PDA

View Full Version : 3DO Controllers

JABBERJAW
3rd February 2009, 05:02 PM
Has anyone here owned a 3DO? I have question regarding the controllers. Do any controllers from other systems work on this, like the genesis, ect? I am just curious because I want to buy a joystick for the system

AG-wolf
4th February 2009, 03:58 AM
I can test tomorrow; I just got home from work and I don't want to try and dig out either 3DO I've got kicking around tonight -_- It has a very standard controller interface port, but I don't know if the data signals are mapped the same as Atari, Amiga, Genesis, etc.

JABBERJAW
4th February 2009, 06:35 PM
Hey, eric, check your pms as well. 3do, man you have every system

AG-wolf
4th February 2009, 06:56 PM
crap, yeah you sent me a bunch of messages D: Sorry, been wicked busy. I've been driving around all day today too so I didnt even get to try the 3DO thing. I found the system, though, and some extra genesis controllers so I'll give them a shot tonight man Sorry again D: (on my way to work right now even)

AG-wolf
5th February 2009, 04:32 AM
out of luck, Al. Just tried my genny controllers on the 3do with no results. I think Quickshot may have made a joystick for the 3do... I don't know if any other third-party companies really bothered with the console. You may do best to just build one yourself and re-wire a regular 3do controller :/

JABBERJAW
6th February 2009, 03:15 AM
Thanks, there is a ps1 to 3do converter, so I think I will pick up one of those. Plenty of good ps1 joysticks

AG-wolf
6th February 2009, 04:20 AM
I think there's an SNES to 3do conterter as well (if memories of an issue of GamePro from 15 years ago are to be trusted :P )

What kind of joystick are you looking for? What game are you trying to play?

JABBERJAW
6th February 2009, 01:26 PM
madden, but I do not want a joystick that clicks (the ones that are good for fighting games). I already have some ps1 joysticks to use once I get the converter. I could not find the snes converter, because I have a nice stick for that one