PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD Online Issues?

Pages : 1 [2]

DeepMix
7th May 2009, 02:44 AM
i still cant connect after updating it but at least the game doesnt freezes anymore at the loading screen..... hope the fix it forever someday.

elhabib could u please send another email to SL about the neverending bug :( thanks

d4onps
7th May 2009, 03:01 AM
nope I can't get online still, and in addition the new account I made to get online is being randomly disconnected in the middle of games after the 1.40 update. now really all hopes of playing online have been diminished. gotta be thankful SL is working with us and trying to do their best to sort out all these issues. i just hope this bug that affects me as well as many others will be sorted out soon. until then, my ps3 is a shiny paperweight.

eLhabib
7th May 2009, 09:43 AM
elhabib could u please send another email to SL about the neverending bug :( thanks

I did, yesterday. Still awaiting response.
d4onps, just create a new account in the meanwhile...

Wip3ou7
8th May 2009, 11:14 AM
I did, yesterday. Still awaiting response.
d4onps, just create a new account in the meanwhile...

hope you have Wip3ou7pure on that list... this is really :turd

eLhabib
8th May 2009, 06:13 PM
As I said before: don't wait for them to fix it - create a new account. I know it sucks, but if you want to play, don't hesitate.

sirsilver
9th May 2009, 04:13 PM
I`m also having network issues when trying to connect using my silver-surver id, but when i use my Emerald-Sheen id i connect with no problems at all.

King_Of_Kings_21
9th May 2009, 08:09 PM
As I said before: don't wait for them to fix it - create a new account. I know it sucks, but if you want to play, don't hesitate.

Yes, but I've to take only one trophy (AG Assassin) for the Platinum Throphy...:(

Wip3ou7
10th May 2009, 06:04 AM
Honestly I dont want to play online under another name and I wont play it online untill they fix it.

eLhabib
10th May 2009, 10:23 AM
Don't hold your breath then...

blackwiggle
10th May 2009, 12:07 PM
If I remember correctly form one of Elhabibs more recent posts about the stae of this situation was that SL have come to the decision that it is a PSN problem,and hence in the hands of SCEE.

Whitch if true to form,means absolutely nothing will be done about it

sirsilver
10th May 2009, 02:05 PM
I`m actually inclined to believe that it is indeed PSN related, as i cannot connect to the Red Bull leaderboards or the Red Bull race on Playstation Home with my silver-surver ID.

blackwiggle
10th May 2009, 02:33 PM
The BIG problem is.
Are the problems we are getting caused by the 2.70 PSN update which occurred 2 days prior to the 1.30 patch.
OR the 1.30 patch itself.
It's not that we actually had any chance to tell the difference is it really?

What was added in the 2.70 PSN update.... Chat Function

Could this be taking away bandwidth [even if it is not used] it is still allocated a certain amount of "Lay-by" processing power by proxy by the OS since the update thus being the tipping point of where HD became dysfunctional?

NUD3
10th May 2009, 03:07 PM
it's very unlikely that this problem has anything to do with PS3 fw 2.7, since some of us are getting it since January, long after the previous fw and long before de next one.. :/

also, I don't see how can it be a PSN related problem... doesn't make much sense since WipEout HD its the only game having problems... :/

and if we consider all the issues with the game since launch (online problems with the 50+ friends lists, audio problems with some HDD brands, update problems in some patchs...), its VERY unlikely that this "network error" one is on PSN side... :/

blackwiggle
10th May 2009, 03:40 PM
But then again it's the ONLY game that is truly 1080p from head to toe.

I still think it is buffer issues within the console and what it being asked to do all at the same time,by both the subdivisions of the OS and the peculiarities of a 1080p game whilst online.
The problems seldomly manifest themselves whilst offline.

PippyBaggingCat
13th May 2009, 07:38 AM
Hello, I'm new here and I've already a question for you all :)

Everytime i try to play online, I get a network error message saying:
"An error occurred while contacting the server. Please try again."

My PSN ID is: PippyBaggingCat

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much guys!!!!

kiwiatlarge
13th May 2009, 07:57 AM
I'm having the same issue connecting to the server.. Seems to have happened after maxing my friends list...

PSNID: kiwiatlarge

Wip3ou7
13th May 2009, 08:23 AM
Well that's f'ing lame. My favorite game is ruined now. I really wish someone would solve this problem.

eLhabib
13th May 2009, 10:06 AM
I said it before (which you can read if you'd bother to read the whole thread) and I'll say it again: SCEE are aware of this and working on it. In the meanwhile, you could create a new account and play on that.

King_Of_Kings_21
13th May 2009, 12:39 PM
Have anyone try to delete some Friend from he's list?

eLhabib
13th May 2009, 12:44 PM
That is not the cause of and solution to the problem.

sirsilver
13th May 2009, 07:36 PM
Patience is the key here, just got to ride with it till the issue is resolved and i`m confident it will be sorted out:pc

crawdad62
14th May 2009, 05:38 AM
Got disconnected in an 12 race tournament tonight. Not sure if it's me or the servers but since I'm on here I'm assuming it's the servers. I tried a bunch of time to re-connect but couldn't. Too bad to since it was a close tournament. phillippe1970 (I think) giving me all I could handle. I sure hope it was the server. I'd hate to think he thought I quit on him.

blackwiggle
14th May 2009, 07:20 AM
The servers were having maintenance today/ last night, and will be again on Saturday Australia time GMT +10 [4.30pm - 6.30pm ] 2 hours approx.

