PDA

View Full Version : Visit from outer space.....

stin
26th August 2007, 06:10 PM
...yes from outer space!, who else?, it`s Asa!:p

It`s got to be the quickest ten days in history!, but we did have a rare time in my house and up North of Scotland and we are sorry to see asa go...:( However, we will meet again in near future.
We got off to a great start because I`m aware of meeting arnaud as a first time but we hit it off right away!. When we got home from the airport, then he asked me for a drink...YES a drink!!!:o which we never expected it!, so I invited Ringospoon (Stuart) to my house for the first time and play wipeout which it turned out to be a great night because we finished about 5am!!
Me and Linda already booked a hotel at Inverness for three nights. So, I drove right up to the top of Scotland which the place called John O` Groats, then we decided to drive the different route back to Ullapool then to Inverness so that meant we covered the whole top of Scotland which turns out to be an amazing day.
So time is near for asa goes back to France tomorrow afternoon.

In the space of five days driving, I covered just over 1300 miles!! (ouch!)

Asa will put the pics in when he has time.

stevie:)

Asayyeah
26th August 2007, 07:15 PM
When i go back home i ll make it longer but here's our batch of pictures from Stevie and I. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7263499@N05/sets/72157601669666768/)

RJ O'Connell
26th August 2007, 08:34 PM
Nice stuff. I also noticed some photos from Amsterdam - oh man, I really need to get to one of these WO conventions, organise my own...whatever...

lunar
26th August 2007, 09:03 PM
Looks like a great trip North, I have to go to John o` Groats one day. But when I saw the thread title I thought you were talking about this (http://heritage.scotsman.com/myths.cfm?id=40412005). Apparently this part of Scotland is the Roswell of Europe. Glad you had a great time, but Stevie can you say what sort of flying vehicle Arnaud actually arrived in? ;)

Rapier Racer
26th August 2007, 09:05 PM
Looks like you had much funs here is sunny Scotland 8) I hope Stin got ya Arnaud, for the good of the Scottish Flyers team lol

stin
27th August 2007, 11:08 AM
Lunar, you mean this? (http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/stindah/assayeah1.jpg);)

Honestly, he is pretty scary, I can assure you ;)

stevie:g

q_dmc12
27th August 2007, 01:07 PM
Heh, Gort:dizzy

lunar
27th August 2007, 01:43 PM
LOL Stevie! He has returned to the mothership. (http://datacore.sciflicks.com/close_encounters/sounds/close_encounters_five_notes_mothership.wav) ;)

Sorry I didn`t see you both on Kai. I was there briefly Friday, and for a while on Saturday where RR defended Scottish pride very well (16 seconds ahead on Sinucit :o) and also Supersocks was very strong on Modesto and Anulpha and some others. I tried to talk them into an Omega tour, but they weren`t having any of it. :D

stin
27th August 2007, 07:30 PM
LMAO Lunar!!!!!, it`s a pity cos there is no trance music there!:g

That`s asa arrived home safely.

stevie:D

Mad-Ice
28th August 2007, 08:14 PM
I already heared you had a Blast. Very nice! Cool picts btw. Finally some of us saw Ringospoon aka Mu5 aka Stuart, one of the missing wipers of the Euro Convention. I hope to see you some time too mate. Next Euro Convention?

Asayyeah
29th August 2007, 01:10 PM
That was indeed a fantastic trip to Scotland, Steven and Linda did their best to invite me and to travel me around the whole top of north Scotland : that rocks :rock.
Strangely we haven't raced WipEout games a lot and spent our time on talking and laughing ( which is very good for health :P )
Now i am back to Le Havre for few days and will drive parents to Cannes on this saturday and go back to home by train on next tuesday. Ready to wait for Romano's coming on friday morning. :beer

RingoSpoon
1st September 2007, 08:50 AM
For sure bro :)

Looking forward to meeting you mate :) When is the next Amsterdam convention? Next year? Meeting Asa and Stin was a real pleasure and I look very much to the next time we hook up.

Had a great night Stevie - thanks for your hospitality and please say thanks to Linda for me for dinner. Great night

As for my pure performace all I can say is its a shame budweiser and phantom dont mix ;):) I *knew* I should have been battle hardend before meeting up but to tell you the truth I have not played Pure for months. Not been on Kai for a year I think...and boy did i get my arse kicked :) lol I 'admired' the careful placing of bombs and mines, brilliant lads ;):)

Sweet sweet Wipeout Neg-con Time Trial action + Pure obliteration + Top-notch Wipeout discussion + Stevie's wipeout collection made for one of the best nights of the year so far :):)

Cannot wait for the next convention :)

Great pics Asa mate looks like you had a great jolly up the north of Scotland. I will be on the search for some of that special whiskey you took a picture of :)

...oh and im now on the lookout for a NTSC Ps1 and black Neg-Con ;) lol