PDA

View Full Version : So... who here is a fan of The Prodigy?

YouAreFubar
14th February 2009, 09:06 PM
My favourite rave renegades are releasing their fifth album 'Invaders Must Die' in the next week or so (23rd of Feb I do believe) and are also playing at an arena in Cardiff which I got a ticket to, I cant wait! Ive heard a few tracks from the new album and they appear to have gone back to their rave roots a bit more compared to their last album. Is anyone else a fan and are you as excited as much as me? Or have you heard the new album and maybe arent liking their current musical direction?

mdhay
14th February 2009, 10:51 PM
Ooh yeah. Might try and get this album, since it comes out two days after my birthday.

Mateo
14th February 2009, 11:10 PM
oh i love the prodigy!

and there are still tickets available for 8th march in vienna:rock (it's just a pity that the gig will be in the gasometer with its miserable acoustics:frown:)

i hope i'll be able to motivate some friends too, everybody in my circle of friends just hates electronic music, i'm still shocked that i was able to persuade them to spend their holiday with me on ibiza last summer.:lol
also a problem is that they planned to watch eagles of deathmetal on that weekend in vienna and i ruined everything by forgetting to buy the tickets (now it's sold out) and they maybe could want to take revenge.:g

BulletWraith
14th February 2009, 11:13 PM
saw them in January, they were great
really enjoying their new stuff:rock

-zer:donutshen

omega329
15th February 2009, 03:40 PM
Loving them, I missed most of their old stuff due to the fact I was three when firestarter came out :P

YouAreFubar
15th February 2009, 05:27 PM
:lol

What does everyone think of the new material (to those that have heard it anyway)? Every album seems to be different and from what ive heard this is no exception. I think its still got that rave sound but with very up to date production. As with the older albums (in my opinion), I think theyve released the weaker tracks as singles and from what ive heard of the other tracks they will be a lot stronger.

slimjim
15th February 2009, 05:48 PM
Its always good to hear that they are gonna release new songs might have to go buy it as soon as it comes out

eLhabib
15th February 2009, 10:42 PM
YAY! Gonna see them sometime in spring when they come to Vienna on their promo tour - can't wait for the new album!

KGB
15th February 2009, 11:02 PM
Heard their new song the other day. Are they actually sampling themselves?

I come from a time when The Prodigy were huge. But they threw it all away for some reason. Not sure if it was big ego's getting in the way or what but they have never recovered their popularity...not in the charts anyway.

The first time i heard "Charly" was just brilliant. Most people on this forum will not remember that one. Unfortunately i also remember the 1970's safety advert it came from :frown:

Voodoo People is the dog's bollocks.:lol

stinkleroy
15th February 2009, 11:41 PM
I remember back in my youth the prodigy were massive. Ive always been a fan and have seen them live 3 times, they were amazing at the phoenix festival in 1997. I havent heard any of the new stuff as yet but will deffo give it a listen. I agree with KGB though that they have gone downhill, it seemed to coincide with keith leaving....

Actually now I think of it, the phoenix was 1996!

Zoth-Ommog
16th February 2009, 09:43 AM
I haven't bothered to buy their albums after the Fat of the land, they just didn't reach my consciousness anymore, but now when i heard their new track called Omen, it had the same kind of atmosphere like back in 1994 album Music For The Jilted Generation, which is my favorite. So i was positively surprised for that, now i need to hear the rest of the new album to make my statement.

slimjim
16th February 2009, 11:45 AM
Heard their new song the other day. Are they actually sampling themselves?

I come from a time when The Prodigy were huge. But they threw it all away for some reason. Not sure if it was big ego's getting in the way or what but they have never recovered their popularity...not in the charts anyway.

The first time i heard "Charly" was just brilliant. Most people on this forum will not remember that one. Unfortunately i also remember the 1970's safety advert it came from :frown:

Voodoo People is the dog's bollocks.:lol

when i was younger and i listened to the albums my brother had that Charly song freaked me out

KIGO1987
16th February 2009, 03:21 PM
Yes

prodigy - voodoo people (pendulum remix)

KGB
16th February 2009, 04:44 PM
Where can i get hold of that one KIGO, haven't heard much about Pendulum, though i have seen one of them plays an awful synth/guitar thing (not cool IMHO) :P

Feisar Ltd.
16th February 2009, 05:39 PM
My favourite rave renegades are releasing their fifth album 'Invaders Must Die' in the next week or so (23rd of Feb I do believe) and are also playing at an arena in Cardiff which I got a ticket to, I cant wait! Ive heard a few tracks from the new album and they appear to have gone back to their rave roots a bit more compared to their last album. Is anyone else a fan and are you as excited as much as me? Or have you heard the new album and maybe arent liking their current musical direction?

