see this forum degrade to the level of mindless fanboy jibba jabba and over inflated egos, so i can understand the reasons for the banning.

Anyway does anyone think flashback jack would actually want to come back

Darkdrium777
18th February 2009, 03:34 PM
He doesn't want to come back either. I'd say why but it would be insulting Rob.

KIGO, you're a member at the Arena, read the thread here (http://wipeoutarena.forumsactifs.net/le-bar-des-pilotes-f1/we-support-you-flashback_jack-t614.htm) and you'll figure out why on his first post.

yeldar2097
18th February 2009, 03:42 PM
yeah i was going to mention that but i wasn't sure it was my place, mainly because i wasn't involved at all.
but yeah, he's really not too bothered about coming back

infoxicated
18th February 2009, 04:35 PM
Good stuff. :+

Pointless thread closed.