PDA

View Full Version : If U gone out to see the summer movies-post it

DJ Techno
30th June 2007, 04:10 AM
I'm revin up to see another Transformers Move since like a decade and a half. the series, cartoon movies, comics, and pricey collectable.

Already Oceans 13 and FF4 Rise of the Silver Surfer was a good stay to watch.

Its all i got to see for working so much.

mdhay
30th June 2007, 06:43 AM
goin' to see shrek at lunch. :)

andy
30th June 2007, 07:20 AM
cool =] I havent seen shrek yet

I saw f4 rise of the silver surfer. Didnt really think much of it but Ive seen worse.

I saw spiderman 3 a while back too. Thats an amazing film. =] If its still out and you havent seen it, I highly recommend it.

stin
30th June 2007, 08:47 AM
I have seen Ghost Rider and it is a really good film. I know Nicholas Cage is an over rated actor.

stevie:)

The Gracer
30th June 2007, 08:59 AM
oh man...transformers....yes. YES. movie is awesome. YEEEEEES.

phl0w
30th June 2007, 10:32 AM
going to see shrek at lunch.

And here I thought it was called "shrek III" :P

q_dmc12
1st July 2007, 01:58 AM
I'm going to see The Matrix

j/k:p

mdhay
1st July 2007, 06:45 AM
Matrix?The fourth one isn't out yet.

q_dmc12
1st July 2007, 01:04 PM
heh, I was referring to the 1st one - haven't gone to the movies in several years.

Chill
1st July 2007, 06:18 PM
Saw F4, that's 'bout it. I'd rather go see Ocean's 13, that's just more my taste. I'm a Kill Bill type a dude, not too much into special effects strength over acting depth if ya know what I mean... ;)

mdhay
1st July 2007, 07:02 PM
Do they keep film archives in america?

q_dmc12
1st July 2007, 10:39 PM
what do you mean by film archives? ...like video rental stores..?:?

kei
1st July 2007, 10:59 PM
One word

Grindhouse (http://www.grindhousemovie.net/)

Enjoy~
Kei

G'Kyl
3rd July 2007, 05:01 AM
And here I thought it was called "shrek III" :P

And then there was me thinking it was called "Shrek the Third". Shame on me. ;-)

Has anyone seen Live Free or Die Hard? I thought it was the better Die Hard with a Vengance, even though McLance has been reduced to a marionette quoting its former bright moments while being pushed around the States.

Ben

JABBERJAW
3rd July 2007, 06:46 PM
saw F4, not bad, but the silver surfer beating galactus is an insult to marvel. \Who the hell thought of that idea. This should have been a two part movie where they face galactus in the second part. And what the hell with galactus being a storm cloud? bullshit I say. That is what I was looking foward to the whole movie?

Asayyeah
3rd July 2007, 07:25 PM
even though McLance (...) quoting (...)
Ermm new nickname for our beloved moderator or you mean John McClane?
;)

G'Kyl
3rd July 2007, 09:33 PM
Whoopsie, my goodness. With all due respect, but I don't see a certain moderator save the day in a ripped shirt. If anything, he'd probably outrun the terrorists in a terribly unentertaining chase sequence. "I heard him count from three to one, and then he was just... gone." ;)

Ben

mdhay
3rd July 2007, 09:52 PM
what do you mean by film archives? ...like video rental stores..?:?

I mean the recording spool thingies that the movie is recorded onto, and that they show old fims every so often.

Asayyeah
3rd July 2007, 09:53 PM
I don't see a certain moderator save the day in a ripped shirt.
But in an Euro Amsterdam convention hooded sweatshirt who never knows :banzai
on a side note with that kind of climate we have in Le Havre those past 2 months hooded sweatshirt is what we need

Wipeoutzone umbrella into cafepress for our wet countries Rob? :p

DJ Techno
4th July 2007, 06:14 AM
Well im not going to be mad at the Surfer haters.

Hell i thought it was going to be bad and they have to make a ff3 if the story was what i expect.

I was expecting more like everyone else...

But better than I thought, I thought i was going to have to wait on the day i go back to work...Independence day july 4th.

