PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my PSP!

Ash-Omen
2nd February 2008, 03:19 PM
got bored thought id post this if anyone has any kool custom lookin psp's to show off :g heres myne:

http://file040a.bebo.com/5/large/2007/12/18/10/1095155537a6397826664l.jpg

mdhay
2nd February 2008, 03:25 PM
You painted that on?

Rapier Racer
3rd February 2008, 05:29 PM
I used to have a green 'apple rain' PSP, I don't know if it was cool though. I do half a half black half white one though.

Medusa
3rd February 2008, 07:11 PM
I've got a mirror chrome faceplate on mine. No pics of it to post though. There's loads of photos of those XCM faceplates on the web already if "mirror chrome" isn't descriptive enough...;)

P.S. It's kind of nice to see what I get beaten on when racing you online, lol.

Ash-Omen
3rd February 2008, 09:14 PM
hehe yer thats the reason i thought this would be a cool thread too see wat ur opponents are playing on lol

phl0w
3rd February 2008, 09:57 PM
My PSP has a "custom" scratch and lacks the original headphones, so I use some "custom" ones :hyper
As much as I like those customized electronic gadgets (DS, PSP, iPod, et cet.) and adore the art of the better ones, I rather leave mine original. I have the weird feeling that as soon as I'd apply something specially made I'd already be sick of it. I'm a purist when it comes to design that should get appreciated over a longer period of time.

Alex_Se
3rd February 2008, 10:48 PM
Oh yea??
My psp > Yours
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9418/dsc00727lr6.jpg

Just kidding.
Now seriously. Face plates are awsome. In my country i've only seen a few.

Ash-Omen
3rd February 2008, 11:27 PM
haha and u actually made that lol good job, i can see the likeness :clap

Task
4th February 2008, 03:19 AM
Want corduroy PSP faceplate mod!

Lance
4th February 2008, 03:51 PM
And with a fleece lining and collar for the times when it's cold. :)

Medusa
4th February 2008, 06:02 PM
It'll need a block heater for Manitobans like me. And a mini set of booster cables. Maybe I'll just revert to storing my PSP in an old sock. ;)

Task
4th February 2008, 06:55 PM
storing my PSP in an old sock. ;)Funny you should mention that.
Shortly after I got my PSP I had to commute an hour via subway to work every day. Obviously, I was going to play my PSP. I didn't have a carry case or anything though, I still hadn't found "just the right one". So I grabbed a thick sock out of my drawer and the PSP slid right into it like it was custom fit!
I used that sock as a PSP carry case for at least 2 weeks. Then I showed my wife my "nifty invention" and the next day she went out and got me a sweet black leather carry case for $5. I guess she didn't think it was as cool as I did. 8 D

Hmm, I could probably cut some holes in that sock for screen and buttons, then stitch the open end closed, and have my very own custom PSP faceplate mod...

I have a feeling this is another one of my colossally stupid ideas. 8 D

mdhay
4th February 2008, 07:02 PM
I was going to re - model a Feisar psp, but I dreamt that.

omega329
5th February 2008, 07:57 PM
//task
yeah,this is another one of your colossally stupid ideas. I mean, how would you open the UMD tray? I mean back in the days when there was only one wipeout game for the psp, I could have superglued my tray shut and wouldn't have cared it was that rare for me to take pure out.

Lion
5th February 2008, 08:01 PM
one of those yellow Simpsons PSPs would be a good base for that

Alex_Se
6th February 2008, 01:31 PM
storing my PSP in an old sock. ;)
That's actually a good idea!!
Since I never found a case to protect the psp slim i might use a sock! Really i'm serious hehe :D I can even consider it a "Pimped PSP".