PDA

View Full Version : My new club membership card was stolen...

supersocks
5th July 2007, 05:50 PM
But was luckily returned.

So I finally got a PSP to play my dusty copy of Pure. 99 euros for a brand new value pack, first wage from my summer job and upcomingness of Pulse so I couldn't resist any more. Unfortunately the chain with the special offer didn't have any stores in nearby town, so I asked my cousin to pick up one for me and take it to my uncle so he could deliver it next time he visits us.

The offer almost turned out to be too good to be true: Someone broke into my uncle's car only few hours later and stole his wife's handbag and my PSP!

Anyhow. Next day uncle called me to tell the thieves were caught and police had found the handbag and the PSP. Those guys had crashed their car while drunk. Apparently the alcohol was bought with money from handbag. Even the PSP box was wet on booze. Contents were dry for my relief.

Bless the people's obsession with alcohol! :beer

So I'm now playing pure intensively since yesterday (I'm only just an enthusiast with 55 golds). Having problems to adjust handling PSP, it feels like it's designed to be anything else except gamepad. My little fingers hurt so much, already gave up with that analog nub and also moved to use square for acceleration. Triangle seems to be more precise with weapons, but I still accidentally use X which I configured for absorb because I've been using I button as a weapon trigger in my NeGcon... which I also got earlier, so I'm having an overdose of wipEout this summer.

And... don't laugh at me, but was desperately trying to do barrel rolls with airbrakes the whole yesterday for some odd reason. :p Me and my english vocabulary. I'm not very fond of the new braking and sideshifting system, mainly because I just don't get it at all.

We'll, back to Pure. Gotta beat Coridon 12 tonight.

infoxicated
5th July 2007, 07:12 PM
Wow!

That's a mad tale there, supersocks. :D

q_dmc12
5th July 2007, 09:47 PM
will you be joining the xlink kai league?

Mad-Ice
6th July 2007, 07:45 AM
Yes very strange story! Luckely everything turned out the good way!!! This story remind me of one of my own made in the thread: strange and or exicting weekend.

Good luck with getting everything gold supersocks.

supersocks
6th July 2007, 08:51 PM
will you be joining the xlink kai league?

No, not anytime soon. My current connection is way too laggy for any realtime online gameplay (512kbps Wimax + 11Mbps WLAN). When I get to the town where I study this September, Pulse will be out and I'll have more robust connection. Hopefully, see you then.

q_dmc12
7th July 2007, 12:19 AM
Thats more than enough for kai:o

Chill
7th July 2007, 05:00 AM
Uummmm, club membership for what???

rdmx
7th July 2007, 05:02 AM
Chill, you take everything tooooo literally, the club being the psp owner's club/wipeout pure club.

supersocks
7th July 2007, 02:40 PM
Thats more than enough for kai:o

Yeah, in theory. But it has this strange habit to be completely idle for few seconds every ten or so seconds. Don't know what's wrong with that.

Chill
7th July 2007, 09:14 PM
Chill, you take everything tooooo literally, the club being the psp owner's club/wipeout pure club.

Hey-HEy-HEY-HEEYY-HEEEYYY!!!! :D How was I supposed to know it was just a metaphore?

q_dmc12
8th July 2007, 03:05 AM
there is no wipeout club:mr-t

entrance in rear;)