PDA

View Full Version : Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

OBH
21st April 2009, 04:07 PM
Whos flying mirage these days? :dizzy Hope someones doing the team proud!

Motorsagmannen
21st April 2009, 06:43 PM
im flying all sorts of ships theese days, and one of them is of course this technological marvel. i love it for its unique looks, and nice handling/speed balance, u should check out my breakdown of the mirage apperance when it surfaces later tonight. it would be in my thread "shipdesign analysis"

yeldar2097
21st April 2009, 07:13 PM
guilty :P
dunno about the second bit though ;)

Darkdrium777
21st April 2009, 07:48 PM
I have one track which seems like absolute silence the whole time I am playing with it on:
Tin There (Underworld Edit)

The others are always too loud for my parents. :g

SaturnReturn
21st April 2009, 08:22 PM

In my recent online adventures I've often been using mirage. After the patch it felt like the only ship that remained consistent. Getting on for 100,000 loyalty points now. I never thought that day would come. Although I don't think I'm doing you too proud. I generally mix it up between Goteki and Mirage now depending on how serious the racing is.

LOUDandPROUD
21st April 2009, 09:48 PM
I'm no longer flying Mirage... :redface:

DividedXZero
22nd April 2009, 09:13 PM
Question, or your opinion:

I was in an intense race yesterday, neck and neck...loving the thrill.
Last stretch on the last lap (dont remember the track, think uber mall). I'm in 2nd picked up some rockets shot them. Elimination before the finish line ("Yeah Baby!"), i feel all warm inside seeing the green txt confirming my emilination, only to see the results as his destroyed ship crossed the finish line and HE GOT 1st!

That glorious moment came crashing down, all i could do was laugh.

So the question;

Was it lag?
Or does your ship qualify crossing the finish when destroyed?

thanks for your input everyone :)

Darkdrium777
22nd April 2009, 10:29 PM
If the wreck crosses the line, he finishes the race. Yeldar and I had some fun doing this this past week or so. :) (I finished right behind him when he blew me up, or did I blow myself up I don't remember. :?)

Vartazian
22nd April 2009, 10:45 PM
If the Eliminated AG Craft crosses before you. it wins.

Im notorious for doing this. Ive done it at least 6-7 times in legit races.

Motorsagmannen
22nd April 2009, 10:48 PM
i like your shield management strategy vartazian :+

silverfoxy
23rd April 2009, 09:13 AM
That happened to me on Anulpha the once. Think it was someone on here who shot me with rockets (possibly Ih8U) but I still managed to cross the line in 1st place.

Notihing worse than getting shot just before the line though and ending up in 7th or 8th place which has also happened to me (and more than once :rolleyes:)

Vartazian
23rd April 2009, 09:20 AM
Never leave anything in the tank when you cross the line ;)

Connavar
23rd April 2009, 01:08 PM
There is worse: a PS3 freeze just as you're about to cross the line and win

DividedXZero
23rd April 2009, 01:20 PM
Well it's good to know, i was just curious.

i like Vartazian's thought, (which i always practice anyway).

Vartazian
23rd April 2009, 01:52 PM
Its actually kind of fun Ive done this countless times (the 6 or 7 when I get eliminated by another are awesome too) but If I know Im gonna win the race and got like 2 Shield left I love slamming into the wall and letting my craft "Explode" across the finish line.

Im suprised AG Systems hasnt booted me off their team yet :cold

GreenPhazon
23rd April 2009, 06:20 PM
Since the patch, I can safely say I had no problems whatsoever with racing online. That is... until today.

People were jumping ahead of me for no apparent reason, stopping, falling behind, over and over again; I got freezes when someone left, enetered or used a boost; weapon pads wouldn't respond unless you stopped directly over their centre for approximately 6.3 seconds* and I experienced many, many strange bomb detonations.

And then I won one. Ubermall, rapier, which is strange because I suck at Ubermall and generally stick to flash online. When I joined it was flash Metropia. This cheered me up a bit and I decided to plough through the potentially tedious races for the next win.

It came, Flash Anulpha Pass. After many 3rds and 4ths, I was literally leaving them in the dust. It was good.

Then they started dropping like flies, leaving the game until I couldn't see myself in the middle of the podium, nor my inevitable 'Successful Pacifist' badge, only 'You are the last remaining player'. You know something's wrong when a game tells you to quit.

It hurt. Am I merely beginning to outgrow my fellow Flash flyers? I don't think so, as I struggle on the harder courses and every first place is usually proceeded by several 3rds. Was I unlucky to stumble upon a room of sore losers, or were they right to deny me my desired 1st place?

*This may or may not be true

EDIT: Online is MUCH less problematic at midnight.

DividedXZero
23rd April 2009, 06:40 PM
Well since the patch i had my first 1st place tie in a tourney. I congratulated my fellow racer (1 on 1 tourney-Icaras & Assegai)...but i guess he didnt take kindly to being tied since he abruptly left and never responded...

It's rare (for me) to find good pilots that are sore loosers, especially when equally matched. That's one aspect of wipeout i really like, overall repectfull and humble pilots.

Connavar
23rd April 2009, 07:16 PM
Hello DividedXZero, how are you? (Tell me when you want to play)

I remember like the day after the patch, I did an 8 player tourney and I won ...
along with 2 other pilots!! Was incredible having 3 players tied, at least the game is well
made and it shows them all as #1.

ElectroBolt
28th April 2009, 11:47 AM
Hold back your citicism, this topic isn't about me :P

Any of you noticed that Harimau blue livery's pilot is a white ghost? :bat Or am I just tripping?

EDIT: I realize this doesn't require a thread of its own, can it be moved to http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5273? Sorry about that!

KIGO1987
28th April 2009, 02:47 PM
Vista pads.

Lance
28th April 2009, 05:38 PM
:D Was that a question or an answer, Kigo? ;)

HD pads bothering you much?

Motorsagmannen
28th April 2009, 07:32 PM
@lance, i think it was both ;)
ye the nonfunctioning weaponpads are bothersome, "wtf, im in first why are you not lighting up you SOB?" is usually my reaction to these. sometimes they seem random and some races one pad is always off all the time for me. :S

KIGO1987
28th April 2009, 10:05 PM
Neither

My reaction to a Vista pad is, you ****ing son of a **** you ****!:banzai

JaceMc
28th April 2009, 11:24 PM
I have a few questions, they've probably been answered before but... 53 pages... come on :(.

If you use a turbo right before a speed pad, will the speed pad slow you down? I've done it a few times and I can't decide whether I'm going faster or slower.

And the effect of the other ships jet streams washing over your nose, does this signify that you're slipstreaming or is it just an effect?

Lance
28th April 2009, 11:39 PM
KIGO, as a very much surprised [shocked, even] liker of Vista, I don't get the connection with faulty pad actuation, but I suspEct ;) your experience has been different.

Darkdrium777
29th April 2009, 01:33 AM
If you use a turbo right before a speed pad, will the speed pad slow you down? I've done it a few times and I can't decide whether I'm going faster or slower.Only in WipEout PurE did a speed pad cancel a turbo activated just before. In WipEout PULSE and HD, turbos have priority.

And the effect of the other ships jet streams washing over your nose, does this signify that you're slipstreaming or is it just an effect?Just a particle effect.

yeldar2097
29th April 2009, 11:10 AM
good question jace.
dark, by priority do you mean that the effect of the speed pad will be negated or will yu get a small boost?
this could be the solution to all my problems :D

LOUDandPROUD
29th April 2009, 04:03 PM
I've always been under the impression that boosting over a speed pad(s) will give you extra boost.

Darkdrium777
29th April 2009, 04:53 PM
Yes Speed Pad give boost as well.

KIGO1987
30th April 2009, 08:22 AM
If you have a turbo its best to use it after a boost pad, rather than before:)

JaceMc
30th April 2009, 08:31 AM
The only other WipEout I've played is Pure, so there you go :)

LOUDandPROUD
30th April 2009, 04:58 PM
@ KIGO - I'm curious as to what makes you say that...can you please be specific?

KIGO1987
30th April 2009, 06:16 PM
My Vista or my turbo comment??

I think its my turbo comment.

Thats what i do on Moa Therma, use the turbo after ive gone over the speed pad, it gives you more momentum.

