PDA

View Full Version : Flower

micky1984
13th February 2009, 11:06 AM
Any one who likes there games a little different shud check this game out. just played it through and have to say it is very good indeed, i challenge any1 not to b moved by this game if they play it through to the end, absolutely lovely :)

KIGO1987
13th February 2009, 11:23 AM
I couldn't help noticing Flower. I took a quick glance in the PSN store at it too, read at it, since half the people who where online where playing the game.

I read the first line:

Ride the breeze and brighten up even the greyest day with the fantastic flower. PAUSE..... now i really do miss the golden era of gaming of the 1990s.

The game seems quite interesting, but for $12.95 AUD, there always the option of having compression sessions in the back shed of your mates house to get into that zen kinda state for the same price. if you know what i mean:lol

So tell me guys. What is this game like?

djKyoto
13th February 2009, 11:26 AM
Loved it, already got 100% trophies, but i'll happily play it when I need a good chillout.

Darkdrium777
13th February 2009, 12:00 PM
How can you have 100%? It hasn't been out for a week.
You trickster. :P

Yeah the game is amazing, everyone and their pet fish should play it. I don't have all trophies yet (And I won't get the trophy for a week until a week later, unlike someone... :D) but I'll keep playing and playing. It is beautiful. :)

flOw is also very good, if there is a promotion going on you should grab that one as well (Make sure you get the expansions, you get multiplayer + ingame screenshots and new creatures).

djKyoto
13th February 2009, 12:21 PM

Oh snap. :lol

LOUDandPROUD
13th February 2009, 12:25 PM
Downloading it in a few minutes! Can't wait to play!

micky1984
13th February 2009, 12:40 PM
Kigo dont be put of by the artsy babble, behind all that there is still a game and and a beutiful one at that, i understand that the concept wont b for every1 but if ur the slightest bit interested in it then i think u wont be disappointed, at first i thought the price was a bit steep but personally after playing i think its worth it. Also at points did anyone else think of ico or shadow of colossus when looking at the large landscapes, to me it evokes the same sense of calm and serenity . . . . . . (im sensing the loss of several man points due 2 that last sentence lol )

KIGO1987
13th February 2009, 01:12 PM
I should check this game out, it looks interesting since i probably do need some form of activity to chill out on, this might be good.

Ive been downloading stuff all day off the PSN store. Since i have a really slow connection i had the console on all day. Every few hours i came back home to check how much the download has progressed and if the PS3 hasn't overheated and burnt down the house. And every time i checked i saw kyoto was still online. He has being playing the game all day, that is why he has all the trophy's already:blarg

djKyoto
13th February 2009, 01:26 PM
Nah, nothing to do with that.

Theres a bronze trophy that you (stupidly) get, if you come back to the game after a weeks break (Welcome back), so naturally it would be impossible to get 100% in the first day.

But I could'nt be bothered waiting a week for it. :lol

infoxicated
13th February 2009, 04:27 PM
I downloaded the trailer, but it looked more like an interactive screen saver than a game. Maybe I'm missing the point...

micky1984
13th February 2009, 04:56 PM
im afraid its one of those games u wont really understand whats its like until u actually play

b4p
13th February 2009, 05:25 PM
i was afraid of that

Darkdrium777
13th February 2009, 05:58 PM
*SPOILER*
DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED

Highlight to read.

->calm, creative, amused, fearful, cautious, vengeful
->This is what I experienced on the first playthrough. It really moves you.

micky1984
13th February 2009, 06:03 PM
Dito that sums it up for me 2 Darkdrium by the end i was smiling so much i must of looked like a proper gimp i wont say anymore dont want to spoil anything for anyone who intends to play

zeeZ
14th February 2009, 12:30 AM
If you play through any of the "dreams" again you really get a screensaver at the end :P

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar! Swoooosh!

Darkdrium777
14th February 2009, 01:23 AM
No, that screensaver always was there I think. Just don't press any buttons and it will keep on scrolling AFAIK. (Trophy to obtain like this btw)

I got 95%, now for one week (good timing since it is coincidental with the school year and I have 1 full week of school) and I will have 100%.

Not like someone here who changed system date :g

LOUDandPROUD
14th February 2009, 12:21 PM
Started playing it yesterday...I'm through the first 3 levels...all I have to say is, wow, what a beautiful game.

eLhabib
15th February 2009, 10:49 PM
I've only played the first 2 levels so far, and I really enjoy it for its calmness, freedom, and pure beauty. Now if - as some of you guys are hinting at- there's even a great story element to it, I'm even more impressed.

Rob, interactive screensaver is far from summing up what this game is like (although you could, technically, use it as a screensaver). I dare you to try it, it's well worth the little money, especially if you've got a stressy lifestyle.