PDA

View Full Version : Pairs

stin
12th October 2008, 08:04 AM
Yes, I won`t be online for a few days due, I`m away to play an important golf competitions which starts tomorrow.

I`m going to a practise round today to get a feel of a course and it is Blairgowrie but it is not Rosemount!:(

Me and my golf partner are preparing for this.

Wish us good luck!

All we want is to qualify top four for Tuesday which we will stay 5 star Carnoustie Golf Hotel for two nights plus another two day important golf as well.
If we qualify that as well which we hopefully go to World Pairs Finals next year!

Time to go for me

stevie:)

Chrono
12th October 2008, 12:12 PM
Good luck, remember to try and save to bulk of your drinking till after the game, otherwise your gonna need a beach umbrella.

infoxicated
12th October 2008, 02:56 PM
Looks like you got decent weather for it, Stevie - I drove back over from Stirling way earlier today and it was bright and dry all the way. :)

Good luck :+

Lance
12th October 2008, 03:03 PM
Stevie, making it to the World's would be awesome. Best of luck to you and your golf partner.

Asayyeah
12th October 2008, 05:22 PM
All my best wishes for your team, Stevie, along this Golf competition.
:)

Mad-Ice
12th October 2008, 05:31 PM
Good luck with the swings, chippings and puttings. All eagles would be nice, but birdies are okay anyway!

lunar
12th October 2008, 05:52 PM
Best of luck Stevie, hope you`re in the golfing zone on the day :+

eLhabib
12th October 2008, 07:52 PM
Swing away, Stevie! So we can watch you on TV sometime... ;)

stin
12th October 2008, 10:32 PM
Cheers guys!, we will need this too. Now I just confirmed tonight, it`s top nine can qualify for Tuesday coming and I can feel a good chance for us.

This ****ing internet cost me a bloody fortune but it`s does worth it! cos, my mate says to me, "You`re mad stevie boy!" but I just love internet!

Anyway, I have 10 mins left to read!

stevie;)

oggob
12th October 2008, 10:49 PM
Good Luck!

May you score a Hole In One! :D

Mad-Ice
13th October 2008, 05:59 AM
On a par 5! :eek

stin
13th October 2008, 05:44 PM
I`m home atm but I have to go out to stay a 5 star Golf Hotel! because, we are third place today which means we are eligible to go!!!:dizzy

Now, I`m picking up my shorts and shirt and tie!!! yipppeeeeeee!

Wish us good luck!

Mad-Ice
13th October 2008, 06:05 PM
Well I wished you lucked before but now I think it is just pure skill! So, just do your thing and it will work out for you.

Lance
13th October 2008, 07:26 PM
Yeehaa! Luxury awaits, you, Stevie. :D Enjoy.

stin
16th October 2008, 06:23 AM
Well, I`m here on this post and final result from last night.

Me and my mate are now represents for Scotland next year!!!!!:dizzy

I will explain the rest tonight after I get home from work! But!, as you aware, I`m absolutely shattered and very sore but I just don`t want go to work!:brickwall

Anyway, I will let you know tonight!:D

*sitting down with a niiiiice cup of tea!

Asayyeah
16th October 2008, 07:32 AM
:clapWOW:clap

Big congratulations to you Stevie and to your team mate : you can be proud of you , few month ago you were doubting a bit on your abilities to get back on track with your original Golf skill : now, you got your answer :rock

borell
16th October 2008, 07:53 AM
Congrats, mate! I'm happy to hear about the success. :g

lunar
16th October 2008, 07:57 AM
As Arnaud says: WOW:clap That sounds fantastic, Stevie, looking forward to hearing more details :+

guillaume
16th October 2008, 08:01 AM
Congrats! That sounds like a perfect birthday gift! :g

eLhabib
16th October 2008, 09:54 AM
How awesome is that? (answer: VERY!) :clap
So, Stevie, when can we see you on the telly? ;)

The Gracer
16th October 2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah stevie! Those long nights at the range have obviously paid off :)

You should re-create the card and frame it, i have my card from my first tournament win and it hangs proudly on my wall.

Lance
16th October 2008, 12:14 PM
Yay, Stevie! I'm proud of you.

stin
16th October 2008, 12:59 PM
El, the answer is yes! ;)

I just decided to come home due I`m just too tired to do anything!

Right, Sunday there, we had a practise round in Blairgowrie Landsdownie, don`t get me wrong, it`s a very nice long track but we were hoping it`s Rosemount.:brickwall The next day, we played an important day for us to qualify tomorrow, but after eight holes, we were struggling like hell and needed stabledford points much as we can. Fortunlately I rammed 30 feet putt for a precious two points, suddenly I birdied the next hole with three important points, then we went frenzy with birdies!:eek on the coming holes and all we need a par or birdie on a last hole just to make sure we are safe to qualify, after good drives, my partner shanked after his second shot:bomb which put me in a alot of pressure!!! I was soo glad I put my ball on the the heart of a green and calmly two putts for a nice par. Moments later, after more than a halfway stage, we were leading qualifyer with a better back nine to protect (Phew!). Now we have permisson from the main director! for us to leave the golf club to go home for stuff I needed.

