PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.25

rushin
26th January 2009, 05:46 PM
just downloaded an 11mb patch, v1.25, although the xmb thinks its 1.26. no patch notes from what i can see, and that 1006 zones is still there.

Any ideas?

Danterich
26th January 2009, 07:53 PM
I noticed no changes so far, except that i think it solved "the bomb issue" as mentioned here:http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5273&page=23
Can anybody confirm this?

SaturnReturn
26th January 2009, 07:59 PM
I can say that I still get randomness with bombs. I drove straight over a few.

Danterich
26th January 2009, 08:10 PM
Oh, what a pitty:frown: Then i was wrong. Time will tell...

Axel
26th January 2009, 08:10 PM
Hmmm a stealth patch lol. Fair enough, I wonder what they fixed?

Darkdrium777
26th January 2009, 08:48 PM
Maybe they wanted to stop us wondering why the full game was 1.20 and the demo 1.25... o.o

Connavar
26th January 2009, 09:16 PM
I would already be happy if they fixed the bomb issue and if the game froze less often.

yeldar2097
26th January 2009, 09:20 PM
i'd be happy if they made my qirex feel like they're meant to, as opposed to being as effective as rice paper. does it not say on the online announcements thing?

Greenix
26th January 2009, 09:35 PM
^ Nope, not a sausage in the online announcements. Still yappin about the 1.2 update. I do hate it when something is changed and we are all left in the dark. I for one want to see Harimau with an increased thrust rating but that's never gonna happen :(

NeilSmith
26th January 2009, 11:07 PM
Yeah I'd like to see something done to the Harimau ship aswell. Atm It's basicly the same as Assegai only with lower thrust. It currently has my favourite skin, the yellow one :)

IH8YOU
26th January 2009, 11:21 PM
Connavar - Freezing Issue? What freez-

stinkleroy
26th January 2009, 11:34 PM
Maybe the patch is to fix some of the online issues people having been having i.e. not being able to get on at all, error messages etc. This has lasted weeks for some people and still continues. I experienced this on Saturday night as did a few others on my friends list, and I had it again last night...

Just a thought...

blackwiggle
26th January 2009, 11:49 PM
The server being down [worldwide]has been the usual sign that SL are doing something patch wise.
If Elhabib posts that he can now get online I guess that what the patch is all about.

stinkleroy
26th January 2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah I messaged a pal on my list who hasn't been able to get on for over two weeks, to let him know there was a patch and to try it out...but he hasn't been online yet. Guess we'll see, just seems strange not to include some update notes.

blackwiggle
27th January 2009, 12:01 AM
I hope it's not a catch 22 situation for those with the problem.
Being that,They can't get online to get the patch that will allow them to get online,if you know what I mean.

KGB
27th January 2009, 02:34 AM
when on the page to choose your ship i noticed a countdown on the top right hand side (time untill race starts). Never seen this before, is this part of the patch?

LOUDandPROUD
27th January 2009, 02:38 AM
Do you have to download and install the patch, like with typical updates? Or is this something internal that you don't even see and would never be aware of? I ask because I played WipEout tonight and wasn't prompted to perform an update of any sort...

Feisar31
27th January 2009, 02:54 AM
Yeah I wasn't prompted to update either. :|

bik3rluke
27th January 2009, 03:00 AM
Seems strange that the servers went down 2 days ago and a patch released today. Maybe something to do with that?

Also, has anyone got the bug that says "Game starting in..." (or something) after you've finished the game and returned to the lobby?

LOUDandPROUD
27th January 2009, 03:03 AM
Yes, Kryptix, I've encountered that bug as well. :nod

Darkdrium777
27th January 2009, 03:21 AM
Uhh I have had that for some time. Ever since Day 1 of 1.20. Didn't know it was a bug, thought it was normal. :o The spectate thing that goes with it though, not so much I think?

AnErare
27th January 2009, 03:31 AM
All that and the entire thread may not be of any relevance any more, maybe the guys at SL have heard some of your calls. But last night when signing in it presented me with version 1.26 :P

trentdf
27th January 2009, 04:08 AM
i think the slowdown an metropia has gone for me (near the hairpin)- maybe it had something to do with that?

but yeah the bombs are still random- and i think that countdown was always there.

Cerium
27th January 2009, 04:39 AM
Does anyone know what's been changed yet (officially)?

