PDA

View Full Version : HD Online Meetings

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

emwu23
15th October 2008, 12:53 AM
Thanks Cnmth ,you kicked my ass. auch it still hurts :D

Gavin_
15th October 2008, 06:55 PM
Had to quit because Belgium is playing against Spain, Hellfire .. Nice races (but I failed at Chenghou as usual)!

Alex1234 is sending me insulting messages .. -_-

Hellfire_WZ
15th October 2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah, you're certainly not to be taken lightly ;)

Good timing too, I hear you lot have gone 1-0 up

Gavin_
15th October 2008, 10:04 PM
And they stole the victory eventually! 1-2 in the last minute .. :twisted

So too frustrated for some studying, I played some online races against Hellfire again and the evening became even more horrible. One weak race after the other. Sixaxis was flying throughout the living room ... several times.

I was most annoyed by slow racers who crash into me in a bend. I'm used to the ghostlike system of Trackmania so this really irritates me ... and my EG-X isn't really stable. I think Hellfire has less troubles with that because he is flying with the aircraft carrier of a Qirex. =p

Anyway; Sucky races from me but extremely good use of weapons from Hellfire. Need to learn that as fast as possible ..

Hellfire_WZ
15th October 2008, 10:25 PM
Actually, I wish I was better with weapons. AG Assassin is the only trophy I've got left to get and I royally suck at eleminations.

Good stuff tonight mate, that **** was bananas ;)

eLhabib
16th October 2008, 12:23 PM
Just had a few nice races with Gavin, very cool action. Also the only fast pilot out there with EG-X. Man, I wish Assegai wasn't so popular, I wanna feel special! :(

Gavin_
16th October 2008, 12:26 PM
Aaaaah, eLhabib. :dizzy

Got a general remark (experienced it with Hellfire as well for instance): I cannot understand a single word of the voice chatting ..

Oh, and another one: I need a pausebutton in multiplayer!

eLhabib
16th October 2008, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I noticed you were away on the Chenghou races... anyway good fun, and I sure hope they fix voicechat soon!

TheFrostE
17th October 2008, 02:58 AM
im getting on for a little bit right now guys. ill host a tourney/single race room

eLhabib
18th October 2008, 02:37 PM
I'm gonna be on now, for a couple of hours - would love to race some 'zoners, so get your ass online :D

Aka-sho
18th October 2008, 04:30 PM
I'm very happy to race with you !
Thanks eLhabib, haymister and Sven-RIT. :)

Gavin_
18th October 2008, 05:03 PM
It has to be said:

Missiles are for wussies.

:p

eLhabib
18th October 2008, 05:22 PM
Haha Gavin, I guess my tactic of slamming the airbrakes to let you pass and then hit you up the rear end didn't amuse you? ;) Anyway, apart from that Ubermall race, very tight and fun.
Hello Aka-sho, good races, too! I was surprised how good the connection was! Only laggy in the 1st race, but then super-smooth.

Had some of the coolest races and tournaments ever today! Thanks to Hellfire, Gavin, Aka-sho, taquili, mdhay, Amorbis, FrostE, Asayyeah, stin, Sven, Rubix, ... hope I didn't forget anyone! Very cool action!

Oh and pleasure to race you Mr. Arnaud with your Mean Green Mirage Machine! ;)

Rapier Racer
18th October 2008, 06:18 PM
Your tactic... :donut

Gavin_
18th October 2008, 06:24 PM
Partly, but it was not only you, eL.

Think there are two types of missiles; the normal one and the Gavinmissile. Every missile just hits me, doesn't matter in which position I'm racing.

I believe I could pull it of to hit myself with a missile.

Rubix42
18th October 2008, 06:44 PM
Good tourner to El, Assayeah, FrostE and Taqili. Wish I would have put up more of a fight. I was close on Sebenco though, so I'll have to be happy with that.

As soon as I finish off Arcade Perfect, I'll be ready to start doing more online races.

Asayyeah
18th October 2008, 06:51 PM
that was really amazing 2 tours with you friends, El was thrillingly fast and the rest of us fighted for honnor places :P with so tight races like that Sol2 we tied Gavin and me = same racetime :O
I am glad to survive to this happy fightin' chaos and will be ready for new races with you guys this evening.

Rapier Racer
18th October 2008, 06:53 PM
Hmm I have to say Anupha Pass is clearly the choice of track for the talentless pilot assist using shouldn't be racing at Phantom jackass, theres no skill in taking the shortcut anymore!!! Damn how could you guys do this?

I love how their ships can't fall off the shortcut but in the process of saving their worthless asses the pilot assist kindly smashes me right over the edge, it almost feels like I'm being punished for not using it.

This feature was really implemented very poorly what possible good reason is there that I've missed for not letting the host turn it off? None? Thought so.

Lance
18th October 2008, 10:50 PM
And RR pauses for breath. ;)

eLhabib
18th October 2008, 11:30 PM
Again, great races with Gavin, and then with Arnaud, Asymel, leungbok, Flashback_Jack, and a new guy from Spain (park34) who will probably introduce himself here shortly! ;) good races everyone, now I need some sleep!

KIGO1987
19th October 2008, 06:43 AM
Sorry i didnt join in the online races last night eLhabib. By the time i hit the servers you guys came and gone, again i was quite ****ed from all of the exhaustion created from getting the Elite trophy.... and minus a sixaxis controller:paperbag

eLhabib
19th October 2008, 10:37 AM
Don't worry, it was definitely not the last time! :D

Asayyeah
19th October 2008, 05:55 PM
Oh yeah !!
Ill be online this friday coming sharing the session with Dag : we shall race alternatively into flash or rapier tournament during that friday night session so if you want to kick our arses you gonna go down to rapier or flash :P

I also played with great unknown pilots last night and early in the morning : those are
- ZX497
- Fluorescence
- Osama bin Haydn ( weird nickname but truly skilled pilot)
- Yoshikamitsu ( sorry if i mispedlled it but last weekend you were incredibly fast mate : he is coming from Germany )

All those pilots will certainly have a look into Wipeoutzone : wish them a warm welcome : they deserved it for their skill

KIGO1987
19th October 2008, 07:55 PM
Had some nice races with Leungbok and Darkdrium and Stin as well earlier today. Was having a nice winning streak with the EG-X ship until the **** froze on the Sichuan Province Reverse track, that Leungbok was hosting. It was on the home run, and i hit the rear view button to view how close i was being slipstreamed on the final straight, and the **** froze. Not happy:mad:

Went back online as soon as i restarted the PS3 console. Went in a room by a guy called "Jonny iS a bOy" i think. Most interesting room to be in, due to of the room being more of a chatterbox, interesting conversations going on there.

BTW Darkdrium was this your friend that you wanted me to add to my friend list? Because that user sent me a friend invitation messege when i was in Leungbok room shortly before the PS3 froze.

leungbok
19th October 2008, 09:04 PM
Maybe your ps3 can't manage it, when you win in my rooms ;)

Hellfire_WZ
19th October 2008, 10:12 PM
- Osama bin Haydn ( weird nickname but truly skilled pilot)

I know him, he's signed up on my Wipeout HD Facebook group :)

Darkdrium777
20th October 2008, 12:11 AM
Yes KIGO, that's him. I was trying to get him to join my room (He is very good too), but he couldn't see it :(
Glad you had some time with him :)

kanar
21st October 2008, 05:53 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to share some ugly teasers -previews- for the next avalon week-end (nov. 14/15/16, all tracks, phantom, only the third with guns) with you lol. I'll do my best to host all the time zone this time (endless host powered by red bull only -no more jack D-). I hope to see you all online!

http://files.filefront.com/avalonpreviewAVI/;12120587;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/avalonpreview2AVI/;12120611;/fileinfo.html

TheFrostE
21st October 2008, 07:31 PM
awsome races this weekend to everybody, habib, rubix, arnaud, and a few others i may have forgotten...and of course mad ice, i had probably the closest most intense races with you in those 2 tourneys this weekend than i have ever had since i got HD on release day, truly amazing and close...PRACTICE THOSE REVERSES!!! ;)

LordOmega
22nd October 2008, 05:41 AM
eL, sorry I couldn't play with you yesterday, but my connection sucks (and my NAT is 3 I think...) and I had to hurry up, 'cause I forgot that yesterday I've had my guitar classes lol. Maybe this weekend we'll be able to play aaaaall the time =P.

Mad-Ice
22nd October 2008, 08:04 AM
awsome races this weekend to everybody, habib, rubix, arnaud, and a few others i may have forgotten...and of course mad ice, i had probably the closest most intense races with you in those 2 tourneys this weekend than i have ever had since i got HD on release day, truly amazing and close...PRACTICE THOSE REVERSES!!! ;)

Indeed TheFrostE, those were pure intense and fun races. But if I practise those reverse tracks you will loose them all.;)

Rapier Racer
22nd October 2008, 10:05 PM
Don't suppose anyones online now or soonish? I've just had my fill of uncompetitive 'Phantom' tournaments.

leungbok
25th October 2008, 08:10 AM
Awesome races yesterday evening :hyper The appetizer was with mad-ice, micky1984, Kigo1987,hellfire, pirahpac (another french pilot) and it was already great. Races with very skilled wipers are always good. But the climax of the evening came 20 mn later. Arnaud hosted all the forward races 3 times for each track (a sort of kanar's "avalon" for serial killers :pirate). Lots of dnf, with pilots like RR, mad-ice, stevie and the frenchies (kaori, wotan998, asa & me) another good pilot stayed for many races but i didn't noticed his name :redface:. It was my best online experiment with wipeout:clap. Good races also with el-habib, mad-ice, hellfire, amorbis:+
Huge greetings, mates and i look forward racing you again :banzai

Rubix42
25th October 2008, 02:38 PM
I raced against pirahpac last night. Good races to you sir. I only won one of the 8 races of the tourney, seemed like we were pretty evenly matched, but I was getting into a bit of weapon trouble every race that let him get away.

LordOmega
25th October 2008, 09:44 PM
Really nice games now with eL, micky & other people who I don't remember, sorry xD.
I think I'm gradually playing better...eL used to beat me with +15 seconds far away, but now I've won 2 races! =D
Is Munke87 in this forum? He is a nice player too =D.

leungbok
25th October 2008, 10:05 PM
Don't you mean "Hunk83" instead ? I don't think he's a member here and i think he's french (yes, another one :banzai).

Axel
25th October 2008, 10:14 PM
I must admit, I have met a lot of very good French Wipers so far. Had a wicked bunch of races with Minor. Not from the forums but they have been the best 1 on 1's I've had so far!!

