PDA

View Full Version : record data, NTSC vs. PAL version

Frances_Penfold
25th January 2009, 03:20 PM
I recently purchased the NTSC version of Wipeout Pulse to play, as it fixes a few bugs in the PAL version (plus it's always nice to have a backup copy!)

So as a starting point, I kept my old save data (profile + ghosts) and swapped in the the NTSC version of Wipeout Pulse. Easy enough, game recognized my PAL save data and worked great.

While racing Speed Laps on Vertica Black , however, I had several instances where I clearly finished the race *behind* my ghost but was told that I had a new lap record. There are several possible explanations here-- maybe I had created the ghost in time trial mode, for example, and really was setting new Speed Lap records. I don't think that is the case from reviewing my records page but maybe I just misinterpreted the records.

I am wondering if there is any evidence that NTSC and PAL versions of Pulse handle record data differently and whether, in general, folks that purchased the NTSC version decided to re-start the game from scratch or continue on with their PAL save data.

I suppose one advantage of starting-over is that it would remove the annoying single race glitch where DNF races become records. Is there any other advantage?

Darkdrium777
25th January 2009, 06:58 PM
I am not supposed to talk about this, but I have done "almost" the same thing as you and I've yet to encounter any problems. To this day I am still playing with a PAL save on an NTSC game.
The only visible difference I noticed between PAL and NTSC is the white text below "WipEout PULSE" on the "Press Start" screen. Other than that, I don't remember any troubles with records.