PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD or Burnout Paradise which game is the fastest?

darkfaerytales
2nd February 2009, 10:04 PM
the question is simple:

wipeout or burnout what of these 2 games is the fastest?

since i don't own burnout and i've heard around who seems to be the fastest racing game around i want to know if actually is faster than wipeout, so...

let's start the discussion!

klax75
2nd February 2009, 10:10 PM
This is just my opinion but for me I've had both games on release day. And I have to say with BurnOut with the Bike Mod, I have bigger sense of speed then in WipeOut. Since the bike leans like in WipeOut, just something about it feels like I am going faster, and things to whip past me faster. But it could also be part of the audio with the reving and shifting sounds. The cars, I don't feel as much speed as I do with the bikes.

kanar
2nd February 2009, 10:11 PM
I'm coming from burnout,I've finished the game, all golds medals, all cars, a long long time ago. I've sold this game a long time ago too. So you already know my answer. HD is a masterpiece.

klax75
2nd February 2009, 10:38 PM
I lost all my cars, when my old PS3 died. :/ I have to start all over. I like th bikes in it the best for feeling of speed. For me I've said a while ago in another thread. I love WipeOut series, but something about it I don't feel I am going fast, it just feels like the screen is moving fast. If that makes sense, I don't get any sense of speed in it. :/

For me, I'd like a motion blur. Not a over the top one. A slight one so my eyes can't focus on the side, to trick me in to feeling fast. A audio that is telling me I am going fast, a straining of my engines, as I reach the top speeds. The gradual pick up of wind against the canopy, getting louder of quieter compared to how fast I am going. Or mushy controls if I am reaching the red line. Like Venom to Phantom, the ships sound the same. You're just moving slower on the track. I wish a Vemon ship sounded like a Phantom ship on idle. Where Phantom would sound like a beast death trap, I strap myself in to.

90% of the time I only play Phantom, I know I'm not the quickest pilot either. ;) Zone's I'm not a fan of, just never found it all that interesting to do. It's just moving fast, don't feel like I am going faster.

b4p
3rd February 2009, 04:30 AM
i feel like burnout is faster. stuff just appears in front of my car and before i can think BOOM!

dead meat

KIGO1987
3rd February 2009, 05:07 AM
That happened to me barely a week ago... in real world. Stupid DCs drivers around here.

Im still yet to get this game, i should of bought it already, i love the Burnout Series, got every title.

djKyoto
3rd February 2009, 05:24 AM
In terms of a speed sensation.

Old Burnouts > WPHD > New Burnouts

Harvai
3rd February 2009, 11:39 AM
I haven't played HD, but I have seen plenty of high quality videos, and from what I've seen, Paradise is faster. Especially with the new bikes pack. Hadn't played it in a while, and crashed into many an object because of the speeeed!

AG-wolf
4th February 2009, 03:59 AM
F-Zero GX

b4p
4th February 2009, 04:49 AM
well if anyone is on the fence about this game it's my favorite ps3 game next to wipeout. it's really not so much for racing as it is for open-world exploring. Racing is a part of it, but you can play for hours and hours and hours without even doing any races at all.