PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Update 2.0

Lion
8th November 2007, 11:15 AM
it's out!
installing it as we speak.

I have a PSP and a sony ericsson cellphone, both take memory stick duo. it's annoying me greatly right now that the PS3 does not.
do you think I could find any of my Memory Stick/Memory Stick Duo adaptors?
Also I just learned that the PS3 cannot access the folders on my memstick duos when connected to my cellphone via usb

If you are annoyed that the PS3 downloads incredibly slowly, I found that I could download the update to my PC several times faster, then transfer over on a USB device (my psp)

An update now that it's installed and I've had a play:
- the little info panel thing would be considerably more interesting/useful if I could define RSS feeds for it to track rather than it just showing a regional feed
- the new background colour/brightness settings are very welcome. I like the light grey set to -4
- the rounded font looks identical to the normal one to me
- it makes sense that the account management and PSN store should be broken out from the other online features. but was it necessary for the icon to not match any of the rest of the theme?

I am yet to fiddle with playlists

overall it seems OK, but not earth shatteringly great. I just wish I could access the friends list while playing a game

infoxicated
8th November 2007, 12:36 PM
I got it this morning.

Not really tried much with it yet as I had to go to work, although I did activate the remote play in the hope that the network guy at work had added the PSP 2000's MAC address to the firewall. He hasn't, so remote play shenanigans will have to wait.

Unless you have a new PS3, doesn't the memory stick just slot into the memory card reader slot? That's what I do with my PSP's memory card when I cant be bothered connecting it via the USB cable and switching it to USB mode.

Edit:

Yay! I can access the internet from my PSP now and the remote play works! It was a little juddery when I was streaming music off of my PS3, but the fact that it works at all is ace!

Nothing on the store yet, though... where are the Thursday updates, I wonder? :|

Lion
9th November 2007, 09:44 AM
Unless you have a new PS3, doesn't the memory stick just slot into the memory card reader slot? That's what I do with my PSP's memory card when I cant be bothered connecting it via the USB cable and switching it to USB mode.
The PS3 has a Memory Stick slot. the PSP uses Memory Stick Duo
and I searched everywhere and have lost all my adaptors.:(

There's a few alternative themes available for the PS3 XMB now. I am using Nature icons, with the stock background in pale grey with -3 brightness now.

http://www.n4g.com/News-81762.aspx for more info on sony's themes edit: I have just read that these are in the american PSN store also. They definitely are not in the NZ store

edit: woohoo! theme editor is out already: http://kotaku.com/gaming/playstation-3/create-your-own-custom-playstation-3-themes-320571.php