ṪḞỤ
14th May 2009, 11:33 AM
THE FUC|{!!! Now it's gotten me, too. I can't even connect.
If I play offline all my new records are saved as »player«.

What is this?! You guys think just waiting will solve this?

...oh, and btw: Hi all! ;) My last wipEout was wip3out and
since I got a PS3 about 3 weeks ago, of course my first dl
was HD! :D

djKyoto
14th May 2009, 02:05 PM
Since 2.76, I havn't had any vista pads, or issues with BR's.

blackwiggle
14th May 2009, 05:16 PM
Me either,a bit early to determine if it is finally fixed,but it might of been a combination of 2.70 upgrade we got 2 days prior to the 1.30 patch and the 1.30.
Now with 2.76 and 1.40 we should be good [he say's hopefully,we will see]

All they have to fix now is getting online with original user name for all those that are suffering from that.

Constrictor
14th May 2009, 05:50 PM
Since 2.76, I havn't had any vista pads, or issues with BR's.

vista pads -> negative (means I got 'em, but has to be a latency issue)
BRs -> don't know - I'm not that good w/ BR and D-pad

KIGO1987
14th May 2009, 08:03 PM
Yeap i was racing with you to then as well.

There where both dud [offline weapons pad] as well as vista pads in the game [active weapon pads with no response].

2.76 does make the gameplay a tad better

But i still get lag, and i tried Icarus online, and its still a bit of a heavy ship to use around with.

Connavar
15th May 2009, 01:54 PM
Only had time to do 3 races, but those were flawless: no BR issues nor Vista
pads... :) I'll have to play more to know if this was pure luck or not.

ṪḞỤ
15th May 2009, 02:00 PM
It seems as everything's fine again over here, too. *fingerscrossed*

blackwiggle
15th May 2009, 02:19 PM
Everything was looking good there for a while.
I don't know if the reason things reverted back to vista pads and no BR's because not all people might of updated to 2.76 ,as it seems it's an optional upgrade.

Constrictor
15th May 2009, 03:24 PM
Well, I did the 2.76 UG - and vistapdas (both flavors) are real for me. BRs are somewhat different. Withing some races they don't work at all (<50%) - even w/ LRLR/RLRL.. pad-atrocity, other times I'm not able to complete the BR and get a -15% BR penalty - sucks big time!

What I recently experienced in races where I suppose lag is extremely high and vista pads are present, that there are mines and bombs spontaneously appearing in front of me :redface: . First I thought I just wasn't watchful enough, but later I got prove for myself that I am watchful but the mines are just not there until I only have 5/100th of a second left to react. I'm too old to get this done w/o hitting the obstacle :dizzy. Another thing related to this: mines are not in line w/ the ship that deploys them. Not funny when you try to follow someone with an offset to avoid bombs/mines and ... stall/boom.

crawdad62
15th May 2009, 03:43 PM
I'm not able to complete the BR and get a -15% BR penalty - sucks big time!

Amen to that! Really sucks not being able to BR but sucks even worse when you're still assessed the penalty. Happened to me a bunch last night. It's getting so I'm scared to even do one since one it probably won't work and two it'll zap my power just the same.

superpj1
20th May 2009, 01:48 AM
Hi everybody, I'm not sure if it has been discussed before, but since the first Wipeout HD update, I can't play online anymore. I tried to uninstall the game, reinstall it and update it, but the bug remains : when i want to go online it says I can't connect to the server.

KIGO1987
20th May 2009, 09:57 AM
Worst game connection ever. ****ing horrible.

5:30pm GMT+8 20/05/2009. Bullshit came true.

Complete ****ing utter ****.

Couldnt BR on Vineta

Got Zero weapons on Moa

Couldnt even see the other players on Sol2.... WTF!

blackwiggle
20th May 2009, 12:00 PM
I had about 5 races yesterday and then quit.
Didn't seem any point,craft handled like a brick,no weapons,ghost craft.etc etc

Even when I hosted a no weapon tournament craft handling was not as it should be and BR's only worked occasionally.

This is so frustrating.

silverfoxy
20th May 2009, 12:05 PM
I blame it on your dodgy Australian broadband !! :g

Haven't been online with Wipeout since Sunday night and I had no issues with anything then but it was all english people.

