PDA

View Full Version : Lance....

stin
24th January 2009, 06:48 PM
Is Lance missing or what?

Not heard of him for ages, too busy playing his Grid Race on DS!:lol

Anyway, seriously, I wondered if he is alright.

Put this way, as you aware of Lance who detested quotes!:cold

Lance, if you are reading this, and please post it for us!:pc

stevie:)

Darkdrium777
24th January 2009, 06:58 PM

Giving ya incentive to post, Lance. :(

Come back please. :)

kanar
24th January 2009, 07:06 PM

Come back please. :)

Lance please lock this thread lol, too many quotes!

KIGO1987
24th January 2009, 09:01 PM

I was wondering where he was too. He must be chasing after home intruders in his neighborhood again with his rifle.

swift killer
24th January 2009, 09:26 PM

Good Lord! This is really going to make him go irate! *hides in nuclear bunker*

It's true, he does seem to have gone missing, used to have some interesting conversations with him.

eLhabib
25th January 2009, 02:54 PM
*deploying decoy quote*

that thread oughtta get his attention ;)
come back Lance!

The Gracer
25th January 2009, 05:42 PM
Huh? No lance?

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNCE?

How strange....i hope he is alright, i rather enjoy his forum presence...

Im not going to quote Martin, though..he is already going to FREAK when he sees this!

Darkdrium777
25th January 2009, 07:17 PM
Wrote a comment on his live journal page, don't know if we can reach him that way.

swift killer
25th January 2009, 07:41 PM
Ofcourse you do know he's going to go Chuck Norris on us when he sees this thread? lol :paperbag

stin
25th January 2009, 08:12 PM
Huh? No lance?
Im not going to quote Martin, though..he is already going to FREAK when he sees this!

Man or a mouse?!:P

Wrote a comment on his live journal page, don't know if we can reach him that way.

Worth a try.....hopefully he might dragged back to it.

stevie:g

swift killer
25th January 2009, 08:34 PM
What is it with you guys and baiting Lance! lol, your even doing it in other threads! http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110473&postcount=4

*hides in nuclear bunker and protests innocence!:brickwall*

Mad-Ice
26th January 2009, 05:05 PM
I wanted to do a multi quote on all you guys, but I think that was too much. Anyway, I hope everything is alright with you Lance? We miss you here. Greetz Mad-Ice

andy
26th January 2009, 10:55 PM
I wanted to do a multi quote on all you guys, but I think that was too much. Anyway, I hope everything is alright with you Lance? We miss you here. Greetz Mad-Ice

laaaaaaaance?

Darkdrium777
26th January 2009, 11:31 PM
stevie:)L

Come back please. :)A

Lance please lock this thread lol, too many quotes!N

I was wondering where he was too. He must be chasing after home intruders in his neighborhood again with his rifle.C

Good Lord! This is really going to make him go irate! *hides in nuclear bunker*
It's true, he does seem to have gone missing, used to have some interesting conversations with him.E

that thread oughtta get his attention ;)
come back Lance!C

Huh? No lance?
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNCE?
How strange....i hope he is alright, i rather enjoy his forum presence...
Im not going to quote Martin, though..he is already going to FREAK when he sees this!O

Wrote a comment on his live journal page, don't know if we can reach him that way.M

Ofcourse you do know he's going to go Chuck Norris on us when he sees this thread? lol :paperbagE

Man or a mouse?!:P
Worth a try.....hopefully he might dragged back to it.
stevie:gB

What is it with you guys and baiting Lance! lol, your even doing it in other threads! http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110473&postcount=4
*hides in nuclear bunker and protests innocence!:brickwall*A

I wanted to do a multi quote on all you guys, but I think that was too much. Anyway, I hope everything is alright with you Lance? We miss you here. Greetz Mad-IceC

laaaaaaaance?K

I did it for the lulz :g

Promise you'll have me try and edit this before banning me again :D

eLhabib
27th January 2009, 08:06 AM
Ouch, mate, that is overdoing it. Let's hope Lance gets here soon and cleans up this mess.

KIGO1987
27th January 2009, 10:24 AM
How old is Lance anyways? If he was dead, how will anybody here at WZ find out about it. Its not likely a family member would join here and create a thread to inform us that he has passed on.

swift killer
27th January 2009, 10:28 AM
@Darkdrium & andy: GOODNESS!!! I'm suprised Rob hasnt dropped the axe on this, LOL

And yes it was me who gave the 5 star rating to the thread :P

Darkdrium777
27th January 2009, 12:54 PM
How old is Lance anyways? If he was dead, how will anybody here at WZ find out about it. Its not likely a family member would join here and create a thread to inform us that he has passed on.Ohh I prefer not to think about that, although the possibility of him having suffered an accident or worse has crossed my mind :blarg :(

He is in his 60s I think.

infoxicated
27th January 2009, 01:02 PM
A couple of years back when there was a big tornado that hit Orlando, Lance disappeared for a good long time because his phone line was knocked out and he couldn't afford to get it repaired immediately.

