PDA

View Full Version : PSP Version 5.00???

gnesta_93
14th October 2008, 07:19 PM
Tonight i tried to log in to PS Store to check if there were some new games etc. but instead it just said(link):

[img=http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/992/psstorejv8.th.jpg] (http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psstorejv8.jpg)

Ok, i just thought, but then i went curious. It said that you could acces the PS Store trought your psp if u had the system software version 5.00. ut is that version released. I searched for a new version trought the psp, but it just said that the latest version was installed. I´m a bit dizzy, or is it just bcause im tired:P???

infoxicated
14th October 2008, 07:23 PM
They mentioned firmware 5.00 on the official PlayStation bog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/14/firmware-50-demo-playstation-store-on-psp/), so it must be imminent.

gnesta_93
14th October 2008, 07:26 PM
WOW!:P.Ok. But where do i get those promotion cards she was talking about? And when does the update come?

omega329
14th October 2008, 08:15 PM
TBH, it doesn't seem worth such a big leap...

Rapier Racer
14th October 2008, 09:29 PM
Apparently its live now. Hmm don't see how this can be without the firmware lol

http://uk.playstation.com/psp/playstation-store/

oggob
14th October 2008, 10:06 PM
The website was going down to upgrade it's functionality... that parts seems to be done...

The Firmware Update + the PS3 Update, should drop within 6-24hrs...

Kscorps
14th October 2008, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah, now I don;t have to use my dad's PC to get stuff off the store! :D

mdhay
15th October 2008, 06:04 AM
They mentioned firmware 5.00 on the official PlayStation bog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/14/firmware-50-demo-playstation-store-on-psp/), so it must be imminent.

Lol, bog :g

gnesta_93
15th October 2008, 01:44 PM
The update has come now to the psp:D. Just downloaded it and is now updating:D.

BARTgai
15th October 2008, 10:59 PM
Just installed 5.00 and I just love the new wave effect in the background (I even see a few more color choices) and the PSN in the XMB
:D

infoxicated
16th October 2008, 03:11 PM
There's also a full QWERTY keyboard if you press select a few times when entering text.

Shame it isn't like the Go!Explore on screen keyboard that's context sensitive, as it doesn't really help with typing speed. Nice addition, though. :)

omega329
16th October 2008, 04:52 PM
Full QWERTY keyboard?
I take back my previous statement, it's going to be much easier to type now :)

Any chance people could post what type of PSP they're using? I would like to know if the new features are just for the 2000 series.

Lance
16th October 2008, 06:21 PM
Is there any chance that the PSP might have a touchscreen?

omega329
16th October 2008, 07:47 PM
Hmm, I suppose that a kind of flip down thing which attatched to the USB port might work, allthough I think you might have some trouble opening the UMD drive...

infoxicated
16th October 2008, 07:56 PM
I'm on a 2000 - haven't upgraded the phat one yet, but I'll report back on what the changes are when I do. :)

I don't think we'll see a touchscreen on the current version of the psp, but I'm sure the future version of it will go that way - it's only natural, unless of course it end up like the Mylo.

I cant imagine we'll see an all new PSP for a couple of years - by then I'd expect them to lose the UMD drive for some solid state memory, too.

//edit!

Hold the phone - just done a search and I see the Mylo 2 (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=71LUJfyI5sE&feature=related) not only looks more like the psp, but does have a touchscreen!

Lance
16th October 2008, 08:20 PM
Back around the end of June, Sony was granted a patent for a new twist on touchscreen technology, so I'm wondering if they're already far enough along on development of the hardware that was used to get the patent to put it on a PSP within the next year or so.

Kscorps
16th October 2008, 10:36 PM
The store isn't working for me. I keep getting an error code instead of the store. :(

gnesta_93
17th October 2008, 04:31 AM
Kscorps, too bad,:(. hope it will work for you soon. And the update works for psp fat.