JABBERJAW
20th May 2009, 05:38 PM
once again begging to put back as it was in the beginning before any updates. At least until the stuff is fixed. I don't see a problem with doing this. People are seriously hating the game right now, for good reasons. If it is not fixable, then it should be gone, if it is fixable, it should be gone until it is fixed, and we all would be happy when it returns and there is no problems any more. I love 20 lap races, but not at the expense of picking a feisar, and getting qirex handling. Is it really that hard to just get rid of this update until it is taken care of and working correctly? Is it worth all of the "hate speech" against it, when it can be downgraded until all is working well? I don't get the stubborness here, or so it seems at least. It has been weeks of playing like this. It sucks to say the least, luckily for me, I am practicing other games for the tourney, but there is no reason for this it seems to me. EVEN if this is getting worked on, for the love of wipeout, put it back until it is fixed.

stoneygate
20th May 2009, 09:05 PM
I'm in the Uk and have just finished 3+ hours online without any problems at all, no Vista pads or the errors others seem to get. I have a good broadband connection while it's in a busy residential area. Must just be down to luck where you live...

DividedXZero
20th May 2009, 09:35 PM
I'm at 50/50 with vista pads and BR's.
But what really sets me off (like in UM or CP) i SEE the race leader BR but i cant. I feel so cheated when this happens :mad:
What else could i do? follow my best racing line, adjust as needed to compensate for vista pads, and hope that when i input BR (even continuously when the initial input doesnt take) it gives it to be before i land if it even gives it to me at all.

(even failed to get my br when i launched myself with a turbo, more than enough time to register it but i was denied) :brickwall

blackwiggle
21st May 2009, 06:38 PM
Raced tonight and no problems ,well apart from racing through Cambodia for the vast majority.

stoneygate
22nd May 2009, 09:02 PM
Well here's the thing, for the first time EVER, this evening during 3 hours of racing I had my first Vista pads and my Mirage handled like a different craft at times...

It's difficult to imagine it's a result of 1.3 or 1.4 as it's never happened before for me.

Hmm.

DeepMix
26th May 2009, 07:34 PM
well seems the online problem persists or at least for me :(

whats going on SL ...... im miss wipeout online :( it isnt the same to play with a sub account

Rapier Racer
26th May 2009, 10:01 PM
Usually I don't encounter problems online but this afternoon I experienced the so called 'vista' pads here and there, one guy in particular had a really jumpy ship couldn't plasma his ass highly annoying. :paperbag

Constrictor
27th May 2009, 06:56 AM
Hey, I was racing you yesterday and thought wtf is happening ... most laggy races ever for me. Not only vista pads and not working BRs but also some strange weapon behavior like rockets hitting me that were fired in front of me - not kidding. Players off course/track and spontaneous bomb and mines appearances. I switched a few times the game hoster and even when hosting my own few races it lagged heavy.

Does anyone have an idea how this WOHD online architecture (server, client and network) is set up?

kanar
27th May 2009, 07:59 AM
... one guy in particular had a really jumpy ship couldn't plasma his ass highly annoying. :paperbag

LOL, good one. I personally think this game went crazy since the updates (online mode). But as these issues have been discussed everywhere else lol, I'll just go back to the topic of this thread; the abducted IDs. Kanar psn ID disappeared in the SL servers on january 31. THIS IS the major problem of this game. There's probably hundreds of people who stopped to play online cos' they even don't know they can play through a different account. Seriously, is this issue the most complicated stuff to solve in the world?

blackwiggle
27th May 2009, 09:53 AM
The buck has been passed to SCEE on the original PSNid's that can't get online.

SL said it was a PS network problem

KIGO1987
27th May 2009, 10:07 AM
I was racing in Pulse last night had some shiity lag, then but there are zero Vista Pads in Pulse opposed to that in Wipeout HD, where Vista pads rules.

kanar
27th May 2009, 11:13 AM
The buck has been passed to SCEE on the original PSNid's that can't get online.

SL said it was a PS network problem

yeah & SCEE has probably passed the buck to the Ewoks of Endor now. Seriously this is absolutely not professional. I bought 2 or 3 ps1, 3 ps2, 3 psp & I'm about to buy a 2nd ps3 cos' mine is a boeing now. I'm not the only geek who made sony rich these past few years. I feel hurt to see they don't pay much attention to the people who cleary invested huge sums of money into the playstation universe. I just want to be treated as a consumer, not more. I want my fkin psn ID back on wipeout, and a bug-free online universe.

yeldar2097
27th May 2009, 03:51 PM
*sigh*
yeldar2097 has been successfully network errored out of existence
offline here i come...

lunar
27th May 2009, 05:11 PM
Sorry about your profile, Yeldar :( At least you can be sure that those Ewoks will be working on the problem as fast as those furry little fellas can manage. Really, it looks like we`ll all end up this way eventually, its just a matter of time and I will be very annoyed too, I`m sure.

DeepMix
1st June 2009, 03:39 PM
i dont know what SL is thinking but i want my account fixed or im not buying any addon :(

we have waited to much right guys

Teknoman
1st June 2009, 03:39 PM
Got directed to the site via the official NA playstation forums, having the same Network error problems.

Actually, for some reason I haven't been able to connect to the online lobby since the game's launch. Always gives me the "Network Error" screen on my default user/PSN ID, yet if I log in on a random newly made account, it goes to the lobby no problem. So because of this, I know it's not my network settings or anything.

This is the only game that has this strange problem as well.

Whats messed up is that a new expansion to the game is set to release, and I still cant play online :blarg

DeepMix
1st June 2009, 04:17 PM
ok now im mad lol Elhabib could u please tell me the SL email? i would like to send them an email about this:mad:

eLhabib
1st June 2009, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure I can. But I will definitely write them again.

