PDA

View Full Version : new members...

omega329
27th February 2008, 04:19 PM
Am I the only one to notice a surge in new members? It seems as if over the last 2 weeks or so that we've been getting a lot of new new members compared to the usual steady trickle.
Is this just me or has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Lance
27th February 2008, 05:34 PM
Well, I've not been keeping track, but I have noticed a lot of new threads started about stuff that was already being discussed in old threads, so, yeah, you're probably right. :D

Rapier Racer
27th February 2008, 05:40 PM
Yep theys coming thick and fast and not reading the rules :( Yet another 'Where is the downloadable content for the North American version' thread has appeared in the Pulse forum, right above another thread clearly about the same topic!!

I never thought that would annoy me like it says in the guildlines but there you go.

Lance
27th February 2008, 05:42 PM
Yep, those guidelines were adopted after long and difficult experience. sigh

RJ O'Connell
27th February 2008, 10:25 PM
They'll learn over time, even if it means beating the guidelines into their head in some instances... I certainly did, and now after six years this is about the only forum I post on.

But really, I'm excited about some of the new members - at least one new pilot is from my neck of the woods, and it's nice to know there are pilots flying around down here!

Task
28th February 2008, 03:35 AM
Yeah, new games always means new members.
It's an exciting time, you never know when a fast and dedicated wiper is just going to appear in your neck of the woods and be looking for some hot Ad-Hoc action.

Man, does that sound as wrong as I think it does?

Anyway, yeah, it also means we get a lot of posts against the guidelines and everyone is reminded of why the guidelines are there. Eh, there's always a price! 8 )

Lion
28th February 2008, 04:55 AM
looking for some hot Ad-Hoc action.

Man, does that sound as wrong as I think it does?Kinky? yes. Wrong? jury's still out.
the thing that's been stinging me is the 40+ unread threads every day when I get home from work... an active forum is a good one, but I kinda miss having the time to read every post :P

Lance
28th February 2008, 05:48 AM
Just be glad you're not a mod; we have to read them All. :dizzy :coffee:coffee

The Gracer
1st March 2008, 06:48 AM
frankly - and i dont mean to offend anyone here, so please, dont be offended - i think new members are good but when you get a huge and sudden rush of kids that just..well..rush in and disregard almost EVERY rule in the guidelines that i always tried to follow...it rubs me up the wrong way, not to mention i miss nearly every post being somewhat intellectual and almost always funny to read.

Finally, somewhere i could let that out! i was getting to the point where i was going to leave a giant flame mark somewhere in the forum....haha.

Lance
1st March 2008, 11:28 AM
}remembers lovely green flame from holding piece of copper to the fire of an active Bunsen burner{

----------

''somewhat intellectual''

Somewhat?
Somewhat!?! Well you ugly great git [please don't be offended by that]. Pfft. ''Somewhat'', indeed. Hmf. ;)

The Gracer
2nd March 2008, 02:29 AM
haha, see?! like that. i had to supress the giggles, dad always looks at me sideways when i have giggling fits while sitting at the computer. :P

Lion
2nd March 2008, 04:46 AM
and here I was thinking the green flame was a reference to the drummers in Ths Is Spinal Tap

Asayyeah
4th March 2008, 02:04 PM
Just be glad you're not a mod; we have to read them All. :dizzy :coffee:coffee
True !
Atm 90 unread topics containing new posts for me , i need to work on reducing that number as quickly as i can.

About new members that is always refreshing to have new blood injected into a community, we can find real amazing skilled pilots : look at Ash Omen, The Muse, etc... and also awesome new friends ( chrono :+ )
there's also true 'pricks' but those are not staying for a long time which is a good point :)

omega329
4th March 2008, 09:07 PM
90? I usually make my way through all the threads every night! I spend more time on these forums than I actually do playing wipeout, hence the 2 times I've caught Lance out when he's said "thread closed" and forgotten to close it. BTW Lance, sorry for making you look bad, I see you deleted my post back on that XL thread.:redface: I'll PM you if I spot another unclosed thread.

Lance
4th March 2008, 10:30 PM
The reason I deleted the post was because it was made after the thread had already been announced as closed and because it was also offtopic, not because it made me look bad. I made myself look bad, and am always ready to take responsibility for doing so.

Back to topic?

bastienrehm
5th March 2008, 02:03 PM
New member here !

Been a WO fan for over 10 years and I've posted on other forums before, I hope I won't be an annoyance. n_n

Asayyeah
5th March 2008, 03:17 PM
Welcome on board fellow french citizen :)
Enjoy your stay here :coffee

bastienrehm
5th March 2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks ! Grats on your ranking btw.

blixabargeld
18th March 2008, 11:14 AM
yep!!
than i'm really sorry if the post that i've posted nearly two minutes ago says nothing new...:bomb

-------

thread, not post...