I may just have managed to buy it early from a mate at HMV :banzai .... It's really awesome, you will NOT be dissapointed. It is very different though, my breakdown goes like this.

New Prodigy = 1/2 Old Prodigy + 1/4 Bloc Party + 1/4 Pendulum

Very good overall, going to see them at Download this year. Invaders must die is a perfect soundtrack for WOHD. (that and W3O's soundtrack...)

ATM, Stand Up, Omen and Thunder are my fave tracks.

andybob35
16th February 2009, 05:54 PM
@KiGo/KGB - ill second your voodoo people remix by Pendulum... Phat and loud (u need a hefty sub to hear it all/feel) Been youtubing the 'invaders's must die' and 'omen' both as good as last album but nothing like there hey-day. (charly, skylined or No good)

Still a little raver at heart so omen is up there! recommend chase and status remix of invader's must die BASSSS-SSSY!! its on the promo Omen CDS.

As soon as the album is out im getting it, then adding it to my M.O.S and Pendulum custom sountracks =D RAve RavE!:lol

KGB
16th February 2009, 06:25 PM
S**T!! Just heard Pendulum's remix, it nearly blew my tiny computer speakers to bits, might get an album by them to see if they are any good.

Gonna get The Prodigy one now as well, seen as all this talk has rekindled the flame of years gone by.

YouAreFubar
16th February 2009, 07:57 PM
The Pendulum remix of Voodoo People is amazing, one for big phat bassy speakers!

They have taken a step back since Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned, which I think was a good thing as I wasnt particularly a fan of that album. Fat of the Land and Jilted Generation are by far the best albums they produced and it sounds like they are heading back in that direction with Invaders Must Die. Only a week to go!

KIGO1987
16th February 2009, 10:05 PM
Where can i get hold of that one KIGO, haven't heard much about Pendulum, though i have seen one of them plays an awful synth/guitar thing (not cool IMHO) :P

Pendulum have released a couple of albums, a few years back they released 'Hold Your Colour' which has heaps of killer songs on there. Which can be actually found in the both Motorstorm games. More recently they have released another album called 'In Silico', which has some more of there more recent tunes like 'Propane Nightmare' and 'Granite'.

Now where to find the actual full length version on voodoo people (pendulum remix) by The Prodigy, im still not sure actually because im still yet to find it myself. But what i have is on Ministry of Sound: Maximum Bass 3, there is a short unsatisfactory length version of voodoo people, which on goes for 2:34 seconds, but its teamed with 'Slam' by pendulum straight after in the transistion period. But the proper length one is about 8minutes long which is sooo much better.

Also these guys are Perth boys too:P They live somewhere in the UK now i think. Since you cant really do much in this small city.

Who actually has the full length version of Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix) out there???? Please post if you do.
.... im in the mood to listen to some of there music now:g:g:g:g

cybrpnk
17th February 2009, 02:16 AM
been a fan since back in the day...Fat of the Land being one of my most favourite albums of all time...

Invader Must Die (is that the new title???) is a must have...heard Omen on the radio the other day...no prior announcement was made as to who it was...was head banging away in my car on the way to work...was thinking to myself...this sounds a lot like something Liam Howlett would right...had all the composition 'ingredients' he would use in a song...and sure enough...it was the new Prodigy...

they're back in form...

yeldar2097
17th February 2009, 02:39 AM
is that 1/4 old bloc party, old old bloc party or current bloc party?

i saw pendulum doing that remix at reading music festival last summer
i'm surprised i lived to tell the tale...
yes please prodigy. i might fire up 2097 for the intrumental of firestarter :)

Feisar Ltd.
17th February 2009, 04:25 PM
hmmm, a mix of old and new I say... mostly old though.

It really shows in some songs that they've gone back to basics though, for instance, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzacVWSyd7I) song "take me to the hospital" has all the dissonant chords and strange rave of the old Prodigy

KGB
17th February 2009, 04:48 PM
Who actually has the full length version of Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix) out there???? Please post if you do.

The version that i have got is 3:43 long but seems to end abruptly. I will have a look for a longer version.