Darkdrium777
18th October 2008, 04:57 PM
PSP 2000, really like the update :) When you have the new wave selected and go watch music with the second visualization (No wallpapers set), the wave lighting will react to the music :D
Also yeah there are a few new colours for the XMB, and the PSStore on PSP is really impressive and responsive!! :O

infoxicated
18th October 2008, 08:32 PM
Definitely agree with that - the store is really good on the PSP - much better than I thought it would be. :+

I didn't think to check if there were any new visualisation treats, but that sounds cool. Just wish the PS3 had a few more. :)

gnesta_93
19th October 2008, 06:15 AM
Yeah, the store looks really cool. Like the categories add. About the QWERTY-onscreenkeyboard, i would like to see an option where you can choose which keyboard you want to use.

Harvai
19th October 2008, 09:25 AM
Downloaded the 5.00 update, and that second visualization looks a treat! If you have a custom wallpaper set, it displays your background, only with raindrops that react to the music.

And I was reading about the changes before I updated, and it said that Playstation media can now be output in full-screen! So I guess that means I can play Wipeout on my TV in full-screen. Awesome!

Darkdrium777
20th October 2008, 01:11 AM
raindrops that react to the music.That was in the previous version, I think 4.00 added it or 4.01, can't remember.

Good thing too about the Playstation media, I'll try it right now! :D

SuperNova
20th October 2008, 05:44 AM
^It was 4.05

Ill get this in a few weeks when it gets cracked by m33

oh wait, are we allowed to talk about that :paperbag i dont think so.....

:brickwall:brickwall:brickwallPlease dont ban me *gets banhammer shield*

rdmx
20th October 2008, 06:43 AM
It is ill-advised to talk about it here.

Darkdrium777
20th October 2008, 10:10 PM
It is already SuperNova.

infoxicated
20th October 2008, 10:12 PM
Any chance we can have a PSP firmware thread without some wanker mentioning custom firmware?

The rules are just so ****ing transparent that I cant make it any clearer, so if you're willing to flaunt them then I'm willing to ban you.

It's not big. It's not clever. It's you guys being dicks. Cut it the **** out.

And thanks for ruining this thread. Great work.

Darkdrium777
20th October 2008, 10:17 PM
Rob I don't think it is ruined. I also think the swearing is a bit too much TBH. I understand the rules though but really even though I have what you hate, the update is still massively awesome.
For one point it made me like the color "Red". Before I absolutely hated the red XMB, but now it's my favorite because it's the only one with two tones of color, so you have this sort of red upper part and fiery orange lower part. Too bad it's still not real fire, that would be even more awesome. ^^
There's one thing I would like though, that is the ability to save more than ten network connections.

infoxicated
20th October 2008, 10:20 PM
There's the difference - there are no rules about swearing, but there are rules about discussing custom firmware - it gets you banned. In this case the pair of you can take a seat for 48 hours.

Lance
21st October 2008, 01:57 AM
There is no shield against the banhammer, folks; get used to it. :D

Asayyeah
21st October 2008, 07:20 AM
Sorry Lance it's not Pointer Sister's track but pretty similar :

It's raining 'ban' ( defaulted to be 'men') gotcha ( can't say 'alleluia')
It's raining 'ban'

Lance
21st October 2008, 08:36 AM
I thought that was 'The Weather Girls', not that I pay much attention to show tunes [I can't stand 'em usually. Another myth shot down.], but they were kinda hard to avoid seeing on the telly.

Asayyeah
21st October 2008, 08:39 AM
damn you're right Lance, it's not pointer sister's :(

Lance
21st October 2008, 08:50 AM
In case you're wondering why I got up early, I didn't; I've not gone to bed yet. :D

Asayyeah
21st October 2008, 08:54 AM
you ban your bed?
:eek

Lance
21st October 2008, 08:57 AM
Nope. Sometimes I just don't sleep at all or don't sleep till after 0700 or whatever. Or like last night [Sunday], I slept about 9 hours. Different thing all the time.