PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with WiFiController v0.4.2 for PSP

Sausehuhn
6th April 2007, 02:46 PM
Didn't start a new topic for ages.
Sooo...

I am now at a point I don't know what to do.
I wanna use my PSP as a wireless controller. Which should work with this program (http://imk.cx/psp/wificontroller/)

I installed the drivers, the program etc, etc but I can't get a connection between the PSP and my PC.
I want to use it with the D-Link DWL-122 that I'm using for X-Link Kai as well.
So that should work theoretically.

But when I run the .exe on my PC and then start the homebrew-program on my PSP, I get a "80110601"-error on my PSP which is a network error according to the website above.
What do I wrong?
Do I have to select "Infrastructure"? Or "ad-Hoc" in PSP's network settings?
I can't get it to work but I really want to.

Anybody could help me?

I'm running Windows XP on my PC and have 3.03 OE-A installed on my PSP which allows homebrews, just in case somebody's wondering.

borell
6th April 2007, 03:41 PM
Hi Max,

the readme states that When you start the WiFiController program on your Sony PSP it will establish a network connection over wireless using infrastructure mode.

Bare in mind that this homebrew is based on firmware 1.00-1.50 exploits, and since those firmwares do not support WPA you should stick to an open or WEP protected connection for the infrastructure.

This might not help you much, but if you are lucky... :)

Sausehuhn
6th April 2007, 05:09 PM
and how do I make an (open) infrastructure network between my D-link and my PSP?

borell
6th April 2007, 05:36 PM
I cannot try this out since I don't have windows...

From what I can understand, you should create a wireless network on the computer (read the windows help files) and enter the computer's IP address on this network in the config file for the application you run on the psp. When you create this network you could choose to make it an open one (maybe you should leave out WEP until you get it working).

After you have configured everything on the pc side, you start the application on the psp and I imagine that it will make the connection to the wireless network.

Well, I'm only speculating... I'm not sure it's helpful, really.

Asayyeah
6th April 2007, 07:42 PM
and how do I make an (open) infrastructure network between my D-link and my PSP?

You can't Max ( Lunar & me tried this months ago and that's not working), that's the reason i need to buy a WifiMax to let me create an access point ( infrastructure), my DWL can't worked as an infrastructure wifi hotspot for my pc.

Sausehuhn
7th April 2007, 01:06 PM
hm.
That's annoying.
Cause actually I used the D-Link back in time to connect a Laptop wireless with the internet. So that is a hotspot then...
Hm... I'll try to find the D-Link instruction manual somewhere and try again later :)

Asayyeah
7th April 2007, 07:46 PM
No you just recreate an adhoc mode between your laptop ( which hasn't got any wifi feature built in it) and your wifi routeur you are using at home.
I ve checked the manual cause i wanted to do that experimence of infra online mode with Ridge Racer but DWL122 can't do that ( in my case i got the internet by cable with no wifi routeur, so i need to buy a new dongle with can have the access point feature like WifiMaX).

Sausehuhn
7th April 2007, 08:47 PM
Seems you are right, asa.
No PSP as controller then.

:(