PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 Demo.

klax75
2nd February 2009, 06:30 PM
Just got the Resident Evil 5 Demo off PSN. I've never been a huge fan of RE series. But the demo didn't do much for me. :/ Was expecting a little more, kind of annoying you can't walk and shoot at the same time. So you have to move, stand and be a turret, then move again. Makes me feel like the 80's with all the old consoled Light Gun games.

With all the talk I've heard was expecting something a little more.

Darkdrium777
2nd February 2009, 06:31 PM
The final game also comes with a 5GB install. Cool eh?

DawnFireDragoon
2nd February 2009, 06:39 PM
try it on co-op mode, me and my mate played it on co-op on the xbox 360 demo. found it fun, helping each other out, and things like been able to switch items when you're beside one another helps with ammo and health.

i wouldn't play much of it alone, but co-op adds to it in my opinion.

Amorbis
2nd February 2009, 06:44 PM
I was a bit disappointed too. To me it feels a bit too shabby; the frame rate is low and inconsistent, the controls are a bit clunky and your side kick is silly at times. Despite this, they have done the lighting well for keeping suspense in broad daylight as opposed to the dark the series is used to. The controls I think are clunky to keep you playing it like a shooter, it is after all, meant to be a survival horror game.

I have yet to sample the online co-op in the demo and I shall get round to trying it some time. I think I'm going to buy Street Fighter IV or Killzone 2 over this and leave Resident Evil 5 until I can get it for a bit cheaper.

The final game also comes with a 5GB install. Cool eh?
Looks like my PS3 will need some spring cleaning :P.

YouAreFubar
2nd February 2009, 06:45 PM
My TV got sent away to the repair centre today for about a week and a half so wont be able to try this till it gets back. Ive been looking forward to this for ages though, I hope it can match Dead Space as that was a fantastic game!

DawnFireDragoon
2nd February 2009, 06:49 PM
oh, yeah my co-op experience was split screen, not online co-op...so i can't say whether or not the online side of things is good or bad.

split screen was pretty ace though.

also, started dead space and i'm loving it.

klax75
2nd February 2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I like co-op games. But for me it just wasn't there, didn't like standing in one spot, shooting moving on. Recycle and Repeat.

I found the controls kind of weird, to use the matchetty you had to hold down two buttons. To change weapons you had to press one better for the menu, use the stick then select another button to change the weapon. Not just why the extra step, why hold one button, move the control then release the button. Would have been much faster.

DawnFireDragoon
2nd February 2009, 07:26 PM
i understand your issue's. i hated the walk, stop, shoot stuff to begin with too. i guess some will like it and some won't.

this is why demo's are so good!

TheFrostE
2nd February 2009, 08:10 PM
.....:rolleyes: the stop while shooting formula hasn't really changed from the RE series since its very beggining...:/ its kind of wrong to judge this game on that, seeing as its been part of the RE formula since the start. Its not a Run n' Gun...its survival horror. that is intentional...it makes you feel much more helpless against the hordes of zombies and gets you to very carefully strategize your next move or where you will take cover with what little ammo you are supplied with and against great odds. that's what survival horror is about. The demo impressed me much, since im a long time RE fan this will be a definite buy over KZ2. and remember, the game isnt based around fighting through the whole game, it is true to the formula complete with complex puzzles, backtracking AND splitting up with your teammate plenty and helping each other through communication. The game was meant to be played with someone else, it was based around it...im sure you wont reach any sort of great enjoyment if you intend on only playing with an AI Sheva, your better off not buying it if thats the case.

as for 5 gig install...cmon now, its 5 gigs,40+ gigs on most everybodys machines at the start...im sure you can squeeze 5 in..this isnt 1998 :p

sorry if this sounds too defensive but im hearing everywhere people judging poorly on this game JUST because you cant move and shoot...the formula for RE and has been tried and true over the years... why do you think its been almost 10 years since the first one and they are still being made and selling like hot cakes?

Darkdrium777
2nd February 2009, 08:12 PM
The final game also comes with a 5GB install. Cool eh?Looks like my PS3 will need some spring cleaning :P.Was that intentional? Or did the forum mess up somewhere? :lol
I posted that message :mad: :p

Mateo
2nd February 2009, 08:51 PM
I'm so disappointed. That's no survival horror any more, that's just a action game...

I can remember how horrific Resident Evil was when we played it together as kids in the middle of the night. :lol
At least Dead Space was/is pretty scary.

stinkleroy
3rd February 2009, 02:02 AM
Resident evil was never scary...gave you a shock sometimes but scary..noooo. I have to say I'm not disappointed as in a RE game I kind of expect the control system to be shabby. It's almost tradition. I do miss the incredibly bad voice acting though :frown:

How come there has not been a demo of Silent Hill Homecoming? Now those games were scary, well 1 and 2 anyway...the ones after were a little lacklustre. A demo would be cool though if anyone from Sony is listening......

Chill
3rd February 2009, 03:40 AM
Yeah haven't played the new one but I remember Resident Evil for the PS2... it had really gone down the toilet... It lost all possibility of any more depth and irony to it, and after noticing Silent Hill, that became my game... Beat Silent Hill V by the way, that game's awesome!!! :P

stinkleroy
3rd February 2009, 03:49 AM
(Sorry to go off topic for a moment) So Chill, Silent Hill 5 is good? I was unsure of purchasing it as, although I loved the first two (pyramid head aaaargh) I feel after SH2 the series went downhill and I didn't want to waste my money. Does Silent Hill 5 go back to it's roots and scare the bejesus out of you? If so it's definately worth a purchase for me.

Chill
3rd February 2009, 03:56 AM
Hmmm... I remember the first one back in the day, and that was ONE HELL of a scary game considering it's start... But I liked the 3rd one... I don't know, I think I'd like all Silent hills... so... yeah I thought Silent Hill V kicked @$$ but that may be just me... check out vids on youtube to get a taste if you like??

KIGO1987
3rd February 2009, 05:04 AM
Was that intentional? Or did the forum mess up somewhere? :lol
I posted that message :mad: :p

Somebody else doing my postings now, ay?

5GB DL. That would take the entire working week with my **** net.

rdmx
3rd February 2009, 06:05 AM
I think he thought it was KIGO because of the avatar. That's probably a reason why custom avatars are a good thing :P

KIGO1987
3rd February 2009, 03:21 PM
They seem to have custom avatars and custom signitures on Wipeout Arena just fine. Still dont see why it cannot be introduced here. Better not further talk about it, probably gave someones the shts saying that just now.

OBH
3rd February 2009, 04:01 PM
are you guys crazy?
resi 5 demo is awesome. takes all the quality bits from resi 4 (arguably one of the best games ever) and then some.

im amazed some people find the framerate dodgy, graphics hasnt missed a beat on my hd tv.

TheFrostE
3rd February 2009, 06:02 PM
looks like i found my partner here on the zone *cough* Osama *cough* :p ;)