EDIT: Pendulum remix of Voodoo Peolple is on this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Their-Law-Singles-1990-2005-Prodigy/dp/B000A0ULY0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1234893655&sr=8-1 not as long as you say KIGO, so there may be another version somewhere.

YouAreFubar
17th February 2009, 07:01 PM
I havent heard 'Take Me To The Hospital', thanks for posting that Feisar! Its wicked! Taking a step back back in time to the way the used to be but with the production standards of modern music. I cant wait for the album to be released!

KIGO1987
17th February 2009, 09:06 PM
The version that i have got is 3:43 long but seems to end abruptly. I will have a look for a longer version.

EDIT: Pendulum remix of Voodoo Peolple is on this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Their-Law-Singles-1990-2005-Prodigy/dp/B000A0ULY0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1234893655&sr=8-1 not as long as you say KIGO, so there may be another version somewhere.

I made a mistake there. I thought the length was longer but it isn't. 4:50 is its full length, still too short for a song like that. Good songs, i mean really great songs need to last for about 8minutes, i cant stand these 3minute radio edit ****. I must have the club mix. Here is some good full length songs:

Top tunes as well:

Sasha - Xpander (Full Length) just over 10minutes.

BT - Remember (Sasha Mix) 12:13

Sasha - Wavy Gravy (Burufunk Mix) 8:07 [this **** is tops rank for bass]

Steve Angello - Voices (Eric Prydz Remix) (Club Mix) 7:28

Paolo Mojo - 1983 (Eric Prydz Remix) (Club Mix) 9:59

Mu5
21st February 2009, 06:29 PM
Im loving this new Prodigy album it rocks :)

Recently discovered the joys of Firestarter (Instrumental Version) - Turns me into a maniac whilst playing online HD :D

YouAreFubar
22nd February 2009, 10:43 AM
One of my friends ordered the limited edition box set from Play.com and it arrived yesterday. He didnt have a chance to listen to it because hes been in work but hes going to let me know later what its like. Im jealous! Only one more sleep to go though.....

xtriko
22nd February 2009, 04:06 PM
How could I miss this???? I am an HUGE fan! I've seen them 6 times. I went to england on porpuse to see them for a special gig last december 13th on brixton. Everytime i go to a Prodigy show, I get a special hair cut... the head all shaved and the hair forms the Prodigy ant. I'll show to anyone who want's to see it lol

http://xtriko.hi5.com

Invaders Must Die!!! I'll receive my limited fan box tomorrow!!! HELL YEAH!!!

YouAreFubar
23rd February 2009, 01:30 PM
Now thats dedication! Im off to buy their new album now, but in the mean time I found the Noisia remix of Omen on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INhzlIz4QXA&feature=related

Its pure filth and in my opinion, better than the original! Ive been listening to it all afternoon, you have to check this out!

omega329
1st March 2009, 01:34 PM
I bought Invaders Must Die yesterday, and I'm liking it, however I feel that the song "piranha" is a bit more than a coincidence, seeing as an instrumental version of firestarter was in one of the earlier wipeouts...

Chill
2nd March 2009, 11:08 PM
Prodigy seems to have a very "Fifth Element" type feel to it... as of the views of the future of people from the 80's...

CaptainWipeout
3rd March 2009, 12:54 AM
Lifelong fan of them and I have every single album.

I started off in Madchester and used to go to the Hacienda every Friday night in 1989 and then I got into the Prodigy. Nobody has ever come close to them since.
I've liked the way they continuously change their style but on the new album I only like The Invaders Must Die and Warriors dance..............but those are utterly mind blowing tracks.

xtriko
3rd March 2009, 05:24 PM
Don't you like "Thunder"? "The Big Gun Down" from the lost beats? I think that this album is awesome! Thank GOD it's not like AONO :) it had only a few good songs (IMO) Spitfire (my dear wife ahaha), Memphis Bells, Wake Up Call and Girls. The proof is that they didn't even played the others live.

"I hear thunder, but there's no rain, this kind of thunder break walls and window pane" THUNDER!!! ;)

Rachel Johnson
3rd March 2009, 07:16 PM
I used to love them back in the day.

My particular favorite albums were Jilted Generation, Fat of the Land and Experience. (In that order.)

