PDA

View Full Version : How did I forget this: Six Years!

Lance
21st February 2008, 06:45 PM
I don't know how I missed it... wait, yes I do know [ was totally involved in personal financial crisis], but the WipeoutZone forum moved to its own server six years ago, this past February 7! I feel so lucky to have had this place; the WZ is a part of my life, a really great part. Thanks, Rob, for everything you've done to make the WipeoutZone, and to keep it at such a high level of excellence all these years. I wouldn't want to be without it.

infoxicated
21st February 2008, 07:27 PM
I noticed it roll past - if only because it was six years from when I moved from London to Liverpool, and I remember setting up phpBB at work during my lunch hour because I didn't have an internet connection in my new flat at the time.

We ran that phpBB forum for quite a while, but it seems like an age ago now that I'm used to the sophistication of vBulletin. :)

Thanks for pointing it out, Lance - it actually makes it clear that you've kept up a rate of almost 1000 posts a year - even with all the offline time you've had due to those pesky hurricanes! ;)

Lance
21st February 2008, 08:30 PM
Heh, I was offline this year because I couldn't pay the telephone bill; they cut me off! :D
Luckily [ well, not entirely luck, though maybe everything in life comes down to that in the end ], that is unlikely to occur again [though one should never say never about anything. ]

I posted less over the last couple of years; I used to have more than double your number of posts even when I counted your 1410 at the old EZ board. :o

Mad-Ice
22nd February 2008, 10:41 AM
Congratulations!! I thought it was already last year that we celebrated the 6th anniversary. I even bought a T-shirt of it, on the European Wipeout Convention 2007!

Here is to another 6 years!!

Asayyeah
22nd February 2008, 11:43 AM
Thx Rob for what you did and permit to us :+

infoxicated
22nd February 2008, 12:26 PM
Congratulations!! I thought it was already last year that we celebrated the 6th anniversary.
Yeah, Lance is talking about six years of the site having its own forums - we used to have an Ezboard forum before then.

The site itself was seven years old in January. :)

Hellfire_WZ
22nd February 2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks a bunch Rob for setting WipeoutZone up and putting the effort in to maintain its status as the best Wipeout fan-site on the net. And of course to everyone on here who have been a great bunch to speak to over the years.

Here's to another six years :beer

Rapier Racer
22nd February 2008, 04:06 PM
Yes indeed this place is home :banzai If something happened and it shut it would be like an eviction.

I also add my thanks to Rob for a fantastic site which has brought a lot of good people to one place, long live the WipeoutZone! :beer

Sausehuhn
24th February 2008, 02:45 PM
Yes, thanks for that Rob! And of course thanks to all these people here, they make this place to what it is.

:)

Can't believe I'm here for more than four years now - tempus fugit!

omega329
26th February 2008, 04:38 PM
tempus fugit!
yep, time flies, I can remember the first time i viewed site, just after the release of pure, i was typing in random websites, wipeoutfusion.com... wipeouttt.com... then i tried wipeoutzone.com, it has to be one of my favorite websites of all time, I'm suprised it took me so long to register!

EDIT: actually i had an old forum account, A!Z it was called, coudn't be bothered with the password thing...

infoxicated
26th February 2008, 04:54 PM
Interesting - I could merge the two accounts for you :)

DjManiac21
4th March 2008, 12:48 PM
AWESOME!
Thanks for this site Rob :+
So many good moments, really great people, it's all your doing (and of course the mods).

Thanks for keeping this 24/7 awesome :D

omega329
4th March 2008, 09:10 PM
thanks, shame it was deleted, I could have done with those extra 500 posts;)