Now officially we were third and 100% to Carnouistie with 5 star Hotel over two night stay. But seriously I was estactic by all of this.

Now this is a different story, my golf buddy and his golf partner (my other mate as well ;)) who originally went runner up three weeks ago, went to an important meeting for them and it`s became announced, my mates are now World Champions! But I told them, my partner is not allow to drink because we also have important game to concentrate, and the main men who founded this tourament did burst out laughing after I just said to them!:lol
Director told my mates to bring their families tomorrow and we will sort it ourselves. My other mate had to go home for his work while me and my mate can relax tonight with a right few beers!:beer while preparing for tomorrow morning.
But, unbeknown to us, we went to our room and to our surprise, we were expected a twin bed for us but it`s a double bed!:eek, so we went back to the main counter and complained to them about our beds. Moments later, a manager gave a special keys to my mate and say to him, enjoy while you can! aaaand he also said to me, you can stay one night with him while you guys just keep your big mouth shut! till tomorrow night!
Well, we were totally stunned by this news, and we went right up to the rooom with very little doors compare to the standard typical rooms.
We were just too excited but we went to the wrong door and we realised our mistakes and we went back to the right place and we walked in this fancy Hogans suite and we were so flabbergasted to the sheer size of this suite! All I can say to you, it`s ****ing huge!!:eek, A guy who works this hotel which he told us of this room who are actually lived the biggest stars we know like Samuel L Jackson, Princess Anne, even Tiger Woods!
So I had stayed this room over night!!! ;)

This is getting better than this, we were officially qualified before we even hit a ball due, there is no scottish pairs in our group and us only!:dizzy

As you aware guys, this is my best birthday presents ever!!!!

I decided to detox my habits and work really hard on my game for the rest of a new golf seasons starts!

I will let you know the rest when times comes and I will show you my pictures (coming soon)

Phew a looong post!

eLhabib
16th October 2008, 01:13 PM
Absolutely stunning how this all turned out for you! Enjoy every last bit of it!

lunar
16th October 2008, 01:28 PM
WOW that sounds like a lot of fun..... and great golf. Awesome stuff Stevie, keep practicing as hard as you can! :D

rdmx
16th October 2008, 01:40 PM
Nice one Stevie :+
Hope it all goes well!

Mad-Ice
16th October 2008, 03:20 PM
Congratulations, what a present for your birthday!! Yeah we want to see you on the telly.:+

xEik
16th October 2008, 05:39 PM
Cogratulations, Steve. :clap
And this begs the question: do his golf habilities come from too much wipeout or do his wipeout habilities come from too much golf? :lol

Asayyeah
17th October 2008, 09:36 AM
Lol Isaac :D
I am so happy for you Stevie, you deserve it mate, to get the chance to represent Scotland ( if i did understood well)
We often talked in the past about your Golf passion and eventhough you are a true dedicated/skilled Wipeout pilot , i think you are more addicted to Golf than Wipeout ( which is crazy when we know your Big Wipeout Love )
A big Bravo to you again :clap

stin
18th October 2008, 11:08 AM
Thank you very much guys and we are pleased for ourselves!

here is my link for you to see my pics http://cid-abbbe002add06a0b.spaces.live.com/

The results for my mates who became World Champions three weeks ago.

Here is the link http://www.internationalpairs.com/frontpage-items/scottish-due-crowned-world-champions.golf

On the left is my golf partner which we qualified for next year and his partner is is actually my mate as well!

And there is my link for us who qualified for next year.

http://www.internationalpairs.com/uk/content/view/84/69/

Ok, the rest of it.

Asayyeah
18th October 2008, 02:02 PM
pics are awesome
Good luck for September 2009 !
:banzai

lunar
18th October 2008, 06:06 PM
Amazing view from the hotel room, Stevie, you are a lucky so and so! I don`t suppose that room comes cheap usually! :)

stin
18th October 2008, 06:30 PM
Yes very true, that suite does not comes cheap and you work that out it`s £300pp! and that`s without food and everything!

We got it for free including room service and the works! ;)

Medusa
20th October 2008, 04:04 PM
Whoa...just read all this, congrats stin, great chance for you! Golf is not my thing so I am impressed already by people who can play it at all, nevermind in competitive tournaments!

Maybe now, since you'll be working hard on your golf, I can catch up to you in wipeout.:lol

Rapier Racer
22nd October 2008, 10:29 PM
Nice one stevie :clap Wow at the cost! You could buy a PS3 for that... Nice pics looks like a golfers haven.