I WAS going to go see them later in april when they are in Nottingham, but I'm unsure if I have the funds at the moment. Is anyone else planning to see them?

xtriko
3rd March 2009, 07:23 PM
I'm always planning to see them. I can't wait for my 7th Prodigy Gig :D
But those days in London were kind of hard for my wallet lol.

CaptainWipeout
3rd March 2009, 08:03 PM
Don't you like "Thunder"? "The Big Gun Down" from the lost beats? I think that this album is awesome! Thank GOD it's not like AONO :) it had only a few good songs (IMO) Spitfire (my dear wife ahaha), Memphis Bells, Wake Up Call and Girls. The proof is that they didn't even played the others live.

"I hear thunder, but there's no rain, this kind of thunder break walls and window pane" THUNDER!!! ;)

I think it's a psychological thing because when you compare the other tracks on the album with the utterly mind blowingly awesome tracks of Invaders must die and Warriors Dance - the rest is a bit of a let down. I mean, how can you get all of the tracks to live up to each other? I don't think any albums done that. I think that if Warriors Dance and Invaders weren't on the album I'd like the rest more - It's a bit like being spoilt really.

Rachel Johnson
3rd March 2009, 09:06 PM
7th gig? Wow. I haven't even seen them live once yet. You put me to shame. ;)

I hear they are scheduled to play at Download this year, is that true? If so, I'm tempted to go to that instead. More bands = Better value.

eLhabib
3rd March 2009, 09:22 PM
I've seen them live 3 times - 2 times it was absolutely awesome, and one time it simply sucked, no idea why...

Bought the album today, pure bliss. Love Omen. And Stand Up for some unknown reason...

xtriko
3rd March 2009, 09:33 PM
I really like Warriors Dance. But IMD is the track that I like less.
But CaptainWipeout, good news for you :D Liam said that Warriors Dance is going to be the next single ;) Can't wait to see the video!

@Rachel Johnson, yes, they are going to the Download Fest.

CaptainWipeout
3rd March 2009, 10:38 PM
Oh - I forgot to add that my son is called Liam after Mr. Howlett.

Cerium
3rd March 2009, 11:39 PM
Now where to find the actual full length version on voodoo people (pendulum remix) by The Prodigy, im still not sure actually because im still yet to find it myself.

There's actually two versions of the remix. They're mostly the same, but I've heard one that uses more of the vocal drops than the other -- both are around 4-5 minutes long, though.

Ex:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXKWBcaV3A&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkqYYFFgY3E&fmt=18

I kinda like the first one better, but I've yet to actively search it out.

Harvai
4th March 2009, 08:41 AM
Bought a copy of Invaders Must Die today, and I've just put in the PC now.

I like what I'm hearing!

YouAreFubar
5th March 2009, 07:19 PM
I WAS going to go see them later in april when they are in Nottingham, but I'm unsure if I have the funds at the moment. Is anyone else planning to see them?

DO IT! Im going to see them on April 5th when they play the CIA in Cardiff, Ive only seen them one other time and it was at the CIA again a few years ago when they were doing the Their Law tour.... they were immense!

Going back to the album though, after listening to it many, many times, I think overall I am still preferring Fat of the Land. I love that album so much, I dont think anything will beat it!

eLhabib
6th March 2009, 12:02 AM
Gonna see them this Sunday, WOOOOOOO! :hyper

DawnFireDragoon
6th March 2009, 12:38 AM
i don't follow them now (they still making new stuff???), but i still listen to the fat of the land and the best of collection too. their cover of fuel my fire by L7 is awesome. i love the original too! very different styles of music, but i love it all!

if they're playing in notts i'm looking into that!

Velocitar64
6th March 2009, 01:11 AM
Me being into my metal music, but i like some of The Prodigy.

Rapier Racer
10th March 2009, 11:02 PM
I ear thunder, but theres no rain, this type of thunder, break walls and window pain :p:guitar

eLhabib
10th March 2009, 11:28 PM
Just noticed that my 'good bye' is still here - actually it was a reply to a certain unfortunate individuals hackspamming of the site (which has been deleted, thank god), and should therefor be deleted as well I guess...
It was a good bye afterall, I suppose ;) That kid wasn't that big of a hacker then, hm? :D

Anyway, yeah, Prodigy - what amazes me most is how they are even more awesome live. It's one of the few bands where I can totally lose myself in the moshpit, dripping with sweat after the first song, rippping it up again with the second song, thinking I'll take a short break when the third song plays, but then they kick on firestarter and I lose it again :hyper