I was super worried - trawled through reports on Orlando newspapers just to see if I could find any mention of people who were hospitalised, for instance. But then he turned up again none the worse for wear, so I'm content to wait it out a while yet before assuming the worst.

Darkdrium777
27th January 2009, 01:09 PM
Good to hear you're keeping an eye out for our seniors :)

I thought about wind knocking him off the electricity or whatever grid, but a tornado? Not in this season. Maybe a snowstorm or something... :cold

I hope he gets back soon :D

blackwiggle
27th January 2009, 01:37 PM
Oh no,it's a bit like this at the Zone ATM.:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDR9rilzaDU

swift killer
27th January 2009, 02:43 PM
Haha! Blackwiggle your a lunatic!

KIGO1987
27th January 2009, 03:44 PM
True, true, haha, lol. God, what year was that trailer, thats gotta be older than me.

Lance
27th January 2009, 05:19 PM
In order to see this thread, I would actually have had to be:
A - online
B - here at WZ
C - reading the forum

I was rarely A and pretty much not B and not at all C.

I suppose that the mice enjoyed their playtime.

kanar
27th January 2009, 05:28 PM
Welcome back on this boards, Lance! :rock

Darkdrium777
27th January 2009, 05:43 PM
LANCE! Welcome back :D :lol

I hope you won't hold a grudge against me ;)

swift killer
27th January 2009, 05:46 PM
YES! HE'S BACK :D order is restored :)

Where have you been Lance? About to send a little treat to you inbox.

Mad-Ice
28th January 2009, 08:12 AM
Yihaa, the great cat is back in da house!

swift killer
28th January 2009, 09:13 AM
i know just the thing.... BRING ON THE TRUMPET's!

Lance
28th January 2009, 03:26 PM
As I said elsewhere in the forums yesterday, I have seen you lot's offenses and taken notes for future reference. :turbowink:

KIGO1987
6th June 2009, 10:08 PM
Has Lance gone into Hibernation again? Its winter in the southern hemisphere not the northern.... ****...... must mean that he's in Aus, thats creepy.

AG-wolf
6th June 2009, 10:50 PM
Maybe that's why the last length of time I've spent on the forums recently hasn't annoyed the hell out of me.

stin
6th June 2009, 11:03 PM
He is only been away for a week now but I know he did not post a slightly longer than normal!. But, he did say, he is busy doing other things!

Darkdrium777
6th June 2009, 11:31 PM
So who's quoting this time? :lol

IH8YOU
7th June 2009, 01:33 AM
Gonna say, you want to get Lance here in .3 attoseconds - just start quoting posts. It actually works, he'll delete it FASTER than the electrons can register via the interwebz.

I've seen it.

Honest. :nod

Rapier Racer
7th June 2009, 01:37 AM
I wonder if he has that red light and computerized voice "Quotation alert quotation alert"

IH8YOU
7th June 2009, 01:38 AM
No, I'm pretty sure it's a Jedi Thing.... But don't quote me on this.

Get it!?

I'll be here all week, folks!

TheFrostE
7th June 2009, 03:38 AM
im telling! LANNCEEEEEEEEEEEE

Darkdrium777
7th June 2009, 07:22 AM
Gonna say, you want to get Lance here in .3 attoseconds - just start quoting posts. It actually works, he'll delete it FASTER than the electrons can register via the interwebz.You missed out on the fun (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110725&postcount=14). ;)

Also, where is Task/Jay?

mdhay
7th June 2009, 07:25 AM
So who's quoting this time? :lol

Me!

God, I need to do this on a PC, I can't multi - quote on psp.

im telling! LANNCEEEEEEEEEEEE!

No, I can't get told off again...;)

@D777:

Jay's fighting the Axis of Evil....Again.;)

blackwiggle
7th June 2009, 07:46 AM
Quote:Jay's fighting the Axis of Evil....Again.

I didn't realise that they released on video game on G.W.Bush's reign of confusion.
Missed that announcement at E3.
What platform is it on?

Who do you get to fight?
Everybody I'm guessing.