DeepMix
1st June 2009, 04:26 PM
ok then :( thanks a lot

eLhabib
1st June 2009, 04:43 PM
Please understand this. Everyone wants their contact, but then they would just get spammed. I will do my best to make them aware of the issue, once again.

Wip3ou7
2nd June 2009, 03:55 AM
Yes I am getting really f'ing fed up about this. As much as I want to play the new content I will definately not spend a cent more on this game until I can play online again. Once again for the record the account affected is my main PSN ID, Wip3ou7pure. It really sucks because I promote the hell out of this game on my youtube channel, but I've been hiding the ugly truth in hopes that the problem would have been resolved by now...

chboing
2nd June 2009, 10:00 AM
spaming them could be a solution.
In a french mind, spamig could be alike getting on strike and go into the street to make them hear us better :) we like that, and it proved to be efficient a lots of time !

Your email could easily be forgotten into a mailbox, whereas 150 mails woudnt kill their mail provider, and would make a more visible request, without beeing tooo annoying.

I would add that some people here may have technical means you dont have eLhabib, to get more information on this problem, but couldnt send them to SL or scee or whoever without passing through you. which is not a real problem because you look very dedicated to the task yourself, but could be boring for you in a long term.
And i dont mention the fact you could loose access to the internet, and thus preventing any further communication with them...

edit : i'm happy i dont have this problem ... it sucks, maybe you should start to compare all you configurations and stuff to search for similarities ? (i know i know, it's not a config problem since you can log in with another psnid... but i've seen strange bugs in my life, and this wouldnt be to much of a waste time i think....)

eLhabib
2nd June 2009, 12:06 PM
Chboing, I've had back-and-forth e-mail contact with both SL and SCEE back in january already, discussing this issue, trying out several fixes, 2 of which worked for about one week before things went back to disfunctional. I think the guy at SCEE I was in contact with has either given up or is not working there anymore, since I don't receive feedback from him anymore. But I am, and will continue to be making SL aware of the issue still existing.

EDIT: Just sent of another e-mail to SL, will inform you about feedback, as always.

lunar
2nd June 2009, 12:16 PM
spaming them could be a solution.
In a french mind, spamig could be alike getting on strike and go into the street to make them hear us better :) we like that, and it proved to be efficient a lots of time !

Clearly what you need to do is park a load of 1930`s tractors and lorries outside Studio Liverpool, phone Sky News and then stay there until the lost PSN id`s are returned. ;)

I`m kind of hopeful that HD Fury will include a load of bug fixes. I wonder if it could be almost a new game and fix some of the issues with HD. We know it has a new name and new front end already. Purely speculation on my part of course :paperbag

Darkdrium777
2nd June 2009, 04:26 PM
New front-end and new hud which we've seen in the video ;)
I am FURIOUS :mad: that this issue is still not fixed. Well, it's a joke, but common fix it already. :/

Xavier
2nd June 2009, 06:56 PM
Embarrassing question, but what's a Vista Pad?

(Can't seem to find a definition for it on Google, but you guys are using it like it's a common word... )

DividedXZero
2nd June 2009, 09:14 PM

(Can't seem to find a definition for it on Google, but you guys are using it like it's a common word... )

We call inactive weapon pads "Vista Pads". To my understanding, the reason why is simply because they don't work or are "broken" much like windows Vista (or parts of Vista), I dont use Vista, so i dont know 1st hand.

*Corrections or clarifications on this welcomed.

Connavar
3rd June 2009, 09:23 AM
Yeah I don't know who created this name (kanar maybe?), but indeed,
Windows Vista is deceptive: it looks nice and clean and fully functionnal,
but in fact it doesn't work :D Just like those pads.

stinkleroy
3rd June 2009, 09:25 AM
Vista pads phrase belongs to KIGO :lol

yeldar2097
4th June 2009, 08:55 PM
All your vista pads are belong to KIGO :lol
Kitsune-2097 = yeldar2097 reincarnate :twisted

Spece2goin
5th June 2009, 12:26 PM
Windows vista always worked fine, with a good machine.

so pads work fine with a good connection

and Kigo don't have both machine and connection ^^

but don't worry, you will have the possibility to fire rockets in eliminator mode!

LOUDandPROUD
5th June 2009, 12:51 PM
I agree about Vista, as I use it without issue. But, I have a great internet connection (30mbps) and still experience Vista pads.

KIGO1987
5th June 2009, 03:39 PM

Ha.

That’s quite funny when you thing about it. Sorry about you wandering around on the net trying to find the definition of a “Vista pad”. Lol.

Vista Pads are pads that are, highlighted ‘on’, but when you fly over them you get ‘zero response’. Very much like the reliable Windows Vista which gives users ‘zero response’ all the time.

We call inactive weapon pads "Vista Pads". To my understanding, the reason why is simply because they don't work or are "broken" much like windows Vista (or parts of Vista), I dont use Vista, so i dont know 1st hand.

*Corrections or clarifications on this welcomed.

Very very very true, lol.

