PDA

View Full Version : Capcom monster hunter grips

JABBERJAW
1st October 2008, 09:06 PM
these grips are pretty nice, it is a little easier to hit the buttons, and you can take the game out without removing the psp from the grips. I found one on ebay

phl0w
1st October 2008, 10:28 PM
For those (http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/04/ggl43.jpg) who can't imagine the looks of it just by your exact description :D
Why they release that thing for a game like MH instead of a racing game like WO is beyond me. Nice find though!

xEik
1st October 2008, 10:41 PM
That's because you spend far more hours in MHF than in any racing game.
Myself, I have a 300+ hours profile and a secondary one with 200+ hours.
Meanwhile, I've only clocked 20+ hours with Pulse.

Lance
2nd October 2008, 06:09 AM
!?!
Did you take early retirement to play that game? ;)

omega329
2nd October 2008, 03:02 PM
The MH games will eat up your life, I've seen over 500 hours on a MHF1 profile before now, and that STILL wasn't 100% complete. I've got 200+ hours on MHF1 and 40 on MHF2, I am still nowhere.

IIRC, this grip was discussed before, I remember reading about it...

xEik
2nd October 2008, 05:59 PM
!?!
Did you take early retirement to play that game? ;)
No, but it's almost the only game I've been playing since December 2007 except when I completed Pulse and a couple of races now and then.
It's addictive, it's rewarding, it's diverse, it's long and I'm playing it solo (if you can play together with three friends, most missions can be tackled much more quickly).

I'm not very skilled at it compared to what you can see in YouTube. My main profile is only rank 4 of 7 after 300+ hours of gameplay. :eek

Oh and my time with Pulse must be something like 30+, not 20+ as I said. The reason: I had to ditch my profile half way through because of the "wrong record caused by elimination in a tournament" bug. Something that doesn't make it more compelling to keep pouring your time on it.

Tomahawk
10th October 2008, 07:36 PM
So I'm not the only MHF player here. :P I'm now at a total 420 hours playtime with Monster Hunter Freedom 1... As you said xEik, the ultimate "hunt and collect" game - very addictive. But I guess I'll never buy any other part of the series even if I finish the game one day (get all rewards, build all the best weapon and armour, complete my guildcard, etc.) cause I had to promise my current girlfriend to spend far less time with videogames than I do right now... :?
The only game I've put more then 300 hours playtime into was Final Fantasy X until I got me MHF1...

Anyway, I never tried using a grip like the one you showed us, phl0w. Why spend money on something like this when you can kill any monster and spend countless hours playing on Kai without a grip like this?

Flashback Jack
10th October 2008, 07:41 PM
I had to ditch my profile half way through because of the "wrong record caused by elimination in a tournament" bug.

That happened to me on a profile with several records I haven't been able to touch to this day. Started a new profile, got roughly all but three gold medals and it happened again. Threw out that one along with my European version of Pulse, started another profile on my U.S. copy and never looked back.

Anyhow, I'm comfortable with the standard PSP, unenhanced by any grip add-ons, but can see how this could be useful.

- F

xEik
12th October 2008, 07:47 PM
So I'm not the only MHF player here. :P I'm now at a total 420 hours playtime with Monster Hunter Freedom 1.
No, but it seems MH in Europe is even more niche than WO (although it's enormously popular in Japan). Me, I'm playing MHF2.

I had to promise my current girlfriend to spend far less time with videogames than I do right now... :?
Then, convince her to do some multiplayer hunts together. :D

Darkdrium777
12th October 2008, 08:20 PM
Someone said Monster and immediately followed it by Hunter? :D
Big fan here too, I have all the games. But I won't get a Wii for Tri, oh no... :-
I'm sad that they closed the servers for MH PS2 as well. But it was old, guess nobody was really playing... :(

Tomahawk
13th October 2008, 08:38 PM
Darkdrium, I'm online with XLink Kai playing MHF1 for PSP. Maybe we can meet up for a few hunts sometime ? :banzai (oh man, I can see my GF freaking out again if she reads this ;))

No, but it seems MH in Europe is even more niche than WO

I meet a few spanish and french people online with XLink Kai from time to time, but there are way more japanese and americans in the arena. Seems like you're right about MH being kinda niche in europe, xEik.

Spaceboy Gajo
19th October 2008, 07:21 PM
Hey Al, glad to see you picked up the grips. You mentioned it to us when you were at Jay's last spring :D

Was curious on two things...

(1) Was it relatively cheap?
(2) Do you still have to put tape on your leg? ;)

JABBERJAW
29th October 2008, 02:04 AM
It was an ok price, since the game was not with it. I'd have to look to see exactly what it was. When I am in a legit tourney, I would still put tape on my leg :)

Spaceboy Gajo
29th October 2008, 04:53 AM
Attaboy! :D

Wouldn't sound like you if you weren't serious about success.