Darkdrium777
25th October 2008, 10:34 PM
I too am with eLhabib now and this cHunK83 of metal called AG-Systems :g
Well here we go!! :D I sense a storm approaching, and that storm is eLhabib :O

As I had predicted: eLhabib got me with a bomb on the slanted turn of Chengou, I went uuuup the metal side, then down, floated back up again and slammed against the wall on top of the tunnel. Yay :s

However Metropia I caught back :) And on Sebenco I got revenge :bomb

LordOmega
25th October 2008, 10:37 PM
Don't you mean "Hunk83" instead ? I don't think he's a member here and i think he's french (yes, another one :banzai).

Whatever lol. Reading your nickname I'm pretty sure that you're one of the other pilots who played with us :hyper . You're nice playing, too!

Tomorrow we'll have more, won't we =P?

leungbok
25th October 2008, 10:40 PM
Probably ;)

Rapier Racer
25th October 2008, 10:53 PM
Some very nice fast racing tonight, none of that pilot assist fake phantom tour rubbish here. Joined first a tour with 8 racers most of which were not really up to much except Judus had great close racing with him. Afterwords when El put the guns back on it was off there, Charley was too pissed to race as it seems Foxy was buying the rounds tonight :beer

Chenghou forwards was a disaster blasted over the side 4 times.... thats enough to cause the controller throwing rage to surface. And as always, damn Metropia to hell. *insert muttering about rotten Pulse tracks*

Amongst all this carnage I asked myself, where in the world is Asa???

P.S. Assegai kicked ass all night 8)

Darkdrium777
25th October 2008, 10:56 PM
What a tournament!

Darkdrium: 52
Hunk83: 49
eLhabib 42

Going for another, and Flashback just came in :hyper

What no weapons? :s
Poor Flashback doesn't know the reverse tracks :`(

Darkdrium777 & eL win at 25!!!
Hunk83 at 23
Amorbis at 19
Flash at 8 or 10... :(

eLhabib
25th October 2008, 11:18 PM
Wow, that was some intense racing tonight! Thanks to over 20 zoners I raced today (won't list them all, you know who you are ;)), and also a very good new pilot, PjiotrStroganov - he's been lurking here for some time he said. About time you show yourself! :D

Darkdrium, you gave me quite some heat tonight! I got pummeled by mines way too often tonight, but on the weapon-less races it really showed - you and me are nose to nose! Good races!

Needs to be continued soon...

judus
25th October 2008, 11:49 PM
ooooo, sounds like I missed out on some more great racing after racing you Rapier Racer. I'll keep an eye on this page for the next meeting. I'll add some of you to my friends list if you don't mind. Feel free to add me :) . PSN ID is Judus

leungbok
26th October 2008, 08:33 AM
Some very nice fast racing tonight, none of that pilot assist fake phantom tour rubbish here

I love this formula:beer You know what ? one of those guys insulted me friday saying "f**k cheater", they're not afraid by paradox.:g

P.S. Assegai kicked ass all night 8)

I will definitively try to save more shields when you'll be in the room :cold

Hellfire_WZ
26th October 2008, 09:00 AM
Charlie was too pissed to race as it seems Foxy was buying the rounds tonight :beer
Hey, come on, I didn't do too bad considering the track was spinning ;)

stin
26th October 2008, 11:43 AM
last night, I was utter crap at reverse but I`m now concentrating killing on them!!!

But I will come back when I will have time because, I`m just about to get busy on my house project which I think it will take about two months!

stevie:)

NeilSmith
26th October 2008, 12:33 PM
Hi guys, I'd really like to be able to join in on one of theese meetings\tournaments as soon as I get my new LCD-TV delivered. How do you organize such events? Is it open for everyone to join? If so, I'd like to represent team Norway :) If anyone wants to race just add my PSN name: Drugs-Bunny and drop me a msg.

munkee
26th October 2008, 01:43 PM
^im in the same position as NeilSmith.. im well upgood session with you guys. how do we find out when your all playing?

ID: crouchingMuNKee

Darkdrium777
26th October 2008, 04:35 PM
We just post here hehe. It wasn't really set up, I was doing some testing with new music to see if it fitted with WOHD (Electro Drum&Bass kinda stuff) and eLhabib just told me to join his game on PSN, so I did. :O
Sometimes it can be set up, like you post here a time and date and I'm sure some people will show up ;)

Amorbis
26th October 2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the races this weekend everyone, some of them were really intense. I've had some great tournaments with eLhabib, Darkdium777, Leungbok, Flashback_Jack(?) and Hunk83. I apologise for any disconnects I might have made, I hope they didn't ruin the fun.

eLhabib
26th October 2008, 11:01 PM
Amorbis, you've developed some serious speed in the last couple of days! I really had a hard time trying to catch you on some of the speedier tracks! Good races!

Amorbis
26th October 2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the compliment, eLhabib. When you've got people from WipEout Zone to race you have to get speedy to keep up! I've got some great personal bests which I'm going to find hard to beat. I'll be practicing hard for the next Avalon event next month.

OBH
27th October 2008, 11:05 AM
Where i sucked :) bad.

Had only about 3 races against Mad-Ice and leungbok. The second one was
start -> 1st corner -> second corner -> oh dear a bomb -> oh dear rockets -> oh dear missile.... -> and finally thanks for planting mines on my face....

spent the rest of the race clawing back to 4th.

Maybe next time ill try playing without it being on mute in a room full of people :D

thats my excuse and im sticking by it :D

Axel
27th October 2008, 08:07 PM
Lol Hayden, been there so many times lol.

eLhabib
28th October 2008, 11:41 PM
Just had some really nice online races with 'Judus', including an 8-race tourney which reached its climax on the last race, Sol 2, where I beat him on the finish line by 0.01 seconds!!! Nice races mate! :D

...oh and sorry for putting a missile up your rear on the finish straight of Metropia to win the race... TWICE! ;)

judus
28th October 2008, 11:46 PM
He he.. I had it coming really.. :D

Sol2 finish was just fantastic. Couldn't believe the time when I saw it on the table after the race had finished. Nice one.

alterego
29th October 2008, 09:03 AM
Hi All.

After a lot of time yesterday evening I've an online casual meeting with some wz members....

I remember Judus and my plasma friend Rapier Racer among others.

I'm not ready yet, but I'm very happy to find their mines and bomb on the nose of my ship... ;)

A few race, but very good for me! thank you all!

Let's be friends!
Read You Soon
CdRom

mdhay
29th October 2008, 09:55 AM
Yeah, since I eliminated you on Anulpha reverse.;):p

alterego
29th October 2008, 12:55 PM
Hi mdhay, hi all.

...ooops! ....aaaaah! Now I remember of you, but .....can I win something against you? ;)

yeah! the full collection of mines, bombs, rockets and something else, but full desctructive, that you lay down on the track......ah ah ah! :D

See you soon online!
CdRom

mdhay
29th October 2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah Alterego, you won.

KIGO1987
31st October 2008, 09:21 PM
Who's this knob calling me a cheat, lol. I cant read this, can anybody interpritate this thread:

http://www.play3.de/forum/clan-ecke/4904-die-idee-eines-littlebigplanet-clans-29.html

BTW i raced a couple of filthy mouth french dudes a few days ago, both flying Icarus where being quite nice (not) in the Lobby after the racers with there headsets. There was one thing i did hear in the cross in translation, and that was "moathar fhauker" several times indicated towards me along with my username, then i left the room a after nailing the bastrds to the floor with 5 wins in a row. I think there PSN user IDs where 'monoi and omenas".... Interesting things happen online when people have headsets with them. I think its time for me to get one now.

stin
31st October 2008, 09:48 PM
Quoted from another forum for you which I translated from Google!

" With whom I've already gezockt (and won each time ^ ^). But who had yet?

He wo wir grad beim Thema sind,hab ihr auch einbrüche bei der Geschwindigkeit im Solo modi?Und es gibt schon cheater bei WipEoutHD (KIGO1987 der ist immer unverwundbar,hat dauer Turbo und taucht urplötzlich vor oder neben einem au.(das mit einer Mirage, He grad where we are on the subject, did you also dips at speed in the solo modes? And there are already cheaters in WipEoutHD (the KIGO1987 is always invincible, has long Turbo and appears suddenly in front or beside a au. (With a Mirage ,"

mdhay
31st October 2008, 09:58 PM
Rough Translation:and there is even more cheater with WipEout HD(KIGO1987 that is always invulnerable, has duration turbo and dips abruptly before or beside an outer. (with a Mirage,
:+
Damn, Stin, damn.

Darkdrium777
31st October 2008, 10:40 PM
ROFL, cheaters.

Yeah I've had some people say that I was a ''retard'' in R2 because I had the power core and was running away from bad guys so I don't get killed (Which is pretty much what I had to do). Lucky him I didn't have my headset on at that time.

leungbok
1st November 2008, 12:21 AM
Hey Kigo, i knew that you were too fast to be honest ;) Maybe you'll become a celebrity like Zico :lol
Seriously, it happens to me too. Guys online called me "a cheater". I adviced them to remove their pilotassist to be faster. They didn't answered.
Do all those guys thinks that the phantom class is unmanageable without the PA ? :frown:

But cool meetings happened too online. I had a great session with our japaneses friends Aka-sho & Hisho (they're already serious opponents, despite the game came to japan only 2 days ago). Trentdf was one of the fighters ;)

SuperNova
1st November 2008, 02:11 AM
I also had an encounter with our Japanese friend Aka-sho in Anulpha pass(venom ...i think)

I, who had just completed Beat Zico in 220 laps went to online to blow off some steam

When the race showed "Anulpha Pass" i was Confident of a win

It was all going good for me buy aka-sho was always on my tail at least 2-1 seconds behind me, the other 2 competitors wayyy behind. On the last lap I foolishly attempted the overpass barrel roll

... and failed :paperbag

All in all a good race from aka-sho and i hope to meet Hiso later on, we are close in timezones anyway :D

stin
1st November 2008, 10:23 AM
My golf is cancelled due bloody frost!:mad: because, I was soo looking forward to play!

Oh well, I`m always online today.

stevie:(

dobyblue
1st November 2008, 04:55 PM
I wonder if there's anyway Colin and the team might get involved with serious problem pilots like "Xeretion" (or Xerious, something like that) who starts a race or tourney, usually phantom, and just sits there.

I have seen his race sit up there for 2 hours before. I've noticed him doing it several times now. I usually go and grab a headset and go in the room where 6-7 pilots are waiting and advise them that this guy will NOT start his races, he just sits there. Then I tell them I'll go create one and moments later most of the names are in my race, which ALWAYS starts - I don't leave people waiting, especially not when 8 people get in the room.

