PDA

View Full Version : New player, some questions ^^

B[one]
27th January 2007, 03:53 PM
Hello ^^
I bought Pure for Christmas 2006 and I have some questions (I play on euro version) :g

*Sometimes the barrel roll animation is complete (1 turn) but I get no boost ...
* Do you play with the cross or the joystick or did you buy a custom joystick ?
* I really can't play in Phantom class, it's too :rock waoo. So, I am retarded or you guys trained alot to master this class ?
* Is there any way to avoid Quake ? (except the shield) ?

Thank you very much :donut , bye

B-one (only records updated : Vineta K time trial aka Benoît Lucet).

Asayyeah
27th January 2007, 05:05 PM
Wellcome on board fellow citizen ;)
I will try to answer you as well as i can.

if you barrel roll too close from the ground or you are a bit too slow doing it , the BR can't get his turboboost when landing : only practising makes you ability to execute it well.
Dpad ( the cross you were referring) without modifying anything. I started with the nub ( joystick) when Pure's launch but BR is easier for me with dpad so i choose it ( to make it short )
It's just a matter of training , as we say : ' practise leeds to perfection' ;)
Even with a shield on, your ship is a little bit damaged by a quake: when critical this is an important point to know. So no real way to avoid a quake but i tested a very good technique on sol2 when there's the open area : when out of the track when a quake is coming and you will respawn behind it without being hit : that has saved my arse few times on multiplayer Kai :)

B[one]
28th January 2007, 11:27 AM
Hello,
thanks Asayyeah !
I played yesterday and i discovered that the BR can be "buffered", I mean you can press Left-Right (or Right-Left) while being still on the ground and then press the last Left (or Right) in the air... it seems to work ! Now i don't miss any BR :banzai lol

PS: I'm looking for Zone mode videos cuz i can't believe you reached zone 80+ :o i just can't even drift till zone 45 :pizza

thanks, bye ^_^

RingoSpoon
28th January 2007, 02:16 PM
i tested a very good technique on sol2 when there's the open area : when out of the track when a quake is coming and you will respawn behind it without being hit : that has saved my arse few times on multiplayer Kai :)[/LIST]

I wondered how you were dodging those quakes!! :) :)

q_dmc12
29th January 2007, 02:38 AM
but that would still take some health and add some time to your lap

il_NIK
29th January 2007, 12:15 PM
Hi B(one), - nice nickname 8) -

I will answer only to your third question (Master Azay well answered you abut the other...) :clap

Only practice... The first time I play WipeoutPure I think that it was a game for very skilled people. :sonar

On Vector Time Trial the explosions of my ships were a lot. :o

Zone game was impossible for me...not for few days. NO. Months.

Now I reach Phantom Class (an impossible dream when I begun to play)

I see that when I'm able to play every day (minimum for 30min) I lower my times, and when it's impossible for me to play for some days or week I drive slow.

Wipeout is like a sport! :banzai

B[one]
30th January 2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for all replies ! :p
Have a nice day 8)

RingoSpoon
4th February 2007, 08:51 AM
but that would still take some health and add some time to your lap

This is faster than if you get hit with the quake = When you get hit you are 'stunned' which slows you down ... and slowly shifts you to the side...then you fall off the edge :)

Getting hit like this can kill your chances of winning sol2...as it can put you waaay behind the pack :)

B[one]
7th February 2007, 06:57 PM
Hello,
I almost completed the game but I am far from 339 gold medals !
I should have missed some packs... I currently have :
Alpha,Beta,Gamma,Delta,Omega,Classique(+ascension/descension).
Which one is missing ? :bomb

cia~ciao~

guillaume
7th February 2007, 07:04 PM
classic2 :)

+ the sci-fi pack if you want the ten last medals

(and don't forget the zone mode)

JABBERJAW
10th February 2007, 04:41 AM
Where do you get the sci-fi pack

guillaume
10th February 2007, 05:14 AM
here you go (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2707&page=6&highlight=download) (post 55)

B[one]
12th February 2007, 09:06 PM
Ok, thanks Guillaume :+
wipeoutpure.com link to classic2 is dead but nevermind i have to improve before solving that problem lol...
I hope to become far stronger than Asayyeah :banzai :banzai :banzai

See you ^^

guillaume
12th February 2007, 10:36 PM
Becoming stronger than Asayyeah?

Man, I wish!
But I don't see that happening unless aliens come to the earth and take him to do evil experiments for the next hundred years in a galaxy far, far away!! :D

*crosses fingers really hard*

(hem, sorry Arnaud ;))

Asayyeah
13th February 2007, 04:56 PM
:D
X-Files addicted Guillaume ? :)
[Thread cross-over]
You know you've been playing too long Wipeout when... your fellow citizens asking for cigarette man (:g Al? ) to solve definitevely asayyeah's case !!