LOUDandPROUD
30th April 2009, 08:21 PM
Really? Have you actually tested it in some way? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm just curious, as I was under the impression that using turbo while going over a speed pad gave you more boost than just the pad or turbo alone...

blackwiggle
1st May 2009, 12:59 AM
I think that's a bit of a suburban legend,probably caused by the beat zico thread where you come down off the overpass,on or just before the speed pad.

I remember Flashback Jack said he was of the opinion that using a turbo just before or while on a speed pad was a waste.

I tend to agree,there is a place where this is proven to an extent,use a turbo while staying on the Anulpha Pass overpass while running over those three speed pads and time it from when you get on it to the finish line,then time it again running normally the using the turbo after the last speed pad.

KIGO1987
1st May 2009, 08:10 AM
Not on the pad after it.

Two postives make a negative here. Dont use a turbo on a boost pad it will cancel itself out.

silverfoxy
1st May 2009, 08:36 AM
When I was trying to Beat Zico I used to wonder if it was better to hit the speed pad just after the start line (after you've boosted) or just to stay to the right of it and wait for the 3 pads in a row. Never conclusively worked it out (as I was too busy screaming and swearing at missing out on beating him)

blackwiggle
1st May 2009, 10:36 AM
If you boost just before a speed pad ,well the speed pad takes presidense and overrides the boost [which is equal to 3 speed pads],so you are basically LOSING 2 speed pads.

Nothing you can do about it,that's the way It's programmed to work.

If you look at the actual speed pads in "Fly by mode",you will see that they are little "catch pads", with there triangular scales pointing backward toward on coming craft,they work like a switch,once run over they flip from backward to foreword giving the craft that ran over them added speed.

The pads only work at max when they sense that you are not already traveling under a Turbo [Which is 3 times their rating].

It's like blowing a fuse.

LOUDandPROUD
1st May 2009, 04:20 PM
@ KIGO and blackwiggle - How do you know this? Have you timed it? Has someone else timed it and is it documented somewhere? Again, not trying to be a smart-ass, just genuinly curious and would like a concrete answer that goes beyond someone on an internet forum telling me something without presenting true evidence, even if that someone is a hardcore and experienced Wipeout pilot. Talk is cheap, as they say...

stinkleroy
1st May 2009, 05:29 PM
The only place I personally think it's worth boosting before a speed pad is after the very first corner on Metropia Rev, seems to give substantial speed when you fly over the triple speed pad using a turbo. Other than that I always boost whilst on or after the pad.

yeldar2097
1st May 2009, 07:05 PM
i suppose if you wanted to test it you could go to anulpha and see if you gain any time by missing the pad after the start line. you get me?
probably won't work that well but it's all i have

Darkdrium777
1st May 2009, 07:45 PM
It changes nothing. As I said, WipEout PurE is the only game where the speed pad takes precedence over a turbo. In WipEout HD and as far as I know PULSE, turbo takes precedence.
You will reach about 1200km/h no matter when you launch the turbo, before, on top or after a speed pad. The turbo cancels the speed pad effect.

I suppose Chris Roberts can come and confirm or not, but that's what I see when I do it on Anulpha.

blackwiggle
3rd May 2009, 03:23 AM
I noticed an almost braking effect when turboing over the speed pads on the Anulpha overpass,the momentum gained by the turbo seems to be halted and then gained again when you hit a speed pad,but not to the extent that you would expect.

ElectroBolt
4th May 2009, 02:53 PM
Sorry to bring this up again, but has anyone else noticed that the pilot in the blue Harimau craft doesn't have a skin, only shaders?:o

Spece2goin
5th May 2009, 10:40 AM
I don't know, i just used it only online, and didnt see the pilot yet.
I got to take a photo to see it. Anyway, this skin is nice.

To reply about the speed pad topic, i know that the first pad on anulpha pass at start gives you serious advantage, especially if you manage to take the weapon pad, and the 3 pads in the curve just after.

About start, i noticed some player launching their crafts very fast, and get the first place from the 8th in less than a second (they are launched much faster than anyone getting a turbo start)
Maybe it's an abuse, or something like that.
But does your speed at start depend on the timing you have (in case you make a turbo start)?

LOUDandPROUD
5th May 2009, 04:34 PM
When people launch ahead of you like a rocket off the start line, it's generally due to lag. I've heard of glitches where people will start the race with a weapon (which could be a turbo) too, so that could be another reason, but I think that rarely happens.

rdmx
5th May 2009, 04:46 PM
Sometimes the start is delayed on someone else's screen - this time difference is recalculated at the end of the race but the weapon pads lost are not!

Darkdrium777
5th May 2009, 06:45 PM
Yes sometimes the start goes:
"BIP... BIP... BIP... ... ... GO"
instead of:
"BIP... BIP... BIP... GO"
and it throws me off completely, I miss the boost start and the others are way ahead of me then. :(

KIGO1987
5th May 2009, 08:38 PM
I get that all too often.

Followed by a massive yell from my side at the TV screen.

chboing
6th May 2009, 02:41 PM
they do that into formula one races too.

5 red lights lite one after the other, then when they are all lighten up,then they wait for a random time between something like 1 to 4 seconds
and then all lights go off, and cars go on :)

i like it this way, would be cool to make it the same into wipeout ! that way you cant start your race with you eyes closed ...

Darkdrium777
6th May 2009, 06:24 PM
Boost start is timed with the Go. It's a really bad idea if you do that, because you have to time the button press with something completely random.
If boost start was to return to the way it was in the PS1 games, then it could be possible. Still it's not the brightest of ideas IMHO.

chboing
7th May 2009, 01:49 PM
well, at least it give starts an interest. Cause with fixed time values, everyone is able to make a boost start 95% of the time, and the only differences at start are due to ships. goteki are in front, icaras are at the back ...
with a random thing. You'd have to be much more concentrated @ start to make a boost start.
Or maybe i did not understood what you meant darkdrium ?

Darkdrium777
7th May 2009, 08:28 PM
Boost start in PurE, Pulse, HD: hit X with GO.
Boost start in WO1, WO2097, WO3 (WOFusion?): get thrust level two bars below max and wait for GO at that level.

If boost starts remain the way they have been for the last three games, a random timer is bad, because it's no more skill in timing it, just luck that you push the button at the same time it randomly says GO. Isn't the game already luck based enough?
If boost starts goes back to the way in PS1, then it is skill holding thrust meter for as long as necessary to get the boost start, and I have no problem with that really.

RJ O'Connell
7th May 2009, 08:58 PM
Maybe if you do it like WO1 boost starts which are hard as **** but leave no margin for error and thus require greater skill to do it right. Everything after that is still really easy if you've played Wipeout even for a short bit.

DividedXZero
8th May 2009, 01:48 PM
Alright, i'm switching the subject (this is a random thread right?)

Just read the doubles ladder thread, very cool concept..(plust it requires skill and coordination, pointless and frustratnig to shoot weapons at your team mate)

So....Where can i find a pilot to partner up with?
Should i even try or would i be out of my league here?

I've raced a few of you here, (LoudandProud,Blackwiggle,Darkseid,Connavar, etc.) but not sure what level of players the double ladders consists of.

Well your feedback is appreciated guys. :D

blackwiggle
8th May 2009, 03:29 PM
Pretty much the level of the players you mentioned and quite a few above,depends how and if you can work as a team,also if weapon hints are on or off.
A good warm up prior to the races is a must as well ;)

I'd just write down the names of the pilots that are already teamed up [first page of the doubles thread] and canvass those that might be on your friends list or that you have raced against that are not already involved in it.
Just post in that thread that you would like to participate and are looking for a partner if you can't find somebody,you should get a bite.

DividedXZero
14th May 2009, 12:39 AM
Will do blackwiggle..

On a separate topic, while searching for a song...

Wipeout with only side shift + frequency (the game)=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuRmxQhLyHU ?

jan709
17th May 2009, 08:26 PM
a random question: any news about the downloadable content for wipeout hd?

silverfoxy
18th May 2009, 09:43 AM
I have a random question about respawning online after you have been eliminated.

Usually once you have been eliminated whether by weapons or by crashing into the walls it will take between 2-4 seconds for your craft to come back.

I've noticed that if you have swallowed a load of mines your craft takes forever to get going again even after respawning but thats not my main point.