Obviously not a strategy game,must be 3rd person shooter or a platform game so G.W. can play it at home with his dad.;)

mdhay
7th June 2009, 09:46 AM
It`s on the Amiga atm;). In the UK, it's called an Arc of Extremism, everywhere else, it's the Semicircle of Mischeif.:D;)

kanar
10th June 2009, 06:15 AM
+1 guys, I miss the great Toronto reports from Jay & Lance's anti-quote patriot missiles. And Xeik too, the master of Monter Hunter, as far as I know. Mods : We love you lol.

xEik
10th June 2009, 05:38 PM
I visit the forums every day I just don't have anything interesting to say. Fury looks really good but I have yet to buy me a PS3.
On a sidenote, this weekend I passed the 700 hour mark on my main MHF2 profile, which is crazy.

ACE-FLO
10th June 2009, 05:39 PM
^^ ooops - hahahahaha - classic!

Darkdrium777
10th June 2009, 06:38 PM
Ehh, I wish they would do another MH on non-portable next-gen console.
I had so much fun in MH on PS2 it was crazy. Across all platforms I must have played well over 1000 hours. But I've gotten a bit tired now (It's essentially expansion after expansion, and I'm a bit tired of starting nearly all over all the time); and a bit mad at Capcom for pulling a switch to the Wii, MH was one of the titles I originally expected to land on the PS3 way before the console launched.

/Monster Hunter

G'Kyl
10th June 2009, 07:59 PM
Somewhat off-topic, but still... Am I the only one finding it weird how someone put "homosexual" as a tag into this thread? I mean, is that all the distance your mind can travel?

Firstly, "homosexual" doesn't describe Lance and what he is about at ALL. And secondly, where is heterosexual, bisexual, transgender and whatnot in all the other threads? It doesn't matter there? You're damn right, it never does!

Don't worry, I'm good. I'm just thinking people shouldn't be labelled like this. The same goes for female, male, red, yellow, black and white, by the way...

A slightly agitated Ben

mdhay
10th June 2009, 08:35 PM
I wanted to delete that tag, but I couldn't.:(

xEik
10th June 2009, 08:35 PM
Fixed. He can re-add the tag if he so desires when he comes back. He'll probably give it the disinterest it deserves.

KIGO1987
11th June 2009, 05:03 AM
Where's Lance these days, and more interesting where is Jaytech man, havent heard from him in yonks. From the 4 mods this forum had here this time last year, there is really only one active mod here and that is xEik.

infoxicated
11th June 2009, 09:33 AM
I try my best to chip in.

xEik
11th June 2009, 10:10 PM
there is really only one active mod here and that is xEik.
Overstatetement of the year :lol
You should have seen me when I still was at university (much more free time) just before I became a moderator. An average of 2~3 posts a day (without spamming). Even harder to believe if you think that the only new thing we had had to play for the previous 2 or 3 years was WO Fusion. :P

BTW Rob and Jay have children while neither Lance nor me have them. That means your priorities are slightly different when it comes to deciding how to spend the little amount of free time you may have.

infoxicated
11th June 2009, 10:27 PM
Plus, I have a PS3 and those games won't just play themselves! ;)

xEik
14th June 2009, 07:51 PM
You could always play PS3 games with your daughter. :D Preferably a game where the two of you collaborate instead of competing.

omega329
14th June 2009, 08:12 PM
Little Big Planet?

mdhay
14th June 2009, 08:28 PM
Psychic.;)

Rob, Sackboy needs you!:lol

Lance
16th June 2009, 10:25 PM
hm.. Well, I am a homosexual, but I like that, and I've been called worse things by people even less capable of analytical thought and the articulation of it.

I've been taking a vacation from policing the self-centered and thoughtless [I really wish they knew who they were! ;) }I am honoured to be detested by them.{] on another forum and on this one, too.

I've been devoting my time to collecting Swiss Army Knives from both manufacturers of them [Victorinox and Wenger (Victorinox has owned Wenger since 2005 in order to keep the company in Switzerland and out of the ownership of the Chinese.)]. I'm having fun, which is something that really is important to us humans. Especially to me. :D

pirahpac
16th June 2009, 11:26 PM
first time i see this thread ;amazing! :eek

Lance
16th June 2009, 11:38 PM
So you're disclaiming responsibility for the tag, right? :D

That's okay. I have an idea of who it was anyway. Not that it did me any damage. And I added a couple of new ones of my own.

swift killer
16th June 2009, 11:44 PM
This thread is still going on? lol

Im suprised it hasn't been Lance-inated :lol

Darkdrium777
16th June 2009, 11:51 PM
It's because he secretly likes the multi-quotes. :)

Lance
16th June 2009, 11:54 PM
Nah, it's just that it's entertaining. And best of all, it's all about mE! ;)

ProblemSolver
17th June 2009, 12:27 AM
@Lance
Ehm ... "Lance has exceeded their stored private messages quota and
cannot accept further messages until they clear some space." Sorry,
couldn't tell otherwise. Wanna write you a PN.

