PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else notice how much original PS3's go for now?

blackwiggle
17th January 2009, 04:04 AM
I was just having a look at the Aus/NZ Playstation forum, and somebody was bitching that they didn't know that the PS3 is no longer backward compatible.

One of the moderators pointed out that this had been the case for over a year now, and that the original PS3's are getting basically double their original purchase price on Ebay.

I had my doubts about this statement,so I just did a quick check.

He's right.:eek
I'm surprised.

I just had a look at some old PS1 games......crikey! the prices they are asking for original first editions of any of the Final Fantasy series with the picture disc's.:eek:eek

Looks like I might be retiring soon.;)

IH8YOU
17th January 2009, 06:39 AM
I have the Black-Label FFVII - AND - A 60GB PS3!

401k's are for Sukkahs! 8)

yeldar2097
17th January 2009, 10:58 AM
looks like early adoption has a plus side to counter the gaping hole in my wallet.
maybe i'll sell my 60gb...

infoxicated
17th January 2009, 11:54 AM
I'm at the point where, if they refresh the PS3 later this year with maybe a different design or bigger hard drive, I'd probably sell my backwards compatible 60Gb model and get a new one.

The PS3 games are getting to the level of quality where it's a very rare occasion when I go back and play a PS2 game. And even then, I have a PS2 stashed somewhere that I can dig out if need be.

blackwiggle
17th January 2009, 02:12 PM
I'd sell mine as well, but I got an extra 3 year extended warranty on mine,so even if the worse happened [dying on me] I'm covered for the next 3 years, so there doesn't seem much point.
I've kept my old "Fat" PS2,even though I have a original PS3 there is still the issue of it not playing back all PS2 games [or not fully],and the PS2 is plugged into a non HD set,as even upscaled by the PS3 the PS1 + 2 games look very pixelated and blocky on a HD set in comparison to new titles.