PDA

View Full Version : Free Radical Bites the Dust - TimeSplitters 4 & Star Wars Battlefront III Cancelled?

mdhay
28th January 2009, 05:41 PM
The economy is taking it's toll now. Resolve Partners had been called in some time ago to try and rescue the Nottingham - based developer, but now, I don't think they will be coming back. But question is, who'll take on their latest projects (TS4 & Battlefront 3)?
http://is.gd/cxD3

yeldar2097
28th January 2009, 05:49 PM
are you kidding? i love free radical! the very thought of playing timesplitters used to get me through the day a few years ago. i've been waiting for TS4 for aages. end of an era

mdhay
28th January 2009, 06:59 PM
No, I'm not kidding, FR aren't the only ones to suffer. Woolworths completely went under a few months before them.

yeldar2097
28th January 2009, 07:14 PM
not to mention the current exchange rate. it's killing our business too. thankfully i have some euros stashed away in holland. the DR went down according to an earlier thread as well. i'm not happy about this, i want my timesplitters in HD!

RJ O'Connell
28th January 2009, 07:56 PM
The fact that Haze bombed never helped.

YouAreFubar
28th January 2009, 11:37 PM
Gutted. Ive seen a video of a trailer for Battlefront 3 and it looked absolutely amazing (poor quality video but you could see the scale of the game)! And the Timesplitters series was one of my favourite games on the PS2 (excluding WipEout of course ;) ) and I was looking forward to its next incarnation. The rights for these 2 games could get sold on though.....

mdhay
29th January 2009, 10:24 AM
Hopefully, they'll be multiplatform.

SuperNova
29th January 2009, 11:03 AM
The very thought of no Battlefront 3.......:cold

BulletWraith
4th February 2009, 04:09 AM
good news(I think), if you hadn't heard already
Free Radical has been bought by Crytek (Far Cry/Crisis peoples)
many positive things could come from this

edit, found a better source
Crytek buys Free Radical from Destructoid (http://www.destructoid.com/free-radical-was-purchased-by-crytek--120472.phtml)
-zer:donutshen out

GreenPhazon
4th February 2009, 03:36 PM
BF3 was given to another company, so the videos we saw are pretty much redundant.
TS4, well, they've cut staff, but they're still pushing on with it as best they can.

That's as much as I can tell from news sources on the interwebs, but I hope TS4 isn't worsened by this. TS2 is one of my favourite FPSs and I need a good one on PS3.

YouAreFubar
4th February 2009, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know who BF3 was given too? It was good as it is, it would be a shame for another company to try and put their spin on it and ruin it.

rdmx
5th February 2009, 07:45 AM
I think it was given to Rebellion?

mdhay
8th February 2009, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know who BF3 was given too? It was good as it is, it would be a shame for another company to try and put their spin on it and ruin it.

Hopefully, not EA.They'd wreck the plot, give droids stupid accents, kill the framerate and put invisible walls everywhere.

omega329
13th February 2009, 08:58 PM
*reminisces of zero-puncuation reviews*
I've been off the video game scene for a while, I didn't even know about a BF3 or a TS4...