PDA

View Full Version : PSP Buttons

Sable
10th July 2007, 10:33 AM
Has anyone noticed that they seem to get looser, stickier and less responsive over time? I have an original black TA-079 PSP and its d-pad is so loose as to render it unusable for anything but menu options. Anyone tried reconditioning theirs?

phl0w
10th July 2007, 12:32 PM
I also got a Generation I PSP and haven't noticed such a thing as loose buttons, or anything changing at all, for that matter. Feels and plays like on the first day. Then again, the most stress my buttons have to handle comes from playing Pure, which hardly puts a d-pad to its limits.
Have you tried looking @Llamma's (http://www.llamma.com) repair guides? Maybe they have come up with a solution.

G'Kyl
10th July 2007, 12:43 PM
Same here, my PSP has been running fine for over two years. The nub came off once, but that's about the biggest problem I had. Let's hope it stays that way. ;)

Ben

Rapier Racer
10th July 2007, 12:55 PM
My launch day PSP is also in good working order and it has seen a lot of racing, I must say though it feels different to my newer white one its like the buttons on the white one stick out more which actually makes barrel rolls a little harder I find

q_dmc12
10th July 2007, 08:38 PM
My 1st launch PSP is in perfect working order (for the most-part) considering all it has been through - being dropped numberous times, been thrown (totally by accident), firmware flashing, laser lense cleaning... yup just acouple scratches and a semi busted battery cover.8)

Sable
10th July 2007, 09:17 PM
Cheers for that phl0w, I'll open up and see if I can at least tighten those shoulder buttons. Mine has been in a Logitech case since the day I got it and apart from the loose buttons and all the paint coming off the power switch (lol) nothing has happened to it.

mdhay
12th July 2007, 06:11 PM
My psp has hundreds of dead pixels, a nub that likes to go walkabout in-game, chipped(?) above screen, and a duff hatch. :o

Sable
12th July 2007, 11:04 PM
:O What did you do to it? lol

phl0w
14th July 2007, 09:50 PM
Mine has been in a Logitech case since the day I got it
Same here. No signs of any wear though. Besides, that Logi case is perfect for playing Pure, or any PSP game for that matter. The PSP rests much more comfortable in my palms and my fingers don't cramp so easily. Sure, it takes a bit away of its aesthetics and even let it look more like a freak's device, but I'd choose function over form any day.

mdhay
15th July 2007, 06:41 AM
Nothing! Zip! Nada! Ziltch! :g :o

Medusa
15th July 2007, 05:59 PM
Well, I got my PSP used (definition - "used" - blown speakers, slightly scratched screen, loose buttons!)

The d-pad buttons were a little wiggly and my R button stuck on occasion. Also the nub was scratching the surface of the faceplate if I ever used it. Just cleaning the R button contact solved that problem but the d-pad still wiggled a little. Anyways, I have just upgraded my little black brick with a DGX Pro Faceplate kit (mirror chrome finish, ooohh).

The d-pad is now wonderfully firm and the nub moves easily around. And now my PSP with no speakers is really sleek and sexy looking!:hyper

Maybe just take the faceplate off and clean the buttons with a qtip, reattach the rubber guards and see if that helps.

zargz
15th July 2007, 08:26 PM
I'm thinking of getting me a second hand psp too .. http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/hm.gif
you can use headphones, I hope!

Sable
17th July 2007, 12:10 AM
In response to phl0w, indeed it is. It was better than all the crappy lids and they all had a reputation for breaking anyway. Plus it was Logitech, which is always good. And thank you, Medusa. Is the faceplate any good?

angelino
17th July 2007, 01:49 PM
I have to concur with most of the guys who have posted in this thread... havent noticed any problems with buttons/d-pad/nub etc in the almost two years I've had my PSP!

Medusa
17th July 2007, 01:56 PM
The faceplate is awesome:g The plastic even seems a little tougher than the original - it didn't bend/or flex so much when I put it on. It even has all the PSP/ PS and other markings on it which I thought were copyrighted?? Only the square, triangle circle, x buttons had no markings.

Rapier Racer
17th July 2007, 02:00 PM
Blown speakers? How do you wreck its speakers? The person you bought this PSP from did treat it very well going by your post they need a good kicking

Medusa
17th July 2007, 02:14 PM
I'd love to give the guy a good kicking. But the evil bugger is on Ebay.:mr-t Took my money on a "Multiple item" offer and ebay doesn't let you leave feedback for the multiple item. GRRRRrrrrrowllllll. At least it didn't at that time. But the headphones work so that's okay.