Yeah I don't know who created this name (kanar maybe?), but indeed,
Windows Vista is deceptive: it looks nice and clean and fully functionnal,
but in fact it doesn't work :D Just like those pads.

Lol. It was me that created the term, “Vista Pads”. Im a very much hated user of that OS.

Vista pads phrase belongs to KIGO :lol

Lol. Very true.

All your vista pads are belong to KIGO :lol
Kitsune-2097 = yeldar2097 reincarnate :twisted

Microsoft Windows Cuntbox Empire (aka Skynet) has contaminated the PSN.

ACE-FLO
5th June 2009, 03:45 PM
I heard Miles Dyson has indeed invented a faulty Terminator at Skynet Kigo... they coulda had the worlds best combat soldiers but decided to invest in Microsoft technologies - Now they got a Terminator which says "Hasta la Vista... vista... vista... ****! I'll be back... error! error! error!"

Skynet, humph!!!

KIGO1987
5th June 2009, 03:48 PM
*blue screen*

LOUDandPROUD
5th June 2009, 08:17 PM
I'm not opposed to Vista, but that's still hilarious :lol:lol:lol:lol

Spece2goin
6th June 2009, 01:06 AM
*blue screen*

yes, like the pads on eliminator mode :hyper
wonder if there still are vista pads even if they are supposed to be always active...

anyway : blue screen on vista? :?

blackwiggle
6th June 2009, 02:21 AM
One for KIGO ,Jeremy Clarkson review computers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnlDV5vAZy8

ACE-FLO
6th June 2009, 02:56 AM
haha good one! What a knob that old man is... I just cant understand why top gear put an oafish, technophobic moron inside of a state of the art sports car for us to listen to his quasi-idiotic opinions... yes, it's entertaining blubber but hardly useful info.

IMO, If someone had linked a pic of Clarkson in this thread, that woulda got a giggle outta me... the guy just looks a mess... At least he aint James May, that would suck!

KIGO1987
6th June 2009, 03:08 AM
yes, like the pads on eliminator mode :hyper
wonder if there still are vista pads even if they are supposed to be always active...

anyway : blue screen on vista? :?

Better not be any ****ing Vista pads in Eliminator....... I wont be happy.

One for KIGO ,Jeremy Clarkson review computers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnlDV5vAZy8

Look at 0:14 at that video. **** Clarkson's teeth are demented. Do all Englishmen have demented teeth like that?

Lol, heres a shiity grany verson of one too, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8U3Zjxs1s&feature=channel_page

Futurespect
17th June 2009, 06:24 PM
I've recently moved house and it still doesn't work. New BT line, new ISP, and I even updated the router firmware because it was quite old.

It's beyond our control. The hope and worry is whether Fury will work? If it does, great - job done. But if they have discovered a fix for Fury why aren't we getting a patch?

I really think it's time for us to try contacting a respected publication/site to see if they'll run the story. SL just aren't bothered because our number is too small. If not for this forum we'd be in the cold, making futile attempts to converse with SCEE. The threat of bad PR seems like the only course of action after six months of being ignored.

(Fury's a good name.)

Darkdrium777
17th June 2009, 08:31 PM
*Ahem* (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6302)

;)

Futurespect
23rd June 2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks mate.

That's a real turn-up for the books; I'd given up hope ages ago. I didn't expect anything after a full six months of being affected.

GreenPhazon
24th June 2009, 03:08 PM
Look at 0:14 at that video. **** Clarkson's teeth are demented. Do all Englishmen have demented teeth like that?

I'd like to say no...

bluermlou
5th August 2009, 05:15 PM
hey all,

signed up for this site cause im kind of at my wits end trying to get online with Wipeout HD/Fury. i was able to get online up until several months ago. tried searching online for solutions but to no avail.

in a nutshell, im getting the dreaded "Network Error - there was an error contacting the server" msg whenever i try to login to wipeout to play an online match. mind you ALL of my other PS3 games i can play online with no problem, it seems to be only this game that is vexing me.

what i've already tried to do to remedy the situation:

logging off psn at the xmb, starting wipeout then logging in through the game - error from PSN saying i can't login - error 80710b23 - yet as soon as i quit the game, my ps3 logs into PSN with no problems.

creating 2nd psn account to start from scratch - network error

reinstalling the game entirely from scratch - in this order:
wipeout hd demo
unlock code
2.01 patch
fury addon

after this reinstall, i still cannot login to play any online matches. this time around i dont get the network error screen - after 2 or 3 minutes of the game thinking about whether it wants to log me in or not, it just boots me back to the main menu.

here's the specs of my machine:

Game region version [EU or what]: USA
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 2.01 Fury
Firmware version: 2.80
Console version and harddrive size: PS3 40 GB
Custom soundtrack, yes or no:no
Controller type: DualShock 3 Six Axis
Options settings:
Track [if any] where error occurs:
Online/Offline: Network Error, can't get online, error 80710b23, etc - can get online with all other PSN and PS3 games.

PSN ID - bluermlou

any one have ideas on how i can get this fixed? im just at every level of frustration you can imagine with this game right now.

thanks.

finngers
5th August 2009, 05:26 PM
Well I can't get online at all at the moment, is the network down for wipeout fury or are other people still able to connect to the online play?