IH8YOU
17th June 2009, 01:37 AM
Lance - welcome back. Oddly enough, you were actually missed.

It's only odd, because I don't know you at all, yet, your presence was still missed.

How are things?

Lance
17th June 2009, 02:20 AM
Things are pretty damned spiffy. I'm enjoying life this year. Property taxes are paid up; I have income. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than for the last several years.

Clearing PMs is a pain in the ass; may be a while yet before that happens. ProblemSolver, quit trying to be a mod. That's why.

eLhabib
17th June 2009, 08:29 AM
Lance, since I can't write you PMs, I'll write it here:
It's good to see you in such a splendid mood - sounds like things are going well for ya :)
Btw love the extra tags added to the thread. The best people in the world are the ones who poke vicious fun at themselves (not qute there yet myself) :+

little boys are not safe = death by laughing
tacocat is a palindrome - lol?
gone to the philippines - what's up with that? you ain't really, are you? or is that some strange analogy I don't get? ;)

stinkleroy
17th June 2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah, loving the new tags Lance...tacocat is indeed a palindrome ;)

archman
17th June 2009, 11:11 AM
...ProblemSolver, quit trying to be a mod. That's why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSaIpki6M8A

:+

IH8YOU
17th June 2009, 11:12 AM
tacocat - im guilty of adding that tag. :p its one of my favorite palindromes. :D

stinkleroy
17th June 2009, 11:15 AM
Haha nice one Anthony :p

Mad-Ice
17th June 2009, 11:23 AM
Good to see you back Lance and I am happy things are going very well at your side. Enjoy it to the fullest. Greetz Mad-Ice

KIGO1987
17th June 2009, 11:30 AM
gone to the philippines - what's up with that? you ain't really, are you? or is that some strange analogy I don't get? ;)

Ever heard of Gary Glitter there Habib?

swift killer
17th June 2009, 11:48 AM
yes he does indeed! :D

It's because he secretly likes the multi-quotes. :)

first time i see this thread ;amazing! :eek

mdhay
17th June 2009, 05:56 PM
Someone's taken the tags too far again, "faggotus magnus" and "up the arsehole" don't really sound too good.

KIGO1987
17th June 2009, 07:29 PM
Lance actually added that first one in mdhay

mdhay
17th June 2009, 07:30 PM
Oh, well the second one is taking too far.:|

Lance
18th June 2009, 03:01 AM
They don't know me; I like oral. :D
Or should I say :O?

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 03:19 AM
http://f.imagehost.org/t/0784/DoNotWantMacro.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0784/DoNotWantMacro)

I keep having these mental images forming... No disrespect, but I had enough with the brainy tits (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=131412#post131412). :blarg

Lance
18th June 2009, 03:24 AM
You are so sensitive.

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 03:27 AM
Considering I watched pretty much every single shock video of the internet without even feeling the need to puke, I guess it just means I'm not gay ;)

Lance
18th June 2009, 03:36 AM
So why the equal sensitivity on the 'good girlfriend' thread? Three tits are too many? ;)

Darkdrium777
18th June 2009, 03:46 AM
Tits with a mind of their own. Alien?
I'm just trying to spam image macros too, that may be why.

IH8YOU
18th June 2009, 03:48 AM
I dunno, they managed to pull 3 fun pillows off in Total Recall, and I was mollified then - but in a good way. :|

eLhabib
18th June 2009, 07:42 AM
Really?!
You make me sick.

;)

stinkleroy
18th June 2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah 3 tits kinda makes me feel a bit queasy too Anthony...lol sort your head out :p

swift killer
18th June 2009, 03:06 PM
Someone's taken the tags too far again, "faggotus magnus" and "up the arsehole" don't really sound too good.

LMAO... thats being silly now! Surely whoever did that will find '-100000' on their User CP lol

TheFrostE
18th June 2009, 10:25 PM
haha...i was just reading the tags. Did Lance really take the PS3 plunge? :hyper

PS- Brainy Tits....ROFLROFLROFLROFL

ProblemSolver
19th June 2009, 10:36 AM
... Clearing PMs is a pain in the ass; may be a while yet before that happens. ProblemSolver, quit trying to be a mod. That's why.
No problem. ;)

Just a sidenote; I wrote xEik a PN days before, about some off-topic
threads within the WipEout HD thread, but he didn't even answered....

Lance
19th June 2009, 03:57 PM
haha...i was just reading the tags. Did Lance really take the PS3 plunge?

