PDA

View Full Version : Patapon

P52Smith
21st March 2008, 10:05 AM
How far has anyone got with Patapon yet?
Got any helpful hints?
Want any hints?

It took me ages to find the flower (second(between Ubo Bon and Rumble Thump)) minigame. Although I used a hint from elsewhere I will share it and any others I can to answer your questions.

Anyone can ask or answer.

TheFrostE
23rd March 2008, 02:09 PM
i played the demo, i just couldnt get into it though, as for "ubo pon and rumple thump" i tend to steer clear from things like that :p. just kidding, but on the real man, how is it, i know a lot of people love this game, maybe because i only played the demo.

P52Smith
23rd March 2008, 02:38 PM
I love the game.

Only catch is that I have a "uber sense of rhythm" (quoting one of my friends at school) and as such the game is a little easier and I have beaten the final boss 7 times now, I haven't got all the items yet (still missing 14 weapons) so I haven't completed it yet.

Would advise practising getting fever from a 5 combo or lower, I've done it, one pattern, 2 combo, FEVER.

Is difficult but satisfying, keep doing 'Hunting on Patata Plain' for a long time and then when you've really got the hang of it, move on and then get the game.

Finishing the demo gives you a special, secret item that I've yet to see in the game otherwise.

Nice to have a reply though

Hope you don't feel like giving up, it is amazing some of the weapons/characters you will meet are awesome.

Lion
23rd March 2008, 09:47 PM
Finishing the demo gives you a special, secret item that I've yet to see in the game otherwise.it's not in the game otherwise. it's an exclusive item :)

Cannon_Fodder
26th March 2008, 09:42 AM
I like the concept but I find the implementation irritating. It would have been relatively easy to make it significantly better.

Mind you, I'm also really struggling. I cannot for the life of me get the rain miracle to work. The double beat just always reports as wrong and dumps me out of fever.

And practising the same four beat combo hundreds and hundreds of times starts to get pretty old pretty quickly IMHO.

P52Smith
26th March 2008, 04:08 PM
I'm only 7 short now!

You mean the 'dodon's in:
Don dodon dodon

they can be hard yes but keep going.

Helpful hint/spoiler:
the level entitled 'The Final Showdown' is not, 'Servant of Darkness' is.

There is no way to skip the end sequences, annoying!!

Thanks for the replies guys, keep them coming!

Anybody know the uses of the storm and earthquake miracles (I mean like crossing the desert with rain and stopping windmills with tailwind)?

Edit:
Have sorted the earthquake one now, against Gate Ghoul Baban it stops him from attacking briefly whilst you get your combo back up to fever using pon pon pata pon and do it all over again, it takes a while and gets boring but it works every time.

As for my quest for items, I am now only five short and still struggling to find them. Am looking everywhere and fighting everything but they just aren't appearing.

Most bosses to level 15 completed
Some bosses to level 16 completed
Gaeen to level 24 completed (found him very easy so I pulverised him!)

Further questions, help and comments welcomed

P52Smith

P52Smith
24th July 2008, 09:52 AM
Still 5 items short, but I know what 2 of them are:
I am missing 'Giant Horn' and 'Gong's Scythe'

Sometimes, rarely, you collect Gong's Scythe instead of Gong's Helm. I only discovered this by starting another profile under the name " God"

Also Patapon 2 has been confirmed, including flying troops and up to 4-player multiplayer. Winter release in Japan so probably February/March for EU (I estimate only)

Chrono
29th July 2008, 09:49 PM
I thought there was another Patapon post.

*holds ring to the sky and summons Lance*

The Euro Wipeout convention ended up being 10% patapon, tomahawk and a couple others played it during some of the downtime.

Darkdrium777
29th July 2008, 10:45 PM
I guess that after every fast paced game you need something to relax on...

"What do you mean combo failed?!?" *Throws PSP towards wall*

Might I suggest flOw next time, I have it on PS3 and it's a nice game ;)

I liked Patapon for the short time I played it, but doing the combos was a little too hard and the game was a little too slow and boring. It was very original (Just like flOw) but repetitive... You might argue that flOw is boring too, but at least you relax, you don't get tense because you missed your "Fever!"
Anyway, just me talking. ;)

P52Smith
30th July 2008, 02:36 PM
I also have flOw for PSP and I find it quite entertaining, if a little frustrating when an enemy eats you.

I have since discovered that I am not missing five items, just one, Gong's Scythe, as you collect either that or Gong's helm. Someone posted a video of the items list on youtube after having used some form of cheat to get 99 of everything.