Aeroracer
5th August 2009, 05:27 PM
:dizzy:dizzy:dizzyDOnt know:dizzy:dizzy:dizzy

had similar problem with psp wipeout..they told me to update the ps system software, that fixed my issue...maybe it'll work for you too.

Edit "network is down:turd" "Computer says No

bluermlou
5th August 2009, 05:30 PM
im at the most recent ps3 firmware.. :(

finngers
5th August 2009, 05:33 PM
Edit "network is down:turd" "Computer says No

So are you able to get online at the moment or aren't you? I can't tell what you mean from that, sorry :)

Edit: I just noticed the trophies I had are gone as well, in the trophy cabinet bit on the playstation menus. What the ****? lol

Edit 2:Guess I was being an idiot, the trophies are still there but I still connect to online play or view global records

Aeroracer
5th August 2009, 05:53 PM
network is down i can tconnect online at moment..sure it'll be fine later

finngers
5th August 2009, 05:53 PM
Ah cheers I thought I'd royally ****ed something up, good to know its not just me haha

bluermlou
7th August 2009, 05:22 PM
still no luck, i continue to get that damned Network Error message when trying to logon. :frown:

RedScar
7th August 2009, 05:32 PM
Might be a new patch/firmware/maintence on the PSN servers. Just go have a nap or watch some TV for an hours and try again

alexk9
8th August 2009, 12:40 AM
Hi, just wondering if anybody else had this problem. Occasionally when I go online, I start a race, then all the other racers stop moving, but the race carries on! Clearly, it is a problem with my internet connection, as I am connecting via a USB 3G modem and my NAT type is 3! Is there any way to fix this, and I have tried opening ports and using an ethernet cable etc. Ta.

IH8YOU
8th August 2009, 01:14 AM
Oh my god - you're using a cellular to play WOHD?!?

You're ping must be measured in minutes. I hope I never have to race you on the tracks - you'll teleport more than Kirk.

Unfortunately - for all of us - you can't really do anything about it. Increase your 3G signal to 100% max (via positioning of the antenna / device) - and disable any other services on the cellular itself.

But even with all that - your ping will be orders of magnitude longer - just because of the packet size, time sharing radio, frequency hopping, dropped packets, distance to tower, RF/Optical integration time, .... there's a list.

I think the only thing that can top playing an online game via cellular would be via bidirectional satellite. Anyone tried that yet? ;)

Zooyork26
19th January 2010, 02:23 PM
its been long time since anyone has posted the board for online issues but.... i just got this game and ive tried everything to get online. ive read other ppls posts and i just cant understand how i can have 4 other user names load right up and get on but my main account will not get online... it says network error....error whilst updating the game... i bought this game to play with my friends and im not happy that i cant even get online and was told this was the place to get it fixed pretty much any help please PSN Zooyork26

Dark_Phantom_89
19th January 2010, 04:38 PM
Firstly, can you sign in using your PSN ID on different games?

Secondly, what does the error code say exactly?

Thirdly, don't bump topics - someone will help you at some point :)

Zooyork26
19th January 2010, 04:41 PM
yes every other game works perfectly fine, ive even tried 4 other user accounts on this ps3 and all work flawlessly with this game except my main account... i even had my gf try logging on my name on her ps3 she gets the same error.... it says error whilst updating the game... i really want to get online :(

Dark_Phantom_89
19th January 2010, 04:52 PM
Hmm, that's strange - I've never heard of something like that before. Try going to Network Settings on your PS3 and go to Internet Connection Test. What does it say your NAT type is?

Zooyork26
19th January 2010, 05:02 PM
you never heard of anything like that? i thought this was the forum that was due to problems like that... at least several ppl all over said its glitch by studio liverpool that needs to be addressed that some ppl are affected.... i dont understand how i can log on perfectly fine on 4 other user names and cant on zoo... its NAT2 btw.. was told this was the place to have someone contact liverpool directly since you cant find any contact info for them anywhere on the web

Zooyork26
19th January 2010, 11:40 PM
well after reading this entire forum i decided to try a few things and finally i got it working by not logging in PSN until after i get to the online menu... i dont have any clue why that happens but ill take it :rock

SaturnReturn
22nd January 2010, 08:00 PM
Plenty of people had the issue of one particular account being locked out. user-names were given to SL and I think they were fixed, but it happened again, and possibly again. Eventually I think it was fixed altogether. That's how I remember it - might not be entirely accurate.

Your problem sounds slightly different if it involves the game updating. I'm not sure what you mean by updating. If you literally mean a software download and update then I'm not sure how you can go online without it updating. Seems odd, as I thought all the software updates were compulsory.

YouAreFubar
20th February 2010, 05:37 PM
I cant connect to WipEout online. When I select 'online game' it just says connecting...

Anyone else having a similar problem?

Razgriz375
20th February 2010, 05:39 PM
Trying to connect to wipeout-game.com gives me a time out error, servers may be down for maintenance. This is affecting Wipeout Pulse aswell, and has been since 10pm last night.
EDIT: Pulse online play is also affected

Offtopic - Has anyone noticed the Zone ranking for Talon's Junction, someone has 201 zones put down on it, could they be doing minor work to get rid of hacker times?

