PDA

View Full Version : Ace combat x

omega329
27th February 2008, 05:00 PM
who remembers this? started playing it again recently, got all aircrafts, all but 6 parts(you need to play multiplayer to get them) all special one colours, and the majoritory of special 2 colours, i just cant be bothered to get all the aircraft up to 100% kill rate. how are other people doing at this game? i know rob's got/had it and i want to compare myself with people who don't think i'm obsessed...

mdhay
27th February 2008, 05:13 PM
Got it. 100% completed. Haven't played multiplayer though.

infoxicated
27th February 2008, 05:26 PM
On the PSP?

Sure, I still have it - completed it twice and I haven't been back to it in a while, although I was playing against my brother when I was back in scotland at xmas time. Top game :)

Dragoon111
9th March 2008, 12:01 PM
Ace combat x is one of the greatest titles i have ever played in the psp system.Intence battles,well designed inviroments and aircrafts are the good cards of this game.I dont know how to take fenrir though:frown:.I admit i dont have more than 8 hours gameplay and less than 6 aircrafts and i stopped it for a while because of the high diffyculty level(for me).You say that multiplayer help the situation,how?

infoxicated
9th March 2008, 01:14 PM
For some reason, principle I guess, I only play with real planes - even if it's a compromise for the mission at hand, I like to keep some grounding in reality by taking in an F-22 or an F-18, rather than resorting to the weird and wonderful aircraft that you can fly.

That said, I was delighted when I opened the X-02 that I'd strived so hard for in Ace Combat 4 (S completion on all missions on Ace difficulty), and I do use that from time to time when I'm feeling nostalgiac. :)

Trouble with ACX is that I don't know anybody good enough to play me multiplayer at it. My brother will play it against me, but I'm so much better than him it just ends up with me cocking around to add to the challenge - flying the whole game inverted, using only guns, banning myself from performing immelman's - that kind of thing! 8)

mdhay
9th March 2008, 01:21 PM
I just fire off an LSWM and have done with it.

omega329
9th March 2008, 01:46 PM
//dragoon
multiplayer helps because it gives you a chance to play other pilots and learn techniques off them your never going to learn from the AI , the AI is so bad, the game allows them to fly through the ground and underwater

For me, the hardest mission to S rank was 9A/B (the one with the helicopters at daytime) on ace difficulty. Fenrir worked well on that one...
the EASIEST one is probably 11a and 11b, falken with tls so you can zoom in on the trasmitters and laser them to hell, it's kinda cheating because it defeats the whole point of blowing up the generators.

BTW what controls are people using? I'm using novice atm :paperbag

//rob I'll give you a game on x-link some time. Hopefully I'll be a bit better than your brother! ;)

infoxicated
9th March 2008, 01:52 PM
I don't have xlink compatible networking equipment, so it's unlikely that we'll play online, but it is very likely you're better than my brother. ;)

blixabargeld
21st March 2008, 09:04 PM
man, i've sold it months ago but it was really a good game, with nice graphics and multiplayer..
waiting for the sequel to come

omega329
21st March 2008, 09:54 PM
Another similarity me and Mdhay have:blarg
by 100% do you mean all aircraft bought, all weapons bought, all aircraft colours (inc special 1 and special 2), all missions "s" ranked on all difficultys and all parts bought?
Never tried the multiplayer, need to do it for those last 6 parts:brickwall but I've convinced a freind to get it on tuesday, so I'm pretty pleased.

mdhay
22nd March 2008, 07:36 PM
Yes I do.

omega329
23rd March 2008, 05:53 PM
You must have a different version to me then. On mine you can't get all the parts until you've played multiplayer:brickwall (6 more parts become unlocked when you play multiplayer). Are you sure you haven't had a go against someone?

mdhay
23rd March 2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I have.

omega329
23rd March 2008, 06:02 PM
Is it any good for multiplayer? Or do the fenrir and falken spoil all the fun?

mdhay
23rd March 2008, 06:07 PM
It's quite good, but I can only properly play it outside of the time I'm on the bus to school, so I need to test further.

They don't spoil the fun - I gave a friend my save file.

omega329
23rd March 2008, 07:12 PM
sound's good, are there many maps to choose from in multiplayer?

