PDA

View Full Version : My Soldner X playthrough...finally out!

TheFrostE
19th January 2009, 01:47 AM
http://youtube.com/travisfrosty

well its finally out, took me forever to configure the video capture to direct cap from my ps3 but im finally done...had to split each level into 2 parts due to youtube video limits.

its a compilation of one playthrough using 1 credit on normal mode. there are a few obvious mistakes i made in certain areas (especially boss 3 and right before the final boss.... god that weapon bomb accident was rediculous, funny we were just talking about that...) but it ended up being my highest score on normal mode yet and still holding in the Top 3 global records. ill be doing my next videos on impossible or nightmare mode for some really craziness to show people.

hope you guys enjoy, and hopefully it shows the people that think the game is WAY too hard that it is very possible to do this with practice.

The finally part is uploading right now...its at 30% and its the second half of final level, so hang tight for that one!

b4p
19th January 2009, 02:43 AM
thanks, i'll have to check this game out sometime

djKyoto
19th January 2009, 04:27 AM
Cheers. :D

Mad-Ice
19th January 2009, 07:14 AM
I just lost you several times! Even on normal mode this looks too busy for me! Crazy game for crazy people I guess. Big thumbs up Travis, you rock.

yeldar2097
19th January 2009, 10:00 AM
oh my sainted aunt you're good! i shall now attempt to emulate you in the hope that i can get past stage 2.

Darkdrium777
19th January 2009, 01:37 PM
Missing a Stage 4 part 3? I want to see the end of the shuriken boss. :(

TheFrostE
19th January 2009, 06:05 PM
omg darkdrium...yes i am...ive got to fix that up...thanks for heads up

ALSO: is there any one who can speak German that can translate the radio messages you hear before boss fights and in the middle of the levels...always wondered what they are saying to you...:p

Darkdrium777
19th January 2009, 06:35 PM
Oh yes I probably could, the problem is that you're always firing 50 bazillion lasers at the same time and I can't hear what he's saying :lol

Stage 5 pt2: Warning: The last boss stands before you (Or something like that)

yeldar2097
19th January 2009, 06:39 PM
i could but i don't get far enough to hear them :( transcript anyone?

lunar
19th January 2009, 06:58 PM
I love these sort of games, and I like them to be tough and scary to play, but I have never been that good at one! Good stuff FrostE. :D

yeldar2097
19th January 2009, 07:01 PM
yeah they're one of my faves. has anyone seen the one that someone made on LBP? it's much easier but it pretty cool to say the least.

TheFrostE
19th January 2009, 08:09 PM
ya ive seen the xevious remake and RR3000s collection of them. very cool stuff. better than my levels, but hey...thanks for tht translation xavier, keep em coming ;p

djKyoto
19th January 2009, 11:07 PM
How are you with other shumps FrostE?

I'd like to see you try something a big harder, like Ikaruga, or Mushihimesama Futari Black Label (God mode) ;)

TheFrostE
19th January 2009, 11:58 PM
well for one soldner is the HARDEST shmup i have played...even though i might make it look easy at times. Ikaruga was VERY easy for me. had it for Gamecube and got it down to a science to where i didnt have to shoot one enemy except the bosses to play through. it was much easier than soldner X.

Soldner X on nightmare mode is more difficult than any shmup ive ever played hands down. but if youd like , give me one to try and ill play it through and post some videos :)