PDA

View Full Version : Colin McRae feared dead

Hellfire_WZ
16th September 2007, 08:29 AM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1284286,00.html

Bloody hell... Still not confirmed if he was on board, but still...

infoxicated
16th September 2007, 09:15 AM
I think he's dead for sure - the media are just playing it safe for a change. There's no way at all that Colin McRae wouldn't have issued a statement by yesterday evening if he was alive and kicking.

What's worse is that his little son was with him.

Richard Burns and Colin McRae in the space of a couple of years... sucks. :(

The Gracer
16th September 2007, 09:38 AM
Wow.

I remember, back in the mid nineties (sp?), the NZ Rally used to go through a HUGE reserve up the road from my house (in suburbia, strangely enough) called Totara Park - i would walk up the hill with my step father and wait eagerly to see the blue 'rex fly through a tricky downhill chicane/sweeper complex we frequented.

What a loss. Another name who is truly up there with the greats of rallying that will be sorely missed.

:(

infoxicated
16th September 2007, 09:49 AM
Confirmed in this article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article2461339.ece

stin
16th September 2007, 10:42 AM
Pretty tragic and thinking of his family.

stevie:(

Mark Of Insanity
16th September 2007, 10:44 AM
I was hoping this would be proved to be false...

It seems so odd - one moment he is there and the next, there is nothing.
And that he didn't die racing... Someone at our school died with their father like this, I think. Maybe the safety of helicopters is over rated?
I didn't even know that Richard Burns was dead until yesterday, because of this news.

lunar
16th September 2007, 11:46 AM
That is such sad news.

Asayyeah
16th September 2007, 01:33 PM
True , this is a bad news for all passionnated people of Rally car and for his family, but legends never die , they still living in our memories.

cybrpnk
16th September 2007, 01:39 PM
I too was hoping that this might not be true...but i googled it and the first article was the Times online one...

Tis a sad day...RIP Colin and all in this tragedy...He will be missed for being such a legendary racer who feared nothing...