PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR 09 - PS3 online play

G'Kyl
2nd July 2008, 05:09 PM
Hey guys,

I'm pretty busy with things, but since NASCAR 09 turned out pretty awesome, I just have to make time for it. :) So, I was wondering if anyone else wants to play the PS3 version online. Servers are pretty darn deserted... ;)

Ben

Rapier Racer
2nd July 2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah I've got NASCAR 09 have to agree it turned out pretty sweet after what I felt was the 08 DISASTER.

What time we talking?

infoxicated
2nd July 2008, 09:21 PM
When did it come out?

//checks

Oooh... last week... must have flown right under my radar.

Not sure I'd pay £40 for a NASCAR game, but let me know how the racing goes. :)

Rapier Racer
2nd July 2008, 09:27 PM
I was quite surprised when I heard it was out in June 08, feels a little premature for a game with 09 in it's title, we're just half way through this year!

I'm gonna guess they tried to get it out before the NASCAR season was to far on.

Also I ended up paying 50 quid for it, because when I went into GAME at 10.20am on the day it came out they apparently had sold out of it, yes, sold out, of a NASCAR game, they'd been open for an hour and 20 minutes on a quiet Friday morning and it was sold out. Went next door to HMV got it no problem. The moral of the story? GAME are NOT first place for games. They also failed to supply me with COD4 months after its release, guess where I got it!

RJ O'Connell
2nd July 2008, 10:05 PM
If this plays anything like NASCAR Thunder 2004, it's at least worth a rental.

(NR2003 = still the best)

G'Kyl
2nd July 2008, 10:29 PM
Actually, this feels a lot like the Papy games. Dunno if it's because some of the people emigrated to EA land. But then David Kaemmer, I think, bought the Season 03 code...

Anyway, don't know yet what time we're talking. We still need two more people, since they only let you start a race with at least four. ;)

Fox: N09 actually replaced my former oval racing sim favorite on console, IndyCar Series.

Ben

RJ O'Connell
3rd July 2008, 03:14 AM
I just wished EA could have licensed a full field of Cup drivers. ****, there's more teams that run full time on the circuit than there are gird positions every race, it can't be that hard unless:

1) certain teams don't want to be embarassed in video game form, i.e. Haas CNC, Bill Davis, Furniture Row, all those tiny teams that run 40th each race
2) the licensing dept. is lazy on a new level. FIFA has a jillion teams, it wouldn't be too much to ask.

G'Kyl
3rd July 2008, 06:39 AM
FIFA has a jillion teams, it wouldn't be too much to ask.

FIFA also sells "slightly" better around the world than NASCAR will ever do. ;) The latter is a strong North American franchise - one that few people care about anywhere else.

Ben

infoxicated
3rd July 2008, 07:57 AM
heh!

Yeah, Stephen - it couldn't have been that hard for GAME to sell out of the three copies they probably ordered! ;)

I think I'll need to check out some movies to raise my interest - I don't like NASCAR, but I do like oval racing.

Is it decent enough with the pad or are folks playing with a wheel & pedals? (mine are back in the house in Liverpool)

G'Kyl
3rd July 2008, 12:50 PM
I WISH I was playing with my wheel, but the way my TV, console and sofa are arranged - no way. So, yes, I was actually quite amazed how sweet pad control worked out this year.

Ben
(, whose anesthetization (after his wisdom teeth got removed) is just fading away)

Lance
4th July 2008, 01:02 AM
Ben, do you feel any more foolish now? ;)

My wisdom teeth never did all appear; only three of them. The fourth one stILL hasn't shown up. That probably explains a lot about me. :D