SaturnReturn
20th February 2010, 07:22 PM
Servers are down. Back up at 9PM I think. This thread will be merged with another as it doesn't need its own.

kanar
20th February 2010, 09:47 PM
almost 11pm and they're still dead. Sony definitely sucks nowadays.

Razgriz375
20th February 2010, 10:09 PM
It's probally going to be a whole weekend job, meaning we won't see the online records and gaming till late sunday or monday, that's if they know the servers are out.

DeepMix
20th February 2010, 11:51 PM
lol im surprised my thread is still alive after all this time lol even when it was my first post lol

ontopic:

we couldnt race for avalon, neither i could do an xpand match, i dont know how they do a maintenance on a weekend.... i hope for tomorrow we can race properly, at least for me since i havent raced not even a single race on this avalon :(

biLwiS
19th April 2010, 10:34 AM
usa
cechk01
psn update 3.21 *sigh* now 3.30
was a 80 gig till i dropped in a500 gig
wipeout hd and fury ver. 2.10

hello,

just picked up wipeout hd and the expansion pack on 4/16/10, (love wipeout and rollcage, played em all but the psp, still have wipeout 1 in the big box)

-i cannot log in to online wipeout hd-

i would like to report my psn id "BiLwiS" to -please- be fixed or reset.

i am currently getting free wifi from somewhere, California USA, wonderful signal nat2, no firewall. no other online game problems, very fat stable signal, no packet loss.

everything works great till i try to go online with wipeout hd, i get the message "network error occurred while updating the game please try again".

i have deleted friends to try to make it work, -no luck-

the weird part:
my roommate who has a guest account on psn, on my sony3, is Japanese, with a Japanese account, gets right in, no problem. online data comes up and they / i could play if i wanted.

i wish i could tell you more, it just does not work for me. and again i have so many games with 00.00 online problems.

i have read a fair amount of the posts here and i don't think i can delete my account or start a new one. what fun is that if all my trophies are on "BiLwiS".

i am all ears to any guidance you offer.
i will now go and read all the rest of the posts.

thank you.
forever a wipeout player.

(UPDATE 4.23.10) thank you secretzsquirrel, you variant method of logging in through the "account management" rather than network settings worked, and i am now ONLINE with wipeout hd.

BearAlmighty182
19th April 2010, 11:47 AM
i get this occur far too often. For me i struggle to connect to the wipeout servers mainly during peak times when my isp throttles my internet to near non existance. Other times i can connect and play with no problems at all. So for me it is up to the will of the wipeout gods whether i get to race online or not. Very frustrating when u have arranged to meet people from all over the world at a particular time and then cant connect. I was tryin continuously for 2 hours last night. I wasnt a happy bunny to say the least.

blackwiggle
22nd April 2010, 12:10 AM
BEAR are you getting the exact same error message ?
Which "Unable to update game" not the usual "Unable to connect " message?

Because it might be some new problem that has started.
As JACK reported the exact same problem as few days ago.
See here [biLwis you might want to try what I've suggested for JACK ]
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5384&page=6

secretzsquirrel
23rd April 2010, 11:47 AM
I tried the demo then bought the game and could not connect online at all,
I was getting the same network error about can not update try again.
The game did update to the latest version and everything worked fine Except It would not let me play online. Every attempt resulted in network error, can not update.
I created a new user and the online worked perfect, so i deleted all the save files from my main user account and tried again but it still would not allow me to play online, just the same network error message. This put me off from buying the expansion.

After 2 days of trying different things I FOUND A TEMPORARY SOLUTION,
1st I replaced all my saved game files and then noticed that if I am logged into PSN and then try to play wipeout Hd online I get the error message, HOWEVER if I log out of PSN even with the wipeout still running and then click Online in WipeOut The PSN login Box shows and i click Sign In, Then and only then will Wipeout show the online screen without any errors and all is fine until I exit the game. Once restarted I have to do the same thing inorder for the online portion to work.

The funny part is That this only happens with my main PSN account (the one i buy all my games with) any other sub users on the same PS3 work fine without the need to go through all this.

Anyway after finding a way to use the online portion of the game with my main User account I bought the Fury add on a few hours ago.
Wow guys, Great job! This is really a great game, The demo does not do it justice. Using your own music with all the effects is just unbelievable.

I hope you guys can fix this online issue. Might even be server side.

P.S I am located in the USA (boston, Ma)

Just to be clear The exact Error I am getting is,

NETWORK ERROR
A error occurred while updating the game.
Please try again.

blackwiggle
23rd April 2010, 12:23 PM
Great news.:+
I'll copy your post and send them a PM.
I remember that somebody else uses the same procedure to fix a different online problem, not having ever suffered it myself I forgot all about logging out then back again when HD/Fury is running.

biLwiS
23rd April 2010, 05:56 PM
hello,

that does not work for me,

on my US psn account, even if i have automatic log on disabled, if i have internet enabled, it logs on even though i said not to be automatic, when i turn on the system.

