PDA

View Full Version : headsets?

mdhay
27th July 2007, 06:25 PM
Does anyone know where to get a psp headset or a psp compatible one? I have looked in every psp-related store but I can't find one!:( And I can't buy them off the internet, either!

q_dmc12
27th July 2007, 06:30 PM
EB Games, k-mart, wal*mart...

EDIT: aww crap, I forgot you are in UK:brickwall

mdhay
27th July 2007, 06:32 PM
I forgot to mention......
in blackburn.
(yay 1007.You must be very proud :g.)

stin
27th July 2007, 06:33 PM
Actually he is in UK;)

Why not try Tesco, Asda or Game:)

stevie:)

q_dmc12
27th July 2007, 06:36 PM
I forgot to mention......
in blackburn.
(yay 1007.You must be very proud :g.)

yeah, I realized that right after I posted it - I'll be proud when I hit 1337:p

mdhay
27th July 2007, 06:38 PM
Have done. Nothing. I even wasted £15on a pair that I thought only had one jack, but since you can't see them... I bought them. And my parents hate me for it.

infoxicated
29th July 2007, 09:12 AM
The official PSP headset is pretty hard to come by these days. I'm thinking they'll release a new version of it when the new PSP comes out. I have seen the old one on Ebay, though.

Unfortunately I sold mine at the turn of the year, thinking I'd get another one with SOCOM FTB2, but they didn't do that kind of pack this time round. I'm wondering if Killzone will pick up the microphone in my Go!Cam if I have that plugged in.

q_dmc12
31st July 2007, 03:21 AM
I'm highly doubting that

infoxicated
31st July 2007, 10:35 AM
Me too, as it's not through the same port, so unless a game is coded with it in mind it's a long shot.

We're using that with Pulse, though, so you can use the USB microphone or Go!Cam microphone for chat during online play.

mdhay
31st July 2007, 01:12 PM
There is a Feisar with silver lining.....

q_dmc12
3rd August 2007, 02:24 AM
We're using that with Pulse, though, so you can use the USB microphone or Go!Cam microphone for chat during online play.

O.O ..Wait, when you say USB microphone do you mean the psp headset or some other device I'm going to have to buy??:?

infoxicated
3rd August 2007, 12:14 PM
You're not going to have to buy anything.

But there's a microphone built into the Go!Cam and a microphone that comes with Talkman (http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/accessories/talkman-for-psp-004940.php) - the plan is to support those for use with normal headphones plugged in.

q_dmc12
3rd August 2007, 10:22 PM
okay, so no support for psp headset?

infoxicated
4th August 2007, 07:34 AM
Probably, although there are issues with that.

Essentially, if you use the headset, it raises the age rating of the game to 18, or Adults Only in the states. This is because you run the risk of some idiot screaming down their microphone and damaging your ears. So it doesn't get a lot of support due to that - nobody likes to publish a game with that rating (unless they're Rockstar).

I'll find out if we're supporting it on Pulse, though.

mdhay
4th August 2007, 07:50 AM
Do you know if a pc headset adaptor exists somewhere?

zargz
4th August 2007, 10:45 AM
what's wrong with skype? :?

q_dmc12
4th August 2007, 11:16 AM
I'll find out if we're supporting it on Pulse, though.

Thx, if it's not supported then I guess I'll go the skype route....unless I can get ahold of a Go!cam for $10 - $15;)

mdhay
4th August 2007, 01:01 PM
what's wrong with skype? :?

I can't use it. My computer is utter tat.

rdmx
4th August 2007, 01:31 PM
Teamspeak/ventrilo anyone?

zargz
4th August 2007, 02:16 PM
I heard ventrilo is good too but never used it.
my bro said .. Gamers .. use it, so it must be good huh? 8)

RJ O'Connell
4th August 2007, 02:24 PM
nobody likes to publish a game with that rating (unless they're Rockstar).
And even then it will never be sold in retailers because in the US, every major game retailer doesn't carry AO/18+ rating games, thus making the game unsellable.

Anyway, headsets. I have Skype and I'm sure I can get some use out of a Ventrilo or TeamSpeak trial, but I prefer not to be tethered to the computer while playing a PlayStation Portable game. I've yet to see something like a PSP-specific headset sold in the states as a stand-alone item. I'm sure there's one out there and I'm not looking hard enough. >_>

mdhay
12th August 2007, 09:38 PM
I tried a double jack and that umd remote with the headset I bought, but no dice