I'm glad Prodigy aren't coming to Vienna that often - doing this more often could definitely kill me ;)

xtriko
16th March 2009, 07:22 PM
I'm glad Prodigy aren't coming to Vienna that often - doing this more often could definitely kill me ;)

LOL I know what you are talking about!!! Really! Now, Imagine my dear wife (Spitfire2097) (guess why she has that nick lol) on the very first row, with our camera, recording almost full concert! XD
ps, we got the last one on 720p 1st row ;) eheheh and Maxim pointed at me because of the Ant on my hair lol

Mateo
16th March 2009, 08:07 PM
The new album is now about a month old and it's getting better and better with every time I hear it!
Thanks god that I was lying in bed with a fever of 39, when they were in Vienna. My conscience would be killing me, if I had missed it without a good reason (I had no tickets either way)...:g
It's cool that they're playing at so many festivals, so I will see them at least in this summer again, though I missed the tour concert...

Lourio
19th March 2009, 03:15 PM
My friend really got me into The Prodigy about a year and a half ago. God damn they are AMAZING. They have a whole bunch of remixes that are siiiick.

Inavders Must Die, loving this album everyday I listen to it. My fav song has gotta be Run With The Wolves. Have you guys heard the Chase and Status Remix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0lKlkUQbJQ) of Invaders Must Die - it's ridiculous!

Hehe, got Invaders Must Die as my playlist as of late.

We are The Prodigy! :p

YouAreFubar
20th March 2009, 06:08 PM
16 sleeps till I get to watch them live! Counting down the days! Ive been spreading the word of the Noisia remix of Omen to some people I work with, they arent even into dance music but its just so filthy they love it!

solidsnake
23rd March 2009, 07:51 PM
Ive been a fan of the prodigy for years. BEST BAND EVAR! and there new album is definitely a return to form considering there last album was trash. but yer its close to fat of the land invaders must die....but not quite.

YouAreFubar
5th April 2009, 12:13 PM
Finally! Ive been waiting months for this and now the moment has arrived. Im off to see them at the CIA in Cardiff tonight and I cannot wait! Unfortunately they are being supported by Dizzee Rascal so I may have to turn up a little late. Im hoping they play some of their older stuff and dont just stick to their Invaders Must Die tracks...

Lion
5th April 2009, 08:43 PM
personally I think Invaders Must Die is their best work in quite a while :) a lot of the sound of it harks back to music for the jilted generation

yeldar2097
5th April 2009, 08:53 PM
dizzee rascal is quality live. i don't even like his music but i saw him at reading last year for a joke and actually quite enjoyed it.
NOT just because he got down to his boxers on stage ;)

YouAreFubar
6th April 2009, 03:44 PM
:lol To be fair Dizzy Rascal didnt sound too bad on a big sound rig, I dont like his music generally but when its that loud its bearable. The Prodigy on the other hand were absolutely amazing! They only played a few tracks off their new album, so we ended up with a lot of the classics which was awesome. They even played Diesel Power (minus rapping) as their last tune which id never heard them play live before, and I love that track! The sound system was also mentally loud, we were about the middle of the arena and you could still feel the bass vibrating strongly through your chest with every finely-tuned kickdrum.

It probably going to be another few years before they are back this way, and I cant wait....

yeldar2097
6th April 2009, 03:51 PM
you're a bastard and i hate you :P

i've seen em before but i really want to see them again...:(

diesel power is kickass!

i still hate you though :lol

YouAreFubar
6th April 2009, 04:37 PM
I hate you too! :lol

eLhabib
11th April 2009, 12:22 PM
sooooo, anyone going to the Prodigy gig at Wembley Stadium next thursday? 'Cause you just might meet me there... :D

ACE-FLO
11th April 2009, 02:05 PM
I think it would be easier to ask "who isn't a fan of the Prodigy?" you'd have fewer posts to read lol... Everybody loves the Prodigy that I know... ;)

mdhay
11th April 2009, 05:06 PM
But that takes the fun out of it...:D

BulletWraith
19th April 2009, 04:34 PM
Got Invaders Must Die a couple weeks ago, was a bit broke so got it new off the net, when I went to pick it up from the guys house we ended up talking about the Prodigy/DAP's/Headphones'n sht until 11 at night gotta do more $ pickups lol

anyway Invaders Must Die is the best Album I've bought the last couple years(Tool hasn't released anything :P ) for the first 2-3 days I listened to it constantly, Enjoying every track on it, its so full of energy it's kinda hard some times to just sit in my chair and type/browse gotta get up and do something with the energy it exudes

I love the Firestarter instrumental in 2097, I don't think I'd ever hear the other tracks from that game unless they were loaded into my all my MP3 players, when I play 2097/XL it's always set to loop Firestarter, just wish I could find a Smack my bitch up instrumental to float to. any help?
hmm
yup
thats about it, hope I see them again soon

zer:rockshen

mdhay
19th April 2009, 05:32 PM
You could edit it.

