PDA

View Full Version : psp lite questions

JABBERJAW
30th September 2007, 05:20 PM
Well I have one, and it's pretty nice, but have a few questions.

1) Does it access memory cards the correct way, I cannot seem to load my pure saves. Could this be a 1.50 firmware problem on my old system?

2) is there a way to make it access the 333 option? or does it auto detect the game that was programmed to use it?

3) Is there a plan to be able to use a ps3 controller to play games on the psp either wirelessly or by usb

4) Are there any plans for a svideo out? Component is pretty good on my hi def though, I'll need to compare to my psp2tv which looked pretty good on my pal tv. I think there might be less graininess.

stin
30th September 2007, 08:36 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4197

stevie:)

JABBERJAW
1st October 2007, 01:02 AM
I read that thread and my questions were different from what the author intended it, so I made a new one so I wouldn't hijack his topic.

Asayyeah
1st October 2007, 05:44 PM
Al
1) have you got corrupted datas for your saves or is this something different? if said corrupted it is a bug that is from time to time happends to fellow pilots here. It deals with their memory stick which erased the saves ( in a way ) but keeps all the recorded ghosts and DL packs
If it's different i have no clue at all...

2) at my knowledge there's no 333 option into psp menu

3) No Al i don't think so , you ll have to use the current Dpad or nub from your slim psp

4) I can compare with the 3 systems i saw : pspontv ( based on lense system) is the less impressive one : i rate it at 2 stars, your psptotv is great : 4 stars but there's micro lag between action of pressing dpad and result at screen , component cable and slim psp is the best result ( at least on lcd screen) i rate it the maximum : 6 stars :dizzy : it's awesome to look , 1st i thought it was same as the psp screen ( which is brilliant , right? ) but today i feel it a slightly better due to details i saw on the lcd i haven't noticed before on psp.

Medusa
7th March 2010, 04:50 PM
Sorry for digging the old thread up. It had to go in one old thread, the question was, which one.

So: I got a new PSP 3001. I still had my genuine Sony 4GB MS Pro Duo (no Mark 2, just MagicGate). At first, I couldn't even start Pure-my profile was corrupted on the stick, but none of the ghosts. Pulse profile corrupt as well. No problem, I had it backed up on the PC, so I re-formatted the Mem. stick and then recopied all info (except I forgot to backup all the pulse ghosts, blarg...)

All was working beautifully. I finally got the Pulse DLC, tried out the tracks a bit, and then went to download some demos off the PS Store. The Echodrive demo downloaded, then would not play (just a black screen after the initial SCE screen). I re-downloaded, then it informed that setup failed.

End result: I deleted the "corrupt data" that was the demo. Instantly everything else on my PSP became corrupt data. I am now completely unable to reformat the MS (error code 8022008B). So my lovely 4 gig can sit around rusting now while I juggle things on a 2 gb. :-

I wonder if this is a problem with the memory stick (did it get too old? it's 4 yrs old now), a problem with the demo, a problem with the psp, or did I try to overfill the MS and wreck it (is that even possible?). Any idea?

AG-wolf
7th March 2010, 05:22 PM
@ Medusa and Al both, regarding corrupt data;
Are your memory sticks official brands (SanDisk, Sony, etc) from a store like Target, Radio Shack, Best buy, etc? If you bought it online, there's a possibility of it being a rip-off from china or something. I have a 4 or 8gb "Sony" card which I knew had a 99.9% chance of being a knock-off, and sure enough it is...

Easiest way to check is to go into the system bar of the XMB and find the option that tells you "MagicGate" information; if it just has like ??? for info, it's probably a counterfeit.

I've had a few issues with mine not reading files and stuff, but it seems to be working alright for a while now so I'm not too worried. It's always good to do a full format anyway, though and start fresh to rule out anything else.

other than that;

1) Not necessarily, 1.50 shouldn't be a big issue. Maybe the contacts for the card slot are dirty? try blowing in it to try and clean them out

2) Some later PSP games will switch into 333 mode on their own, other than that, you have to mod the machine to force 333

3) you might be able to use a PS3 controller on the PSPgo, but I'm not sure. If you mod the machine, you can use a USB controller through your PC connected to the PSP's USB port... it's contrived, and I still can't tell if there's any lag or not, but it works. I can show you a video when I get back to school; it's that "RemoteJoy" thing that Darkdrium was talking about a while back

4) PSP-3000 series has s-video output I believe; you need to get a 3rd party video cable, but the console itself does have a non-progressive option.

Medusa
7th March 2010, 05:30 PM
Yes, I'm 100% sure it's genuine. (That's why I posted "genuine", lol!) I never had any trouble at all with it when I had my PSP 1000 series. I have had the displeasure of owning a rip-off MS before.

I'll have to try cleaning the contacts. It has been sitting for probably 2 years (in its package, but still...). Anything's worth a try.