This Xeretion or Xeration or Xerious prick, whatever his name is, doesn't start ever. What can we do about that? There should be a way to make complaints perhaps through a site like this where serious pilots are against problem accounts and that person will be blocked from the server from creating events.

No?

Rapier Racer
1st November 2008, 05:30 PM
Yeah Xeretion is a prick I noticed this yesterday he sets it up and never seems to select a ship and it just sits there. I sent him a nice polite PM but hes not responded, I hope his PS3 explodes and damages his TV in the process.

Darkdrium777
1st November 2008, 05:38 PM
I've seen his game too. Seriously, that is just lame. Sadly, nothing can be done about it. These kind of things happen in all games, some people create a room and then go do something else for some reason I do not understand.

Rapier Racer
1st November 2008, 05:39 PM
Anyone else not able to get on tonight? 'NETWORK ERROR' this is new for me.

leungbok
1st November 2008, 06:05 PM
RR, i had the same problem a few hours ago in races with kaori.:?

KIGO1987
1st November 2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah Xeretion is a prick I noticed this yesterday he sets it up and never seems to select a ship and it just sits there. I sent him a nice polite PM but hes not responded, I hope his PS3 explodes and damages his TV in the process.

Nice. Thats what i wish apon fktards who dont start a room that they created. Waste of time they are. If the PS3 explodes and damages the TV in the process that just luck, but if it where to be a Cntbox360 it would be a case of inevitability, cause those things just catch on fire anyway, because they are ****.

Amorbis
1st November 2008, 10:26 PM
I've noticed that a lot people don't ever start the race, too. It is really annoying when all you want to do is have a good race. Perhaps some people simply don't notice that they are the host? If the host leaves the game and it gets handed over some people don't notice very quickly, if at all. I too have noticed this Xeretion, I unknowingly joined his game, waited for a while then left. I noticed an hour or so later it was still there :/ I'm avoiding his games for now.

zeeZ
2nd November 2008, 01:02 AM
I've noticed that a lot people don't ever start the race, too.

Omg, I just happened to find out why they do this
Watch this y00t00b (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGiZCf7fKzQ)

lunar
2nd November 2008, 01:00 AM
:lol

great TV they have, I would like one of those.

Thanks to Hellfire the Bullet Qirex Man, Asa, Leungbok and Chboing for a great Phantom session tonight. Great to see someone representing Qirex so well. I think I was 4th for about 10 races in a row! The gap wasn`t impossibly big to cross with more training. I`m so completely rubbish on the first lap - it all goes wrong and my brain doesn`t work. Also a lesson in the old law of Pure multiplayer: the fastest guys get the best weapons and the slower guys never get what they need and are weapon magnets, so be fast! But that was great fun, HD rocks online and is just as good for me as Pure Xlink Kai was back in the day. :beer

SuperNova
2nd November 2008, 03:00 AM
Helping other People getting their Bling Brigade trophies
Awesome races on Phantom,Moa therma with Nadia,Kigo,Rubix,Insertcoin and trentdf
All i can say is INTENSE

blackwiggle
2nd November 2008, 05:01 AM
I got messaged last night that KIGO was having a Bling GG for some time this morning.
So first thing when I woke up this morning I thought I'd better hurry up and turn the PS3 and the projector on so I don't miss it.
I had left half the rooms curtains open as well as the balcony door so the screen was barely visible due to the light coming in,ah what the hell,it's only for the trophy I won't bother closing them....that turned out to be a big mistake.

I saw KIGO's name up on the board briefly,then it disappeared.

OH,hello,there are some other names I know from the WOZF that must be it,KIGO must be having problems seeing his name up on the board again and he's got someone else to host,so I joined that race quickly as I saw the grid was almost full.

Yeah...well, what can I say,or better asked,how would you feel if the first thing you did when you got out of bed was to stumble into a full blown race at phantom speed against Asayyeah,Hellfire_WZ and leungbok amongst others and you can't see where the hell your going.

I'm thinking WTF is going on,nobody except me as far as I could tell was wearing chrome skins and this is pretty hard core racing for a bloody bling trophy,so I go to message KIGO ....too late I'm in another race...get out of messaging just in time for the start....more of the same.....then I go back into messaging and see that KIGO had messaged me saying that he couldn't start the bling trophy GG for another 2 hours....ding...in another race...quickly out of messaging...It's then suddenly dawned on me this is not the proposed bling trophy GG and KIGO isn't even in it.

It wasn't until I went into players met after the third race that I realized what I had got myself into....what a way to start your day.:dizzy

mdhay
2nd November 2008, 07:03 AM
...get involved with serious problem pilots like "Xeretion" (or Xerious, something like that)
shouldn't it be Xcretion, cos he is:turd?:lol

KIGO1987
2nd November 2008, 07:25 AM
I got messaged last night that KIGO was having a Bling GG for some time this morning.~snip~

I was actually hosting that room untill the stupid ****ing **** server disconnected me, so **** it cause i got no replies back from the other people in the room i decided to create a fixed later time to do it.... and it worked well, alot of people now have the Blinge Brigade trophy now.

chboing
2nd November 2008, 07:41 AM
:lol

Thanks to Hellfire the Bullet Qirex Man, Asa, Leungbok and Chboing for a great Phantom session tonight. Great to see someone representing Qirex so well. I think I was 4th for about 10 races in a row! The gap wasn`t impossibly big to cross with more training. I`m so completely rubbish on the first lap - it all goes wrong and my brain doesn`t work. Also a lesson in the old law of Pure multiplayer: the fastest guys get the best weapons and the slower guys never get what they need and are weapon magnets, so be fast! But that was great fun, HD rocks online and is just as good for me as Pure Xlink Kai was back in the day. :beer

yeah ! it was fun, my first time playing online with some of you guys.
I am quite happy with my results, though i was way behind on ALL reverse tracks since i dont know them at all :?
guess i now have to learn them quick.
thx for the nice evening :hyper

blackwiggle
2nd November 2008, 09:12 AM
We Aussies seem to be suffering this sudden disconnection quite a bit lately.

The only benefits out of that is I think we have all become faster typists.
We have to message each other quickly to find out what happened.

The BLING GG did work well in the end :beer[after a little prodding to some to stop playing BIO Shock and join in :p] and we really must get a kelpie to round up those recalcitrant NZ's who choose to ignore messages. :mr-t

stin
2nd November 2008, 01:53 PM
Alteregoooorrrr!!!, helluva player!!!!,:robot <--what have you done to my skins, you blown me away!

Oh!, alot of great races today
Played with Mu5, iL_Nik, Asa, Micky84, and a few guys which I cannot remember (sorry)

Will play tonight, if I have time!

micky1984
2nd November 2008, 03:39 PM
yeah that was a good little tournament i raced with u. very close races. im surprised i havnt raced u sooner on HD. hopefully the first of many. Am i right in thinking u hav changed which ship u race with? cant remember seeing u race with Qirex before (in Pulse).

Hellfire_WZ
2nd November 2008, 04:20 PM
Wow, last night was totally insane! Thanks to Asa, chboing, Leungbok, KIGO, lunar and blackwiggle for racing :) Was prematurely kicked off the PSN due to several DNS errors otherwise would have carried on ;)

leungbok
2nd November 2008, 05:16 PM
Wow, i've just finished a short session with Jabberjaw on sebenco forward. You rock on this track, mate ! :clap . I was unable to follow you more than for the 4 first turns, lol. But why, only 2 races :frown:

alterego
2nd November 2008, 05:43 PM
Hi Stin, hi all.

Alteregoooorrrr!!!, helluva player!!!!,:robot <--what have you done to my skins, you blown me away!

Oh!, alot of great races today
Played with Mu5, iL_Nik, Asa, Micky84, and a few guys which I cannot remember (sorry)

Will play tonight, if I have time!

Your presence inside the race make me like a transformer bear! :D

You excite me a lot in memoriam of our first dam's conv and your totally destructive quakes! :)

My dear Quake's man today I'm not a Teddy Big Bear, but a Grizzly Bastard one! :g

.....I hope to see and race with you and Asa very soon!

CdRom

JABBERJAW
2nd November 2008, 06:40 PM
I am trying to learn all of the tracks. I don't get much time to play. I have practiced about 5 tracks thus far, and try to get them down mostly before I play. I think around christmas, I should be set on all of the tracks (hopefully :) )

thanks to leungbok, arnaud, xiek, and boo4ever, who hopefully joins the zone. and many others

il_NIK
2nd November 2008, 07:01 PM
Yes, I want to take a little trip down memory lane and meet my mates again. Yesterday evening I met on-line some of you, guys like Asa, Stin, Lunar (now I know :) ) and a lot of "new" (by me) superfast mates like darkdrium777, and many more...

Jumping over Pulse (I don't like it so much, and my little son, my hard seasons on bike and a lot of things take me apart from this wonderful sport [=Wipeout]), I'm landing on WOHD: Wonderful game, stunning views and amazing race.

Now I've a little more time...so I'm here again, to meet all of you.

A lot of races will see me in the last position, but I hope to race with trouble for all of you in the other.

I dislike and unknow all the reverse track, but I love Sol2, Chengou (never won, a lot of explosion of mine :nod ), and and... boh, I like Wipeout

SEE YOU AGAIN MATES :beer:g

Just one request for all skilled pilot: don't use pilot assist PLEASE

KIGO1987
3rd November 2008, 10:09 AM
The BLING GG did work well in the end :beer[after a little prodding to some to stop playing BIO Shock and join in :p] and we really must get a kelpie to round up those recalcitrant NZ's who choose to ignore messages. :mr-t

Yes the sheep where a bit non responsive (like Windows Vista) on Sunday day during the Blinge Brigade event, when i was sending a message on the PSN to get more Blinge Brigade volunteers. I couldnt give them any grass or grain feed since im 8000km west of NZ. Maybe i should do what Blackwiggle said and send a Kelpie over there to round the sheep up so they can respond to there PSN inbox messages. Also maybe a Kelpie would help them in the Pulse and HD records as well, make them run faster opposed to just grazing around.

Asayyeah
3rd November 2008, 10:20 AM
Great sessions this weekend, i enjoyed racing my dear friends all over the world, This is incredible to see so many skilled pilots fightin together for the fun & glory. Noone is leading on all tracks which is fantastic : everyone got his chance to win at least one track.
Thx to Stevie, Stephen ( 3 of them), Romano, Nico, Christian, Kaori, Charlie, Al, chboing and other fellow pilots from the zone or elsewhere.