Occasionally (very occasionally unfortunately) the craft will respawn immediately and lose you half a second maximum. Happened to me last night in the WC qualification on rev AP and I was able to fight my way back to middle of the pack.

So why does it not respawn immediately all the time then ??

yeldar2097
18th May 2009, 10:08 AM
i'm not sure if i've ever experienced that, i find that the time i lose depends on where i get destroyed and where i get placed on the track (same place/miles back etc...)

intereseting question, i don't have an answer unfortunately

Darkdrium777
18th May 2009, 11:29 AM
Apparently when the craft carcass bounces around, you can't respawn.
But when it gets destroyed by bouncing off the track, you respawn instantly.

Happens offline too.

silverfoxy
18th May 2009, 12:13 PM
Cheers for that Dark, makes sense.

I can't remember how I died that time (its a very regualr occurence for me to be eliminated) but I will definitely keep my eye on it for the future.

Motorsagmannen
24th May 2009, 01:32 AM
im not sure if this has been answered before but, is there any trick to recover speed faster after beeing hit by weapons? i just keep my accelarator jammed throught the ds3 at all times and hopes for a reaction. but anyway, it seems like weapons online doesnt give a consistent engine off period. sometimes the ship recovers almost instantly and some times it just drifts for several seconds. any light shed on the matter is appriceated

LOUDandPROUD
24th May 2009, 02:01 PM
Some folks have mentioned that they thought tapping the accelerator a few times after being slowed by a weapon hit helps you recover faster, but I've tried it and it doesn't seem to help. Like you said, sometimes you recover faster than others, so I think the people who think the tapping works just happened to do it one of the times they recovered faster, but that there was no real correlation between the two. I don't personally believe there's anything you can do to recover faster after being hit, other than countersteering as best as possible or using a turbo or autopilot.

eLhabib
24th May 2009, 02:22 PM
The only thing you can really do is try to get onto a speedpad as fast as possible, if one is nearby.

Zoth-Ommog
24th May 2009, 02:47 PM
Also one thing that matter's imo, is from how far you've been hit. The longer distance, the less impact i would say.

LOUDandPROUD
24th May 2009, 04:08 PM
@ eLhabib - Good point...forgot to mention that.

Spece2goin
24th May 2009, 11:47 PM
AFAIK, the time your engines are off depends on the damage you take.
for exemple : you will recover faster if you are hit by only 1 rocket than by 3 (wich stops your for a very long period)
same with Mines : taking the whole row stops you more than running into only 1 isolated mine...

Bomb has a splash damage, you are not hurt the same way if you are further from the explosion, and recover faster too...
Nothing to say about missile, plasma or quake : you receive it or not.
Canon : being hit by few bullets doesnt disturb you much, but if you are gunned hard with the full load, then you will slow down seriously.

@ Zoth-Ommog : if you are hit from far with rockets, there are more chances you received a single one.

Question : does the leech beem slow down your opponents? in straight line i think using it has an impact on the speed of the ship i aimed, seems like it reduces its thrust when it's pumping energy.
that doesn't sound stupid, but is it the case?

LOUDandPROUD
25th May 2009, 01:48 AM
Yes, the leech beam slows your target quite a bit.

blackwiggle
25th May 2009, 03:26 AM
That's if the leech beam runs it's full course ,it seems dependent on if you are pulling away from the leeching craft or if you are going around sharp corners,either of those situations seem to break the beam off early.
Or you happen to run over a weapons pad that gives you a shield and you use that,that will break the beam immediately.

LOUDandPROUD
25th May 2009, 01:52 PM
That's correct. My answer was based on the assumption that Spece2goin was referring to the leech beam running it's full course.

KIGO1987
25th May 2009, 02:37 PM
Just had a bad thought. What if this happened to Wipeout Pulse
http://au.playstation.com/help-support/psp/guides/detail/item97820/Support-for-online-game-features/

Be devistating.

yeldar2097
25th May 2009, 02:43 PM
you mean a page that doesn't load?

KIGO1987
25th May 2009, 02:48 PM
No it loads, i just clicked the link then.

mdhay
25th May 2009, 06:51 PM
Still doesn't load.:(

LOUDandPROUD
25th May 2009, 08:09 PM
Page loaded fine for me. Yes, that would be horrible...or should I say WILL be horrible? It's sort of inevitable that it will happen at some point... :(

Darkdrium777
25th May 2009, 09:07 PM
X-Link can solve these problems.
We know it already works for Pulse.

But I expect they've done some cleverness at SL and Pulse and HD use the same servers, so Pulse support won't be pulled until HD support is pulled.
Of course that's if they're clever. No doubt they are ;)

KIGO1987
25th May 2009, 10:34 PM
Thank **** for that..... Good to hear SL do long term investments in there products;)

Thegide
26th May 2009, 04:12 AM
Has anyone else had problems with ghost runs loading?

Sometimes mine won't load at all, won't run during the first lap of a speed session, or will suddenly jump ahead a few seconds at the start and run ahead of its actual time.

lunar
26th May 2009, 04:01 PM
Yes, the ghosts were broken in one of the patches, 1.30 I think. I have had all sort of different problems with them, including what we may call "Wotan Ghosts" ;) which are ones that go off at a crazy pace that can`t possibly be me. I don`t know if 1.40 fixed these issues or not.

yeldar2097
27th May 2009, 10:12 AM
haha, wotan ghosts, classic :lol

i've found that even if your ghost is a bit ****ed it usually rights itself after a couple of laps and if it's a time trial session then just restart and it should be fine.

that's just what i've heard though, never had any ghost problems :D

yeldar2097
27th May 2009, 10:17 AM
oops, double post, feel free to delete :)

KIGO1987
27th May 2009, 10:23 AM
ghost problems ****. How many of you's seen my ship online as a ghost? Just curious?

yeldar2097
27th May 2009, 10:32 AM
many many many times kigo. pretty much every time i've raced you.

to be perfectly honest, if there's going to be shed loads of lag-ramming for whatever reason (distance, shite connections etc...), i have NO problem with ships being ghosted (so long as it's consistent) during a race. makes things much more bearable. lag-ramming is probably the reason i've gone through several controllers during my time :lol

graeble
4th June 2009, 07:09 PM
hey whats the deal with the global ranking? do your time trial/speed lap/zone times/scores have nothing to do with your overall rank and it all depends on how quickly you made it to legend?

Motorsagmannen
5th June 2009, 03:34 PM
yepp the online ranking system is pretty useless, but if you check out connavars superb leaderboard on the top of the WO-HD section of theforum you will get a much more accurate picture of acctual skill.

graeble
6th June 2009, 02:15 AM
lucky seanywauny. top o' the boards ma!
thanks, i'll do that.

blackwiggle
7th June 2009, 07:29 AM
It's torturously slow advancing past level 40,incremental progression is a lot less ,I'm not entirely sure what protocols are in place that decides this,seems to vary on the size of field,place finished at,ranking of opposing racers,time difference between 1st place, if it's a full moon or a Tuesday....who knows.

That's apart from what speed class you are racing at

DividedXZero
9th June 2009, 01:41 PM
I'm curious about something:

Regarding BR in Moa Therma, i normally manage to do that consistantly on the last turn (I suppose thats the most common location). But i'm curious how many ppl manage to pull off a double BR consistantly there. Essentially after the 1st BR you land on the edge of the track (so it counts as landing) and then boost onto the main track allowing you to chain the 2nd BR. I just cant do it consistanly. This is rapier btw.

Same thing on Ubermall Rev. in phantom, i can manage 3 BR's on the bridge but not consistantly. 1st one as i bear right before the uphill, 2nd at the top of the hill, and 3rd after i scrape the top of the hill and i'm my way down (turning to the right hand side of the split.)

Thanks guys!

Connavar
9th June 2009, 01:54 PM
Moa, I can't do the double BR consistently, the ship needs to bounce
sufficiently high and I need to input the commands quickly enough, but when it
works it looks great :)

Uber Rev is easier: just make sure to actually land on top of the hill then you
can do the 3 BR, you might have to pitch your ship down, otherwise it could
jump over the hill.

yeldar2097
9th June 2009, 05:05 PM
the 2nd BR on moa is made easier if you land on the speedpad i find...
just a though :D

conna, what was that double BR you mentioned on sol2 rev? i think you said something about it in the vids thread in response to pacman's vid of sol fwd :P

DividedXZero
9th June 2009, 05:46 PM
thanks for the feedback guys..guess its back to working on my lines to be consistent with this. But i do agree uber rev. is easier to do than the moa therma i mentioned.