A freind of mine is getting it (he's a right cocky bastard), I'm going to wait for the day when he says: "I think I could beat you on Ace combat x,(followed by some statement about how good he is)" Then there he'll be in his S-whatever against a fenrir/falken (depends on the game type) learning the meaning of the phrase "humble pie":g

mdhay
23rd March 2008, 07:16 PM
Off the top o' my head, around roughly 6/7.

omega329
26th March 2008, 10:28 AM
Played my mate yesterday, the falken seems to spoil multiplayer in my opinion. Also, I got 51,000 points in a single round and my PSP crashed when the game went on to the replay:brickwall so I was pretty annoyed with that. Still 2 parts short of 100% though.

There is a problem with slim PSPs, the UMD cache setting has to be turned off otherwise it will load and "time out" the connection before the phats have a chance to load.

Vincent_VII
13th April 2008, 01:10 AM
This has been sitting on my shelf for almost 8 months. I saw this thread and decided to give it a try. Very fun! Makes me want to pick up AC4 for the PS2.

Albino Ace
13th April 2008, 02:55 AM
Hmm...hey, Infoxicated, coming from a forum of AC pros and fanatics (http://acecombatskies.com/Ace-Combat-X-Skies-Deception-f38.html), I might know a few whom you may consider worthy opposition... :P

infoxicated
13th April 2008, 10:31 AM
Been a member there for years now, my friend, although I don't post there much. :)

I guess I'll be back when Ace Combat hits the PS3, though.

rdmx
14th April 2008, 07:19 AM
It's a shame AC6 was only on the 360. Any news of an upcoming sequel for ps3?

infoxicated
14th April 2008, 10:13 AM
I wasn't that bothered, actually, as I'd prefer it to be a second or third generation PS3 title than a launch title. That way we're almost guaranteed it'll be brilliant when it does come out. :)

Still, not read anything concrete on a PS3 release. Yet. :)

Harvai
15th April 2008, 10:07 AM
Hmm, after reading this thread I reckon I'll have to buy this next! I was going to get 40K Squad Command, but I've always had a soft spot for the Ace Combat series (played AC3 on the PS1 to death) and seeing as you guys love it so much it must be worth getting.

I'll have to look around my local gaming shops to see if I can find the Ace Combat games for the PS2. Never been able to find any when I've got money to spend...

Albino Ace
15th April 2008, 11:29 AM
I usually see used copies of the PS2 trio (Ace Combats 4, 5, and Zero) at Gamestop...I've gotten a couple other used games there in the past (Aero Elite: Combat Academy and Guilty Gear X, I think) and they still work fine to this day...

:g

omega329
15th April 2008, 04:14 PM
It's VERY hard for me to play anything on my psp now, my analog nub has gone haywire, not turning right somtimes or continously left/down at others. The only upside is that anyone who want's to give pulse a go find's it extremly difficult and respects me as an awesome gamer:rock. And I think I know what caused the problem... DAMN YOU L-R-L Barrel rolls!

or it could be just dirty...

Lance
15th April 2008, 04:33 PM
And this is about Ace Combat X in what way?

mdhay
15th April 2008, 04:33 PM
Another similarity! I just claimed another from Argos.

Maybe because of barrel rolling in an F/22 is different to an AG Vehicle?

omega329
15th April 2008, 04:59 PM
oh, i forgot to include the extreme difficulty in turning while playing, which makes ace difficulty even harder, it got to the point once when fenrir was turning like an A4 :dizzy

Harvai
17th April 2008, 12:39 PM
Bought ACX for the nice sum of $40 AUS today. First thoughts? It's pretty good, now that i've figured out the controls. First mission - destroy the bombers. Yeah, I took out a bomber alright - with my Phantom... Analog stick steering + L/R yaw control seems to do the trick.

Chrono
19th April 2008, 08:07 PM
Dang, sorry I came so late to this thread. I've bought every main AC game (baring the GBA titles and the 360 title) since AC4. ACX was quite good, any I found it comparable with any of the PS2 games, and a neat new AI. Haven't played it multiplayer any though. =( But I a pretty huge fan of the series, usually preordering them and getting em on launch day.

mdhay
20th April 2008, 08:09 AM
It's a shame AC6 was only on the 360. Any news of an upcoming sequel for ps3?

Tom Clancy's Hawx might fit the bill until then.