Big long weekend in prevision : from thursday 6th to tuesday 11st : i ll be online as much as i can !!

chboing
3rd November 2008, 10:43 PM
i wont be there next week end ! i'll be in Dublin drinking guiness to cheer you all ! :)
Anyone here from Dublin that can provide me a bed ? :p

dobyblue
5th November 2008, 09:04 PM

It's cool to see some names you recognize on this board - I know I've seen you in an online tourney before...or at least in the records. I've definitely raced against Jabberjaw too, very fast on the forward tracks. I need to learn the reverse tracks...not good on Sol2 or Metropia reverse at all.

I need the bling trophy!!

Xeretion - yeah I've sent him two PM's now and no comments back. Total prick.

JABBERJAW
5th November 2008, 09:21 PM
sorry to helfire and the guys, I had to go pick up my kids. unfortunately, that was the first time I ever played sol 2 reverse (how can you tell it's reverse anyway?), Vineta was my own stupid crap (turbo into billboard), not sure if you saw me sitting in the air for about 5 seconds :) Hopefully you are on in about 2-3 hours, and maybe I can get back on, for some FOWARD tracks.

Rapier Racer
5th November 2008, 09:46 PM
GOD DAMN IT!!

Having some great online battles, then on Ubermall I hear a Plasma coming for me so I look back just as it hits me and CRASH! We NEED look back when playing online please fix it for gods sake it totally jams the PS3, how did testing miss this. :|

Now playing against Hellfire and the like really shows Assegai up in fighty situations, I don't remember winning a single bashing match, every time that Qirex touched me i came off worse.

dobyblue
7th November 2008, 02:37 AM
i was sending a message on the PSN to get more Blinge Brigade volunteers.

Yeah I still need to get the Bling Brigade.

Great having two Phantom tournaments tonight with you in them - I had a blast. You are freaking fast with that clunky Triakis ship - I'm well impressed. Look forward to the next time.

stin
7th November 2008, 11:19 AM
I will be online tonight but bad news to you guys, I will not be drinking alcohol tonight and over the weekend!, be afraid be very afraid!:banzai

lunar
7th November 2008, 12:01 PM
Hope to see you on Saturday night, Stevie, but not tonight. If I make it tonight I will be a couple of bottles of red wine the wrong side of sober. If I am drunk, am I allowed to use Pilot Assist? :naughty

KIGO1987
7th November 2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah I still need to get the Bling Brigade.

Great having two Phantom tournaments tonight with you in them - I had a blast. You are freaking fast with that clunky Triakis ship - I'm well impressed. Look forward to the next time.

Im hosting a BB event this Sunday arvo AUS time, come if your interested.

Asayyeah
7th November 2008, 04:13 PM
I wanna thank those die hard pilots i met last night into one of my coolest session i had : RR, Hellfire, Leugbock, Expitarius, Evolite, Shino ( those last 2 were unknown to me but sure their power is strong and they are fast, really fast ) and many other pilots.

1st time i was using Icaras during the whole night session : i can tell you when you can control it even on hardest tracks that could be the right choice, but watch out the shield !

Tonight Anthony is coming at home playing HD, since he is not so experimented , i am not sure we gonna play online but after he quit the house i shall play with whom who can :)

lunar
7th November 2008, 04:42 PM
I really like Icaras, too, it`s wild and fun to use. But racing it online you might as well paint a target on the side of it ;)

I raced Shino3 too, and he is fast, but he bailed out on the reverse tracks so I don`t think he knows them so well.

KIGO1987
7th November 2008, 05:58 PM
What does this ****ing bull**** mean:

"An Error occured. You have been signed out of the Playstation Network
(80710092)"

Im sick and tired of the ****ing goddam **** of a server disconnected me from the ****ing game, expecially when i need to get back to people who have messaged me. And even more so when Leungbok and I where ****ing over that Omenus prick i was talking about earlier. Pure ownage i was serving the ****tard, then the bitch signs me out during me race and it makes me looks like i pulled out of mid race, which i didnt. Even more the **** wont sign back in for some ****ed up ****y reason:

Im seriously pissed now:mad::bomb:-:rolleyes::evil:brickwall

leungbok
7th November 2008, 06:31 PM
Hey Kigo, i supposed it was something like that (unhappily) :|
Your post made me laugh but i symphatize 8)
It was frustrating to stay in the room with a guy who just races one track ("noob's anulpha forward":g) and didn't allows you to change your ship.

Lance
7th November 2008, 08:43 PM
Im seriously pissed now

Really?

blackwiggle
7th November 2008, 10:52 PM
KIGO I think it is your modem/router that is the problem as I have never known anybody to suffer the amount of outages you do.
I had a similar problem a while back with mine dropping out so I rang my isp's tech support.
They said my router was forgetting it's address,all I had to do was to type in the router address to get into it's menu and re enter my user name,email address and password.....it's worked fine since doing that.

KIGO1987
8th November 2008, 07:14 AM
Really?

Not as much as then, but still reasonable because i had to deal with so many ****tards on Friday.

PM me blackwiggle what you did, cause my bet its those stupid dumb**** internet providers. Stupid ****s think im going over my monthly usage which is bull**** cause i keep track of that. Since then ive pulled out the wireless and now everything is connected via Ethernet cable, i dont trust the ****ing neighbours in this part of Perth cause there are all ****heads. Cheap ****s around here try to break into my car.

Amorbis
8th November 2008, 11:54 AM
I had a great tournament with Leungbok yesterday and Park34(?), I don't know if they post around here, but they are a superb pilot. It was an 8 race tournament with a nice balanced track selection, so much so on race 7/8 we were all joint first :S. The last race on Sol 2 Forward was crazy. We all must have had a turn in first at some point during the race. Park slipped through in the end though, I cam third and Leungbok second. I'm glad we all just happened to join the same room at the same time!

leungbok
8th November 2008, 12:19 PM
Yes Amorbis, i'm posting here sometimes (and on the wo french website "wo-arena"). Our tournament last night was awesome, i noticed the equality on the 7th race and i wanted to send a message to you & Park (something like "now is the real deal" :lol) but the races are loading too fast in HD (it's cool, but no time to breath ;)). I was crazy when Park hitted me with a f*****g missile on the last lap and passes first :brickwall, but it was a perfect way to finish a so disputed tournament:beer

LordOmega
8th November 2008, 12:36 PM
I'm Park34 xD...
Our tournament was epic, I enjoyed it so much =D. I was getting really excited when I saw that after Ubermall forward we all had the same tournament points!
I usually suck at Sol 2, so I have to say that I had a bit of luck ^^U. Specially with the last Missile lol!
Anyway, we have to repeated this more times, this is how people must enjoy playing WipEout ^^!

stin
8th November 2008, 12:53 PM
that was you!!!!, not a bad player you are!!!:o, I will get to the point, at least I won a tourament this morning ;)

I will be online today or tonight!

Asayyeah
8th November 2008, 07:59 PM
I ll be online in the next 30 minutes
:hyper

KIGO1987
9th November 2008, 05:51 AM
WTF:|

Im suprised no one on this thread has mentioned the insane **** that went down last night on the Wipeout servers.

Mad Ice, Kairo, Leungbok and Asa. This was the most insane **** ive every experienced online on the Wipeout PS3 flatform ever. Those sessions where definitely eligible for a gold trophy at the end of each race for sure.

Good thing you guys, that i dont have a headset cause i was quite PO on Moa Therma and Metropia where i should of did good but the bull**** net connection was making me fly over disabled weapon pads.

leungbok
9th November 2008, 08:58 AM
Yes Kigo, awesome races last night. But i stayed for many tournaments with the tough guys (You, Kaori, Lunar, chaos80, Stin, Asa, Mad-Ice & the fast frenchy Pirhapac). At the last tournament where Asa & Mad-Ice kicked my ass, i almost couldn't prevent my eyes from shutting, lol. So it was time to have a good sleep and dream about all those mines :cold

PS : I particulary loved when my quake destroyed both you & Arnaud :twisted:lol

lunar
9th November 2008, 01:21 PM
that must have been a sweet moment ;)

that 8 race tour which ended with Asa and Mad-Ice seperated by a point was legendary. :dizzy I was completely wiped out at the end of it.

Also met a very fast pilot called Wellington86. He was in the 1.40s on Sol and Metropia, a very clever rival and a good host.

whether HD is perfect or not, this is a golden age for wipeout fans and huge thanks to SL for making such a great online game, good times 8)

Mad-Ice
9th November 2008, 05:06 PM
Yes Kigo, I know what you mean, a night to remember!

Well Asa told me he calculated all the points between us from all the races, a total of 48!! At the end of the night we both had exactly the same points.:banzai

Amazing close races all the time. We all had a blast. Leungbok you were fast as was Kaori, Pirhapac and Lunar. Good to see you mates!

PLazarou
9th November 2008, 08:06 PM
Hi guys!

Had some great races with Asayyeah last night and he recommended I checked this site out.

Good see such a big WipEout following.

8)

blackwiggle
9th November 2008, 10:46 PM
Did anybody record video of these epic races?
I and and a lot of others I would imagine would love to see that.:hyper

KIGO1987
10th November 2008, 12:15 AM
Yes Kigo, awesome races last night. But i stayed for many tournaments with the tough guys (You, Kaori, Lunar, chaos80, Stin, Asa, Mad-Ice & the fast frenchy Pirhapac). At the last tournament where Asa & Mad-Ice kicked my ass, i almost couldn't prevent my eyes from shutting, lol. So it was time to have a good sleep and dream about all those mines :cold

PS : I particulary loved when my quake destroyed both you & Arnaud :twisted:lol

Yeah i do remember that on Analpha pass.... you ****. lol. Thought i had more shield energy than expected. The Triakis ship has a very long learner curve.

No blackwiggle no one recorded it. Would be good to watch to though. Very very very intense **** for sure.

blackwiggle
10th November 2008, 01:11 AM
Pity,as you could use that as an example of how a race can be run at intense speed.
You could also use the footage to shove it in the face of anybody that messages accusations of using PA, with maybe a little comment along the lines of when you can race at this level numbnuts then message me back.;)

DaMiGi63
10th November 2008, 03:34 AM
I haven't posted on this forum in a "very long time" as it is, but I'm usually online around 8:00 Pm -07:00 Mountain Time (US) and my PSN handle is DaMiGiSan, nice to see that the forums are still up and going, especially with Wipeout HD now..;)

alterego
10th November 2008, 09:04 AM
Hi All.

I want to thank my dear friend Asa sensei for the sweet races and tour in the afternoon of sunday 09/11! :)

I hope to race with you soon and meet togheter in the next convention! ;)

Read You Soon
CdRom

OBH
11th November 2008, 11:07 AM
going to be online most evenings this week. hope to see some of you guys around.

fallout 3 kinda got addictive, and i feel i may be rusty!

as good as fo3 is, its not quite anti grav racing :)

Rapier Racer
11th November 2008, 09:55 PM
Online last night against Asa but only very briefly as I had something to attend to, apologies to asa for my cutting the racing short, and for not putting up any sort of fight in the ones I was in, but I think you understand why eh ;)

JABBERJAW
12th November 2008, 02:32 PM
haydn, just so you know, I laugh every time you join one of my races. Good online name.