(dont look at me like that, i know i have gone mad)

if i have the internet disabled, my wipeout just says ..... "the internet connection is disabled. go to [settings] > [network settings] and enable internet connection. (80130181)"

the roomate, they dont have that problem, and if the internet is not turned on in the wipeout online menu, it just asks them to hit the tab to log in. but they have never had any trouble logging on to wipeout online.

I WIN ! at losing.

i am glad it works for you. just for me, i still need a new and different way to play that does not require me losing my old trusty psn account.

what is weirding me out most, i am running with the last sony firmware update 3.30, and it seems my ps3's main account is acting different than, my roomates guest japanese account on the same ps3, or secretzsquirrel's.

please note i have recently done option 3 and 4 in the sub-sub menu of the ps3 the (3) restore system file and (4) rebuild database. (defrag and file clean up to normal humans) so its all good, and there is no reason that i can tell why this is happening.

i am truly at a loss.

secretzsquirrel
23rd April 2010, 10:13 PM
bilwis, Try this,
Leave Internet connection settings ON then Start wipeout,
go to the main menu where it says Campaign, ONLINE , options etc.

Now Press The PS Button (the round button in the center of the controller)
You should now be in the PS3 XMB (dashboard) From here Scroll RIGHT to Account Management, Press Triangle and select Sign Out.

Press The PS button again and you should be back at the Wipeout menu, Now Choose ONLINE and your PSN Login Box will Appear, Click LOGIN and within a few seconds you should be connected to wipeout online.

Have you tried creating a New User and seeing if the online works with that?

I would like to add that the Fury pack is fine, this online issue is with the Core Wipeout HD. I had this problem BEFORE i bought the fury pack and installing the fury Pack did not fix or break the online. Its the same as it was with just the core game.
hope this helps everyone out.

Added in this post:
I just want to give as much info as possible so the developers have a better shot at nailing this down.
I dont know if this is related or not but several days ago BEFORE i bought wipeout I changed my email login and password because i got that spam message from someone on my friends list regarding that code generator scam, I deleted that user and out of precaution i changed my login info even though i never went to or viewed that scam site. I did read the message and that got me worried because I value my account to much and while it was probably not necessary to change the info I feel at ease that i did.

I also had to call sony in January 2010 and have my original 60gb launch system deactivated for video's because it got ylod and i choose just to replace it with a new PS3.
Im NOT SURE if they deactivated the game activation part also but if they did then i have 4 remaining activations. The thing to note here is that i downloaded the wipeout DEMO with this older PS3 back in late 2008 or early 2009 however I did not buy wipeout back then, I only ended up buying it on my New 160GB a few days ago. This is probably not related to the online issue but i just wanted to give as much info as possible.

I am in the USA and have a USA account so my PS3 connects to the region/servers i am located in and have the newest Firmware Version 3.30

biLwiS
23rd April 2010, 11:04 PM
hello

"the round button in the center of the controller" ... ... ...

*sighs, looks at you, mouth open, no sound*.....no comment.

through account managment you say, i never log in or out there, but i will try it.

----- SUCCESS ---

its all fine and well to play with yourself, its much better to play with others. to which, i am going to go do right now....

(yes, guests psn account has always worked on wipeout hd for me, but i am not going to switch to another just to play a game, i want my trophies where they belong, in my proper account)

...so weird that through account managment to log out, soooo works, yet all the others don't. almost does not make sence. i will go update my other / older posts, and spread the good word!

thank you.

secretzsquirrel
23rd April 2010, 11:20 PM
I am Very Happy that you are finally able to play online! :)

You are more then welcome sir and im glad i was able to help, catch you online!

P.S Throw me a Friends request if you want, My PSN ID is the same as my forum name secretzsquirrel just put the word WipeoutZone somewhere in the request so i know you are from here and I will accept it.

akira2501
20th July 2010, 10:15 PM
Getting the dreaded "an error occurred while contacting the server" error. I can connect and play online with any other game.... but I only want to play this one, naturally :)

My PS3 is using NAT type 2.

PSN ID: akira_2_5_0_1 .

Tried another PSN ID- same thing.

Tried the log out, launch app and auto-sign in fix.... nothing.

Set IP address to static and enabled port forwarding for 5223, 3478, 3479, and 3658. No dice.

Been offline, for just this game, 4 days now.

Is the server down? I would hope not, since the game is now bundled with Playstation Plus...
any help greatly appreciated!!

akira2501
21st July 2010, 11:55 PM
Update to above:

Network is up per friend. Oddly, If I receive an invite from a friend they show in the live game data feed at the bottom of the screen. I can see their name, and their current status/track, and also in the "community" list but if I try to connect to them I am booted back to main menu.

Per PSKC article opened these ports:
TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070
No change.

Disabled Media Server - no change.

Router is linksys WRT54G, however when I bypass the router and run an ethernet line from my modem to the PS3 with easy automatic settings I sign into PSN, but error out when I try to play Wipeout HD online, same as wired or wireless to the router.

carlos69nash
28th July 2010, 10:46 PM
My game keeps freezing during online play. Every other game I own works fine online its just wipeout. This has only started happening recently. Any1 else with similar problems/solutions???