Lourio
22nd April 2009, 06:24 PM
Have you guys listened to the Lost Beats EP that came with the Deluxe version?

The Big Gundown
Black Smoke
Wild West
Fighter Beat

These songs are siiiiiiiick intense :dizzy

mdhay
6th May 2009, 05:21 PM
Loving them, I missed most of their old stuff due to the fact I was three when firestarter came out :P

You missed that? God, I was three when I pulled my first perfect lap.:D

Honest.:g

Just got the album. Love the Piranha song.:rock

stin
6th May 2009, 05:48 PM
Bought it yesterday!!!!;)

stevie:)

sirsilver
9th May 2009, 07:00 PM

I saw the Prodigy for the first time April 10th 2009 at Manchester M.E.N and i was blown away, it was electric from start to finish, Prodigy till i die :hyper.
I always listen to the Prodigy whilst playing Wipeout HD:beer

rivvit
17th May 2009, 08:36 PM
sounds more like the prodigy experiance ive long missed,nice to hear them sampling more of the the oldskool:dizzy

Mateo
10th June 2009, 10:26 PM
sick remix:rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Wbg0nPWfI&feature=PlayList&p=650D508B875F93B9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=49

DJ Techno
11th June 2009, 06:25 AM
I think it would be easier to ask "who isn't a fan of the Prodigy?" you'd have fewer posts to read lol... Everybody loves the Prodigy that I know... ;)

huh!

but....

loved prodigy since 96. along with 808 state, fluke, bjork, and FSOL

thank you mtv Amp.

KIGO1987
11th June 2009, 06:57 AM
Omen by Prodigy in there "Invaders Must Die" Album is ****ing awesome, a must have add on for you custom music playlist for Wipeout HD:rock

xtriko
11th June 2009, 08:44 AM
you guys should listen to the South Central remix of Warriors Dance. at the 1:30 the serious stuff kicks in ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSy9lXzTPTU

Hemicrania
11th June 2009, 09:24 AM
Nope, not a fan. Rather listen to Noisia/BC/Pendulum. Hustle Athletics..now thats music for wipeout!(they are actually Noisia too... hehe) :rock

blackwiggle
4th August 2009, 04:04 AM
Prodigy exclusive on PS3 vidZone August 5th .

http://au.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item227803/VidZone-Exclusive-The-Prodigy/

eLhabib
4th August 2009, 05:44 PM
NICE!
For once an artist actually releases a single of my favorite track on an album! Yeah!

YouAreFubar
4th August 2009, 10:46 PM
I havent installed Vid Zone because im not one for commercial music, but to be fair it may be worth installing it to see this!:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

TaroBarkhan
8th August 2009, 06:21 PM
I like them a lot too. Got all of their 5 albums (excluding the "Their Law" one, which is more a compilation). I started to be a fan with the "Jilted Generation" one, so it's almost 15 years now. A few years ago I also got myself the "Experience" album.

I guess, if anyone would count to what music I listened the most, The Prodigy would be #1 for sure.

Then I also like the Chemical Brothers.

INFINITY_1
8th August 2009, 07:10 PM
:rock:rock:rock I LOVE THE PRODIGY :rock:rock:rock

I hear their music since "out of space"( lol, i think 1991 ). I just love their music style and thus i came to Drum`n`Bass.
The new album is really awesome. my favorite are "Worriers Dance"and
"The Omen".

Marco

eLhabib
9th August 2009, 01:24 PM
TaroBarkhan: do you also have Dirtchamber 1? It's a DJ set by Liam Howlett, a must for the aspiring Prodigy fan ;)

YouAreFubar
9th August 2009, 09:09 PM
My friend had a copy of that on tape years ago. Its a Hip Hop mixtape isnt it?

eLhabib
10th August 2009, 12:40 PM
There's some hiphop in there as well, yes, but also bits of rock and lots of industrial.