Asayyeah
12th November 2008, 02:50 PM
PLazarou : Thx for joining us , as you can see we are a bunch of not-so-bad pilots coming from the zone, since i found you got an incredible skill that would be cool to have another talent posting here ;)

MadIce : Oh dear Matthijs , what a night fightin with you and all of those die-hard pilots in those multiple tourney we did : yeah that was unbelievable we ended with exactly the same points together after 48 tracks :O

Alterego : Romano & Buce83 : forza Italia !! i don't know if you got him into your TIF team but you should add him , he is very very good ! I really enjoyed those races we did , same for that last week races we did with Niko : he hasn't lost his skill for sure !

with those extra 4 days and half in Le Havre i really played a lot online and almost met ALL of top 10/15 multiplayer online.
Except those good friends from the zone I also had pleasure to play against Evolite, Chaos80, Judus and others ( s**** ; lack of memorie here :paperbag )

RR : sometimes when you think you have no chance, the chance is still here and eventually you 'earn' what you deserve ( eliptic sentence, huh? héhé, it's too protect RR's privacy ;) )

Jabberjaw : AL you are an arse kicker on Seb climb ! but you need to improve your metropia & Vineta ;) talking about Vineta : it reminds me the 1st night with Lunar( almost sure it was you Stephen) we saw you online Xlink Kai Wipeout Pure for the 1st time and we did entered your game up : it was Vineta K we did it with no weapons ( TT ) and like 10 times or more the same track. I was freakin excited cause it was really the 1st time in my life i met you in a wipeout game ( then we met for real twice in usa but that's a different story :) )

PLazarou
12th November 2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the compliment!

I'm quite competitive usually, but I was struggling to keep up with you on some tracks. Your lines must be inch-perfect!

:o

Hope to race with you guys soon.

Reuben
13th November 2008, 01:59 PM
howz it goin! seen quite alot of you guys online! am usually online most nights, this games highly addictive but needs more tracks!

Mad-Ice
14th November 2008, 05:37 AM
I had some happy races with: Evolite, RR, Leungbok, chaos80 and others who I forgot. Thanks guys for a great night online.

Evolite is a very fast player and he will be posting here soon! Yet another fast pilot from Canada.:banzai

stin
14th November 2008, 06:24 AM
I will be online from 9pm and onwards!

Asayyeah
14th November 2008, 08:12 AM
I may be online with Anthony racing slow speed classes and phantom late at night when he will leave house

kanar
14th November 2008, 01:42 PM
Hi guys,

I'll be online tonight (19h00 GMT) for that http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5457

Hope to see you all!

(don't pay attention to the safety car -me-, haven't played so much recently...)

EDIT : DAY ONE review:
big thanks to : Amorbis, Wellington86, leungbok, ferrariman, aurelien1978,haydn, ronyfight, pirhapac, jeppo99,chboing,spartiate,il_nik, mad-ice, akro2, chaos80. great races

Wellington86
15th November 2008, 01:58 AM
Yeah today was great fun, much more enjoyable than winning by miles against the average players. Looking forward to it tomorrow.

stin
15th November 2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks to Soccermoms, Chaos80, that pretty good races there.

Hopefully I will be online tonight depending on my job this morning!:blarg

chboing
15th November 2008, 08:36 AM
Now wellington86, i think you found the right way to use feisar ... i might give it a try soon afterall ! amazing on some maps ! well done mate !

thanks kanar for those great races but i dont think i'll be able to make it tonight :/

have fun

leungbok
15th November 2008, 08:47 AM
I agree, you're very fast Wellington, great to race you and the others tough guys, Mad-Ice, Pirhapac (team france member :banzai), Amorbis, Chaos80, Kanar, Il_Nik, Chboing...

kanar
15th November 2008, 11:11 AM
"Don't worry about the last position, I take care of it"
avalon day 2, 14h45 GMT
I really need training.

chboing
15th November 2008, 12:33 PM
naahh kanar ... wont be online in wipeout until the end of France rugby match against pacific island selection ;)

chaos80
15th November 2008, 01:24 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new here so I will start by thanking all great racers here for fantastic races! Kudos to all of you!

Especially thanks to Asayyeah for bringing this forum to my knowledge:P

See u online!

/H

kaori
15th November 2008, 01:30 PM
Welcome chaos80!
Others forums are interested by your speed :lol (play3-live.com)

lunar
15th November 2008, 01:58 PM
Hi Chaos80, welcome to Wipeoutzone. It`s great when the online regulars say hello! :) I look forward to seeing you on the HD racetracks again.

OBH
15th November 2008, 02:27 PM
had some great races with all you guys.

looking forward to many more.

kanar
15th November 2008, 02:36 PM
just back from a great trip. thanks a lot to rushinmonkey, gtp_fruitcakegt, vieuxst3f, psihodel, scooby876, redash, xtriko, denmanjohn, rorider, tyrion75, frozenmandarin, function13, chboing, darthpt, aramis1522, hunk83, lunar, gortika, chaos80, amorbis, avenger2197... I'll be back for 20h00 GMT.

edit :

xtriko
15th November 2008, 05:46 PM
Welcome chaos80!!! :D I think that i've already raced with you :) now you are one of us! yeah!!! ps. kanar... I'm already "on that state" XD

kanar
15th November 2008, 11:25 PM
what a blast! thanks to rexfarucao, derckie, vreeswijk, tusman, haydn, emwu23, pirhapac, kyella, clemvst89, amorbis, leungbok, lunar, ifds, kocur13, stew, KIGO1987, chaos80, kaori714, mad-ice, warlook, wellington86, vieuxst3f, hunk83, gortika, joce71, kenheine... damn awesome. records damn lowered lol. hope to see you tomorrow for more!

post updated http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103116#post103116, 5/8 bling brigade awarded lol

Wellington86
16th November 2008, 02:57 AM
Now wellington86, i think you found the right way to use feisar ... i might give it a try soon afterall ! amazing on some maps ! well done mate !

Thanks chboing (and Leungbok). I originally used Assegai and that was actually the first ship I got to 100k Loyalty Points. But when I began to struggle with the last few golds in the campaign I tried out the Feisar and it worked well. I soon made the same change against the Elite AI and I've stuck with it ever since.

I didn't get to play so much today but what I did was plenty of fun. Should be around more tomorrow.

stin
16th November 2008, 08:02 AM
I had a rare time last night, quite a few wins but I was seriously pissed as a fart!:blarg

kanar
16th November 2008, 11:57 AM
Hi,

I'm online for more (day3), so feel free to join a little sunday cup!

Axel
16th November 2008, 01:35 PM
I'm online, need some Wipeout love guys. PM :)

Avenger2197
16th November 2008, 02:57 PM
My hat is off to you Kanar. What a great event. Many thanks to KIGO, blackwiggle, leungbok, chaos80, Kaori, and many others. Great races guys.

blackwiggle
16th November 2008, 03:43 PM
That was a nice racing meet kanar,some of those races were really close.

I learned 4 things tonight.

1]Don't eat peanuts while playing wipeout,the grease makes the controller slip out of your hands.:lol

2]Don't change straight from Icuras to Fiesar the handling change is to dramatic.

3]Practice using Fiesar,I can see why people use it,but at the moment I finding it a bit twitchy so I'm overcompensating steering it.[into walls usually:lol:paperbag]

4]Practice Sebenco and Ubermall reverse in TT because I sucked badly on those tracks tonight,I must of missed 90% of the speed pads.:frown:

kanar
16th November 2008, 04:39 PM
wow what a blast again guys, this day3 was awesome, thanks a lot to emwu23, marydean, z1r0rEI, chboing, azog, pat59200, kaori714, isao tanaka, gortika (fresh french wiper), salmantino23, nyctalopian, kigo1987, spoon56, speedymaxou, reyhimself, blackwiggle, angelseb1972, yabbadabbado, avenger2197, le centre, chaos80, michalovic82, gr44ny, cooliceman_dk, wellington86, hunk83, haydn, leungbok, amorbis, stin, clemvst89, pirhapac, WHAT AN AFTERNOON LOL

lunar
16th November 2008, 04:42 PM
I agree about the power of Feisar. It`s only history and reputation that makes people think it might be a slow, AG-kindergarten ship. I was really surprised when I found it slightly faster in TT than AG Systems, but that`s only preference I suppose, and I can`t handle Assegai for anything.

Haven`t managed to get online much this weekend, but big respect to all the pilots I have raced out there - there are so many quick players now, it`s mind-boggling and awesome.

Axel
16th November 2008, 08:46 PM
Big shout out to everybody today. Oh and I wondered why you left so early Blackwiggle lol.

KIGO1987
16th November 2008, 10:11 PM
Because the time in Syndney is GMT+10. And its really early in the morning. Racers down here have to wait til the early hours of the morning to race againest the European and the Amercian/Canadian racers. My guess sleep was on his agenda

blackwiggle
16th November 2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah ,it's a bummer with the time difference.

It was 3.15am when I quit racing,I was really feeling the worse for wear,and it started to show.
I didn't want to end up like one of those people who fall asleep while online, and end up with my name hosting a game and never starting it.

There was one yesterday, Pestrid or something like that,his name had been up on the board for at least 10 hours and never started a game, I'd hate to go through his messages received when he he finally woke up.

Amorbis
17th November 2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the races over the weekend, the avalon event and those of you who I might have bumped into.

I'm just letting you all know not to expect me online over the next week or so because I'm going on holiday! See you all soon :hyper

OBH
17th November 2008, 03:12 PM
I didnt get as much time on over day 2/3 as id have liked. plenty of names chatting here i dont think i ever saw.

damn drunks with more money than me kept flying through my door up for more party time! :D ahh the downside to living in town center. at least i was devlivered free beer.

OBH
19th November 2008, 11:54 AM
some more great races last night with wellington, judas, leungbok and chaos80.

best was chengou no wepons :)
me and judas bashing each other around for 1st the entire race. then on the very last corner on the last lap i blew up!! crossed the line gutted....... just to find out judas blew up on the last corner too!! and i won by .2 seconds :):):)

awesome stuff.

Ultra-Ice
19th November 2008, 11:57 AM
I was there too.

blackwiggle
19th November 2008, 12:00 PM
Good Ultra ice ...be there again soon and kick some butt.