Constrictor
10th June 2009, 10:53 AM
Yesterday, when I scrolled the records in HD I was somehow astonished that one of the formerly top three pilots (z1r0e1, or so) in the onlineranking section did decrease from Level 50 w/ 100% to 50 w/ 99.xx%. OK, there were some changes in the 50/100% ranking positions over time (JJohn was the first who did it), but I did not notice that one player lose percantage. So what does this imply? If you get 50/100% and you will never ever play again, will you decrease in rank and percentage over time compared to the overall leader? Any other explanation?

As I do not actively hunt for online rank I ask myself: will I ever, EVER, make it to 50/100 with the overall leader extending the gap?

multibodydynamics
10th June 2009, 05:28 PM
You lose ranking points if you quit an online race. Maybe that's what he did?

blackwiggle
12th June 2009, 06:54 AM
Even if he quit a race,why would your rankings go down once you reached a 100% of level 50?
This makes me think that this is more of a "Online time on/win ratio"more than anything else.

Crikey I see SINUS1 is up there as well,he has gotten a LOT better in recent weeks,I remember asking him to join races at Phantom speed and he wouldn't unless assist was on.
How things change over a few weeks.
Good one SINUS1 :+

Hemicrania
16th June 2009, 09:20 PM
Question about Anulpha Pass ::

@ the jump to the platform thingy, some of you seem to get under the track and then flip back on it. How do you do that? (or is it some sort of HD bug)

LOUDandPROUD
16th June 2009, 09:33 PM
I think it's called LAG...

blackwiggle
17th June 2009, 07:14 AM
I was wondering.
You lose ranking points for leaving a race,fair enough.

What happens if you join a race,but that race starts before your craft appears,so your not actually racing and you are left sitting in the lobby with your name up there with the others that are racing,then you think I can't be bothered waiting for this race to finish,I'll leave and look for another race.

Do you still lose ranking points?

Constrictor
17th June 2009, 07:26 AM
No, I don't think so.

Esp. for me that never happened or will happen, as my PS3 crashes/freezes when this join-too-late event occurs :lol

blackwiggle
17th June 2009, 01:43 PM
I found that if it takes an abnormally long time to load a race it's a sign that the game will crash and the console freeze up.

I have a cut off point,where I won't wait past a certain amount of time,I just quit the game then start it back up again,then the console won't freeze up.

yeldar2097
17th June 2009, 01:47 PM
last time i played i got that LOADS. PS3 froze up about 6x in 10 minutes :(
i hope it's wipeout and not my PS3 that's ****ed, I like my retro launch model :D

Hemicrania
17th June 2009, 02:30 PM
I think it's called LAG...

Ive cleary seen this dude ride under the bridge and into the deep, and when im on the bridge the craft comes up from under the bridge from the right side and bounces on the track again in front of me. Thats clearly not LAG.

stinkleroy
17th June 2009, 02:32 PM
Hehe that is definately lag...I see it all the time, it's no trick.

LOUDandPROUD
17th June 2009, 04:23 PM
What she said. :)

Hemicrania, sorry if my post came off wrong...it wasn't meant to sound condescending. The tone was a product of my feelings towards lag, not of my feelings towards you or your question. :+

yeldar2097
17th June 2009, 06:34 PM
lag can suck my chuddies.

prime example: you've got rockets and the bastard is in your sights, you let loose the dogs of hell and whaddya know - he's only gone and yoshimitsu'd off the track for a split second so that you miss him completely.

LAG, i hate you! :P

chboing
17th June 2009, 10:33 PM
Spoken like a true prodigy

blackwiggle
17th June 2009, 11:16 PM
That's what makes the Plasmafier badge so hard to get,still haven't got it or Pristine :frown:

Hemicrania
18th June 2009, 11:37 AM
What she said. :)

Hemicrania, sorry if my post came off wrong...it wasn't meant to sound condescending. The tone was a product of my feelings towards lag, not of my feelings towards you or your question. :+

no no no no, you reply was good. I was just wondering if more people find this to be lag. And it seems to be true, so you were right. Too bad, it looks like some sort of powermove haha.

Next question :: why do some servers constantly choose anulpha pass for a track? Is there something special about anulpha?

leungbok
18th June 2009, 11:45 AM
hummm, i call that track "anoobpha", maybe it can answer to your question :lol
Seriously it's an easy track and the zico, zeus, airbreaker... trophies are played on this track. So, lot of people are good on it, look at the rankings they're very tight. ;)

silverfoxy
18th June 2009, 11:51 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how many people choose AP. It does my fecking head in to be honest. And VinK must be the 2nd most popular choice. Dullsville.

Hemicrania
18th June 2009, 12:09 PM
I dont mind riding it once or twice in an online session, but not the whole time!! If im the host I always choose a different track for each single race. Variation is essentail.

DawnFireDragoon
19th June 2009, 12:22 AM
Here's a few random one's for you guys...

On the official site, there are only 8 team wallpapers available.

did SL ever get around to making the other 4?
are they avalable from anywhere?
if not, do they plan to make any?
any new ones for Fury too?

Hemicrania
19th June 2009, 07:44 AM
yeah, and I need the rest of the ships for the set of avatars.

Ey, there seems to something wrong with HD online, weapon pickups dont work anymore, ships are slow... Whats going on? (could fury be knocking on our doors?)

mo-glove
28th June 2009, 04:08 PM
Does it work on a non-HD tellie?
Do you get to modify the ships?
Does it have any reference to the old leagues? (F9000 and such)
Why is the zone mode so strange?:?

KIGO1987
28th June 2009, 04:12 PM
ACE-FLO got banned, does anyone know why?

Darkdrium777
28th June 2009, 05:53 PM
Because of the messages he was sending/left on the visitor page to/for Jabberjaw and myself.
Fortunately the ignore feature exists.

ProblemSolver
29th June 2009, 02:56 AM
I'm looking for "the" Feisar font (used within WipEout HD). Anyone have it?

XBARNSTERX
29th June 2009, 03:04 AM
Has anyone ever set records that never registered? I paused and clicked on end session, but nothing :frown:

leungbok
29th June 2009, 06:49 AM
It happened to me several months ago, a sl record on moa forward, the time never appeared but the ghost were saved :eek

XBARNSTERX
29th June 2009, 08:25 AM
Yeah same thing , moa reverse though. New WR venom class. 34.56. can't get near that time again. Also the the same on chenghou reverse, but luckily i managed to better that again. Is there no way to fix this?

leungbok
29th June 2009, 08:46 AM
No, improving your time is the only solution !^^

XBARNSTERX
29th June 2009, 08:49 AM
Thats what i feared lol, thanks leungbok;)

Constrictor
29th June 2009, 10:04 AM
Well, there is a way 'forcing' records to be updated. Though I don't now if all previously achieved records will be processed.

how-to:
go offline. no PSN connect. start WOHD
do a record on any offline track/mode (Leaderboard should say s/t like record by 'Player 1')
quit WOHD (and restart, may not be necessary)
go PSN online and start WOHD
access records
WOHD should sync record(s) now

+hth

leungbok
29th June 2009, 12:04 PM
Yes, if the record is saved at least offline. But if the record disappears from your offline hud, you're f***d. :brickwall
@Xbarnterx: you'll have to beat a 34.48 on moa rev venom for a rank 1, so, less regret about your lost record i hope ;)

XBARNSTERX
29th June 2009, 12:40 PM
Yes less regret , great time you set there. I still wish my 34.56 was up instead of 34.84 though. Have to say i knew the record wouldnt last long;)

pirahpac
29th June 2009, 05:26 PM
@Xbarnterx: you'll have to beat a 34.48 on moa rev venom for a rank 1, so, less regret about your lost record i hope ;)

lol mate u are a fantastic "fourbe ":nod

leungbok
29th June 2009, 06:52 PM
Please mods ban this guy, he insulted me : "fourbe" = disingenuous (if my translator's correct, lol). ;)

pirahpac
29th June 2009, 06:59 PM
oh no !! plz noooo ! :cold ;)

afatsuoM
30th June 2009, 08:15 AM
1. Does it work on a non-HD tellie?
2. Do you get to modify the ships?
3. Does it have any reference to the old leagues? (F9000 and such)
4. Why is the zone mode so strange?:?

