PDA

View Full Version : BAR Honda F1 Livery.

Spaceboy Gajo
1st March 2007, 06:06 PM
Kind of reminds me a bit of what we'd see in the Wipeout Universe.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/26/its-official-honda-racing-f1s-earth-liveried-ra107-is-a-go/

I believe in sponsors, but not for the sake of advertising. I hope this is not a one year kind of thing. I'm afraid it will be.

Wonder if this will be in the new F1 game?

lunar
1st March 2007, 08:15 PM
So they`re going to promote awareness of environmental issues by tearing round a track at 200mph burning up several gallons of fuel per second - slight rhetorical exaggeration but you get the point. Over a hundred thousand people will attend each Grand Prix, most of them arriving in motorised vehicles. I wouldn`t think many people cycle to a Grand Prix. To make this whole circus even remotely carbon neutral they would have to plant oak trees on the entire Sahara desert.

Why don`t they suggest that the best way for F1 fans to help the environment would be to stay at home and not bother going to the race? Why don`t they announce that as a sign of their commitment to
environmental causes they will be entering the 2007 season in a solar-powered car?

Then again, you could always say that as they`re going to be doing the whole F1 thing anyway an environmental publicity stunt can`t do any further harm.

Nice design though - should look good in a future F1 game.

Lance
2nd March 2007, 02:37 AM
Sounds to me like they're trying to sell Honda Hybrids.

ace-of-spades
2nd March 2007, 06:24 PM
Why don`t they suggest that the best way for F1 fans to help the environment would be to stay at home and not bother going to the race? Why don`t they announce that as a sign of their commitment to
environmental causes they will be entering the 2007 season in a solar-powered car?

Although i did hear somewhere that banning all motorsport for a few years would be the equivelant of maybe a few hours of consumer air travel.

Spaceboy Gajo
4th March 2007, 05:11 PM
From what I've read from a columnist here in Toronto, the new paint scheme isn't because of Honda seeing the "light." Sure they have some hybrids to sell and they want us to be more aware of the environment, that is all free advertisment from this move. What happened according to the columnist is the new anti-Tobacco legislation and the lack of sponsors.

As unfortunate as that sounds, to me it would've been better if they really wanted to do it and not because they had no choice to paint their moving billboard. With that that said, I am looking forward to seeing this in action on TV and in the video game front :D

XR_GTR
13th March 2007, 12:03 AM
Hum, to me it is in some sort of strange and twisted way that Honda F1 now reminds me of Harimau somehow... something about the world...

...but it looks cool, that's all I'll say.

RJ O'Connell
31st March 2007, 04:46 PM
Looks cool but drove like crap in Australia. Honda got waxed by their B-team!

F1 is trying to implement a new energy-saving device within the next few years (similar to how hitting the brakes on a Toyota Prius charges its electric battery) to try and do their part with environmental awareness and all that. Should be intersting how that will affect the racing.