TRANSFORMERS

Hell Yes! Nonething was better in bringing back the classic battle between Good and Evil in Giant Robots.

The theaters were packed full for a movie that lasted with about 3 hours of action, love, courage, honor, and the same thing that goes on today. Good vs. Evil.

It was my youth and everyones. even if u are 50 something.
to choose and be on the side of what we all wanted to become.
:) I'm still an Optimus Prime

q_dmc12
5th July 2007, 09:11 PM
I never really got into the whole transformers scene - don't hit me!:paperbag

Lance
10th July 2007, 06:08 PM
I thought it was spelled McLain. ?

If conventions were in Florida, superhero action would be no-shirt. It was 93 degrees Fahrenheit/33.9 C before noon here today.

element42
12th July 2007, 06:44 PM
Harry Potter was... great. They did a much better job of squishing the book into two and a bit hours this time, I thought.

only nine days until book 7 :hyper

Renegäde
12th July 2007, 11:22 PM
Not a Harry Potter fan myself, doesnt really do it for me.

Most recent film I saw was Die Hard 4.0. Cool action scenes as you'd expect with a few cheesy bits and a particulary amusing fight McClane has with an Asian chick. Overall some top notch entertainment.

Chill
16th July 2007, 02:05 AM
Die Hard was sweet!!! Great mix of action and humour. That Asian Kung-Fu chick was just more to add to the humour, like, ya right!!!! Lol!!! :D

Flying_Finn
16th July 2007, 03:53 PM
Die Hard 4.0!! Absolutely great! I loved it, and it made me to rewatch the first 2 Die Hard's, unfortunately don't have Die Hard 3....yet.
Yeah, that asian chick was really funny part.

angelino
17th July 2007, 01:28 PM
Saw Transformers on opening night a couple of weeks back and absolutely loved it... obviously you cant go in there expecting to be cerebrally engaged, but for what it is, a giant robot action flick, it is absolutely superb in my opinion... one of the few movies that I've watched where my jaw dropped back a bit and I felt like a kid again :D

Wasn't expecting much from Die Hard 4.0 but given that some of you guys have given it the thumbs up I might have to give it a shot... my main concern was that it had been watered down a bit given that this one got a PG-13 rating in the states vs. the harder ratings of the first three... any truth to this?

RJ O'Connell
22nd July 2007, 01:30 PM
Just watched Transformers. I. WANT. THE. BUMBLEBEE. CAMARO. ^_______^

(granted, the Jazz Pontiac Solstice wouldn't be an entirely bad alternative.)

mdhay
23rd July 2007, 10:23 AM
"spider pig, spider pig. Does whatev-er aspiderpig does......)
next week

supersocks
23rd July 2007, 08:36 PM
:donut

Damn I missed Transformers. Someone please say it wasn't that good.

andy
28th July 2007, 11:42 PM
Just seen Die Hard 4.0 ^^ Its got an F35!!! Very cool film. Im gonna see the simpsons movie on monday. =) cant wait

Medusa
30th July 2007, 04:30 PM
I recommend the canadian film "Conquest" to anyone who understands small-town canadian life, just watched it and it is freaking hilarious. (Though not as funny as "The Saddest Music in the World", probably my favourite satirical movie ever...)

The last summer movie I saw was probably...The Ghost and the Darkness! LOL!

G'Kyl
1st August 2007, 05:10 AM
Just saw The Simpsons last night. Great stuff from minute one to the credits! Doesn't have that hilarious fall-off-your-seat-moment, but keeps you laughing all the way. Spider-Pig is awesome. :)

Ben

Chill
5th August 2007, 11:44 PM
Just saw Transformers... felt kinda like the first Spider-man!!! They are both really great seeing them in the film, though I still rate the first Spider-man as the number one motivator when I first saw it!!! :p

mdhay
10th August 2007, 08:04 PM
Just watched Transformers. I. WANT. THE. BUMBLEBEE. CAMARO. ^_______^

(granted, the Jazz Pontiac Solstice wouldn't be an entirely bad alternative.)

never mind the camero, i want an F-22 raptor! (starscream):hyper......

Though a eurofighter typhoon would be nice. My uncle makes them....