1. Yes.
2. No, but you can unlock skins.
3. Not as far as I know.
4. The Zone mode rocks!

XBARNSTERX
30th June 2009, 04:40 PM
OK now i cant sign in , says psn network undergoing maintenance, what gives. First records dont update and now this. my friends can still sign in so why cant I :frown:

alterego
3rd July 2009, 08:42 AM
Hi All.

sorry for this question which surely will have been in the past.

I did not understand how it is increased the level of skill online.

I'm aware that the maximum level is 50, but I don't understand how it can increase more rapidly.

I especially wonder: how many hours should you play online a day to reach the maximum level?

I have noticed that not very strong players have already reached the maximum level possible, while I have seen players stronger still at levels considerably lower.

how does the allocation of level work?

thanks for your attention.

-- -------

A little note about a particular type of lag that sometimes happened to me.

I call it: 'Time Lag'

When i'm on the grid with all other pilots ready to go, when the countdown start it appear function for the others and not for me.

when the race start i see the others ship fly away in front of me and i start e little later than others.

I partecipate in the same game and i stay behind the others with mines and bombs a lot in front of me ..... :D but......my time start a little later and sometimes happened that i win with the best time even if i'm second or third on the arrive.

does It happened to someone else?

read you soon
cdrom

Asayyeah
3rd July 2009, 10:13 AM
yes to me when i was at your home matey ;) seriously speaking from all the destination i went and played under different ISP i never attempted such lag you have at the start.
Try to ask Sylvio B. not to invest too much into young blonde girls but better in the internet system of your country ;)

alterego
3rd July 2009, 10:31 AM
Hi Asa, hi all.

........ah ah ah ah! :D

...I think that he is a perfect navigator under the sheets in search of mice and is not in the same use of mouse on the web side.... ;)

read you soon
cdrom

Constrictor
3rd July 2009, 11:28 AM
Hi alterego(rr) - we met a lot of times in the past.

From my experience there are a few rules of thumb on how level increase is calculated:

- it's a digressive function. with higher your level is you need (a lot!) more races to finish to achieve to the next level. ok that's obvious by now.

- your actual increase per race depends on the 'time' the race lasts and maybe if it's a tourney or not. Not sure about that. So a 3 lap venom equals a 4 lap rapier on terms of level gain. a 20 lap venom is rated higher - not sure if it's linear.

- the place you finish and maybe the time difference you have to the winner or to your follow ups does matter. If you finish first in an 8 player race with 5 and more seconds lead your level increase will be higher than a photo finish.

- don't quit a race. that will deduct some points - that's what others think. I never quit races ;)

- an average of .5 to .7% increase in Std phantom multiplayer is what I calculate with level 35/40 and above. So 150 to 200 races are needed to go to the next level. Wow that is much :o

And btw, this is a best guess.

And there is an annoying thing happening. At least I'd name two 'players' who are camping in races e.g. they join but do not race. But as they finish the race they doe gain level points. This suck! Not because of their increase, but they stay at the start/finish line and they happen to be faulty targets for weapons and sometimes you just crash into them at the start. The race than is mostly f'up.

LOUDandPROUD
3rd July 2009, 02:34 PM
@ alterego - That used to happen to me all the time...very annoying. I could always tell when it was going to happen too, as once the counter started ticking down at the start line, all the ships (excluding my own) would slowly start levitating higher and higher off the ground until the word "GO!", at which time they would all shoot off into the distance with a bluish blur. I've since upgraded my internet speed and gone to a wired connection and I have never had that problem again.

hIGHWAYtOhEAVEN
3rd July 2009, 03:17 PM
yes to me when i was at your home matey ;) seriously speaking from all the destination i went and played under different ISP i never attempted such lag you have at the start.
Try to ask Sylvio B. not to invest too much into young blonde girls but better in the internet system of your country ;)

I absolutely agree with you sir.... :clap

eLhabib
3rd July 2009, 04:29 PM
Ah, but you can never spend enough money on young blonde girls! :pirate

KIGO1987
3rd July 2009, 04:54 PM
I went to this cafe a lunch time today, there where these couple of french waitresses, so nice, nice face, nice accent, nice bum too, these where ****ing hot too. They where Uni students too, i wonder if they are at the same uni as i.

This what makes me want to travel to Europe.

Handmadelion
5th July 2009, 01:53 AM
Gawd, I wish the lobby played your custom soundtracks. That stupid title screen theme can throw off your mood sometimes. Especially if you're deep in a state of one of your albums/playlists. Something to consider, SL!

crawdad62
5th July 2009, 02:01 AM
I agree about the title music. I wouldn't exactly call it stupid but after almost a year of it, almost daily it is wearing a bit thin.

Reezy
5th July 2009, 07:08 PM
I wish they wouldn't lower the volume at the end of a race either :(((((((

KIGO1987
8th July 2009, 09:56 AM
Who out there owns a Radar Detector for there car?

hIGHWAYtOhEAVEN
8th July 2009, 02:58 PM
Yesterday it happened to me twice to be kicked out of an online tournament in the middle of the race, and i was 1st in both circumstances :( I was obviously pissed off.....
Does anyone of you experienced this kind of issue?
THX GUYS

blackwiggle
9th July 2009, 01:25 PM
Did all the other player leave the race first?
That will do it.
Or did your connection just quit?

hIGHWAYtOhEAVEN
9th July 2009, 02:15 PM
It happened again yesterday, a couple of times while playing online the game freezes during the race or during the loading screen, this is sooo tedious.....
Summarizing i am experiencing connection losses and freezing issues these days.. :(
Can you suggest me a way to fix these problems or will i have just to wait for a patch?

silverfoxy
9th July 2009, 02:24 PM
I've found that if you join a race in the 3 seconds between the host starting the countdown and you joining that the game will always crash on the loading screen.

I just quit out by pressing the PS button and reloading the game. If you leave it too long the whole system freezes and the only way to fix it then is to turn the PS3 off at the back.

I hope it will be patched soon when Fury comes out

Constrictor
9th July 2009, 03:53 PM
@silverfox073: this has been reported in the bug section twice. For me it never happend again since fw2.80 was released and installed. Even those moments when I knew it will happen to freeze soon are gone since 2.80.

silverfoxy
9th July 2009, 05:46 PM
2.80 hasn't fixed anything for me, if anything, its made certain aspects worse.
I know the bug I mentioned before has happened to others as I heard it mentioned in the Avalon chatbox over the weekend. I don't know if they have installed 2.80 or not though.
Today in races I was having weapons taking 2-3 seconds to register. Most annoying but lately I just accept it as one of the pitfalls of Wipeout. Set a couple of PBs so it can't be all bad just wish it was always perfect.

djKyoto
18th July 2009, 01:21 PM
I heard it helps if you change the acceleration Sensitivity setting to 100% or something like that.

I just (and always had it) on the default settings of 30%

Edit: nm, Keeping it on 30% as I don't usually push the button hard and I'm finding myself coming off 100% thrust at 100% Sensitivity.

LOUDandPROUD
18th July 2009, 04:13 PM
From what I've read here, as well as from personal experience, acceleration sensitivity should always be set at 10%...

Darkdrium777
20th July 2009, 03:11 AM
Yes, it should be at 10%. :)

Spece2goin
22nd July 2009, 10:53 AM
i got a question about the new patch.

if you let the menu and don't touch your controller for a moment, a random demo race starts.
i saw on it that some ships have a Red exhaust (not blue), like we can see on Fury trailer.
But nothing on racebox.

How to get it?

silverfoxy
22nd July 2009, 11:06 AM
I'm guessing we will get that tomorrow when Fury is released.

blackwiggle
22nd July 2009, 12:21 PM
It's called a TEASER ,you want it download it.:rock

chalovak
23rd July 2009, 07:59 AM
Sorry, if it's a repitition.
We know, that there is infinite amount of Zones in Zone mode.
I'm wondering what are the names of the Speed classes after Super-Sonic.

Darkdrium777
23rd July 2009, 08:00 AM
There isn't one.

