PDA

View Full Version : SONY Apparel. No Wipeout!

Spaceboy Gajo
11th March 2008, 07:34 PM
http://kotaku.com/364176/god-of-war-shirts-heavenly-sword-boxers-others-on-their-way

I know I'm not the only one thinking that Sony missed the boat. I mean Twisted Metal over Wipeout? Bias aside, I know that they'd have better sales numbers if they released Wipeout pencils than say Jak3 boxer shorts.

The franchise gets no respect and I'm out of an opportunity to get some Wipeout apparel, once again.

TearsToShreds
11th March 2008, 07:46 PM
Wow, boxers with pictures of games! Sexy! *ahem* Jak 2 & 3 were awesome games, btw.

Lance
12th March 2008, 04:05 AM
Since I don't wear boxers, how about fake tattoos with WipeOut designs?

Ummm... come to think of it, maybe not; there could be some mash-up involving the meaning of ''wiping''. :| :twisted

infoxicated
12th March 2008, 09:04 AM
This is a SCEA initiative, which is why it features SCEA titles such as SOCOM. WipEout is a SCEE title and as much as we've wanted to have WipEout t-shirts out there our pleas have fallen on deaf marketing ears. For some reason the desire isn't there - same with die-cast models.

mdhay
12th March 2008, 03:48 PM
Die....Cast?

Noes!!

Spaceboy Gajo
12th March 2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks foxy! Especially for all the insight behind the scenes and I know you're always fighting the good fight ;)

Good thing I'm not in those marketing meetings. I think I'd be either making a dent or cracking my head open while I continously bang my head on the table. Why? Frustrated by such decisions that marketing people make.

They may have a valid point. Perhaps the partnership with Kappa for Fusion burned them. I would've loved to picked up some shirts, but I lived on the wrong side of the pond.

Like I said, I may be biased but still feel members on here would help bump up the sales numbers and definitely would sell more than any of this apparel that will be coming out.

Lance
12th March 2008, 06:31 PM
Die-cast models?!

}is suddenly overcome by lust for Wipeout-shaped metal{

Lion
12th March 2008, 06:32 PM
how far did the die-cast models initiative get before being shot down?
were there simply concept drawings or were prototypes built?
if there were prototypes, is it possible for us to see photos?

infoxicated
12th March 2008, 10:16 PM
They got nowhere mate - just like everything else.

I took down the details of a company that were producing the t-shirts for Lego Star Wars and forwarded them to those in the place to do something about getting WipEout logos onto t-shirts and those t-shirts into outlets like HMV. Never heard a peep about it again.

Rapier Racer
12th March 2008, 10:43 PM
Acht unbelievable! I would have bought a stack of T Shirts, or anything else they put wipEout on. 2 of each team die casts one to stay in the box and one to play about with like yonder child :dizzy

dobyblue
13th March 2008, 04:31 PM
Designers Republic had a very cool angryman t-shirt, but unfortunately only printed 250 of them, or some ridiculously low number like that.

In the last 4 years I've seen one on eBay once, but it was S, so it wouldn't have fit me.

I've used angryman as my avatar on every board I've ever posted on since 2003, except this one, because it doesn't let me.

:)

If you go here - http://www.thepeoplesbureau.com/ - and click on "Unisex Fashions, it's the 14th little t-shirt icon from the left.

I'm sure there are other designs that will be reminiscent of WipEout, or a Pop Will Eat Itself, Photek, etc., album cover, but it's the angryman I want.

Medusa
14th March 2008, 05:49 PM
Problem is that you can't buy anything off that site! At least I couldn't. Which is a good thing for my bank account. But it's one of my favourite websites. And I digress from the topic...
Yes wouldn't it be lovely, wouldn't it be nice...if Sony loved its WipEout genre enough to set a price...on T-shirts, mousepads or even stuffed Pulse Dice!
(Yeah, stretching the want list just a bit with the stuffed dice...)

Lance
14th March 2008, 08:20 PM
Will the dice be hangable from the interior rearview mirror and have car deodoriser capability?

A built-in MP3 player would also be nice for dice.