Hell, no, I didn't. I didn't write that tag. :D
The main reason I can see for getting one would be to play HD online; that would be so frustrating because of the ****ed-up way that Sony has handled it so far and because of some of the outside-the-WZ twits who inhabit the races that it just wouldn't be worth it to me. Right now there are other things that give me more fun than a PS3 could. Also I'm just not into gaming the way I was a few years ago. Dunno why.

swift killer
19th June 2009, 04:02 PM
"little kids are not safe" PMSL!

Lance
19th June 2009, 04:11 PM
They're safe from me; I like .. uh... bigger. ;)

mdhay
19th June 2009, 04:23 PM
The tags have hit the fan like ****, it would seem.:D:lol

swift killer
19th June 2009, 09:38 PM
This thread deserves an award lol

ACE-FLO
20th June 2009, 12:14 AM
this thread is bizarre...

KIGO1987
20th June 2009, 12:22 AM
This thread deserves an award lol

Its already been given 5stars by several people.

xEik
20th June 2009, 09:13 AM
Just a sidenote; I wrote xEik a PN days before, about some off-topic
threads within the WipEout HD thread, but he didn't even answered....

I read it but I dismissed as being below the trehshold of relevance. Feel free to contact me when someone breaks the rules Rob feels strongly about (piracy, custom frimware, flames, etc.) Off-topicness just isn't worth the time. And that topic wasn't terribly misplaced. Even though it was about PS3 and not WO HD, I seem to recall the problem occured while playing WO HD.

ProblemSolver
29th June 2009, 10:31 PM
@xEik: No matter what, it's a good practice to answer a PN. Thanx.

mdhay
1st July 2009, 05:10 PM
Also I'm just not into gaming the way I was a few years ago. Dunno why.

Could it be that you, on a subconscious level, do not want to play games anymore?

Lance
1st July 2009, 05:14 PM
Would that be an example of circular, inconclusive analysis? ;)

mdhay
1st July 2009, 05:16 PM
I don't have a clue of what you're on about.:D

Lance
1st July 2009, 05:23 PM
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrre

mdhay
1st July 2009, 05:26 PM
No really, I don't. I can't think lately. Too much Pivot animations on YouTube.:D:lol;)

Lance
1st July 2009, 05:30 PM
If you really don't, then you must be desensitised by your current conditions to the subtleties of logic.

Now, see there? That was an example of circular analysis resulting in no conclusion, no synthesis of data. It simply restated what you said. Which was of course exactly what you did in your reply to my comment that I just didn't seem to feel much like playing videogames lately.

mdhay
1st July 2009, 05:35 PM
So I have just reiterated what you wrote?

Lance
1st July 2009, 05:40 PM
lol. Yes, I believe you just did it again. On purpose. :D

mdhay
1st July 2009, 05:43 PM
Damn, I'm sticking to the New Maths.:P:lol

eLhabib
1st July 2009, 07:02 PM

I just realised, whatever you do, Lance, you can never go offtopic in this thread... ;)

Lance
1st July 2009, 07:03 PM
Not as long as it's about me. ;)

eLhabib
1st July 2009, 07:06 PM
Even if it wasn't, the very fact that you posted <whatever> makes it ontopic! It's Utopia come true!

Lance
1st July 2009, 07:11 PM
Ah, I see what you meant now. When you said "you can never go offtopic in this thread", you were using "you" as specific to me rather than as the general case. Most people use that as both general and specific instead of using "one" as the general impersonal pronoun.

eLhabib
1st July 2009, 07:13 PM
I just realised, whatever you do, Lance, you can never go offtopic in this thread... ;)

I don't see how you could have misread this sentence, seeing as I adressed you directly before the you.

And yes, I know this is all very interesting ;)

Lance
1st July 2009, 07:33 PM
fAscinating. ;)

mdhay
1st July 2009, 07:40 PM
And off - topic.(?);)

Edit: LOL at tag: 'lance hearts mdhay':lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Lance
1st July 2009, 08:39 PM
Did you write that one? I didn't.

mdhay
1st July 2009, 09:02 PM
No, I wrote the one that says I'm acting like a tool.:D

swift killer
2nd July 2009, 11:46 AM
haha the tags are hilarious! "love is in the air" LOL

mdhay
2nd July 2009, 05:26 PM
http://f.imagehost.org/t/0784/DoNotWantMacro.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0784/DoNotWantMacro)

:blarg

ProblemSolver
27th October 2009, 07:59 AM
I somehow miss Lance's comments, where is he gone? :|

Koleax
27th October 2009, 08:07 AM
On a well-earned break, I assume.

Or he just got Wipeout HD Blu-Ray and is completely glued to the screen.

Vartazian
27th October 2009, 08:08 AM
He needs a PS3 for that.