Also, it'd be amazing if they added a "Random Track" option to the track selection and then automatically set the track to random when the host changes.

darkfaerytales
27th January 2009, 04:47 AM
NAAaah Trendf don't tell me don't tell me!!! are you sure about the metropia hairpin slowdown gone?! are U sure?!! if this is real i'm the happier person in the world today! i've write this problem in many many threads i didn't know that someone else have this problem as me in that part of metropia track...i have to download it now

p.s. maybe this patch is " only " for fixing all that sudden slowdowns and stutters many many people have rant and complaint in the past months

eLhabib
27th January 2009, 08:20 AM
I can tell you what it didn't fix: my online issues. still can't connect :(

djKyoto
27th January 2009, 09:00 AM
Thats a shame, I shall wait for our 1v1 soon. Hopefully you get it sorted, check your NAT settings.

eLhabib
27th January 2009, 09:21 AM
It's not my connection per se that has issues - it's the wipEout HD server itself. SL are already looking into it they say.

darkfaerytales
27th January 2009, 05:35 PM
ok, i've download it, i've try it, i've done like twenty or some races on metropia, sebenco and ubermall... to me sincerely nothing has changed...yes maybe on the slower classes the metropia hairpin slowdown is less frequent, but in phantom class is more or less the same...

the game in general seems the same, so who know exatly what is changed?? some of the SL guys can bring some light to us or we have to close the file as stealth patch

IH8YOU
27th January 2009, 08:40 PM
I still don't even see this update. I'm on version 1.20 - and the "announcements" tab in the game has no info - how does one update here? Or is this limited to EU?

blackwiggle
27th January 2009, 09:41 PM
It was probably some minor tweak to the substructure of the online track selection page, that will allow for the additional tracks of the DLC.:lol

[I'll give it less than 30 minutes before Darkfareytales bites :P]

trentdf
28th January 2009, 12:41 AM
ok, i've download it, i've try it, i've done like twenty or some races on metropia, sebenco and ubermall... to me sincerely nothing has changed...yes maybe on the slower classes the metropia hairpin slowdown is less frequent, but in phantom class is more or less the same...

ah that sucks, i was just online and my metropia reverse slow down is gone. if it does pop up (rarely) it only flickers once rather than 3 or 4 times.

LOUDandPROUD
28th January 2009, 02:38 AM
I still don't even see this update. I'm on version 1.20 - and the "announcements" tab in the game has no info - how does one update here? Or is this limited to EU?

Ditto...and my thoughts exactly. :?:

Avenger2197
28th January 2009, 03:44 AM
You have to download the HD demo from PSN and it automatically updates your game file. The version after download is 1.26.

That's how i got it, but it could come seperately later...dunno.

bik3rluke
28th January 2009, 03:50 AM
It automatically prompted me when I went to launch the normal game.

Avenger2197
28th January 2009, 03:57 AM
In the EU maybe, but US players either will get it later, or as my advice suggests, you have to download the demo to get the new update for now. Like I said I downloaded the demo and it updated the firmware for the game, so US players can use that if they wish.

AG-wolf
28th January 2009, 03:57 AM
I haven't been prompted yet; though i might load it tonight t o see (just got home from work)

darkfaerytales
28th January 2009, 05:34 AM
i had one theory maybe without any sense, but i swear this was the first thing i have think of after realizing that in this patch there wasn't nothing concrete...as blackwidge has pointed up , it's possible that this patch is a sort of " preparation patch " for a soon upcoming DLC?

i haven't pointend it straight after 'cause i think maybe this was just improbable and fanciful theory, but after blackwidge has think up the same...

what's your opinion? do you think it would be possible?

for trendf: friend, is strange but in my case the slowdown has ever happens in the same place as you have ( the large hairpin ) , but only in off-line game, indeed it is the strangest thing ever, nobody had come up with an explanation about this issue

Wip3ou7
28th January 2009, 07:09 AM
Havent you guys heard about the 3D-Glasses patch they have coming out for WipEout HD, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift? Perhaps that has something to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdIAX311NVQ

darkfaerytales
28th January 2009, 08:26 AM
it could be, it could be, but for me it's too early...

