PDA

View Full Version : GT4 mobile? Vaporware or not?

omega329
24th March 2008, 08:47 PM
I've always found that polyphony digital have pushed consoles to their limits graphics and feature-wise, I remember playing GT4 for the first time and thinking: "F**king hell! Are you sure this isn't pre-rendered? It's PS3 quality!" I've also see the "screenshots" from the unreleased GT4 mobile and I don't believe their real. I heard somewhere that the game was due to be out by the end of this year but haven't seen any more news, anyone heard anything about it?

blixabargeld
25th March 2008, 10:00 AM
the screenshots shown for gt mobile were from gt4 itself..
gt mobile as i remember was supposed to be one of the launch or first-to-come title for the psp; now i believe i will never come to psp, mainly because of hardware limits and monsterous loading times that it would request.
polyphony is now ultra-busy with the ps3 versions, but i really would like to have a gt on my psp, possibly with a good implementation of online gaming..
cheers

DjManiac21
25th March 2008, 10:12 AM
I'm not really excited about GT anymore, it's still basically the PSX original with upgraded graphics and just a couple of new tracks, bummer they never came up with real collisions, or better graphics now for prologue for that matter...

Lion
25th March 2008, 10:13 AM
I think it got nominated for a wired magazine vaporware award.
I gave up all hope of this quite a while ago.

omega329
25th March 2008, 11:38 AM
I think that Project Xanadu tops the list for most usless development team, with Duke Nukem Forever coming a close second. Studio Liverpool are probably somewhere near the bottom:)

rdmx
26th March 2008, 01:27 PM
SL shouldn't even be on the list :)

In all honesty though, no one should really hold any hope of gt4 mobile coming out.

mdhay
26th March 2008, 01:41 PM
There is / was an MGS and ratchet game due for release on mobile, I have the ratchet one and am pleased with it.

KIGO1987
18th July 2008, 12:35 AM
Im wondering will GTmobile on the PSP will ever be released? Anybody got some insider information on that title?

RJ O'Connell
18th July 2008, 01:37 AM
Nope, and a damn shame too, looks like it's vapourware but Kaz Yamauchi of Polyphony keeps saying it's still a work in progress. Though it would certainly seem that studio is far too involved in GT5 to work on GTPSP.

omega329
18th July 2008, 02:10 PM
Bloody hell, I was just thinking about this before I logged onto the forums...