OBH
23rd July 2009, 07:52 PM
Whats the deal with HD crashing?
Was trying to play on a mates "non fury" copy today, couldnt finish a single race without it crashing.

chalovak
23rd July 2009, 08:52 PM
where is a shortcut on the Amphiseum track reverse?

mic-dk
24th July 2009, 09:13 AM
Chalovak - check the Trophy Help Thread. DD777 has posted nice video.

Now, on to my question: Do any of you Fury heads know if the reverse tracks are included in the campaign?

Darkdrium777
24th July 2009, 10:14 AM
Yes they are.
And my video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS9zo524HUw&fmt=22) for Amphi-scenic.

Sideshow
24th July 2009, 10:17 AM
Can someone tell me how much hard disk space wipeout+fury takes up? I'd check on my PS3 but I'm stuck at work.

Answer: It's 1831mb

Darkdrium777
24th July 2009, 10:38 AM
738mb

Sideshow
24th July 2009, 10:54 AM
Cheers

mic-dk
24th July 2009, 11:32 AM
Yes they are.
And my video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS9zo524HUw&fmt=22) for Amphi-scenic.

Outstanding. I think I need to take early off from work today and dive into the campaign then :)

chalovak
24th July 2009, 11:57 AM
Can someone tell me how much hard disk space wipeout+fury takes up? I'd check on my PS3 but I'm stuck at work.

738mb

I guess it's 1700+ MB

Sideshow
24th July 2009, 04:42 PM
It's 1831mb, I just checked.

Hemicrania
24th July 2009, 06:20 PM
erm can somebody tell me why its updating now? version 2.01 109 mb...thats allot...

Is this the server glitch fix? (got HD and Fury)

Darkdrium777
24th July 2009, 06:27 PM
Yes it's probably a re-upload of the 2.00 patch with the scroll fix. Probably nothing else.

leungbok
24th July 2009, 07:04 PM
Ahhh, f***k, i have a glitched time on Fury, a 1.30.34 on talon's junction single race phantom, 0 speedpads :brickwall

Hemicrania
24th July 2009, 08:47 PM
question : how many custom-tracks can wipeout hd/fury randomly play? (whats the max?)

Aeroracer
24th July 2009, 08:51 PM
yes 10%, otherwise you will find when you absorb or shoot your finger lightens off button and you low down

Slow=loser....no one wants that to happen:nod:nod:nod

Darkdrium777
24th July 2009, 08:52 PM
question : how many custom-tracks can wipeout hd/fury randomly play? (whats the max?)Unlimited afaik. I have the full WipeOut OST which consists of around a hundred tracks, and they all play.

IH8YOU
25th July 2009, 01:09 AM
Wasn't one of the changes with Fury - going to include the ability to change music tracks / playlists in the lobby?

Was this feature dropped, or is it invisible, do you have to enable it? Particular hud required?

Or did I just imagine this whole thing??? (very possible)

okam
25th July 2009, 02:06 AM
If its there I can't see it... just the option to selevt which track to start playing. I would looooove customised playlists! Especially if you could mix'n'match with your own mp3s.

Darkdrium777
25th July 2009, 04:28 AM
It was in the promo screenshots but Paul said that these weren't taken in-game. My guess is it was a planned feature that got dropped at the last second.

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 04:32 AM
I am so very curious as to those last unlocked skins in the game new to Fury. We all are gradually unlocking out zone battle skins for our favorite ships but what are these second, mysterious skins? :hyper

leungbok
25th July 2009, 06:42 AM
In Fury campaign on a single race event, i saw an AI doing a br :eek It was on the last big jump of amphiseum reverse and it was the first time i saw AI br-ing. I didn't know that AI's pilots were created with Pirahpac's DNA :lol

rdmx
25th July 2009, 07:11 AM
Yeah I've seen AI barrel rolling before, but they won't roll on the tricky spots, just the big-ass jumps.

yeldar2097
25th July 2009, 12:00 PM
question: how the hell am i in a 3 lap flash race? i thought the minimum was 4 laps for flash....

Hellfire_WZ
25th July 2009, 10:17 PM
Amphiseum reverse - Can anyone honestly see themselves using the shortcut in a race? To me it seems far too risky as the margin for error is so great...:?

Handmadelion
25th July 2009, 10:20 PM
I do it every time I have a boost relatively before that area. That jump is like sweet sweet candy to me. And I hit it just about every time now.

Hellfire_WZ
25th July 2009, 10:27 PM
Never mind - realised I was boosting too early which is why I was dropping short :brickwall

Got it now :)

yeldar2097
26th July 2009, 01:58 AM
question: if you choose one of the fury ships but the game give you one of the original ships (you know how it sometimes chooses the wrong skin etc...), do you still get the extra stats or not?

Sausehuhn
26th July 2009, 11:01 AM
Question: could anyone list the six Fury music tracks added to the game?

Handmadelion
26th July 2009, 02:22 PM
why, it'd be my pleasure Sausehuhn

Noisia - Machine Gune
Gingy - Swagger
The CRystal Method - Acetone
TheTouch - Le Night Dominator
Spector - Just Hiss
Two Fingers - Marmite
Ed Rush, Optical and Matrix - Frontline
Move Ya! and Steve Lavers - Chemical
MIST - Smart systems
DJ Fresh - X-project (100% Pure Mix)
Mason - Exceeder (Special Mix)
Booka Shade - Steady Rush
Kraftwerk - Aero Dynamik
Noisia - Seven stitches
Stanton Warriors - Tokyo

Darkdrium777
26th July 2009, 04:16 PM
Marmite has to be the worst track in there, the beginning with those sounds is just ugly... It redeems itself with the intermittent effects that are added, but only by a little. The others all rock though :rock

Sideshow
27th July 2009, 10:49 AM
You can switch playlist/track on the fly in game in the pause menu. Don't think you can do it in the pre-race lobby.

Hemicrania
27th July 2009, 12:03 PM
Strangely enough, I dislike the entire Fury soundtrack... HD was much better. Hell I don't need it, Ive got 70 custom tracks wich are perfect!

IDReaper
27th July 2009, 12:30 PM
I love the new soundtrack, it's full of breakbeat and electro house! I could leave Gingy - Swagger on forever. For some reason I always get Le Night Dominator on Modesto and Acetone on Tech De Ra, maybe a strange coincidence?

okam
27th July 2009, 01:42 PM
I agree with Hemicrania, I only like the Noisia track out of all the Fury tracks. Can't find it for sale anywhere, so I can't include it in my custom tracklist either :/

okam
27th July 2009, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know if ships' shield stats matter at all in eliminator? I can't really tell any difference between using Harimau and Triakis. Do all ships just get max shields?

SaturnReturn
27th July 2009, 05:27 PM
Can someone exlpain this one for me? It's probably pretty simple:

What's the difference between custom soundtracks and built in ones? They're all read and played off the hard drive, right? But custom tracks definitely take longer to load and fail sometimes. Why is that?

Darkdrium777
27th July 2009, 07:28 PM
okam: shield stat seems to matter only for collisions between ships and the track walls, or ship to ship. Weapons deal fixed amounts of damage, and barrel rolls take a fixed amount of energy. In Eliminator, it doesn't matter at all xD

Saturn: It's the way WipEout HD is "designed." If you see what I mean...

Hemicrania
27th July 2009, 07:31 PM
damn fury useless topics... this forum is getting flooded with random sjit. Can people please use the search button???

on the custom soundtrack issue. Had one weird glitch, the music stopped suddenly...and moved on a minute later...but not began where it ended. Like it muted for a minute...weird. But no problems with loading times(I think...havnt used the original soundtrack in ages.)

Darkdrium777
27th July 2009, 07:38 PM
lol dude seriously. :lol I agree, people need to use the search function and browse other forums than "WipEout HD" where they would find this (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6556)...

LOUDandPROUD
27th July 2009, 08:22 PM
okam: shield stat seems to matter only for collisions between ships and the track walls, or ship to ship. Weapons deal fixed amounts of damage, and barrel rolls take a fixed amount of energy. In Eliminator, it doesn't matter at all xD

Funny, apparently this wasn't known back when I expressed concerns over everyone using Triakis for eliminator due to it's obvious shield advantage (after it was announced for Fury, but before it was released). I thought that would be quite boring, but with this newfound knowledge you provided, it seems I can begin using whatever ship I want now, without it being a handicap. Cool!

okam
27th July 2009, 09:26 PM
Everyone used Triakis for the first 2 days, but a few days later you see all sorts of ships (80% of players use Icaras regardless of event/speed/track ^^)

allstyles
28th July 2009, 02:40 PM
for most tracks rapier or slower i think it is a good ship.

for phantom it just does not turn at the right speed...