TaroBarkhan
10th August 2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I think I got it once, but I can't find it anymore. :frown:

My flat is a mess ... Shame on me.

xtriko
11th August 2009, 08:08 AM
I have all the Albuns 2x in original CD's. Singles of Firestarter 3 because of the Cover :$ also have all albuns and Girls Single in vinyl (only missing AONO). Also have the remasters of Experience and Music for the Jilted Generation. As well "Selected Mixes from the Jilted Generation and Music for the Jilted Generation (Both Japanese). All Singles except What Evil Lurks and Spitfire. btw! 2x Dirtchambers ;) Plus 11 pins, 2 bracletes, a flag, t-shirts, swetshirt and my special haircut for lives only. This year I saw them live for the 7th time :) and guess what! they Rock!!!

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=20&pictureid=1188

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=20&pictureid=1187

TaroBarkhan
11th August 2009, 12:55 PM
A true fan :hyper

Lance
11th August 2009, 02:37 PM
^^^
What he said.

Definitely a true fan, xtriko; all I have is The Jilted Generation.

eLhabib
11th August 2009, 03:43 PM
well that's the best one to have anyway ;)

Lini-R
11th August 2009, 04:50 PM
I have all the albums and about half the singles. So yeah I'm a huge fan. It was actually due to my mum loving Firestarter when it came out, and me always listening to it as a wee child. (Along with Spaceman-Babylon Zoo).

Although my favourite album has to be Fat of the Land oh and my favourite EP be Baby's Got A Temper (I dunno why peeps hate that song...)

YouAreFubar
11th August 2009, 10:00 PM
I love the hair X-Triko, and im in awe of your Prodigy collection!

Music for the Jilted Generation is good, but Fat of the Land is far better IMO. Breathe, Diesel Power, Funky S**t, Narayan & Mindfields are all awesome tracks!

NightArh
11th August 2009, 10:37 PM
xtriko I am shaking your hand virtually :rock:beer
I am fan of Prodigy from their first album. But new songs suck... sorry to say this. keith flint was a heart of this awesome band
I had The Fat of the Land album on MD drive. that was awesome for the time it was released. I enjoyed this music really. I am listening it now with pleasure

eLhabib
12th August 2009, 12:17 AM
Keith Flint still is rocking the Prodigy.
And their newest album ranks number 2 on my personal favorite list right behind Jilted.

xtriko
12th August 2009, 09:16 AM
Thank you for the comments about the hair cut lol :)
I can't say wich one is the better album. I can say that my favorite is Music For The Jilted Generation. I can also say that the one I less like is AONO...
What are you favorite 3 songs of all time?
PS. Check this at 2:03 ;) it was last July :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEbe9q6YIn4

eLhabib
12th August 2009, 02:35 PM
3 favorite Prodigy Songs of all time? Man, that's a really tough question. Can't narrow it down to 3, so I'll state 7, because I like them all equally, so in no particular order:

Full Throttle
3 Kilos
Claustrophobic Sting
Diesel Power
Firestarter
Colors
Take Me To The Hospital

Lini-R
12th August 2009, 04:28 PM
Claustrophobic Sting
Colors

Those two rank highly aswell. It's a shame hardly anyone has heard of Claustrophobic Sting because it's a real neat track.

By the way, forgot to say earlier but xtriko that hair rocks. Like seriously rocks.

xtriko
12th August 2009, 07:37 PM
Rhythm of the Life
Scienide
Their Law
Climbatize
Spitfire
Wake The **** Up
Take Me To The Hospital
etc... XD

YouAreFubar
12th August 2009, 09:21 PM
3 favourite tracks? Theres so many to choose from but if I had to:

Mindfields (Fat of the Land)
Poison (Jilted Generation)
Funky S**t (Fat of the Land)

Claustrphobic Sting is an awesome track :rock, in fact all three of the last tracks of The Narcotic Suite are brilliant. Just not in my top 3......

xtriko
13th August 2009, 06:01 PM
For those who don't know the power of "Wake The F*ck Up" Live, here's a link ;)
I had the chance to listen this track for... 3 times I guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQCmS3TO-O8

Enjoy.

TaroBarkhan
27th November 2009, 07:31 AM
Hey, partypeople,

Yesterday the Prodigy was in town and I of course was there.