KIGO1987
27th October 2009, 08:29 AM
He does, instead he bought a 360.

Lance doesnt give out as near as many infractions as Task, its odd for me to say this, im starting to want him back soon as well. Of course with a PS3 as well, need to race him online in HD sometime:)

abukii
27th October 2009, 04:09 PM
No doubt. I think Florida got a bad storm recently, so that may explain it. But yea, wheres Lance??

*Tosses out an energon goody*
Bah-weep-grahna,weep-nini-bahn

Surely he'll bite at that.

ACE-FLO
27th October 2009, 04:56 PM
Lance - wherever you are, we hope you aren't too far from the internet! We need you back here at the zone, going offtopic in the most amusing way, posting posts which leave us with raised brow and entertaining us in your own, unique way... oh, and moderating (gulp) :D

Hope you're back soon, buddy! :)

Aeroracer
27th October 2009, 08:30 PM
i heard lance got abducted by aliens...and is enroute to mars at present..i keep you posted on any updates:p

blackwiggle
28th October 2009, 01:52 AM
I can envision Lance when he returns and looks at the posts that have occurred during his absence.

IH8YOU
28th October 2009, 02:17 AM
I only know this much... Lance is alive. I think.

mdhay
28th October 2009, 09:39 AM
No doubt. I think Florida got a bad storm recently, so that may explain it. But yea, wheres Lance??

*Tosses out an energon goody*
Bah-weep-grahna,weep-nini-bahn

Surely he'll bite at that.

Brilliant.xD

Lance
28th October 2009, 02:21 PM
Lance is alive and well, but Lance is avoiding the massive waste of his time and emotional energy required by two of our members. Lance is spending his time on an attempt to develop some visual art and wondering how the hell he is ever going to be able to buy Photoshop CS4, Bryce 6.1, Vue 7, a Wacom tablet, and a new more powerful computer for rendering so he can still have his current laptop for internet. The free stuff just isn't going to cut it. If anyone knows of a free or substantially-cheaper-than-PhotoshopCS4 program that can wrap 2D drawings on 3D objects, please convey the name of this sacred object to Lance. Thank you. :)

Exeunt étage autre.

mdhay
28th October 2009, 02:35 PM
I think GIMP can do that with Blender, maybe even Sketchup can, I'm not sure.

archman
28th October 2009, 02:51 PM
If anyone knows of a free or substantially-cheaper-than-PhotoshopCS4 program that can wrap 2D drawings on 3D objects, please convey the name of this sacred object to Lance.

Defor might give you a good advice. Find him at #wipeoutzone on quakenet. Or maybe he'll see this and respond.

ACE-FLO
28th October 2009, 03:41 PM
... there's always Paint Shop Pro by JASC software - it's pretty good imo, known widely as 'the poor mans photoshop' - well worth the wonga! Get the trial version, if you like it, purchase the licence! Good luck buddy :)

btw, it's good to know you are alive and well! Should I be expecting a new ship design in the 'imagine a new team' thread ;) Go Lance :rock

abukii
28th October 2009, 04:24 PM
@Mdhay-- Im so very glad that someone picked up on that :D:pizza:beer

mdhay
28th October 2009, 04:28 PM
Well, somebody had too.:g

abukii
28th October 2009, 04:29 PM
Agreed:+:+

Lance
28th October 2009, 06:15 PM
Ace, I'm aware of PSP, but can it "wrap 2D drawings on 3D objects"?

mdhay, is that regular GIMP for Linux or for Windows?
I used GIMP for Win some years ago, but it lost.
Presumably that version has been improved a lot by this time.

SketchUp, eh? I have that installed; must check that possibility.

ACE-FLO
28th October 2009, 06:43 PM
Lance, I've not tried making 3D images from 2D ones in PSP (Paint Shop Pro), not sure tbh - but I have exported files made in 2D from PSP to the pulse game servers when creating skins for the game.

What you thinking of designing anyway?

Lance
28th October 2009, 10:24 PM
It isn't making 3D from 2D that I have in mind; it's making 3D forms for ships, rippled cloth, planets, etc., and then I want to draw designs on the flat that can be wrapped onto the solid.

abukii
28th October 2009, 11:09 PM
ZBrush, amigo...thats what you need...that and hundreds of hours of tutorials. You could also use Maya 3D with ZBrush (in conjunction with). Bouquop dollars tho:brickwall;)

mdhay
29th October 2009, 08:46 AM
mdhay, is that regular GIMP for Linux or for Windows?
I used GIMP for Win some years ago, but it lost.
Presumably that version has been improved a lot by this time

Either or, I don't think it matters.

Vartazian
29th October 2009, 09:08 AM
MS Paint.

