PDA

View Full Version : Re-encoding VOB files to AVI

TheFrostE
17th January 2009, 09:41 PM
me and ag wolf went out last week and i picked up a nice new SATA western digital hard drive, dazzle, with the pinnacle software,and some AV/SCART plugs.

now my ps3/TV is hooked up for direct video capture to my PC.
ive recorded videos already and they obviously come out in VOB format since its DVD. but i need to compress/re-encode the VOB files into AVI...something i can upload to youtube or whatever.

AG-wolf is on a trip right now so we wont be able to fiddle with it until next weekend when hes back home here. but im impatient since i just recording my first full soldner x playthrough on 1 credit and want to upload it ASAP :p

thoughts or ideas on how it can be done?

Darkdrium777
17th January 2009, 09:50 PM
Have you tried SUPER by eRightSoft (http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html)?

Instructions to download (The main website is a mess, so you'll need them)

Click on my link.
Scroll down the entire page and click on ''Start Downloading SUPER ©''.
After the first red paragraph inside a red rectangle, you should see, written in blue ''download and use'', click on that.
Now, if you are running NoScript in Firefox, make sure to allow ''erightsoft.net'', reload the page, and allow ''erightsoft.biz''
Scroll down the entire page.
You should see ''Download SUPER © setup file'', click on that.
Download starts, once it's done, install and enjoy. :)

If you need any help for conversion, come back here again ;)

yeldar2097
17th January 2009, 09:51 PM
so are you just trying to convert vob to avi?
if so here's the one i use, it's free as well, just in case that's an issue.
http://www.autogk.me.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads
looking forward to seeing the results. gosh i'm excited

TheFrostE
17th January 2009, 10:11 PM
i have autogk...it doesnt work for VOB files. or at least when me and ag wolf ran some tests it didnt

Darkdrium777
17th January 2009, 10:19 PM
Super does VOB. ;)

TheFrostE
18th January 2009, 01:14 AM
when encoding to AVI should i use the Xvid support or Divx option?

Darkdrium777
18th January 2009, 01:41 AM
DivX. (Yeah I had to put the . because DivX is too short)

zeeZ
18th January 2009, 02:22 AM
Is there any reason you're doing AVI? I'd do a proper h.264 .mp4 instead of DivX. Never got good quality out of DivX at sane file sizes.. Unless I was doing something wrong all these years

TheFrostE
18th January 2009, 04:31 AM
ok well i got them all done, good quality and all....now im just pissed at youtube because i cant upload videos longer than 10 F'ing minutes. anybody have an old director account they dont use :p... now im gonna have to cut each level thing into parts ... yay :(

IH8YOU
19th January 2009, 02:26 PM
I use me some Handbrake. It does everything but wash my dishes - but I heard they're beta testing that!

Bummer part about Handbrake - no love for PCs, appears to be Apple only. :(