okam
28th January 2009, 12:51 PM
I got the update prompt last night (nothing the night before). 11 MB, no info, can't tell if anything has changed. Then again I never had any issues with freezing or lag or slowing down etc (so far). So yeah, could be in preparation for DLC... *fingers crossed*

H3avyM3tal
28th January 2009, 03:58 PM
Lmao, I think we have a new rumor on our hands! Will be updating as soon as I get home, in preparation for DLC ofcourse :D

Havent you guys heard about the 3D-Glasses patch they have coming out for WipEout HD, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift? Perhaps that has something to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdIAX311NVQ

They never said it was going to be released anytime soon, if at all. One of SL (sorry, forgot the name, oh heavenly developer) pointed us at this already. Plus, in this video they say it is still a prototype, and nothing is mentioned about no patch. So, no :)

okam
28th January 2009, 06:04 PM
I'm sure it would take more than a patch to add the whole 3D thing to a game, but it is realistic to think they are prepping to add more content in some way.

Very odd that there was no info though, they could at least said something generic and not just ninja patch the game without a word...

darkfaerytales
28th January 2009, 06:17 PM
haahhaah ninja patch is hilarious

anyway, just to understand it is normal routine in game industry release a patch before some add of content or what? if it is just a preparation patch what it would prepare, what's could be the specific purpose?

Darkdrium777
28th January 2009, 06:28 PM
Modify game code so that new maps can be accepted? Therefore only the maps need to be downloaded after.

okam
28th January 2009, 07:57 PM
Patches to prepare a game for new content are common in PC games, but I don't have a lot of console games that I have DLC for so I'm not sure - but I would assume things work the same way.

But... if we did have some nice added content coming, wouldnt SL announce it? Surely it would be good for selling a few more copies of the game.

Sausehuhn
28th January 2009, 09:01 PM
I'm sure it would take more than a patch to add the whole 3D thing to a game [...]

I dunno where I read it today, but there was a Sony statement that the 3D thing may be available by just adding a BIOS update.
Now that's something, eh?
Though, I do not know how great the effect really works (can't tell from the video).

blackwiggle
28th January 2009, 09:15 PM
I couldn't get online for ages after I got this last patch last night.
A PITA as I wanted to see exactly how many of my records had NOT been updated.
Not a total loss I suppose,I went and broke 4 of my TT records while waiting to get back online.:P

okam
28th January 2009, 09:39 PM
Though, I do not know how great the effect really works (can't tell from the video).

Personally I think I would get something like motion sickness (nausea, dizziness)... You would probably get used to it after a while though, but I'm not sure how interested I am to be honest.

subtotal
28th January 2009, 10:00 PM
since dowloading the patch i've noticed the frame rate dropping more often during online play and not when loads of stuff is happening on screen either,
could that be the server though??

i rarely saw that happen before

IH8YOU
28th January 2009, 10:33 PM
I still have not seen an update in the States as of yet. I swear to the God of Quake, if you guys across the pond get new DLC, and we don't - your shields will be down when you need them most! :bomb

blackwiggle
29th January 2009, 01:37 AM
After downloading the patch I got the mysterious "Two weapons at once bug" happen to me on Metropia.
Where I had the glowing nose cone of Leech Beam for two laps while still picking up and using other weapons,I'd never suffered that before,although others here had reported it happening.
????

LOUDandPROUD
29th January 2009, 02:20 AM
Yah that's happened to me several time without the patch. I'm in the process of downloading the demo right now, which, according to others, will result in my game being patched to 1.26...I'm sure, like everyone else, I won't notice anything different.

Darkdrium777
29th January 2009, 03:52 AM
"Two weapons at once bug" Which makes it impossible to pick up a leech beam afterwards. :/

Did you run on two pads in quick succession, absorbing the first one, like I did? Or was it something completely random?

fantaboy00
29th January 2009, 04:56 AM
I got the patch a few nights ago, i had the leech beam orb (or whatever its called) ... but i just thought it was because i absorbed it as soon as i got it.

i havent noticed any other strange or better things since

i wouldn't exactly call it two weapons at once because i couldn't use the leach beam i absorbed, the orb just stayed there till the race ended

darkfaerytales
29th January 2009, 07:17 AM
to me too happens my first huge seriuos freeze/bug , i've posted it in the report bugs section: yesterday morning when i still playing on ubermall , speed lap using icaras sudenly the screen had turn into a fixed menus image while in the top still of the image the HUD remains displayed and in the background the sounds effects and the music continue to run, the game had freeze this way and i have only to reset my ps3...

blackwiggle
29th January 2009, 08:33 AM
The game freezes when I go to use my new "Official Sony Playstation Headset" [2nd one]the first one wouldn't turn on after the first days use.
I don't know if this is a new glitch or not since the patch.:rolleyes:

But I think that's the least of my problems,every time I've pressed the R2 button to use it I slammed into a wall.