DONE! :)

Lance
29th October 2009, 02:40 PM
LOL :D

I already use that one, which interestingly, to me anyway, has a facility for easily drawing streamlined aerodynamic shapes that nothing else I've used has. When using the curve line, one can doubleclick at the start of the line while holding pressure on the touchpad of my laptop, then pull the line out past where it should go, then release the pressure on the touchpad. Move the cursor to the side of the line, press and move, then the line becomes an aerofoil profile that can be stretched or fattened and the angle relative to the 'canvas' can be changed. The technique can't be used for precise dimensioned drawings, but for artistic effect, you can wing it.

ZBrush, amigo...thats what you need...that and hundreds of hours of tutorials. You could also use Maya 3D with ZBrush (in conjunction with). Bouquop dollars tho:brickwall;)

So ZBrush works, eh? Well, that's encouraging. I;) doubt that I have the self-discipline for the hundreds of hours of tutorials, and I certainly don't have beaucoup of les dollars, but maybe I'll just get lucky somehow, as so often happens.

Task
29th October 2009, 05:46 PM
maybe I'll just get lucky somehow, as so often happens.
I hope I can get lucky as often as you do when I get older. 8 D

Lance
29th October 2009, 06:31 PM
Good luck sEEms to outweigh virtue, self-discipline, good work habits, and selflessness.

I'm lucky I'm not dead from disease or my own crazy driving. I'm lucky I have a house that I own. I'm lucky that even though I grew up in a society that hated who and what I am and warped my life from what it should have been, that I've still had a lot of happiness and good times. And many people have been willing to go out of their way to help me when I was in difficult circumstances. I don't know why. I am one lucky guy. A lot of people aren't. I'm lucky that my country has not been a military war zone during my lifetime.

abukii
29th October 2009, 09:26 PM
ZBrush is amazing. A friend of mine has a model with something like 5 million pollies (polygons) that hes doing in zbrush. For comparitive purposes, WipEout HD cars have something like 1.2 million. The amount of detail is off the chain.

Lance
29th October 2009, 09:57 PM
}eyebrows rise{

ACE-FLO
29th October 2009, 10:25 PM
ZBrush is amazing.

5million polygons! Bloomin' 'eck! :shock

How far are you with the ship so far, Lance? ;)

abukii
29th October 2009, 11:51 PM
Yes. Eventually it gets down to "splitting an atom". It may not be 5, but I know its HUGE. More than 2, that I know. Ive seen him (the model) built from scratch. Id like to post it, but I really cant without permission and I doubt my friend would let me anyway...its for an uber top-secret game hes working on.

*edit to...* Although all of the suggestions are excellent, it really depends on the amount of detail you want. Where as Sketchup is good, its not nearly as detailed as other progs available. Just be forewarned, ZBrush (www.zbrushcentral.com) is an art...people go to school to learn this. Now, even in Q-S, and even though I am the owner/founder/blah blah...I cant use this program to save my damn life. I like to watch and give feedback. A simple orb can take hours to produce if you go the full stretch and add shadow/ lighting effects. A model/ ship/ skin can take week! But the good news is, simple google searches will get you thousands of hours of classroom effective tutorials. Thats how my friend learned. He started with Maya, moved on to Lightwave 3D and now uses ZBrush in conjunction with one of the two. Sheesh...Im going to have to link him to this post. He loves the attention :)

KIGO1987
30th October 2009, 02:03 AM
What do you do over there in Tampa anyway??

AG-wolf
30th October 2009, 02:13 PM
I grew up in a society that hated who and what I am and warped my life from what it should have been
lol what? Were you a serial murderer or something when you were growing up? hahaha

Lance
30th October 2009, 02:33 PM
I'm a human who's different in some ways from other humans but is similar to them in almost but not quite all ways. Some differences get some people more upset than others. It's a tribalism thing that we humans have built into us genetically. Us versus them. Zoners versus non-Zoners. Xbox vs. PS. Microsoft vs. Linux and Apple. Straights vs. gays. Whites vs. blacks. Chinese versus Indians. Comanche vs. Apache. Be one particular sort of person in a place and time dominated by another sort and you're ***********d. I was always the different one, as perceived by the majority during my first few decades; it changed everything.

----

But anyway, it looks like I'd best be saving my pennies and dollars and eventually hundreds of dollars for PSCS4, which can definitely do what I want.

