PDA

View Full Version : New PS2 Slimline model

DawnFireDragoon
26th August 2008, 10:52 PM
So there releasing an even smaller slimline ps2. great news, hopefully coming with a price drop too. apparently it's smaller due to the ac adapter been removed or something. so good news for people looking to play some great games cheap. the ps2 has a great library of old games, and if the price drop is good enough, those with a ps3 without backwards compatibility can pick one of these up.

Frances_Penfold
27th August 2008, 02:13 AM
Long live the PS2-- great gaming, great software, good prices :)

Maybe I will pick one of these up in the fall.

Darkdrium777
27th August 2008, 02:40 AM
My old PS2 is still going strong, it's the best DVD player in the house aside from the PS3! Other DVD players just crap out and stop reading discs after a while (except PS3 again), but the PS2 reads them all. Crazy considering it's older than all the other DVD players...
I don't use it for games anymore though. 60GB PS3 has taken the mantle.

Kscorps
27th August 2008, 02:50 AM
The disc cover on my phat PS2 fell off but is still owning! I might pick one of these up anyway though.

Lance
27th August 2008, 02:59 AM
The first small version of the PS2 already had the power supply outside the console housing. And both the power button and the lid opening button on the console were absurdly small.

Maybe if they integrate even more chips and give it bigger buttons, I might go for it.

DawnFireDragoon
28th August 2008, 11:10 PM
update: in another brilliant move by sony, the uk won't be getting it. US, japan and some of europe...yes, but not the uk. seriously, what's wrong with sony these days? :(

gnesta_93
11th September 2008, 05:24 AM
They donĀ“t like uk:?:

DawnFireDragoon
17th September 2008, 10:34 PM
i'd guess not the way they price things here. i'm still bitter about them charging such a high price for a ps3 when they removed backwards compatibility...something they used to market the ps3 to begin with.

then there's the wipeout pulse pack prices/content.

my opinion is that Sony made a few misteps this console generation, maybe not intentionally, and i'm sad about that as sony gave me the ps1 and 2 and a heap of great games and fun with friends.