It's about as comfortable as having a sun dried gherkin shoved in your ear anyway.:eek

Danterich
29th January 2009, 10:55 AM
It's about as comfortable as having a sun dried gherkin shoved in your ear anyway.:eek
Oh yes! I´m totally disappointed of the SONY HS ! It´s an ergonomic nightmare:turd I will use the Logitech Cordless Vantage instead! And about in-game-communication: Only worked in lobby properly!:frown:

Greenix
29th January 2009, 05:05 PM
i wouldn't exactly call it two weapons at once because i couldn't use the leach beam i absorbed, the orb just stayed there till the race ended

That happened to me except I had the shield. I used it and it disappeared from my weapon indicator but my ship remained in the bubble for the rest of the race. Weird...

Mateo
30th January 2009, 04:41 PM
I still have not seen an update in the States as of yet. I swear to the God of Quake, if you guys across the pond get new DLC, and we don't - your shields will be down when you need them most! :bomb

I can't imagine the patch is preparing the game for new content. I think it was just for fixing some (rare) problems with online gaming (maybe some special european problems?). I refused to update, because I was doing Arcade Perfect at this time and after winning on 13 of 16 tracks I didn't want to risk that the game "forgets" it because of the update, and I was able to play normally, I just couldn't play online. When starting the game without patch you were logged out automatically from PSN and after ending the game you were logged in again...

LOUDandPROUD
30th January 2009, 04:46 PM
So, I downloaded & installed the demo, which, like folks said it would, updated my game from 1.20 to 1.26. Played online for a little while after that and, much like everyone else, noticed no differences. I really hope the dream that the patch is in preparation of some DLC comes true...

okam
30th January 2009, 05:21 PM
If it was a bug fixing patch Im sure they would have announced it; after all if someone is having problems with bugs then fixing them would bring people back to the game and possibly also bring with them friends. You don't keep things like that quiet.

IMO another reason to believe it was some background thing to prepare for DLC :D

lunar
30th January 2009, 08:14 PM
I think when DLC comes there will be a very big update because it will contain the new content of ships/tracks etc for all users to download, and when you purchase the DLC you will only download the unlock key. This is so that online won`t be divided into haves/have nots with the DLC, which was a curse of Pulse online. I have faith any new content will be done in this sensible way, so I don`t think this update is anything to do with new content at all.

darkfaerytales
2nd February 2009, 10:33 AM
then...any word yet?

RedScar
2nd February 2009, 11:25 AM
So did this actually patch anything other then the version number?

SaturnReturn
2nd February 2009, 11:34 AM
Well it certainly seems to have made things worse for me. Loads of crazy errors since the patch, the likes of which I've never had before. Whatever they're doing behind the scenes I sure hope it's worthwhile.

Sideshow
3rd February 2009, 02:17 PM
I propose a new game: reply to any thread in the Wipeout HD section and include the string " dlc ". You then wait and see how long it is 'til darkfaerytales posts in the same thread. The number of posts between yours and his is your score. Highest score wins.

darkfaerytales
3rd February 2009, 02:25 PM
done! i have win! :P

haahahahaa because i love dlc with passion:lol

Sideshow
3rd February 2009, 02:54 PM
God damn, zero points?! :(

darkfaerytales
3rd February 2009, 02:58 PM
i always win! :twisted no one can beat me!

OBH
3rd February 2009, 03:52 PM
i swear i got bashed around by harimaus today.

say it isnt so?

IH8YOU
3rd February 2009, 04:57 PM
I haven't noticed any change in the way the ships smash each other.....

Oh yeah, I'm not updated. :lol

Perhaps I keep things the way they are?

NeilSmith
3rd February 2009, 05:43 PM
Hey IH8U, thanks for thoose fun races yesterday. Hit me up if you want some more action :)