AG-wolf
30th October 2009, 03:53 PM
ah yes btdt, I'm certainly a f*cked up individual but I guess I haven't encountered too much flak in society aside from high school back in the day. thank god I was never one of those people who was like LOL HIGH SKOOL IS TEH MOST IMPORTENT THING EVAR, f*ck that sh*t- it taught me people were tools and I learned to hide myself well enough afterward hahaha

Lance
30th October 2009, 04:18 PM
It's the hiding that can kill you inside while you're still alive on the outside.

mdhay
30th October 2009, 06:32 PM
Don't I know it.

ACE-FLO
30th October 2009, 09:18 PM
I like to hide - from time to time...

In real life, I sometimes just switch off from friends. I like my "me" time too much. I guess we all hide in some ways - society just isn't ready to accept cold, hard, raw, individualism, no matter how much it claims to embrace it! Just my opinion... :)

Lance
30th October 2009, 10:57 PM
Oh, most of it really really dislikes the non-mediocre.

And when I was a kid, conformity to the standard middle-class values of conventional family, conventional religion, conventional corporate career, and conventional everything else was really .... um... pressed upon everyone. So I was never publically me, since I was different in all those ways, especially the one that was most reviled. By the time I got to university, I could at least be an atheist or a zen Buddhist.

And then the counter-cultural revolution happened, and some things were immediately looser, and other things began to slowly become more tolerated. That was very welcome to me. It was the most interesting era that I've lived through.

AG-wolf
31st October 2009, 05:18 AM
I don't hide much, actually... i guess I should have said it was selective, rather. I can usually gauge groups and individuals and figure out where their boundaries lay, at that point I know how much I'm willing to let out. Totally understand the killing you on the inside bullshit, but unfortunately I am still not in the proper venue that will allow me the simple freedom I ask- but saying it like that makes me sound like an emo f*ck, so it falls back on hiding and bottling things up. boo hoo woe is me, is anyone listening, etc etc etc hahaha

Lance
31st October 2009, 09:22 AM
I don't hide anymore, but I also don't go into the Church of the Holy Avengers of Saint Sebastian, either.

stin
24th July 2010, 06:11 PM
I know he is still alive, only barely!!!, only kidding, I knew you do browsing alot, am I wrong?

Lance
24th July 2010, 06:32 PM
Saint Sebastian, do you mean? ;) Oh, no, he's quite dead, I'm sure.

As for me, yes, I browse a lot online, hours every day, but have been gone from here for months.
Otherwise, I started an account on deviantART.com and do quite a bit of writing there. And pursue my tech and science interests as always. I just bought three new scientific calculators to play with. Me, obsessive?

My most recent gaming activity has been almost entirely on SoulCalibur IV and Forza Motorsports. But of late, not even that. Too much into other things.

Anyway, Stevie, hiya! And thanks for asking. :D

ProblemSolver
24th July 2010, 06:49 PM
Hi Lance, good to see you around!

Scientific calculators are toys of their very own. Some people have
programmed games for them and what not. ;)

Lance
24th July 2010, 06:58 PM
Hi, PS.

RPN rules!
I want to add a Hewlett-Packard 50g to my collection.

mdhay
24th July 2010, 07:20 PM
Hiya lance. :D

Lance
24th July 2010, 07:30 PM
Hey! How's the educational activity going? Have you gotten to Cambridge or Oxford well ahead of your peers, yet? :D

ProblemSolver
24th July 2010, 07:33 PM
The x87 FPU also works in an RPN fashion (stack-based register allocation).
Old-school. :g

mdhay
24th July 2010, 08:13 PM
Hey! How's the educational activity going? Have you gotten to Cambridge or Oxford well ahead of your peers, yet? :D

No, unfortuately, I'm doing a Graphics design diploma at my local college, want to get in the games ind. (not yet though, only finished my exams a few months ago) :P

Besides, Blackburn is ages away from them.

Lance
24th July 2010, 08:13 PM
Good luck to you. I think you may have the skills and the right mentality.

ProblemSolver: I've got an HP-41CX emulator on my desktop. Old school. :)

I also use the Excalibur RPN multi-function calculator on my laptop. But sometimes I just want to sit back in a comfy chair with a hand-held calculator and a paper notebook. With pencil, of course.

I resurrected my twenty-year-old TI-68 with a new battery and cleaned up my first and ancient Casio programmable, which is still working on its original 26 years old CR2025 battery!

The cool thing is that each different calculator seems to have something it does better, faster, more conveniently than any other calculator can do it.

mdhay
24th July 2010, 08:21 PM
Good luck to you. I think you may have the skills and the right mentality.

Cheers, hopefully, I'll understand Hammer properly by then. ;)

Lance
24th July 2010, 08:52 PM
No one will EVer understand M.C. Hammer.... oh, wait, you probably meant something else. :)

mdhay
24th July 2010, 09:17 PM
Hammer World Editor for source, but him too. :g