PDA

View Full Version : Microphones

RedScar
7th February 2009, 07:07 PM
OK, so I've noticed that there are like all of 5 ppl who own and use a mic in HD (Well that speak english anyway). Myself, IH8YOU and a few others that I can't quite remember atm. Is this just because your all afraid to talk or you don't have mics? :P I know the VOIP is usually sketchy but when it works its always nice to chat/trash talk Olliman (or whatever his name is).

Just go buy a cheapy USB mic and plug it into you PS3. If you wanna go fancy you can get a decent bluetooth and not have to worry about the wire. I've got the official PS3 mic from Socom, its a good mic although a bit uncomfortable at first.

Biggest flaw with PSN is that the VOIP system is rarly used where it is needed.

Zoth-Ommog
7th February 2009, 07:23 PM
I do have Jabra BT mic but, and i CAN talk english well, but when i start playing, mic is usually out of battery, or i'm just too lazy to go and get it.

Darkdrium777
7th February 2009, 07:52 PM
I can talk in any game BUT WipEout HD. It doesn't work for me. I wouldn't call the voice chat sketchy, but flat out broken.
Jabra BT125 from the Warhawk bundle.

Hellfire_WZ
7th February 2009, 08:57 PM
I've got a headset too (Gioteck EX01), but I get the same problem. Incoming chat is really broken up, and I get a lot of people saying the same about mine when I try to talk. It's perfect outside of HD though...

RedScar
7th February 2009, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't call it broken, its just not optimised. I can talk with ppl in Canada and US fine, but anyone overseas rarly hears me or can understand. It seems SL didn't setup a good VOIP system.

Darkdrium777
7th February 2009, 10:11 PM
If it works for only ten people, it's broken.

Sorry. :-

EPSILON
8th February 2009, 01:10 AM
We use Skype, very Clear, Speed and Simple.

I buy the Official Bluetooth one, it was a shame....I Hear 1/8 and the sound is horrible....Not a Good point.