PDA

View Full Version : LBP + Wipeout

yeldar2097
21st January 2009, 08:36 PM
Just read about some LBP DLC that i'm rather excited about; wipeout costume kits!
i wonder what they'll look like...
maybe it'll inspire me to a killer WO level on LBP. any got any idea what they'll look like?

Zoth-Ommog
21st January 2009, 09:41 PM
Dunno about the costumes, but someone has already made a wipeout related level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFI3aEoiBqY

It's quite short though, i'm sure you could make it twice as long, fast, and cool :)

BARTgai
21st January 2009, 10:07 PM
I hope they're free :)

Amorbis
21st January 2009, 10:11 PM
I'm actually quite excited for some more costumes, especially WipEout ones. I'm guessing they'll be pilot overalls with team logos and colour schemes. If it follows the costume trend set by other sets there will be four designs available individually or all of them together at a discount price. I hope for a Piranha or Feisar costume, they'd have the best colour schemes.

I'm happy to see companies making DLC for Little Big Planet, especially great franchises such as Metal Gear, Street Fighter and WipEout. Maybe we can hope for a WipEout level pack :P.

Darkdrium777
21st January 2009, 11:49 PM
http://community.software.eu.playstation.com/content/games/littlebigplanet/LBP_wipeout_Thumb_Costume.png (http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_GAMES_general_lbp&thread.id=42240)

And they won't be free, pretty sure about that, considering none of these costumes pack were free before...

BARTgai
22nd January 2009, 12:52 AM
Darn :frown:. Lol that feisar costume looks tight! :)

trk_rkd
22nd January 2009, 02:25 AM
Actually that's not true about *none* of the costume packs being free - so far around half a dozen have been free (thanksgiving, plant, kubuki, tv, santa... few others). But yes I imagine a big collection like wipeout will be priced. The charged costume packs have been a little pricey so far IMHO but for wipeout i'll defintely bite.

LBP was definitely my favourite full price game last year and wipeout was my favourite download (awesome pixel junk monsters also got a lot of love) so the combination of the two is great... should be a bit of a laugh. Pity there won't be a level pack though, oh well there are a few user levels already... maybe i'll try one, i've made coaster levels before, if you rigged a rollercoaster up with a spring system between the wheels and the chassis you could perhaps simulate wipeout "floating"... hmmm... maybe a periodically firing rocket on the bottom of the ship to press against the springs and create "bounce"...

Darkdrium777
22nd January 2009, 02:54 AM
These were stand alone costumes. Costume packs, labeled as such on the Store, never are free.

Pere_HD
22nd January 2009, 03:06 AM
That seems to be a lot of funny costumes!! xD
Never been too deeply into LBP, what sometime I will...the problem is that there are too many excellent games to play, and almost no time to play'em.

Anyway, I would dress my sack-boy with the Piranha suit! Yeah!! :rock

djKyoto
22nd January 2009, 03:20 AM
http://community.software.eu.playstation.com/content/games/littlebigplanet/LBP_wipeout_Thumb_Costume.png (http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_GAMES_general_lbp&thread.id=42240)

Oh my god. :lol

AG-wolf
22nd January 2009, 03:47 AM
dig the red star helmet for Qirex on the right there ;)

djKyoto
22nd January 2009, 04:12 AM
I think thats Auricom on the far right.

Piranha - Feisar - Trakis - Auricom.

Spaceboy Gajo
22nd January 2009, 05:22 AM
Merci Darkdrium777 for the pic. I first read the news on PS3Fanboy and it had me wondering how the costumes would look. Imagined it would be just the overalls.

However, I'm digging the ships they represent around them.

It's just too bad that I have no interest in this game whatsoever :( Although I totally applaud Sony for giving us some Wipeout love outside of the game.

eLhabib
22nd January 2009, 07:52 AM
I'd rather they give us some wipEout love inside the game :mad:

Axel
22nd January 2009, 08:23 AM
I agree El, but I'm sure something is down the line dude. All we need is patience. I get the feeling the DLC we will get will be a massive one. Well I'm hoping so :)

stinkleroy
22nd January 2009, 08:33 AM
It's a shame more people weren't interested in LBP, it's such a good game. Most fun I've had online ever, so much so it made my face hurt! Can't wait for Wipeout dlc, should be a good laugh, shame there's no Icaras costume though hehe

lunar
22nd January 2009, 08:39 AM
I think LBP is amazing and hilarious, and I loved the beta, but I won`t buy the full game because I just don`t have time to appreciate it. PSN games suit me better.

I find it encouraging that Sony think Wipeout HD is worthy of dressing their poster-boy and being in their flagship game. I`ll be surprised if in the long run the only Wipeout HD DLC is in a different game. :)

yeldar2097
22nd January 2009, 11:24 AM
lbp makes for some classic times, and it's really easy to get into with a couple of mates and that.

i'm currently working a level similar to the one in the link but also incorporating a ship that you can actually 'fly'. i'll let you know when i'm done.

maybe if we all get the DLC they'll push the DLC we all REALLY want forwards.
come on sl, you know you want to.

big_lozbowski
22nd January 2009, 01:14 PM
Hey, I guess It'll be about $10 for the costumes and the Content pack. the MGS Pack was more but that had levels. a four pack of costumes is normally about $5

I am really excited about this. I love LBP!

chaos80
22nd January 2009, 01:18 PM
darn :frown:. Lol that feisar costume looks tight! :)

I LOL'ed

zeeZ
22nd January 2009, 03:01 PM
WipEout costumes (and some more) have just been confirmed on the PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/22/little-delay-to-littlebigplanet-content/) for the week of February 19.

Supersonic Sackboy
In February why not pick up the pace and splash out on the WipEout content pack. Containing the WipEout (http://www.wipeouthd.com) costume kit and plenty of stickers to add some flavour to your game, this is a very cool pack indeed.

AG-wolf
22nd January 2009, 03:25 PM
I think thats Auricom on the far right.

Piranha - Feisar - Trakis - Auricom.

well that doesn't make sense :/

Amorbis
22nd January 2009, 05:42 PM
That Auricom does look a bit funny, it appears to have the body of Qirex with the Auricom stylings :?.

If these do come with a content pack I think I might get them. I can replace my long serving Raiden sack boy with a Piranha one.

TheFrostE
22nd January 2009, 06:04 PM
ill be picking it up for sure....me and AG wolf have actually worked on protoype wipeout tracks in LBP...expect something awsome sometime

Darkdrium777
23rd January 2009, 11:06 PM
A friend told me they were free, wondering where he saw that.
I didn't see anywhere it was going to be paid for, so I'm just assuming according to the previous costume packs.
I might be wrong, so if you can post a link where it says they will be free (The wipeout ones), thanks :) :+

darkfaerytales
19th February 2009, 10:29 PM
who of you have get it today?

Danterich
20th February 2009, 01:25 PM
I purchased it yesterday evening and immediately jumped into the Piranha-costume. Cute :D And i also placed several team-logo-stickers all over my control-pod :lol But IMO €2,99 is one too much! I´m looking forward to play/create "wipeout-levels"..but i´m a LBP-noob yet! I hope to play LBP with some Zoners in the future.