PDA

View Full Version : Buying stuff through the PS3

Lion
8th December 2007, 08:37 AM
This might relate back to Wipeout HD, but I am posting it because of my experiences with Singstar

These are the problems I have encountered today in trying to get sorted in Singstar, hopefully this can raise some awareness so it's not an issue for Wipeout HD

1) I can only connect about 1 attempt in 10 - please make sure Wipeout HD has sufficient servers/bandwidth that it won't be an issue
2) I managed to buy a few songs, but I keep getting disconnected before I can download them - as stated before, I have no problems on the PSN store. please make sure that any DLC uses the PSN store rather than its own separate store.
3) if connection fails it keeps trying and there's no cancel button so I have to exit the game entirely from the PS button menu to get control of my console back - please put cancel buttons on any dialogue box/progress screen that requires network communication
4) I get the impression that I am being forced to use a server in europe somewhere (all the clips I see are from UK or germany) rather than anything even in the same hemisphere - please remember that there is a lower half to the planet when it comes to putting servers around the place. Also Australasian countries have considerably better links to the USA than we do to europe or asia. so if it comes down to that choice, please let us play against americans rather than forcing us to connect via other parts of the world.

Further info to number 2. I bought 6 songs, and 6 hours later had only succeeded in downloading 2 of them.

Rapier Racer
8th December 2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah looks like a lot of people bought the game and decided stat buying stuff all at once, you think they'd expect that eh I believe that Singstar nonsense is quite popular.

lunar
8th December 2007, 06:41 PM
I`m hoping to find a copy of Singstar Bollywood under the :xtree soon :guitar Somehow my angelic singing is under-appreciated by family and friends, and by the game itself :| But I love it.

I hope Sony can sort out the downloads - it`s the unusual stuff (i.e. games that don`t involve space marines or plasma-blasters) that makes it seem worthwhile to stick with Playstation just for Wipeout.