;60702']wipeoutpure.com link to classic2 is dead

Check that (http://hosted.filefront.com/asayyeah/1891052) & download the missing one ;)

B[one]
16th February 2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks alot asa :)

B[one]
2nd March 2007, 12:10 PM
Hey !
I downloaded Classic Pack 2 but I'm surprised only 2 tracks ?
And i don't know how to unlock the classic 2 tournaments ...
thanks ^^
bye

alterego
2nd March 2007, 04:31 PM
Hi B One , hi all.

;61070']Hey !
I downloaded Classic Pack 2 but I'm surprised only 2 tracks ?
And i don't know how to unlock the classic 2 tournaments ...
thanks ^^
bye

Here the entire add pack for wipe pure

Euro Version (http://www.rigaweb.it/materiali/wipeout/euro.zip)

Usa Version (http://www.rigaweb.it/materiali/wipeout/usa.zip)

Read You Soon!
CdRom

B[one]
3rd March 2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks alterego, but i have the same problem :
only 2 tracks are unlocked for classic pack 2 at the beginning (Vohl Square and Porto Kora) and I have no idea how to unlock the 2 others !!
thanks ~*bye :banzai

andy
3rd March 2007, 11:42 PM
you dont unlock them I dont think. I think you have to download them. If I remember right, the US pack comes in 2 parts. but I havent got a clue to be honest. The downloads dont add up either. One is around 60mb and the other 80ish

B[one]
4th March 2007, 04:43 PM
oh thanks Andy, you were right it comes in 2 parts 8)
now i can finish the game =)

ciao ~

guillaume
4th March 2007, 04:49 PM
US: 3 packs for the classic 2 league:
UCUS98612DCLASSICPACK1
UCUS98612DCLASSICPACK2
UCUS98612DCLASSICPACK3

EU: 4 packs, but two of them only contain music:
UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK1
UCES00001DCLASSICMPAK2
UCES00001DCLASSICPAK1
UCES00001DCLASSICPAK1

I don't know about the Japanese version.

To unlock the tournament you need to win the single race for each track first (i don't know if you need the gold medal or if silver and bronze will do).
I'm pretty sure you don't have to unlock any of the downloadable tracks, they should appear as long as you have the right folders in the right place.

Happy playing :D

B[one]
5th March 2007, 11:04 AM
thanks everyone !
now i have 329 gol :D i might have more questions later because i am still a noob lol see you ~ :banzai

phl0w
6th March 2007, 06:01 PM
Hi everybody!
Well, my first post on this forums and I start off in the "New player..." thread of course. Although I've played 2097/XL for a veeery long time (since it's release up until last summer, and sent in a No.2 Lap time for Talon's Reach once, I guess that was ~9 yrs. ago? :) ), I didn't bother much with its sequels. Except for purE, that is- for obvious reasons! Now I'm a bit stuck in progressing through the game, as purE's handling differs quite a bit from 2097 (and fusion obviously, which I tried for a week or so, but didn't like at all).
As a Piranha die-hard-fan, I picked the beast right from the start but having lots of trouble controlling the damn thing on rapier and phantom. I don't have troubles achieving Gold Medals TT-ing but have the hardest time in tournaments on twisted circuits like Citta Nuova.
So after some introduction my questions: Airbraking in purE. Do you loose more speed taking slight turns by airbraking the appropriate direction or steering? I find one sided airbraking to be much more precise to adjust the direction your ship's headed (digital pad, anyone?) but have the feeling that it slows you down more than steering. Second Q: Those narrow hairpins like on Cita or Modesto. Do you airbrake/release thrust and then steer or steer and then airbrake? I tried some ships and to me it seems they start drifting if you don't apply the AB first and then steer, causing you to crash into the outer walls a lot.
Sorry for my basic questions, but neither could I find them covered here, nor do I agree with those purE FAQs found on gamefaqs.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Does anyone even touch the analog nub on rapier or phantom?

lunar
6th March 2007, 06:20 PM
Hi Phlow, welcome :) I use analog nub and I`ve done ok with it. Good technical questions too.....

I would agree that braking can slow you down on simple sections. Sideshift is much better to maintain speed. The current challenge, 123Klan, proves this. Then on many sections just steering and no sideshift or brake is the best way (such as up the hill at Staten Park).

Generally I would say the best system on a tight but simple hairpin corner is simultaneous airbrake+steering to get you on the right line into the corner, then a well-timed sideshift to complete the corner and take you out of it. Releasing thrust, in some ships, is very useful to prevent drifting too wide.

phl0w
6th March 2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the quick answer. Well, I'm used to simultaneous airbraking+steering from 2097 but in purE constantly found myself drifting into outer walls that way. Then again, I am not that common with shifting yet. Maybe I give that a try, if you say it works in combination. For now I kinda got used to airbraking into the apex of a turn then steer+shift. Works but in some turns my velocity drops to ~200kph (no hit) and that's just too slow for phantom...
EDIT: Another thing that's been plaguing me since I started purE for the second time. Is there any way to avoid the choosing language - loading profile procedure at the beginning of the game? It drives me crazy %)