OBH
19th November 2008, 05:48 PM
woah, ive only gone and got rank 1 on vineta k reverse :) first guy to get in the 1.41s. Never been top before.

judus
19th November 2008, 06:36 PM
Great races indeed. I'm loving the closeness of some of the races. Haydn, the last corner of chengou was hillarious.. 0 health and no chance of making it through without a scrape.. love it, well done :D

Mr Wellington sure is a fast rocket. Its great to see Feisar leading the pack in races. Great performace by Chaos80 and Leungbok. Looking forward to more races :P

dobyblue
19th November 2008, 07:52 PM
There was one yesterday, Pestrid or something like that,his name had been up on the board for at least 10 hours and never started a game, I'd hate to go through his messages received when he he finally woke up.

I'll bet Xeretion has the most angry PM's - but they must have worked because he hasn't been on for a while.

OBH
20th November 2008, 01:57 PM
Oh my word, 2 records in one day!!
Now hes chucked it into first on anulpha pass reverse.

Man it looks good seeing hordes of icarus behind! :D

djKyoto
21st November 2008, 09:23 AM
I'm having a few games at the moment.

Just got the #1 spot for Multiplayer races CP reverse Phantom. :banzai

OBH
21st November 2008, 01:37 PM
good job :)
i simply cant get all 5 laps to stick on that track. never.

Wellington86
22nd November 2008, 02:33 AM
I hosted a session this evening that lasted around five hours, during which there was almost no time when there weren't several good racers present and sometimes there were 5 or 6. I had a lot of fun.

Thanks to Il_Nik, Kingheim, KIGO1987, Chaos80, Amorbis, kgb1971, GTP_Rorscharch, DjKyoto, Rushinmonkey, axellink, soccermums, kaori and no doubt one or two others who I have forgotten. Apologies to them.

-

@djKyoto, I got 2nd on that track today, only 5 hundredths off your time. It hurts when it's that close. :)

Axel
22nd November 2008, 06:28 AM
Good races Wellington86. I was definitely loving those hosted races of yours. Will be adding you to my buddy list :)

djKyoto
22nd November 2008, 06:32 AM
Wellington86 is mad fast in that Feisar. :rock

Amorbis
22nd November 2008, 11:50 AM
Wellington you are indeed a very fast Feisar pilot. I could barely manage to keep up on Sol 2. I need a days practice to get back into the swing of things, everything feels really crazy and fast on WipEout after a five day break. :dizzy

emwu23
22nd November 2008, 01:24 PM
Wellington86 is mad fast in that Feisar. :rock

Oh yeah!

Asayyeah
22nd November 2008, 01:36 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new here so I will start by thanking all great racers here for fantastic races! Kudos to all of you!

Especially thanks to Asayyeah for bringing this forum to my knowledge:P

See u online!

/H

Cool to see you here Chaos80 :beer

H3avyM3tal
22nd November 2008, 02:54 PM
Hello all!
Please add me to your friends list so that you may make a pilot out of me!
Yet!

rushin
22nd November 2008, 10:36 PM
hehe yep wellington was fast :)

nice hosting by the way, enjoyed playing weapons off then on as we went through tracks. Will be faster next time hopefully!

Soccermom
24th November 2008, 01:01 PM
Just a small shout-out to all the people, I have raced with this weekend. You are all terrific racers (and many of you are also terrifying fast), but more importantly - you all seem like really nice people. No "InTaRWEbz" misbehaving from WZ members - KUDOS.
Looking forward to enjoy more racing next week.

OBH
24th November 2008, 02:27 PM
ive been flying off the track loads lately!!
the worst is chengou reverse, i swear if any of you guys are in a race i never, ever win on that.

my over zealousness on the last corner trying to hit a barrel roll usually ends up with my ship in the spectators. :)

Mad-Ice
24th November 2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks cnmth, we had very cool races! When I was invited by Kaori my PS3 frooze and it was time for bed anyway. Next time better mate.

kaori
24th November 2008, 08:49 PM
Tonight, my PS3 has freezed three time during online races :frown:

TheFrostE
24th November 2008, 09:13 PM
im gettin on right now, ill host so join up if you want some intense RACE!!!!!!

cnmth
24th November 2008, 10:19 PM
Yea great races mad-ice! really fast and intense !
Bed time now, gotta work again tomorrow :)

;p

TheFrostE
25th November 2008, 07:46 PM
insane racing Amorbis...pushed my feisar power to the limit! cya next time!

Amorbis
25th November 2008, 10:31 PM
I got some personal bests trying to keep up with you FrostE. 1 minute 50 on Sol 2 reverse was some crazy racing, I doubt I'll be going that fast again any time soon!

crawdad62
26th November 2008, 02:28 PM
I haven't participated in this thread since I don't race Phantom class and it seems most of you do but I'm running out of people to race. It has steadily declined over the last month to the point that there's NO one racing period. Not even Phantom class.

I can't believe this game died so quick online. They have to give us a year but I beat that'll be the end of it. Anyway I digress.... I'm on every night from about 10 pm EST to around 1 am EST. I really can't fly well enough as I alluded to to race Phantom but I'll race the rest. And if you see me host a room I'll start a race (which has somewhat been corrected).

Wellington86
26th November 2008, 07:03 PM
crawdad,

I have been on at that time (after 3am here) on a couple of occasions and it is indeed dead. However, the online is definitely not dead as a whole. If you go on between 4pm and 12am GMT you will easily find yourself a race in any class or if you make your own game it should fill up pretty quickly. It's not as busy as it was when the game released but there's still quite a lot happening.

I realise these times may be inconvenient for you but I thought it worth reassuring you that Wipeout HD online is not dead. It seems that like most Sony/PlayStation products at the moment Wipeout is much more popular in Europe than in America.

crawdad62
26th November 2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Wellington. Yeah it's not really fair to say that there's never anyone on at the time I'm usually playing. I know that's about 4-6 am GMT which is sort of no-mans land. Too late to stay up and too early to get up for most Euro players. I really thought when it was released in Asia there'd be a lot more players on but that really hasn't happened.

I have been on in the early afternoon here and I love racing the guys from the UK but even at those times it's really dropped off IMHO. Anyway I hope I see some of you guys in races. I don't think I've ever raced with someone that I recognize from here.

OBH
26th November 2008, 08:08 PM
I got some personal bests trying to keep up with you FrostE. 1 minute 50 on Sol 2 reverse was some crazy racing, I doubt I'll be going that fast again any time soon!
your fast mate. im sure it wasnt the first time i raced against you today, but i really took notice.
i wasnt on top form today, but we had some very good battles. looking forward to more :) i came 3rd behind you and wellington more than id like to admit :):):)

@crawdad62
get on phantom, add wipers from this site as friends, and youll pretty much always have someone to race against :)

roll on invite function!!

blackwiggle
27th November 2008, 12:34 AM
Crawdad62.
I agree that there are not many on at the time you are playing,the Japanese players aren't as many as I'd thought there would be period.
But it's mid afternoon over this way at that time,most people are just starting to leave work,others have just finished their exams and are either looking for work or are out and about [down the beach]
I don't know if WOHD was released in Singapore,seems strange I haven't seen any players from there,I know it hadn't just before the Japanese release.
I look at my friends list[people in my time zone]and see most of them are playing other games atm,thankfully a few have got platinum on LBP so they shouldn't be spending as much time with that.
The weekends always seem to have a lot more online regardless.

I sort of gave Haydn a few races last night,but I was getting so much lag and other problems [it was like trying to race phantom using motion control]I gave up.
Then after I realized I had a computer downloading stuff from bit torrent sites at the same time and another that was left online with some web pages open and it was chewing up my bandwidth,so the game wasn't to blame for that.

Wellington86
27th November 2008, 01:30 PM
@Haydn

Yeah we had some very fast races yesterday - both setting PBs in the same race, and both of them in the top 10? That's what I call pushing each other.

And your Sol 2 reverse time without weapons was really impressive. I thought that was one of my stronger tracks but you left me in the dust.

micky1984
27th November 2008, 01:50 PM
is anyone having problems getting online today. i cant get past the 'connecting screen:(

Reuben
27th November 2008, 02:54 PM
dont think ive raced with any of you guys yet, really need to look out 4 use!!

kanar
28th November 2008, 05:42 PM
hey,

just wanted to thanks micky1984, avenger2197, jjohneames, baboussi, miharbi, comfynumbness,hobson,stranger27,ydtmakds,freak2001 ,pascoolito,filipki,aKfurtif(you good!!!), spiderwomen419, kaymana,kosznik,frozenmandarin, eurt,panhead8675, blackwiggle(you rock, thanks, late in australia), hossradish,faran007(you good too!), haydn (you rock), leungbok, quantum-avatar, jagrafess, whitewax, cfc100,[ chaos80, Amorbis =>you 2 rocked a lot)], iAmbeer (great name), greenix, kgb1971(you rock), fathaus, dementique, samy-fr,kasz1m,christopher29, ghost059, skullmcrex...
I'll be back for 20h00 GMT!
EDIT : SESSION2 20H00-01h00
Big thanks to Wellington86, theFroste, gtp_rorschach, zackdem, kaori714,martino,serialkiller9031, elklandestino,mad-ice, emwu23,doomrunner,akro2,il_nik, Asymel, alex23x,taarzaanz,djkyoto,simmel82,noobkilla,dixes 1,connavar, chboing, przemo-dsk...
EDIT/DAY2/SATURDAY29/12H00-15H00
thanks to trentdf, ftaddict, naidem, andreadeluxe,tomn2501, pyrosis08,victor1988,alejess, ascariFX, pandemonic, leungbok, badboyblake, hn9354, cleanwater,da1gamer,kwsabuk,vauldo1973,bobo1971,dr cheesey,wachipey,dobyblue,goldielocks13,bilouze,dp bthebest123,vic-vipert420,math88taup,plut8rch,vernonchrist, haydn, pan2maruda4, kikart,napiwochod, darkdream1,glaucos06,chaos80,kaori714,clemvst89,ch emical_kenji,musashi78,asb15,tixu7,damslecoyote,ki ngheim,dhampir81,bumbolio...
EDIT SESSION 2/DAY2/17H-20H
big thanks to : Wellington86,fiz83,tidam49,iqon77,kingsgambit,keen xd,ur-my-innersmile,pitbulldug,karbic,texasalex,shinmega,co urtneydl,nythlair,l-o-g-o,eilmalk,max40774,dobermann04, klocki_lego, chaos80,expitarius, rushinmonkey,flx2x, annopirat,leungbok,alejess,gully81,easydonkey,nash ers,asymel, asythiate,akherion, charmander4ever,dobyblue,figlarz,amorbis, crabbers78,chronos32,marydean,old_kyo,killzone79,e l-cerebro,tauzeroo...