KIGO1987
28th July 2009, 03:04 PM
You got to be very quick on the airbrakes/sideshifts with Triakis in Phantom speed, it pays off for sure.

Artieficial
28th July 2009, 03:42 PM

Saturn: It's the way WipEout HD is "designed." If you see what I mean...

This is actually very good to know. Thank you. :)

Hemicrania
28th July 2009, 07:44 PM
the 4 zone tracks in fury as normal ones...I want it...NOW!! :rock

Darkdrium777
29th July 2009, 12:16 AM
Server is offline? I got kicked and can't connect anymore.

yeldar2097
29th July 2009, 12:33 AM
Possible reason (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6575)

could be it. don't actually know what the date is atm....

Darkdrium777
29th July 2009, 01:06 AM
No, I'm still connected to the PSN.
Still can't get online on WipEout HD.
"Mistywing" PSN ID works fine though.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Works fine now... o_0

DividedXZero
29th July 2009, 01:36 PM
Well while waiting on the starting grid last night for the last person to connect into the race (took over a minute due to thier d/c/leaving), I had a chance to look around the track(Metropia fwd) as it displayed it for us. And something caught my eye...One of the billboards showed was a Tigron advertisement..

I highly doubt it, but do my eyes decieve me?
I'm almost sure it was not EG-X.

So what would be the purpose of the Tigron ad?
-What role do they play in WOHD if they are not a racing team?

Motorsagmannen
29th July 2009, 01:57 PM
ye i noticed that add myself, even took a nice picture. a true wtf moment indeed

rdmx
29th July 2009, 02:07 PM
Well the dam in sebenco climb (or w/e it is) has a gigantic van uber logo on it.

KIGO1987
29th July 2009, 02:08 PM
Tri-gon logo on Metropia too

NightArh
29th July 2009, 02:12 PM
Hm... Its pity wipeouthddotcom site isnt updated to Fury for look on all this stuff :(

Amorbis
29th July 2009, 02:35 PM
The Tigron billboard is very visible whilst racing on Metropia Reverse, just before the vertical-crazy-hill-thing if you glance to your right you should see it. I've attached an image of it below for easier viewing (I didn't take the photo, I found it on Google Images so thanks to whoever took it!)

You should also note that the billboard looks 'old', as though it's been there since the 2197 FX300 league :P.

darkfaerytales
29th July 2009, 03:22 PM
that issues about tigron - van uber billboards around some tracks was old stuff, was highly argued since last winter, anyway my question...

with all that frame drops, stutters and tearing with the new fury tracks, what i can do? it has become unbearable

p.s. only in the 4 fury tracks

yeldar2097
29th July 2009, 11:30 PM
How the bloody hell can the AI shoot me with the canon while I'm in mid-air SUCCESFULLY attempting the amphiseum shortcut?! grrrrrrrrrrrr

KIGO1987
29th July 2009, 11:46 PM
Some of the AI in the game a shapeshifting bastards, i wonder too sometimes how the bloody hell did that ship achieve that, happens all too often.

jimsin
30th July 2009, 03:09 AM
Quick question from me about playlists. Can't see it answered elsewhere.

I love the music that comes with HD/Fury but would like to have a playlist that incorporated both the default game music, and my own custom tracks.

Now obviously I could do this by buying the default tracks and adding them to my playlist - but since they're already on the PS3 hard drive somewhere, I was wondering if it's possible to somehow find the files, and add them to the custom playlist?

Darkdrium777
30th July 2009, 04:05 AM
Hook up PS3 to audio line in on computer using this (http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4218/41mhsmbrchlsl500aa280.jpg) + this (http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9440/206715788tp.jpg) + this (http://a.imagehost.org/view/0782/3307060006322)

Start a race with sound effects at 0%, and music effects off.
Select music in audio options.

On computer, download Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) and do the following:
In your sound card drivers, make sure that the line in is not muted, to do so check the "Recording" or "Input" section of your sound card control panel, and adjust so that only the line in you are using and the master control volumes are up. Keep it open too, you might need to adjust this volume later so that it doesn't overshoot in Audacity (You'll find out when you press record, if the blue waves on the Audacity interface aren't tall enough, put the volume in your control panel higher, if they are too high, bring it down.)
Open Audacity, do Ctrl+P, switch to "File formats." You want to set it for the music format you prefer, for quality. You want to use MP3 for the PS3, so you will need lame_enc.dll (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?lame_enc), download and extract anywhere on your PC, you will have to leave it there after. Click "Find Library" in Audacity and locate the lame_enc.dll file.
Now also in Audacity, in the preferences, switch to "Audio I/O" tab, under the "Recording" section and select your line in where you plugged in your PS3. Sometimes, depending on sound card model, it will divide every input, sometimes it will just say sound card name. Choose number of Channels you want to record (Custom soundtracks on PS3 play only on Stereo.)

Once everything is set, press the record button in Audacity, and start your race. Fool around until the end of the music, press the stop button. Trim the audio track of the silence bits by selecting (Just click and drag, very instinctive) and pressing the Delete key. You can undo with Ctrl+Z.
If there is noise on the line in you are using, try another (If possible) or use the noise removal filter. Select a silent bit with only noise, go to "Effect" and select "Noise Removal", click "Get Noise Profile" and then select the whole song, go to "Noise Removal" again under "Effect", adjust slider until you get a good noise removal without song distortion (This can be hard to do, so best to use a line in with no noise.)

yeldar2097
30th July 2009, 11:39 AM
just a quick question (again):
you know how you get people who want other people to beat zico for them (amongst other things)? they get somewhat frowned upon yes? does it still count as the same sort of thing if you tell them exactly what to do and when? cos i may have helped a certain someone who was staying at my house and he managed to beat zico after 10 laps and he'd only been playing WO for 3 days (not actualy gametime)..... is that normal?

blackwiggle
30th July 2009, 01:15 PM
NO it is not normal.

Charge him a fee......say a new pair of shoes for you....[not Churches brogues]:?

DividedXZero
30th July 2009, 01:23 PM
@DD777

I did a similiar thing to get the Fusion tracks, but i Windows Media center, so i hooked up my ps2 (no differenty than doing the ps3). Recorded a race (video+audio) and i used a freeware program Virtual dub that just strips the audio from any video. But it does it in *.wav, but i converted the wav into an .mp3.

**But i never distributed anything, it stays as part of my personal collection of music.

fragje
30th July 2009, 02:35 PM
can some1 explain what "bsb" is/was?
i stumbled upon the expression here and there.

KIGO1987
30th July 2009, 02:44 PM
barrel roll - select - barrel roll

It was a TT and SL techniques that Leungbok or Pacman created to cut down of record times.

yeldar2097
30th July 2009, 05:12 PM
and the good men at Studio Liverpool changed the feature so people wouldn't take advantage.... although i found a few loopholes just to demonstrate (i can't be arsed to acctually use it)

fragje
30th July 2009, 06:26 PM
cheers for the explanatio. i hate the fact that i cannot get new boosts by pushing select anymore. means i'll only get half as many usable runs on my way to beating zico :/

silverfoxy
30th July 2009, 06:52 PM
You can still cancel the current lap you're on.

You have to hold the L1 button (default controls) for 3 seconds on a speed lap and it will give you the boost back

They changed it by making you hold it for 2-3 seconds so you couldn't boost, press select and boost again right at the end of the lap.

fragje
30th July 2009, 07:15 PM
aahhh i see :)
lots of reconfiguring of buttons..
i was wondering how SL worked out the fact that L1 used to be "voice chat" and now its the 180 spin on eleminator. then i figured they set the voice chat to "auto activate" which is a good resaon to leave the microphone aside...

jimsin
30th July 2009, 08:20 PM
My goodness Darkdrium777 - did you write all that yourself just for me? (and the other person who asked the same question by coincidence today).

I do actually have Audacity, that lame.enc.dll, and the required leads - so I might just give all that a go. I was kinda hoping that somebody would say "oh, the mp3 files are in there with your game saves, and you can just add them to your playlist" - or something less effort intensive.

