PDA

View Full Version : [Hardware problem]Wi-fi stopped working on my router

NeXaR_QroN
2nd January 2008, 12:00 PM
Well, I suppose it must be some hardware experts among the pilots, so I launch this question:

Since a week ago (more or less), the Wi-fi of my Router (Amper Xavi 7668r, if that matters) started to work erraticaly. It can do one of these things on main power-up:

- Sometimes the wi-fi doesn't power up.

- Sometimes the light turns on, and for the first 15 seconds or so, I can "see" the network and connect to it, but then the PSP (or any other wi-fi device, for that matter) says "Connection to access point lost", and I can't "see" it anymore (but the Wlan led remains on)

- Sometimes it works just ok, but this is happening less and less times as time goes on. When it turns on succesfully however, if I try to change any option wi-fi related, it throws a "Failed to set IntraBSS Relay to true" error, and doesn't change anything.

I've tried resetting all to defaults, flashing all available firmware revisions... and it is the same always. Is it just dying, or have I overlooked something? It worked totally ok till a week ago (and was working non-stop for... months before).

My main issue with the wi-fi is to be capable to play Pulse online... just when I was starting to enjoy it... BAM, router laughs on me.

Thanks in advance.

Task
2nd January 2008, 03:16 PM
It's dying. Return it, get a replacement.

NeXaR_QroN
2nd January 2008, 03:57 PM
I'm afraid the warranty is long time dead now xD