OBH
30th November 2008, 02:03 AM
I imagine it took just as long to write that post, as it did to host all those games :)

bringing good times to many good players.

TheFrostE
30th November 2008, 02:15 AM
good races guys, ive met my feisar rival of HD after so long :p...WELLINGTON!

kanar
30th November 2008, 09:51 AM
HUGE Thanks to all the wipers who shared some time with me these 2 days. That was awesome. I met 2 fantastic wipers from Poland, so I wanted to say a warm welcome to Michal Klocki_Lego, who joined here just last night lol. I'm sure Figlarz will follow... Ans so AKFurtif (french)! I have to go back to that real life lol, lunch at my mother's place. I hope to race you more this afternoon, for day3 (14h30 GMT)
Again, guys, what a feeling to race with you... Never more than 2 or 3 secs between the 1st & the 8th, with or without guns (if no one encoutered a respawn lol, or smokin' a cig or at friend's place like Asa-Thank you SO MUCH for joining!!!). AWESOME. I have so much more to say (Leungbok you're definitely my teammate, you shared so much time with me lol, dobyblue, TheFrostE, blackwiggle, djkyoto, avenger2197.... I forgot X names==>so different timezone but you came&you all rocked!) so much more to say........
EDIT/DAY3/30/11/AFTERNOON SESSION: thanks to vx13, cyrilsmithmp,mikele1984,jac666,figure_nine,arnold_ swartz,dantesinferno,shenlong,spino72,kgb1971,tixu 7,spartiate,odoubleu,klocki_lego,hammerbro92,symus h,kaori714,suhaw,lopf,haydn,avenger2197,wellington 86,govin13,dukenukem72,mastamue,limanima,chaos80,x el666,messybutt,andybob35,undertakoss,amorbis,spoo n56,guussieboy,akfurtif,oolproo,Figlarz,bilouleche f,thewormy,macptp,zitrax,fiz83,gorillabiscuits,god slayer999,roukmoute, eLhabib,bruce1510,alr84,Pirhapac,pince85,darell,ka ymana,mandrashee,vertago,gammelnok,Guixsilver,Kigo 1987,Soccermums,Julian59,Flx2x,Risbo6...

Figlarz
30th November 2008, 05:27 PM
Hey kanar ;P

You're really good player :) Thanks for recommending this site :) And for racing.

kanar
30th November 2008, 06:46 PM
glad to see you here Figlarz!!! lol you're better pilot than me mate, & thank to you too that week-end was awesome. I've edited my post, "awarded" (carefull: only based on my own partial judgement) some wipers lol... THANK YOU ALL AGAIN. Awesome week-end. I must stop to always say awesome.

Wellington86
30th November 2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks Kanar for a great event. It was often brutal, I was eliminated a huge number of times in both weapon and non-weapon events! Excellent fun though.

And thanks for making me MVP :P. I did have a good day on Friday. Couldn't keep it up on Saturday though. Amorbis in particular was too much for me, and Leungbok was tough on both days. Lots of people were on their games though. Today was a bit better, I was pleased with improving the SC reverse record!

Raced with eLhabib for the first time, which was good fun. Once he'd warmed up he was winning a lot! I still havn't raced the renowned Asayyeah under normal circumstances, I look forward to doing so at some time. Mad-Ice and pirhapac weren't on their usual form, which was a blessing! :)

Thanks to everyone I raced with, as Kanar says there was loads of quality on show. Hope to see you all soon.

Edit: @TheFrostE, yeah it was good to meet you for the first time (I've seen you on the leaderboards ;)). We had some good battles, you had some very nice wins.

pirahpac
30th November 2008, 08:33 PM
wellington yes you right lol. and the fact I find my online much disturbed because I've done exclusively since lap speed of more than one week chengou and ubermall (19.25 iam almost FBJ grr lol) and Being an addict of all br:banzai I ve got too abused by exploding 2 times while I was the 1st or 2nd .. and I didnt play much so I ll be enjoy to see u next avalon!

Wellington86
30th November 2008, 09:00 PM
pirahpac, haha yeah I remember yesterday on Sebenco forward (no weapons) I was close behind you and you kept doing BRs and I was wondering how on earth you were finding the health to do it! I was doing it as well just to keep up and half way through the third lap I had no energy left so I had to keep it perfect for the rest of the race. Turned out you had the same problem and fortunately for me you died and I didn't lol!

I thought you'd been spending a lot of time in TT and SL, you have some very nice records there now.

Figlarz
30th November 2008, 09:22 PM
Racing with you guys is great !!! Still need to improve my abilities, but my form isn't bad I think. There is so much fun in every race, even if I'm losing :P Sad that I had to end today's session (online tournament) earlier. Hope next time I'll be able to compete a little bit longer.

PS: Wellington86 - thanks for slamming :) I was pissed off then.

pirahpac
30th November 2008, 11:24 PM
yes i remember and on sol2 reverse too..that s my bad l..i do always 6brx15energy but lot at the start so i finish races like this:cold..like a poker player i do all in direct lol

OBH
1st December 2008, 10:55 AM
sorry i couldnt race you guys for more over the weekend. housemates birthday and the bastard kept pulling rank over the tv :)

hope to see you guys soon, wellington was on fine, fine form the few races i was involved in... we cant let that happen again :)

Hellfire_WZ
1st December 2008, 03:59 PM
Sorry I haven't seen you guys online for a while, been blowing people's faces off on Call fo Duty:World at War. Will try and be online for an extended stint during the week, or on the weekend at the very latest :)

stin
1st December 2008, 04:10 PM
I have not played HD for well over a week now:(, but I`m really busy to renovate my bathroom, I`m hoping to finish it off on this weekend.

So, no HD for me this week!:brickwall

Axel
1st December 2008, 08:24 PM
Big shout to everybody this evening, especially to Wellington. I tried my hardest!! EVEN breaking most of my personal records and I was still 4-5 secs behind you. Amazing bro!!!

True say I haven't been dedicated to the game as I wish, but your very fast dude. Props to ya.

Wellington86
2nd December 2008, 04:02 AM
Thanks Axel. Unlike you I can say I've been playing the game too much, so there's the difference between us! We had a decent game going for a short while there with chaos and Andybob. After you left kaori and Leungbok arrived but I had to leave as well :frown:. I'm sure I'll see you on there again soon.

@Figlarz, I don't mean to slam or shunt anybody. I play with the internal camera so I can't see people to deliberately hit them, nor do I know when I'm doing it by mistake. It was one of Mad-Ice's videos that revealed to me that I do hit people without knowing it, but there isn't much I can do about it. All I can say is that I get hit plentifully myself, so I hope it evens out. There are certain aggressive drivers who got me killed several times over the weekend without a weapon in sight!

eLhabib
2nd December 2008, 01:48 PM
Just had a very nice 16-race sparring session with Xtriko and later also Haydn (and some other 'collaterals' ;)) - man, some really intense races! Thanks to both of you! Now I need to delete some errors from my racing lines :paperbag

xtriko
2nd December 2008, 02:01 PM
that was incredible! eLhabib, check your messages :$ lol I don't know if you noticed that at some point, my races were... irregular XD lololol you'll see why. and Haydn! you are F$#KING fast! and NO! I'm no cheater ;) and btw, is there any kind of cheat for this? not that i'm interessed. See you again soon :D

OBH
2nd December 2008, 02:20 PM
Good times. good races. Well, except SC. Man i need to sort that track out.

Mad-Ice
2nd December 2008, 04:49 PM
@Figlarz, I don't mean to slam or shunt anybody. I play with the internal camera so I can't see people to deliberately hit them, nor do I know when I'm doing it by mistake. It was one of Mad-Ice's videos that revealed to me that I do hit people without knowing it, but there isn't much I can do about it. All I can say is that I get hit plentifully myself, so I hope it evens out. There are certain aggressive drivers who got me killed several times over the weekend without a weapon in sight!

I am happy to hear you are hitting people without knowing it Wellington, because you hit me a lot! And to be honest I was a little pissed about it. Sorry about that! Especially when I am doing a really nice race and getting bumped to walls and getting stuck there. I don't care if it happens in a race with weapons on, but in an Avalon session with weapons off I think we have to do everything possible to respect each others racing lines and find another line to take over a position.

I don't know what it is with HD, but with Pulse and Pure I didn't experience this pushing over to the side by everyone.

il_NIK
2nd December 2008, 10:35 PM
Mmh, I think that in HD On-line is usual to be hitted by eachothers.

You too, Mad-Ice, throw me out the track on Chengou, and another racer (I don't remember...) hit me and throw me away on the track of MOA THERMA!!!

Yes, out of track...on MOA THERMA :cold

This kind of contact is annoying, but I think it's a little bug

:xtree CYA :xtree

Mad-Ice
3rd December 2008, 06:50 AM
Sorry about that il_Nik, I talked about this pushing before in the Avalon thread and asked if I am pushing someone. You are the first to say so, although it is anoying I think then that everybody is experiencing this pushing which is unfortunate! Anyway, as long as we all know we are not doing it on purpose we will just have to put up with it. :mr-t

eLhabib
3rd December 2008, 07:21 AM
Pushing is annoying, and I think it's mostly due to a slightly buggy physics engine. Last time I remember where pushing led to such extreme behaviour was in wipEout 1!!! I think somethings broken here... :?

I wouldn't blame anyone for pushing me, though - I'm often having a really hard time trying to pass someone cleanly. Pushing happens.

il_NIK
3rd December 2008, 08:36 AM
happens[/I].

Exactly. I think so. :beer

I never be mad about that ;)

I know so well all my friends like you, and I never CANNOT be mad

Mad-Ice, I laughed when it happens to me thinking about your old post here :D

I can say that a very small lag sometimes happens, so your raceline will be not so clear to the opponents

thanks

djKyoto
3rd December 2008, 10:38 AM
Cheers for the races haydn, it's blimmin close between us.

That CP rev 2nd race was almost a dead heat. ;)

guillaume
3rd December 2008, 11:55 AM
Just had a few races against eLhabib, trentdf and a few other guys who are not from the zone (from what I know).
Even though I'm no match for them, especially on reverse races..., I was finally able to enjoy the thrill of HD's online gaming!
Thanks guys, hope to race again soon! :g

Wellington86
3rd December 2008, 12:59 PM
@Mad-Ice, I feel the same frustration when it happens to me. It even annoys me during a weapons race if I think it's being done on purpose (e.g. if I'm being bashed on a straight). But as people have said, it's often unavoidable.