Huge thanks for the extremely detailed explanation though - if anybody ever accuses you of being unhelpful, then just point them to this forum - you're like the Mother Teresa of Wipeout! :D

Darkdrium777
30th July 2009, 08:42 PM
Yes I did write that in reply to you.
I've already done it myself and removed "Marmite" :blarg

jimsin
30th July 2009, 10:44 PM
hehe - well thanks again.

If you took all the time to write that, then I think that I should take the time to implement it.

*searches for leads*

tileon
30th July 2009, 10:52 PM
I think this wipeout is "wipeout fury" now. Not wipeout HD. I don't say HD anymore.

I hope this is not to random and that it fits here. :beer

Hellfire_WZ
30th July 2009, 11:21 PM
Maybe a silly question and perhaps I should really know this... the thrust stat has no effect on speed pads does it? I've just told someone it doesn't and the seeds of doubt have now been sown...

tileon
30th July 2009, 11:37 PM
I find this is a strange question comming from a fellow Goteki user :). Of course it helps squeeze juice from the speed pads, otherwise your favourite ship would be rubbish.

This or I'm delusional?
:beer

Hellfire_WZ
31st July 2009, 12:46 AM
Never mind, checked it myself. The pads accelerate you to a fixed speed, no matter what your thrust value is.

Motorsagmannen
31st July 2009, 11:33 AM
more a remark than a question, but.
in online races it is now incredibly hard to change ships in a full room :(
the countdown is just to fast. this applies right after the track has been selected, i think its two second gap.
so in my experience if you host a full room changing ship is near impossible.
this was not that hard in HD x(.
do anyone else feel the same way?

okam
31st July 2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah, been stuck with a ship I didn't want more than once...

yeldar2097
31st July 2009, 01:20 PM
that's because in HD when the time started by itself (i.e. not being started by the host) the game would let you stay in the ship select screen. In fury it now takes you to the main room without letting you choose. this still happens if you are the host which is super annoying.

please change it back SL :)

Haywire_Guy
1st August 2009, 12:18 PM
Hi all, apologies if this has already been asked before, but i saw a player using a Silvery-transparent version of Icarus on the original Wipeout HD, his name was Ray_Crisis or something, and i was wondering how you unlock that particular skin?

Btw ive already got the Livery Liberation trophy and there only seems to be a pitch black version of the crafts after you get a medal in all events.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

yeldar2097
1st August 2009, 12:26 PM
pitch black? it's meant to be silver....
hmmm

Cerbis
1st August 2009, 12:34 PM
Most likely he had a symbol next to his team in the game lobby, like a stylized F with a circle around it?
He was probably using the Fury Zone Battle Icaras ship.
The 2.00 update to Wipeout HD adds the ships from the Fury expansion to not cause too great a divide in the playerbase.
If you want the ship for yourself, you'll need the Fury expansion and beat the new campaign. Highly recommended!

Haywire_Guy
1st August 2009, 01:45 PM
Sorry i now know that he was simply using the silver version of the Fury craft xD. hadnt been online in ages and the silver craft looked a bit weird to me thats all. Downloading Fury in a couple days, thanks Cerbis and yeldar, i appreciate your help =]

Cerbis
2nd August 2009, 02:10 AM
No problem! You're very welcome. :D

Aeroracer
3rd August 2009, 04:00 PM
True or false........

I was told by an extremly good high rankingonline player (good as in he is ridicolously fast and wins most games) that your ships maximum top speed is determined by your online rank with regards to online racing only and the higher your online rank the faster you go.basically a handicap system that favours the skilled player.
does anyone know anything about this

Darkdrium777
3rd August 2009, 04:04 PM
False. Whoever he is he's a funny guy :lol

Top speeds are as follow (For the old ships, haven't done the new ones):

===================================
To: FX-350 Racing Committee
Sender: Synchro Logistics Supervision Bureau
Object: Ship Top-Speed Analysis
Date: February 24th 2206

Following the thrust analysis test results, here are the top speeds observed for every craft.

Icaras - Top Speed 10: 792 km/h
Piranha - Top Speed 10: 792 km/h
Auricom - Top Speed 9: 789 km/h
Triakis - Top Speed 9: 789 km/h
Assegai - Top Speed 8: 786 km/h
EG-X - Top Speed 8: 786 km/h
Harimau - Top Speed 8: 786 km/h
Mirage - Top Speed 8: 786 km/h
Qirex - Top Speed 8: 786 km/h
AG-Systems - Top Speed 7: 784 km/h
Feisar - Top Speed 7: 784 km/h
Goteki45 - Top Speed 7: 784 km/h

These tests were also performed on a flat surface, and the results were obtained once the ship had reached it's visible top speed displayed on the speedometer integrated in the ship's heads up display.

From these results, it appears that the top speed is a fixed value depending on the characteristic of the craft.

We are also happy to report that no more shall the steering apparatuses of the ships break down as quickly as before, due to the fact that pilots do not need to lower the nose of the ship constantly, since during our tests we have noted that such a technique no longer has an effect on the reachable speed of the craft by its own means of propulsion.

Study or cornering and armour durability are required to fully assess craft performance.

Tests sponsored by Synchro LogisticsĀ®, Official Timings™ of the FX-350 Racing League.
Thanks to the Anulpha PassĀ® Track Management team for providing us with a testing ground.

End Message.

From here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5894). ;)

yeldar2097
3rd August 2009, 05:04 PM
I was told by an extremly good high rankingonline player (good as in he is ridicolously fast and wins most games) that your ships maximum top speed is determined by your online rank with regards to online racing only and the higher your online rank the faster you go.basically a handicap system that favours the skilled player.
does anyone know anything about this

False - I'm pretty sure he was just having a giggle cos it ain't true ;)

Question of my own here (regarding playlists): Is there a way to put pre-selected playlists on one's PS3? As in, I have loads of music that i want to put on my PS3 but I want to make lots of different playlists. I could do this quite easily but it would take about 100000 years to sort through the music (because obviously the songs wouldn't be in the right order to be selected).
Is there an easier way? eg: is it possible to arrange stuff into playlists before putting it on the PS3 therefore making it easier to choose songs for each playlist?
:D i know it was a bit long-winded but i wasn't sure whether i was getting my point accross :P

stinkleroy
3rd August 2009, 05:23 PM
Don't think so Yeld. You can sort your music by import date which I suppose is the next best thing, then just select the tracks you must recently imported for your playlist :)

XBARNSTERX
3rd August 2009, 05:44 PM
Anyone know where i can find a fury theme for my ps3?

yeldar2097
3rd August 2009, 05:49 PM
Don't think so Yeld. You can sort your music by import date which I suppose is the next best thing, then just select the tracks you must recently imported for your playlist :)

you sure about that? i can only sort by album, artist, genre, track, and release year.

I even tried changing the release year on itunes (cos i don't really care about that bit :P) and it didn't work.... -_-

back to the drawing board :lol

okam
3rd August 2009, 05:54 PM
You can make your own playlists on the PS3 (music - playlist - create new).

I usually just create a custom genre in iTunes though, and sort by genre on the PS3. Ofcourse you can use a standalone mp3-tagger if you prefer.

Doesn't really mess up the iTunes library since I usually sort my artist/album anyway, and most of my game music are singles or compilations that don't really belong anywhere else anyway.

stinkleroy
3rd August 2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah I'm sure Yeld, you must be looking at the 'group content' option...above that there's a 'sort by' menu where you can sort by import date, I know because that's what I did for my playlists :)

yeldar2097
3rd August 2009, 09:55 PM
...i don't have a sort by option :(
i shall take a piccie as proof :D my ps3 clearly doesn't want to make life easy for me.
i shall give it a slap and see what happens :P

okam
3rd August 2009, 11:27 PM
It's the square button on your controller.

Don't press anything, just navigate to the "music" section where it lists all your music files. You have to keep pressing the square button to flip through the different sorting methods (current method will be showing on your screen).

yeldar2097
4th August 2009, 12:06 AM
Pressing square:

x0 --> All
x1 -->By album
x2 --> by artist
x3 --> by genre
x4 --> by track
x5 --> by release year
x6 --> all

-_-

thanks for all the suggestions so far :) i guess i'll have to keep looking :(