They absolutely rocked :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I was in the second or third row for a while. It was awesome to be just 3 meters away from the guys.

eLhabib
27th November 2009, 04:20 PM
I was there as well! Not the best set they ever played (was my 5th Prodigy gig) but solid enough and the crowd up front was totally crazy! :rock

YouAreFubar
27th November 2009, 05:05 PM
Good stuff, I bet they were amazing still! I hope theyll come back this way again soon, they never fail to impress me!

TaroBarkhan
27th November 2009, 05:10 PM
Yes, the crowd was crazy. It was like standing at a seashore and 2 meter high waves coming from left and right and all other directions. Only that the waves were out of people.

I took my wife with me and we had to retreat. What a shame, but nevertheless a great experience. :hyper

By the way, el, this was your 5th gig? Wow, for me it was my first. I never managed to be at any other of their concerts before.

eLhabib
28th November 2009, 04:22 PM
yeh, saw them for the first time back in 97 on the Fat of the Land tour, then 5 or 6 years ago at the Novarock festival (which was their best gig EVER), then I think 4 years ago at the Frequency festival (where they were awful, sadly), then this year's Frequency (awesome again), and now last thursday. As I said, same set as 3 months ago at the Frequency, so I wasn't super impressed, and I don't like the Stadthalle venue because they don't have wavebreakers and you get absolutely killed up front.

xtriko
11th December 2009, 10:53 PM
I Met The Prodigy!!! :D I won a contest of a portuguese radio station!!! I still can't belive it XD I'm photos, they signed my ticket, flag, postcard etc... Liam asked me to take a picture of my "special" hair cut lol Dream come true :)

stin
11th December 2009, 11:10 PM
Hey!, I`m pleased for you mate!, I seriously hope you will enjoyed on that night!, let us know the details!!!!!!!!!

stevie:D

BulletWraith
12th December 2009, 12:16 AM
fuk no way Xtriko, that's awesome! congrats
saw them at big day out Jan this year, they are coming again in Feb, can't wait:rock

-zer:donutshen

xtriko
12th December 2009, 09:32 AM
This was my 8th Prodigy gig. Here am I with Liam Howlett :D

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=20&pictureid=1771

Rezatron
12th December 2009, 09:49 AM
Holy **** great photo! I wish I could attend a big European festival to see the Prodigy. I see them every time they come to Toronto (05 and 08 ) but it's not the same in a smaller venue. It's hard to say but they're probably my fave band, heard them first time on the Wipeout 2097/XL soundtrack back in '96 and i'm sure this is how many here got introduced to them.

KGB
12th December 2009, 09:51 AM
I can't see a photo????

Rezatron
12th December 2009, 10:01 AM
Hmm I can. Check yer inter tubes for clogs mate.

Rehosted (hope you don't mind xtriko): http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o28/Rezatron/user3112_pic1771_1260613733.jpg

KGB
12th December 2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks Rezatron, don't know whats going on there.

Great picture. :+

xtriko
12th December 2009, 10:15 AM
I don't mind ;) I have the pics with the band on myspace, hi5, facebook etc XD

NiktheGreek
15th December 2009, 02:06 PM
I'm a long-time fan. I was a bit young for the rave scene - when Experience came out, I was still just five years old! Still, I got it some years later (I was about 10), and that was the first album I ever owned (on tape, at that!). I've been following the band since. Not yet managed to see them live, but hope to soon enough.

I can't decide on which is my favourite album, it's hard to decide between Jilted Generation, Fat of the Land and Invaders. I'm quite a metal fan, so I really enjoy guitar-driven tracks such as Breathe and Firestarter. On the other hand, I'm quite partial to the very different kind of musical aggression on Omen and Piranha. Decisions...

abukii
15th December 2009, 05:38 PM
I remember reading an article about Prodigy wayyyyy back in the day ( I think it was in Raygun ). The band was defined as "Confrontational" and they [the band] were not particularly impressed with the way Music for the Jilted Generation turned out overall. Imho, its one of their best. My favorite, however, has to be the single they released with Hellfire and Jercho on it.

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiire...I am the god of hellfire and I bring you...
Awesome stuff.

DJ Techno
20th December 2009, 02:51 AM
yes.. i date back to 1997-
1998 smack my B.... Up music video. mtv decided to let the world see the video one time. lol. i got to see it!

still like the Prodigy even with the changes they gone thru now. in the group. the sound structure. and attitudes.