I think there should be an option to turn collisions off. Weapons could still make contact obviously but otherwise each ship acts like a ghost. I know this idea will be anathema to some people, but I think it works well in F1 CE.

eLhabib
3rd December 2008, 02:18 PM
guillaume, I raced you today??? Didn't know it was you! What's your PSN name?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I'm really starting to get pissed off by all those morons who will only race Anulpha Pass all day, with the occasional Moa Therma thrown into the mix. Seriously, if you don't ever try the other tracks, of course you will always suck at them!
And here's me getting accused of cheating and using PA by several individuals, because they found it to be impossible that I kick their Icaras asses in an Assegai, which according to them is 'impossible' on Anulpha and Moa. LOL, thanks for showing the world how and why you play this game. If you think picking the fastest top speed craft on the straightest track is always gonna win you the game, think again.

Oh, and be sure to get a life as well...

lunar
3rd December 2008, 03:27 PM
I`m obviously not fast enough. I wish somebody would accuse me of cheating :( It would do wonders for my self-esteem. ;)

I think Ramming is just a by-product of weapons off races. Everyone does it accidentally at least, and if you have a slow turn expect people to plow through you. I was always getting rammed into the wall at the turn right uphill at the end of the open section on Sol2. Then I realised it was because I wasn`t doing a BR just beforehand and some of the others were.

Many times I`ve led into the hairpin in Chenghou on lap 1, then some rookies who forget to turn just slam me into the wall and I`m used as a turning bumper by everyone in the race until I`m in last place and not moving. Not fun, but I guess you have to get the hairpin very very well to avoid it. It`s always been part of the game though. It had a big effect in Pure, and I still have a photo-realistic memory of my Goteki slamming the rear of Asa`s Triakis, then off the track and into the "mushibar" on the top section of Card City. Good times. ;)

Also I strongly agree with Mad Ice that in Avalon races we should act in a "gentlemanly" manner and try to avoid ship to ship contact where possible. In a weapons race it is of course just carnage, and should be. With ships further apart it`s not too much of a factor, and you can use your weapons for vengeance. :)

H3avyM3tal
3rd December 2008, 04:09 PM
Will be on this weekend, please everyone, add me so I can learn from you all (and houpfully put up some sort of a fight)!

And lunar, you are obviously a cheater.

lunar
3rd December 2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for that, I appreciate it! ;):paperbag

But wait until you race me before you commit yourself, hope to race you online this weekend.

Another ramming tactic I`ve had done to me online is getting pushed to the right on the mag strip at Moa Therma so I get stuck behind the bulge in the track wall half way down the strip. Sneaky, but fair enough in a weapons race, imo. Don`t overtake on that side!

Wellington86
4th December 2008, 12:26 AM
Spent a few hours hosting this evening. At some points all slots were filled with good racers, so it was fun. Thanks to AkFurtif, Hellfire, rushinmonkey, acrooklyn, Waton998, kingheim, imre92, GTP_Rorscharch, T-Rex29, dobyblue, Lunar and some others who I forget, apologies as ever.

I'd never come across Waton998 before, I don't know if he's known around here, but he's a top racer.

leungbok
4th December 2008, 09:23 AM
You surely mean Wotan998, he's another fast french pilot.:P

guillaume
4th December 2008, 12:03 PM
Wotan998 just joined the Zone, and both him and eLhabib were kicking my ass online a few minutes back.
Thanks guys! :g

eLhabib
4th December 2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah that was a fun little session - you and Wotan were breathing down my neck all the time, very stressful! ;)

guillaume
4th December 2008, 12:15 PM
Indeed!

Until that fourth lap of a no-weapon forward Vineta K that got you so stressed that your Assegai blew up!! ;)

eLhabib
4th December 2008, 12:20 PM
Haha yes, wanted to get away from you with a BR, but it was one too many! :D

Wellington86
4th December 2008, 01:59 PM
You surely mean Wotan998, he's another fast french pilot.:P

Yes, I did mean Wotan998, lol. There definitely seem to be a lot of you ;).

Lance
4th December 2008, 05:09 PM
That's for damn' sure; France seems to be a real hotbed of racing now, sorta like it was in the early 20th century.

eLhabib
4th December 2008, 06:06 PM
Just had a couple of races in Wellington's room - man, I really need to find a second craft to use besides Assegai, only for weapons races. That african sprinter machine is simply too nimble, one rocket or mine hit at the beginning of the race, and it's OVER. Damn thing stops dead on track for several seconds, terrible. Lost me most of the races just now, very frustrating that.
Tried to have a go with old friends Auricom again - sure can't be pushed, and does take weapon fire more lightly, but then it just doesn't have the edge in sharp turns. Tricky situation, really, and I really hate betraying Assegai, but in the last couple of days I came to realise more and more that Assegai is just useless in a weapons race. You know what they say: Never bring a spear to a gunfight! ;)

Alright, alright, I'm whining, I know... it was a fun session though, thanks to everyone involved :)

lunar
4th December 2008, 06:23 PM
You know what they say: Never bring a spear to a gunfight! ;)

LOL great quote :clap

H3avyM3tal
5th December 2008, 11:35 AM
I am online this entire weekend, so add me and invite me to races!

OBH
5th December 2008, 05:57 PM
great stuff with kingheim today. he went and beat my chenghou reverse record, and was a fraction off my ubermall time. fastest egx ive ever seen :)

Axel
5th December 2008, 07:03 PM
I totally agree with you El mate. In a weapons fight with GOOD racers, Assagai suffers a lot. It's the whole sitting on the side for too long which gets on my nerves. No actually is being easily pushed to one side actually :(

kingheim
5th December 2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks Haydn, good races. I don't know what happened to me, usually I don't like chengou reverse :lol

Wotan
5th December 2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks to Mad-Ice , Wellington86 , leungbok , kaori , Akfurtif , luxoflux , amorbis , hellfire ,kgb1971 and many other ( i've forgotten, sorry :?) for this race .

It's too difficult to win with you , but it was very fun to play . (Thx for plasma hellfire and leungbok 8) )

Axel
5th December 2008, 11:22 PM
Big shout out to Wellington and ARKO2 I think his name was. Very intensive I'd say. Damn you two make Feisar look the bomb :P

Amorbis
5th December 2008, 11:56 PM
I came to realise more and more that Assegai is just useless in a weapons race. You know what they say: Never bring a spear to a gunfight! ;)

I'm having the same feeling with Icaras, getting hit with weapons brings you to a complete stand still. I've started to use Piranha more often, they aren't to dissimilar to Icaras and have a great shield. Plus Piranha is an old favourite of mine :)

I had some great races today in Wotan's game. I think its the first time I've raced you Wotan, you're quite a nimble one!

Wellington86
6th December 2008, 03:15 AM
Loads of great racing today.

Wotan's room was brilliant fun. It was packed with excellent racers. Thanks to Hellfire and someone else who each finished me off with the energy beam in two different races :p.

Then I had a session with Axel and AKRO2 which as he says provided some very competitive races. Thanks once again!

A bit later I was in djKyoto's room which culminated in an extremely close tournament. Lots of top-notch racing from him. Thanks a lot.

And finally I ended up sparring with Haydn and Asayyeah for a while, which was great.

Good to see the online remains alive and well.

Hellfire_WZ
6th December 2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks for last night everyone, can see you've all seriously improved in my absence :)

Sorry for storming off at the end of the second tournament, my luck was pissing all over me and the mines on the final corner of Sol 2 that put me back into last place were the final giant dump on my head. Had to leave before I ejected my controller out the nearest window ;)

leungbok
6th December 2008, 11:03 AM
What an experiencing night, really.
I first made a tournament with Akro2 and his fellow frenchies (Epsilon, Nyctalopian, Spoon56, Le_trou_noir, Solid56) which are the Arena's adversaries every sunday evening. they're great pilots and vicious with weapons (imagine a race against 7 RR ;)). Very hard tournament so i would finish the night having my ass kicked by Mad-ice & wotan, but when i entered the room i saw also Hellfire, Wellington, Amorbis and later Kaori & Kgb1971. I was definitely sure to have my ass kicked:lol And it happened, most of the time, BUT WHAT A FUN !! Thanks for that, mates :clap:rock

Asayyeah
6th December 2008, 04:47 PM
I still have a photo-realistic memory of my Goteki slamming the rear of Asa`s Triakis, then off the track and into the "mushibar" on the top section of Card City. Good times. ;)
Insane memory you got :beer

A bit out of practice but i am still competitive on few tracks but i must admit you are freaking fast Wellington , congrats ! that was an honnor to race you last night with Haydn, btw mate you didn't lost your great skilltouch Osama :guitar

Unfortunately before 3 am last night i didn't went online with Dag, he preferred to stay offline and learn progressively few tracks and speed classes, so only after he left house, i joined the existing game.
This evening and night i shall spend a good time with all of you WZ die hard pilots !!

OBH
7th December 2008, 12:17 AM
id like to say there are great multiplayer times appearing. wellington with a low 1.59 on chenghou reverse. great stuff.

rushin
7th December 2008, 12:37 AM
hehe, just bowed out of some very fun races with soccermums, kingheim, kgb, and ofc wellington. you are all so violent :pirate

also ran into fluorescence who is another good racer.

ok bed, and some time for my thumb to recover ;-)

KGB
7th December 2008, 01:22 PM
Cheers Soccermums for hosting some great races last night/this morning.

You're right rushin it was violent as hell (they all seem to be these days). When there are 8 pilots vying for the same bit of track something has to give, which seemed to be me for large periods lol. I remember getting side shifted off Chengou Reverse it took me a half hour to calm down. Haven't seen the pilot in question in here yet but his card is marked lol.

Thanks to everyone i raced, your all getting ridiculously fast.

Wellington86
7th December 2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks Asayyeah. I look forward to when you're in better practice again. We had a small session last night, hopefully we'll manage a longer one this evening.

My thanks also to Soccermums for some lengthy hosting yesterday. @rushin, those were some good races! They were interrupted for me by my connection playing up :mad:. See you on there soon.

guillaume
8th December 2008, 12:13 PM
Hey Xtriko, thanks for the races! :g

There are only a few tracks where I can manage to win against you, I need to play more!

xtriko
8th December 2008, 12:43 PM
Hi mate! I supose that you are wzFro. there were great races! I liked the last one. Chengou no weapons. I took the Big fat fish out of the fridge lol managed to be 2nd and you got the 1st place for what? 8secs? XD that was what i call a Harimau eating some sushi lol ;) hope to see you soon :D

OBH
8th December 2008, 01:36 PM
had some fantastic races with amorbis yesterday.

best was me leading all of chenghou, amorbis overtook me on the last straight... thank god i kept my missile, and eliminated him about 2 feet from the finish line :)

fantastic race.